Status: This is a short story so it's not broken up into chapters. It's more read like a journal. First person.

The Disney Reality

Disney World of Evil

At around 9:00 am the next morning, we all woke up and prepared for the day I’d been waiting for. After applying sunscreen on the kids, my parents made sure we were well packed for the best day of my life. They had a little quarrel before walking out of the room. Something about money and dinner, I think. I’d usually try to calm them down, but I was so revved up I completely blocked any negativity out. As we walked to the elevator, I felt as though we were being watched. Something not too far behind us. When I turned around, all I saw was the long hallway filled with mostly vacant rooms. I turned back around and got on the elevator, believing it was nothing. Once the elevator got to the lobby, we got off and walked out of the hotel, ready to embark on joyous time at the magical world of Disney. We boarded a bus shuttle that took us to the amusement park and my heart was filled with adrenaline. My mom had to tell me to calm down at least 1,000 times. Jamie, of course, pretended to not be ecstatic, but his blue eyes illuminated with joy, I could see it. Lisa was not afraid like him. She wore that glorious smile like a championship belt. She was just as giddy as I was. Once the bus got to the park, I saw my dreams come alive as the rides were going up and down, people crowding around their favorite Disney character, the birds singing in the distance...it was like Fantasia in real life! I tugged at my parents arms to find a ride to ride before the lines got too busy. They decided it’d be best to split the family up into two: my father, Lisa and I would ride the rides while mom and Jamie went elsewhere to sightsee and relax. Jamie was never the type that liked roller coasters. He had one bad experience where the seatbelt on one ride at King’s Dominion unfastened as they went down a huge dip. Luckily my dad was there and placed his broad muscular arm over his then 8 year old torso. Once the ride stopped, he was so shooken up that we all had to retreat back to the hotel. Ever since then, he loathed any amusement park from KIng’s Dominion to Six Flags to the magical Disney World. He only likes to explore the terrains without overstepping his personal boundaries. While he and mother walked around, the rest of us were amped to indulge in the rides. We rode Space Mountain, a Peter Pan ride, a Dumbo ride and many other rides. AFter a couple of hours, we met up with mom and Jamie to go on the only ride Jamie was comfortable with. It was that one ride that you go into a cave and then there’s characters awaiting you. I forgot the name of it, which is ironic considering the fact I’ve ridden it numerous of times as a young child.
As we boarded the ride, I sat in between mom and dad while Lisa and Jamie sat in front of us in the circular cart. As we began moving, I looked around at the last moments of light before transcending into darkness. A couple of the other kids that were on the ride with us either laughed out of excitement or cried in apprehension. I was sort of in the middle. For some reason, this was the only ride I was reluctant about riding. To me, being in the dark was not my favorite then having random creatures pop up and sing at me was a little hard for me to handle. As we moved along, the theme was Mickey Mouse so there was Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Minnie, Daisy and even the three ducklings Huey, Dewey and Louie. They were, to me, humongous since I was only about 4 foot 2. They were probably a normal size for an animatronic, around 7 feet probably and bulky. It was obvious they were constantly used because the faint creaking as they moved was echoing throughout the tunnel. Mickey was chuckling as Goofy and Pluto played fetch. On the opposite side was Donald, Daisy and the three ducklings. Donald was of course being trampled over and his metallic face turned an illuminating red as Daisy giggled. Minnie was with Mickey as they both sang some sort of nursery rhyme. As we slowly moved along, I heard a faint yet noticeable whisper in my right ear. I looked over to see Mickey not moving. He was just standing still, like a mannequin. I thought it was a malfunction, but I looked at other kids still laughing, no one else seemed to notice this. As I looked back, not only was Mickey still, so were the others. Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, they all just stared at me. Their eyes even changed from the lively colors to complete black. They looked like illuminating coals just glaring, staring menacingly.. I blinked fast, thinking my vision was being manipulated by the dark. As I looked to my left, Donald and the others were standing up and staring at me as well with black eyes. Suddenly Huey, Dewey and Louie walked towards Donald in a slow manner. They walked like normal human children, not robotic, which startled me. I could also slightly hear a very creepy chuckle, slow and deep yet resonant. Donald then picked each up, raised them above his head, wrapped his large metallic arms around their necks and ripped off their heads as Daisy giggled disturbingly. I quickly looked to my right and saw Goofy and Pluto decapitated and Minnie with crimson liquid oozing out of her empty eye sockets onto her blouse, staining much like liquid on cloth.. Mickey stared at me with what seemed to be just black ovals with no eyeballs, smiling his signature simile as a guttural voice asked, “Why has He abandoned us?” The animatronics all began cackling in sinister tones as Mickey’s eyes began to glow red.
I screamed an ear-piercing scream as I closed my eyes. My parents quickly asked what was wrong. When I opened them, I saw that everything was normal. Mickey and the gang were smiling, doing normal things. I tried to tell my parents, who then dismissed me by saying I was tired and had delusions due to the dark. Jamie seemed to be as concerned as Lisa as I began to cry, sob. Once we go off of the ride, I was too afraid and traumatized that all I wanted to do was go back to the hotel. Back to safety. Back to the only place I knew was not evil. My parents were shocked by my reluctance since I was the one who yearned to be here the most out of everyone. But I had enough of Disney for that day. I did not want to even give Disney a chance to scare me like that again. So, we all stopped somewhere to get lunch, which I did not even touch, and took the bus back to the hotel.
When we arrived, the lobby was unusually vacant and quiet. Not even the clerk was behind the desk to greet us. My parents dismissed this as everyone being at the amusement park. I could see Lisa’s face express skepticism and even fear as she gulped audibly. Jamie, though he’s usually hard to read due to his reluctance of expressing his emotions, was showing nervousness through wide eyes as he acted like a puppy, staying right behind mom and dad. As we boarded the elevator, just before the doors closed, I looked into the empty lobby and in a dark room behind the desk I saw something large sway from side to side. The doors of the elevators suddenly stopped about 5 inches from closing, leaving a crack in front of me. My mom grunted as she pushed the number six once more to no avail. I kept looking on through the slim crack and saw whatever it was in the room continue swaying. I then heard a quiet whisper which sounded like a light chuckle of some sort. Suddenly, I saw two large circles in the room, about a few inches from each other near the ceiling of the small room. Then, I heard the chuckle more distinctly as two white things rose up to the two circles. As my mom pressed the six button again, I heard the chuckling, this time sounding as though it was right in front of me. I pushed my head forward and got as close to the crack as possible. I peeked out with one eye and looked across to the mysterious room. I no longer saw whatever was in there. Once my mom pressed the six for a third time, suddenly I saw a shadow directly in front of me and heard something chuckled...like Mickey Mouse. I jumped back as the doors finally closed and we went up to the sixth floor. My parents, now growing worried for me, asked me what happened. Knowing they wouldn’t believe me, I said nothing and just saw water fill my eyes as I wiped them.