Status: Working on Chapter 2~

Beside You

【01.】

“Five! Six! Seven! Eight!”
Step one. Step two. Step three, now turn and repeat.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen!” I heard my instructor chime in as the music faded. “Good work today, see you on Friday for practice again. Only one more month until performance day!”

Everyone went about gathering their belongings and packing their bags. I sat next to mine on the ground, switching from my dance shoes to my sneakers and throwing my sweater over my slim frame.

“See ya on Friday, Ami!” I heard a classmate call out.

“Yeah, for sure.” I replied with a smile and wave.

Dance class was always the best parts of my days. There can be days which are absolutely agonizing, but it’s all worth it if I want to perfect my skills. And hopefully score a great job doing what I love! Whether it be choreographing dance shows or dancing my ass off on TV and music videos. I’ll love it as long as I get to move my body to the music.

I slide out the revolving door of the studio and put in my ear buds to block the sounds of the busy city. I live in New York City and after a while, it gets a little tiresome hearing people screaming at each other, tons of constant construction, and people beeping at each other in the middle of traffic. Which is why I walk everywhere, honestly. Plus everythings pretty close! My flat is just 6 blocks down. It seems like a lot, but I love the exercise.

I wait for the lights to change and ‘Walk’ sign to signal it’s safe to cross the street. I pass along the road and I’m about a block and a half away from my flat when feel a big slam against my body and fall to the ground.

“Whoa! You okay, honey?” I heard a business man call out to me

“Oh my god!” Another woman shouted.

“Oh my god, I am so sorry ma’am! Please let me help you.” A man said, the jerk off I presume who bumped me with his car. He reached out for my arm and attempted to help me off the ground.

“Don’t you watch where you’re fucking going?!” I shouted as I dusted myself off and picked myself up, realizing what just happened.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” He repeated in a nervous tone. Another guy came out of the back of the black SUV he was driving.

“Hey, are you alright?! I’m so sorry. I can’t believe that happened.” he said. I looked at him with his stupid bright red hair hiding underneath a stupid beanie and scoffed.

“I’m fine. You’re lucky my bag blocked the blow, assholes.” I lashed out and walked away. I didnt want to hold up traffic nor did I want to look at their faces again. I can’t believe they were so stupid to hit me. Don’t they know a fucking red light when they see one? Fucking jerks, they could’ve broken a bone or worse, killed me. I don’t even know how my fragile body survived that.

I continue my journey home and throw my sweater and bag on the floor of my entry way as soon as I open the front door. I head to the bathroom to check out the damage in the mirror. A couple scrapes on my outer thigh and some definite bruising on my legs and elbows. I clean myself up, change out of my dance clothes, and head to my balcony. I needed a cigarette after that, for sure.

I arched my body over the railing of my balcony and exhaled the cigarette smoke from my body. ‘Never thought that would happen to me’ I thought as I notice the sun starting to set. Shit! I need to get my ass to the gym before it gets too late.
The gym is about 2 more blocks away from my apartment. I didnt want to be out too late, it can be a little dangerous. Especially for someone like me. Five foot two. One hundred pounds. Someone’s bound to think they can mug me or kidnap me. I try to be as safe as I can.

I arrive at the gym, do my regular stretching and yoga, then some cardio. I always do extra exercising a few times a week to keep myself fit aside from dance classes. Plus burning all those extra calories can’t hurt, can it? I end up finishing after about an hour and a half and head home. Working out also just made me feel good. It helped me relieve the bit of stress I have. Especially from today’s earlier events. I felt better about it all, really.

I started to rummage through my gym bag for my sweater to put on as I’m walking down the street. I forgot to do so before leaving the gym, and then I bump into someone. I’m so dumb.

“Shit!” the guy I bumped into said. I accidentally knocked his cell phone and things out of his hands.

“I’m sorry!” he said to me as he bent down to pick up his phone.

“No, it’s alright! I’m sorry, my bad. I wasn’t paying attention…” I reply. Wait a minute….

“Hey wait, you hit me with your car earlier!” The guy I bumped into’s face turns as red as his hair and his eyes widen.

