Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Unchained Melody

There right before my eyes, off in the distance stood a tall male figure with a rifle that had a scope on it, held in one hand limply near his side. A cigarette between his lips and a shirtless torso. Stood Ellis himself, proud that he had just saved his good friend Coach.

My lip quivered and my hands shook as I began to run towards him. Rochelle began to cry tears of happiness. Tears escaped Sasha's eyes as Nick smiled a huge smile, pulling both Sasha and Rochelle into a hug. Coach smiled and laughed not believing that his friend was alive and had just saved him. My long hair blew in the wind as I continued to run towards him. Tears of happiness escaped my eyes as Ellis dropped the gun and walked towards me, arms open wide ready to embrace me in his arms.

"Ellis!" I cried out still running as fast as I've ever ran in my life.

Once I got close to Ellis I immediately ran into his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug so tight that he lifted me off the ground which I then wrapped my legs around his waist. I buried my face into his neck as I cried and held him tight. It was a good thing I was as petite as I was or I would have tackled him to the ground.

"Come on now, you didn't think I'd go out that easy did you?" He asked. I sure missed his adorable southern accent.

The others started to run towards us while I clung to Ellis like a Velcro monkey. He slowly walked towards the group with me still wrapped around him, bawling my eyes out. I pulled my face away from his neck and looked at everyone. Rochelle and Sasha were bawling just as much as I was. Nick looked like he was about to cry himself. Coach just smiled a smile that couldn't be punched off his face. I looked down at Ellis who immediately planted his lips on mine.

If my life was a movie.. the best fitting song for what was happening right at this moment would be that song from the Patrick Swayze classic "Ghost", that "Unchained Melody" song by the Righteous Brothers. Especially now that he's picked me up off the ground and we're kissing passionately while my face is still wet from fresh tears and everyone around us is either crying or about to cry.

"I love you." I whispered as I pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you too." Ellis said loud and proud as I dropped my legs from around his waist. He wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around in a circle.

"We thought you were dead..." Rochelle started as she wiped her tears.

Ellis placed me down on my feet and gave Row a hug. Everyone instantly gave him a huge group hug. He smirked and chuckled as his hat was knocked from his head. I ducked down and picked up his hat. I smiled widely as everyone surrounded him.

"I thought I was too. But the fire took care most of those fuckin' zombies." Ellis began to explain as he paused staring at me. "Let's just say as soon as that whirly bird you guys were on took off, I knew I had two options. Either die or get the hell out of there. I've never ran that fast in my life!" He exclaimed.

"How did you find us all the way out here?" Nick asked as we all started to walk back towards the house.

"You kidding me?" Ellis scoffed. "Ya'll didn't get very far. I noticed the helicopter abandoned not far from here. So I continued on in hopes that you guys were still in the area. I noticed this farm and was going to put myself up in the house until I had a plan since I was alone. Sure as shit I found you guys all and just in time too." Ellis added.

"Thanks for saving my life brother" Coach thanked Ellis.

"Anytime man" Ellis said holding the door open for all of us.

"Well Ellis, this is home.. for now" Nick said plopping down on the couch.

"We can't stay here. We gotta keep moving" Ellis stated.

I sat down on the couch beside Nick and looked up at Ellis.

"This is too close to the city and there's way too many walkers around here. I say we keep looking for CEDA or the Military. Or at least find a house thats way the fuck out in the middle of no where. This just aint safe." Ellis explained.

Coach sighed. "You're right man. You're right. But what's our next move?" He asked.

"The last known EVAC center..." Rochelle started.

"But it's a long fucking ways from here and we have a lot to go through to get to it" She finished.

"What?" Sasha asked.

Rochelle cleared her throat. "The port... the bridge where the military was last known to be set up at." She responded.

"We got miles of swamp to get through first and then the damn sugar mill" Sasha groaned.

"Here's the deal. We take today, tonight and tomorrow night off... get well rested and then we make our way there." Nick stated firmly.

"...We have no other choice." I whispered.

"Then it's settled." Rochelle interrupted.

"Well... who's up for some cards?" Coach asked holding up a deck of playing cards.