‹ Prequel: Iron Maiden
Sequel: Paradise
Status: in progress

The Bird

Chapter 4

It had been a week and a day now. The sleeping pills put me to sleep, but they did nothing for the dream. I was beginning to think this had nothing to do with my subconscious.

My dad had almost finished Stark Tower, all that was left was setting up the arc reactor and actually getting it to run correctly.

On the other hand, I had received, well more like my dad had received an invitation to a gala in Stuttgart in a couple days.

I had tried calling him, but he chose now to completely ignore his phone. So I decided to take matters into my own hands, as I usually had to in times like these.

I had made arrangements to fly commercially to Germany to attend the gala on behalf of my absent father.

On the flight, I made the mistake of falling asleep. It seemed like my dreams were really happening now.

This time in the dream, my mystery icy blue-eyed man was in pain.

How did I know this?

He was being tortured. This was the first time I'd ever seen all of him. He was tall, lanky, yet there was an air of strength around him. His hair was black and slicked back down his neck. His skin was pale, almost white. He was staring right at me, jaw clenched, his eyes screaming in pain. He was being tortured...at least on the inside.

I jolted in my seat, a fine layer of sweat covering my brow. That was the most real my dream had been, and the first time I'd ever seen the rest of the blue eyed man.

I wondered why I had woken up, only to realize we were landing in Stuttgart.

I taxied my way to my hotel, hopping in the shower before getting ready for the gala.

As I finished my makeup and adjusted my dress, I had little idea how exciting this night was going to get.