Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Dreams

I wrapped my arms around his waist as we made out in the darkness. I could hear the moaning and groaning of a couple undead nearby but for some strange reason it didn't seem to faze me. When you've been in a relationship for years with someone who did not really care all that much for you, you learn to appreciate small things such as this. But did this make me a bad person? was it too soon? Wait.. am I really asking myself this? It could very well be the end of life as we know it. I'm going to do what I please. Well... not exactly.

The thought of 'maybe he's only kissing me because he's drunk' crossed my mind causing me to stop kissing him. I pulled my head back and examined Ellis' face. He stared back at me with a puzzled look on his face, almost as if he was offended by how I pulled back the way I did.

"I'm um.. I just.. I haven't been kissed in a really long time." I explained, breaking the silence. It was true.

"Well miss, I ain't been kissed in ages" Ellis replied as he rested his forehead against mine.

"You're also pretty drunk" I added looking down.

"I ain't kissing you because I'm drunk" Ellis reassured.

Before I had the chance to say anything else, Ellis pulled away from me, standing in front of me as he looked around. There was an unfamiliar growl, grumble type noise echoing nearby. Ellis looked back at me before taking the safety back off of his 9.mm. My anxiety was now triggered as the grunting noise became closer and closer. Out of all the "special infected" that Rochelle listed off to me, she never mentioned one that made a sound like this. Although, she did tell me there was more that she didn't really have the time to explain to me.

"Hold on to me and stay close, we gotta move fast and get back inside. There's a charger coming" Ellis instructed as he gently took hold of my wrist and led me back to the edge of the roof, leaving the now almost empty bottle of whiskey on the roof. He looked around cautiously before jumping down onto the balcony. He reached his arms out at me to catch me. I reluctantly jumped down. He caught me of course.

I cleared my throat as Ellis opened the balcony door quietly. "What's a charger?" I asked is a hushed tone. I followed Ellis towards an empty bedroom. It had a air mattress set up and enough space for four people on it. Ellis ignored my question and looked into the room as he leaned against the door frame.

"We should get some rest" He stated, still ignoring my question. I raised an eyebrow. What was it he was suggesting? "I ain't gonna try nothin" Ellis reassured me.

"I know. You don't seem like the type." I replied.

The whiskey was hitting me hard. I was starting to feel like 'Dude I can totally dance right now!' kind of feeling. You know, when you get yourself drunk and decide you can do things that you should probably never try to attempt ever again in your life. There was this one time I allowed myself to get so stupid drunk that I thought it would be a good idea to pop my Karaoke cherry at a bar. Never ever let a socially awkward drunk person sing karaoke. I was sang Rick James' "Give it to me baby" and fell off the stage, got kicked out of the bar, somehow ended up in my dads backyard and passed out. Safe to say I listened to an hour long lecture from my father as I puked multiple times that morning. Ah.. I missed my dad. I wonder where he is.

Yup... I was defiantly drunk.

"And that's what a charger is miss" Ellis explained as he propped his head up with his arm. I rolled over onto my side so that I was facing Ellis. Even though we were now in the same bed and drunk, we were both still fully clothed and talking about zombies.

"So it's a huge fucking thing with a small arm?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow. Ellis chuckled. "Exactly that. It can also charge at you and smash you against the ground until you die. I saw it happen once, pretty brutal" Ellis said in between chuckles. I smiled instead of saying anything. I was trying my hardest not to fall asleep because I was enjoying my night with Ellis. It was nice having someone to talk to and well... nice having someone around.

"You're gonna pass out" Ellis whispered. I yawned and shook my head. "No I'm not." I disagreed as my eyes began to open and shut. "Sweet dreams darlin'" was the last thing I remember coming out of Ellis' mouth before I fell off into a deep sleep. Oddly enough for the first time in days I didn't have terrible nightmares. However, I slowly fell into a odd dream of my own...

I was in a hotel room somewhere and by the appearance of the bathroom it wasn't a fancy one. It was one of those cheap hotels defiantly. I was sitting on the side of the bathtub in agony. Looking down, my stomach was huge. My boobs were bigger and it was obvious that I was pregnant. Within seconds my water broke and I whimpered in pain as the agonizing cramp like feeling came back, alarming my pelvic area. Then within seconds I was no longer in the hotel room, I was strapped to a hospital bed, except I wasn't in a hospital. Was I in a prison? What the fuck. A man and a woman wearing hospital masks towered over me before they took my child from me and made their way to the exit as I screamed out at them, wanting my child back with me.

I gasped as I jumped up, my heart pounding rapidly. What kind of dream was that? I looked around and noticed two things, Ellis was no longer beside me in the bed and it was starting to get light out as the room was bright. I climbed out of the bed and made my way down the hallway and down the stairs. Ellis was doing pushups with his shirt off in the living room, the others were still sleeping. I examined his body, his sexy body.

Ellis turned his head in my direction and stopped doing pushups, stood up and walked towards me. I blushed and stared down at my feet.

"We have a bad habit of walking in on each other topless" Ellis joked as he reached down on the couch, picking his shirt up but not putting it back on.

"We also have a bad habit of not getting enough sleep" I stated.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead" Ellis replied as the other three came down the stairs.

"Jesus Christ Ellis put your shirt back on and lets get ready for today" Nick demanded as he yawned.

Ellis began to put his shirt on as he made his way past the others and right in front of me and leaned in so his mouth was by my ear.

"Remember what I showed you and what I said." He reminded me, causing shivers to run throughout my body. "Stay close to me Amber" Ellis added before pulling back away and turning to face the group. Rochelle was in the kitchen making what looked like some of the Kraft Dinner for all of us. Hey.. it was food. That's all that matters. I turned my attention from Rochelle to Ellis and Coach who were discussing the plan again with Nick. Ellis was staring back at me. He gave me a nod and a smile.

Oh.. that smile...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! sorry it's a short chapter. I broke up with my boyfriend and had to move back home so I've been busy unpacking my things tonight. But I have sooo many ideas to get this story on the go! SO expect a lot more within the next few days.
Image