Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Roll with the big dogs

"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith drove his car off a cliff, broke both his legs? It's not a funny "ha-ha" story so much as a make-you-think story. For instance: windshields look pretty durable, right? Not the case, according to Keith. Son of a bitch flew right through that sucker―" Ellis started before taking a swig of whiskey. He handed me the bottle before wiping whiskey off of his lips. I put the bottle to my lips and took a swig. The whiskey burnt my throat as I swallowed. I exhaled deeply trying not to puke. Ellis was taking straight shots of the shit. I can only drink whiskey if mixed with a cola or something. I'm not much of a drinker so it's a given that I'm not one for taking shots of Jack.

"You sure you don't want one of those cans of pepsi to chase that down?" Ellis asked with a goofy smile.

"hey! I'm good." I lied.

"Roll with the big dogs or sit at home on the porch with the pups" I added. Ellis chuckled before taking another swig from the bottle. He paused before swallowing and pointed a finger at me.

"So did I ever tell you guys about the time me and Keith filled up water balloons with our own―" I gasped and started to laugh. "Alright! Alright! Enough with the Keith stories! I'll do it! I'll do it!" I exclaimed, cutting Ellis off. After we found the bottle of whiskey we decided to sit on the floor, our backs against the cupboards in the kitchen and sit beside each other. Ellis had been bothering me to practice shooting. I continued to tell him I'll learn fast enough in the morning when we make our way towards the mall.

"Just kidding." I quickly said causing Ellis to glare at me and poke me in my cheek. I giggled. Damn you whiskey. You're making me giggle like a stupid school girl.

"I ever tell you about the time me and Keith snuck into a Tunnel of Love? Man, if you get your spit thick enough, y'see, y'all can hang a loogie off the overhang, right, so when smoochin' sons-a-bitches behind you―" Ellis started again while poking me in the cheek repeatedly.

"Fine!" I gave up. "No more Keith stories! I'll do it! but how? we're low on ammo as it is... I don't want to waste it" I whispered. Ellis raised a finger signaling me to wait. He leaned back against the cupboard as he dug into his pocket, revealing a 9.mm caliber. My jaw dropped as he did so. He placed it in my lap. I winced a little.

"This here is my baby. I keep her for emergencies. Haven't had to use her once throughout this shit show surprisingly" Ellis explained. I picked it up. Careful.. Careful.. Holding the shiny silver gun made me nervous and eery. I think Ellis could sense this because he held out his hand immediately and took it from he. He stood up and reached his hand out to help me up. Holding the bottle of whiskey in his other.

"Come on, I wanna teach you somethin" Ellis said as he helped me up to my feet. Oddly he held my hand as he led me quietly up the stairs. My heart raced as we walked past the rooms of our sleeping companions. He unlocked the upstairs balcony doors quietly and led me outside. The moaning and groaning of the undead nearby was clear as a bell now. The "Witch" was no longer around though, so I guess that's a good thing.

I looked down at the ground and could only see three zombies staggering around. I looked behind me and watched as Ellis jumped up, reaching the edge of the roof, pulling himself up. I stretched my neck from side to side and shook my arms. Let's do this. I jumped up, grabbed onto the edge of the roof and what do you know.. I fell back on my ass, luckily still on the balcony. Please tell me he didn't see that...

"That whiskey kickin' in or what?!" Ellis asked as he reached his arm out. I blushed in embarrassment, taking his hand, I jumped up and this time successfully ended up on top of the roof with the help of Ellis. I slowly got on all fours. I was afraid of heights. Ellis just stood tall and walked over to the dead center of the roof. I heard him chuckle as he looked back at me. I slowly crawled my way over to him. He looked down at me as he took another swig of whiskey. He sighed in amusement before pulling me up to him. I was so close to his chest I could feel his breathe on my skin. He spun me around so back was against his chest. My heart raced. God, I'm such an awkward person.

"Kill that walker down there" Ellis instructed as he put the 9.mm in my hands. I gulped. Ellis just mearly turned his head to the side so he could take yet another swig of whiskey. He cleared his throat as I raised my arms out, ready to fire the gun.

"Is the safety on?" I asked dumbfounded. He smirked as he shook his head and fiddled with the gun for a brief moment. "Not anymore it's not" He replied with a cocky tone. I sighed.

"What if I miss? that will be a waste of your bullets... what if they get up here? What if--" I blurted out a bunch of questions.

"I ever tell you the time me and Keith went to Hollywood? It was the most awesomest place in the world. We saw..." Ellis interrupted.

"Fine! Ellis, if you don't shut up, I am going to find this Keith, zombie or not, and wring his neck." I declared as I turned my head and stared back at him. He smiled that familiar goofy smile and motioned me to shoot the zombie that was staggering closer and closer to the house.

"Too bad for you, Amber. He was one of the first to get on the whirlybirds." Ellis replied before taking another swig. "You're gonna end up shitfaced" I stated wide eyed in disbelief. He shrugged, "Already am. Shoot that zombie so you can catch up." He said quietly. I gulped again and shut my eyes as I pulled the trigger, the fire of the gun made me fly back into Ellis. I opened my eyes hoping I shot the zombie. Nope. Missed. Zombie is looking around to see where the gun shot came from. Typical.

"Here, take your stance. Pretend this fucker just made your best friend into lunch" Ellis said as he placed his hand on mine. I didn't picture my best friend. I pictured all the times I caught Zac cheating. Sure as shit, I pulled that trigger and with the help of Ellis for aiming, I shot it.

"I did it!" I exclaimed spinning around, causing Ellis to lean back. "Woah woah woah!" He said as he slowly removed the gun from my hand. Yikes.. safety. Embarrassment flushed through me as I blushed.

"Told ya you could do it!" He convinced. I rolled my eyes. He handed me the whiskey bottle. I took a swig, my eye contact never leaving his. I handed him back the bottle of whiskey. He looked down at me and leaned in, me following. Our lips met and sure as shit we were kissing. He placed his arm behind my head, pulling my in closer.

So.. this is happening...
♠ ♠ ♠
:O *le gasp*
Image