“Oh my god! I’m still so sorry for that! I’m seriously so so sorry that happened. I really wanted to offer you a ride or something to compensate for all that, but you rushed off. I don’t blame you though, but anyway, yeah I’m so so sorry!” he said anxiously to me. I just smirked at him and nodded.

“It’s totally fine. I’m over it” I laugh. “I’ve got a couple scrapes and bruises, but honestly, I’ll be fine. No worries! I was pretty pissed, but I’m pretty much over it”

“Oh man, I’m so sorry. Look, please let me do something for you. I still feel so bad. Where are you headed? Can I offer you dinner? My name is Michael, by the way.” He said holding out his hand to shake mine.

“I’m Amity. Err.. well, Ami for short. But look, you really don’t have to do that, Michael. It’s okay! I forgive you.” I sigh with a smile on my face. “I’m just headed back home, so it’s fine. Really!”

“No seriously! My treat, please?” he insisted. I bite my lip and think about it a little. I mean I guess it wouldnt hurt, the dude he was with did fuck me up a little. Plus, free food is free food. How do I pass that up?

“Alright, fine...” I said, caving in but giving him a polite smile. “But, I do need to go home and shower. I’m just leaving the gym, actually.”

“Well, let me go drop off a couple things and let my mates know and then we can be on our way. My hotel’s just right over there.” He pointed over to a huge fancy looking building just across the street in the direction he was walking in.

“If you dont mind, at least.” he added. I nodded and let him lead the way. He was staying at a pretty expensive hotel which made me curious about him.
I stayed in the lobby as he took the elevator upstairs. This place was really nice. White marble floors and a fancy looking front desk. I could see a ballroom down the hall. Even the kind doorman looked really well dressed for an employee. I felt a little awkward sitting there in my hoodie with a duffle bag and looking super gross from my work out.

He eventually came back down. This time he had a friend; really tall, blonde hair, lip ring, kind of grungey attire. Michael said something to him and they parted ways.

“Alright, all set!” He greeted me with a smile on his face. I smiled back and we headed outside.

“Do you mind walking some more? Im just a few blocks that way.” I said pointing in the direction of my apartment building.

“Yeah, sure! I dont mind.” he said. I felt bad because he looked a little cold, stuffing his hands in his pockets. All I had was a hoodie over my workout attire and a beanie on my head, but Ive grown a little immune to the cold.

“So I notice you’re Aussie too, huh?” he said to me as we continued our walk to my place.

“Haha, yeah actually! Born and raised. Most people here think I’m British. I didn’t even notice your accent now that you mention it. It was just so natural to me.” I say and we both share a laugh about it.

“Born and raised… so why ya here then?”

“School mostly. I take classes at a dance academy not far from here. I want to pursue dancing as my career.” I say proudly. “What about you, visiting or something?”

“Something like that…” he says nervously. “But maybe we can get into that later.”

I nod. It seemed like her didnt really want to talk about it, which was a little odd, but Im not gonna push the guy.

We shortly got to my building and he waited for me in the stairway so he wasn’t freezing himself outside. I freshened up quickly so I didn’t feel too gross. Then I changed into a long sleeved black and white striped shirt and threw a black hoodie over it. I put some black ripped up skinny jeans on and my black buckled up boots. I topped myself off with a simple grey beanie and I was ready. I felt bad for making him wait for me, maybe I should’ve invited him into my apartment? Or would that be weird since I just met him today? I think I’m over thinking it.

“Sorry about the wait!” I shout down the stairs as Im locking the door.

“It alright! You’re fine!” I hear in the distance. I rushed down the stairs and saw him leaned against the wall just on his phone, patiently waiting for me.

“So, where to?” I say as I jump off the last stair of the staircase. He looks at me and smiles while biting his lower lip.

“Well?” I say getting a little embarassed that he was staring at me quietly.

“C’mon.” He motions to the door and holds it open for me. Theres a taxi outside waiting for us and he opens the back door for me. I get in without any more questions. This should be a fun surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Man, I haven't used Mibba in a looooooooooong time. I'm currently working on this~! I don't think I'll be working on anything old for a while... I fucking LOVE 5SOS right now, they're my life lol.