Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

The others

I looked into the backseat, checking to make sure that Nick, Coach and Rochelle had their seat belts on as this was going to be a long and bumpy ride. I sighed, still appalled that I was still alive. Rochelle was becoming weak and desperately needed sleep, food and her wounds to be cleaned. I was automatically obligated to do the bandaging as after all, I am the only other girl in the group. I didn't mind however, if anything I was thankful that Rochelle was still alive. I was more than willing to help her get on to the road of recovery. We needed her. I'm still amazed that I'm alive though.

Ellis put the car in drive and sped through the glass windows of the mall. I ducked before he hit the glass. He sped through zombies and made his way to the highway that would take us to "Whispering Oaks". I looked back to see Rochelle resting against Nick. They were both fighting to stay awake, but being overtired beat them as they were both out within minutes. Coach stayed awake and silent, drinking water and staring out the window, shaking his head as we left the overrun city with burning buildings, undead people walking around and no sign of uninfected around. A part of him was probably still amazed that we all made it out of that mall. Ellis focused on the road. The sun was setting so his features were clear as day. He noticed me staring at him cause he cocked a crooked smile before reaching out for my hand. Without any hesitation or awkwardness, I took his hand and placed our intertwined hands on my leg.

"I'll wake you up when we get there" Was the last thing I heard from anyone before I passed out.



Oh lord live inside me
Lead me on my way
Oh lord live inside me
Lead me on my way

Lead me home
Lead me home

Oh lord in the darkness
Lead me on my way
Oh lord in the darkness
Lead me on my way

Lead me home
Lead me home

Hummm
Hummm

Oh lord heaven's waiting
Open up your door
Oh lord heaven's waiting
Open up your door

Lead me home


"Unless I can turn this thing into a monster truck... we're not going anywhere" I heard Ellis' voice outside of the car. I immediately opened my eyes. It was dark out, but still light enough that It could have only been maybe 10pm. I looked in the backseat to see that I was alone. Sighing, I opened the passenger door and got out, joining the group outside. I looked around to see hundreds of abandoned cars blocking the highway. I didn't even have to ask, I already knew what the problem clearly was.

"There's a light over there." Rochelle stated as she pointed out into the distance, causing her to wince from the sudden movement.

"I reckon that's the first light we've saw in about 100 miles" Ellis added.

Within minutes, the trunk of the car was popped and we started to unload our supplies and make our way down the highway maze of abandoned cars, following the suspicious light. We didn't use our guns as we walked. Instead we used knives, machetes and whatever melee weapons we had to reserve bullets and avoid attracting hoards of zombies to us.

Once we got close to the light, we realized it was a hotel with thousands of dead bodies and zombies outside of it. We made our way into the parking lot of the hotel, no walkers came charging at us.

"Stop where you are and put your fucking hands up!" An unfamiliar voice instructed followed by the sound of a gun being cocked. We followed the orders. A group of 4 people stood around us.

"You picked a bad day to try and rob us" The biker looking man said. I rolled my eyes.

"We ain't looking to rob anyone" Ellis finally spoke.

"Francis hold your fire" An old man instructed, causing the other 7 strangers to put their weapons down.

"We're just trying to survive. Like the rest of you" Coach explained. The old man nodded.

"My name is Bill." He introduced himself.

"Coach." Coach too introduced himself. "This here is Nick, Ellis, Rochelle and Amber" Coach introduced us.

"I'm Francis" The biker spoke up.

"Zoey" A girl with brown hair and a fair complexion spoke up after from behind Francis.

"Louis" A black man said shortly.

"There's more of us here" Bill explained. We dropped our hands down.

"CEDA didn't--" Rochelle began to question but stopped by Bill shaking his head "no."

"We've been doing good here. Surviving" Francis explained.

"We're trying to get to Whispering Oaks" Nick said ignoring Francis.

"You ain't going to make it there tonight" Bill replied as he cleared his throat.

"You got anymore room in this place?" Nick asked hopeful. Bill looked at the other three people in his group and nodded.

"That we do. You help us go get more firewood tomorrow morning and you can stay here as long as you need" Bill replied.

"You got yourself a deal" Ellis piped up.

"The others are sleeping already. We meet up here first thing in the morning for head count and we will discuss a plan with you guys tomorrow. Take any room you want upstairs on the far left." Bill said as he sighed.

"What are you guys doing to keep walkers from coming in here at night and killing our asses?" Coach asked suspiciously. Francis sighed.

"We do shifts. We got kids here we have to protect" He replied. My heart sunk. I couldn't imagine the anxiety any poor child would be having going through this.

"This is in the middle of nowhere after all... we've been lucky. Hasn't been much walkers stumble through here much." Louis explained. "However we're thinking of relocating ideas" he added.

"This is something we can all discuss in the morning" Bill interrupted.

"We will see you in the morning. Hey, thanks you guys" Coach responded with a nod.

It's nice to finally see humans...
♠ ♠ ♠
K I lied whoops lol the NEXT chapter will be focused more on Ellis and Amber!
Image