Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Get Down With The Sickness

We finally cut through all the zombies and made our way through the creepy abandoned building that luckily some of the past survivors had spray painted directions on where we can go to get gas. We called the elevator up to get us that made such a horrible and loud noise that it alerted more zombies but luckily everybody got rid of them as I couldn't bring myself to do much...

I'm sick.

Quickly and quietly - as best as we could anyway, we all loaded up in the elevator that took us down the building on the outside. As soon as the elevator reached the ground, I was the first one to run out of the elevator and hunch over to vomit. I puked so bad that my insides felt like they were going to explode.

"...Amber..." Nick started slowly as I wiped my mouth.

"What?" I hissed.

"Were you bit?" He asked bluntly.

I scoffed, "No!"

"Pull up your pants leg..." Coach instructed in a slow but demanding tone.

I stepped back, appalled at what I was hearing, "You guys think I'm infected? Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"You got that spitters shit on you..." Coach trailed off, staring away from me.

I could feel warm tears building up in my eyes as I stared over at Sasha who was wincing at me. My eyes then shifted over at Ellis who had a face full of concern as she nodded slowly at me. Anger took over me as I realized that they all were assuming that I was infected. Gritting my teeth, I threw my weapons down on the cold, wet ground and hunched back over, pulling up my pants leg, showing them that the goo from the spitter had not ate any of my skin and that I wasn't bit either.

"Okay.. good. We just had to be sure..." Rochelle explained.

"Go fuck yourselves." I spat.

"Amber..." Ellis started.

"What?! you guys think I'm infected because a fucking spitter spit on me and because I threw up?!" I hollered, not caring if I attracted zombies or not.

"...You threw up... it just... it just was bad timing..." Nick explained.

"Ever think that maybe I puked because of my nerves? or maybe because we just ate EXPIRED FOOD." I spat before picking up my weapons and throwing them over my shoulder and turning to face the corn maze in front of us, my jaw dropping in shock.

"How the hell are we going to go through there without accidentally killing one of us?" Sasha asked everyone.

"We're not... you two are staying here." Coach replied pointing at Sasha and I.

"What?!" We both hissed.

"You two stay here with the elevator." Coach instructed.

"I'm not sick!" I shouted.

"Amber... you need to understand that we care about you and we just have to make sure..." Nick soothed.

"Fuck you! if that was even remotely true you wouldn't be making Sasha stick with me." I shouted. "I'll stay here in that shed over there... but Sasha is not staying with me." I declared firmly.

"Amber... I'll stay here with you.. it's safer that way." Sasha told me as she walked over to me.

I shook my head no, "Sasha... I need you to go..."

"Amber... I'm not leaving you here by yourself just because they think you might be-"

"Sasha... remember that night we went to the store?" I asked hoping that she would put two and two together. Sasha stared at me weirdly before nodding.

"I don't care, I'm still staying here with you." Sasha declared. "This is bullshit! You all are being nuts. She's not infected."

"It's better than losing all of us." Rochelle hissed at Sasha.

"We will be back as soon as possible. If she really is infected, she will be turned by the time we get back... and if that's the case... then you know what to do Sasha." Coach announced.

I snorted a laugh of disbelief as I stormed over to the little shed. Ellis jogged after me and gently grabbed my arm. I yanked my arm out of his grip and sneered in disgust at him. Ellis frowned and sighed loudly.

"Amber... I know you're not infected... trust me, I know you're okay. I just think you should stay in here and rest... you may not be infected but you are sick. That food was enough to make anyone sick." Ellis said softly.

"Please don't be mad..." He added.

"You're leaving me in a fucking shed Ellis." I barked with tears in my eyes, "How the hell can you expect me not to be mad? What if something comes and get's us while you're all gone?"

"Just stay in there and get some rest... we will be back soon... nothing is going to get you. I promise." Ellis said as he cupped my face in his hands and used his thumbs to wipe away the tears that had escaped the corners of my eyes.

Anger coursed through my veins as I watched Sasha storm away from the rest of the group and past Ellis and I, straight into the shed. I shook my head at Ellis as I pulled away from him and made my way into the shed where Rochelle locked it from the outside. Most people would freak out and start screaming if they thought they were about to be locked in a shed with someone who could intentionally turn into a zombie but not Sasha. She knew that I wasn't infected and knew that there wasn't even a slight chance of me possibly being infected.

Thankfully the floor of the small shed was dry and there was ironically two sleeping bags laid out on the floor. I crawled into one, not caring about germs... this is a zombie apocalypse.. I don't care anymore. I snuggled up in the sleeping bag and listened to the sound of the rain hitting the metal roof of the shed that we were in. My eyes shifted over to the the other empty sleeping bag, confused as to why Sasha wasn't in it. I glanced over to the other side of the shed where Sasha was standing on her tip toes searching the two shelves in the shed. She grabbed a dusty "health kit" and pulled it down.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"Aha!" Sasha exclaimed, a smug look forming on her face as she held up what appeared to be a cheap unused pregnancy test.

"You got to be kidding me... this is ironic!" I chuckled.

"That's a good thing... take it." Sasha replied.

I cocked an eyebrow at her, "I don't know if you realize this... but we're locked in here."

Sasha shrugged, "Who cares... piss in that bucket over there in the corner."

The bucket was half full with old paint. I shrugged and climbed out of the sleeping bag and Sasha handed me the pregnancy test. I sighed deeply as I walked over to the paint bucket and reluctantly did what Sasha told me to do. The bucket wasn't one of those small paints cans, it was one of those big plastic industrial paint buckets. Sasha didn't seem to care what I was doing, instead she just climbed into the second sleeping bag and yawned waiting for me to be done.

"Now what?" i asked pulling up my pants.

"Now we wait. It says here five minutes." Sasha replied as she read the back of the box.

I zipped up my pants as I climbed back into 'my' sleeping bag and yawned as well. Of course it would be that long... it's a cheap pregnancy test. Lucky me. Sasha and I both suddenly stopped talking and whimpered, holding onto each other as we heard the sound of a smoker walking by the shed. I closed my eyes and focused on listening to the sound of the smoker walking off away form the shed. I sighed quietly before opening my eyes again. Sasha shivered in fear as she too sighed.

Meanwhile, the other four had made their way through the corn maze and got the gas for Virgil's boat. They were currently in the safe room tying the gas jugs on each others backs and gathering supplies.

"Everyone got a can? I do not want to make this trip twice." Rochelle said as she raised her gun towards the door as Coach slowly opened it.

"Let's get back to Sasha and Amber." Nick shouted over the heavy rain and harsh wind as they exited the safe room.

Sasha and I had drifted off to sleep without realizing it. However, whenever there's something I started or need to finish and have fallen asleep before finishing, I can never sleep through it. I shot up straight and climbed out of the sleeping bag and over to the pregnancy test and grabbing it. Gently I shook Sasha, waking her up. Sasha yawned but surprisingly didn't get mad at me for waking her, instead she took the pregnancy test and waited for me to be back in my sleeping bag. Her expression never once changed which made me happy knowing that I wasn't pregnant.

"Amber." Sasha started slowly.

"What?" I asked yawning again.

Sasha cleared her throat before showing me the test, "You're pregnant."
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized how shitty this story really is... and I wish I could rewrite the previous 25 chapters, but since I can't... I'm definitely going to make up for it from now on. Also, I finally have a plan with this story so I'll actually be updating more.

Let me know what you think about the new story layout/font/banner. :)