Sequel: March 27, 2016
Status: Completed

Letters to Nikolai

February 24, 2015

Saturday February 21, 2015 @ 6:25 PM
Me: Happy birthday.

Sunday February 22, 2015 @ 12:13 PM
You: Thank you
You: :D

Me: Sure thing. Hope you had a nice one.

Sunday February 22, 2015 @ 4:04 PM
You: :)

Tuesday February 24, 2015 @ 1:35 PM
Me: If I'm being honest here, I have to tell you that I used your birthday as an excuse to hear from you again. I almost used my own birthday as an excuse too, but I chickened out in the end and almost chickened out on Saturday as well. I knew you weren't rude enough to not respond to me, so I went with it after all. I kept it cold and impersonal. I thought that granting myself the pleasure of even sending you a message was enough for me and I shouldn't push my luck by sending something like I'm sending now. It's been pretty long since we last talked and in that time I realized that I don't need you. It's possible to be happy and have fun. It's true that it's a little bit harder to be happy without you, but it's very possible. I still don't like that I lost your friendship too. That was probably my favorite part. Having someone available to talk to you about the most random things or about what's happened to them during the day is nice. I'd like to be friends again. I don't care what your answer to that will be. All I care about is that I was brave enough to go through with this and I put myself out there. This is the last time I'll ever contact you unless you contact me first. It sounds like an ultimatum, but it's definitely not. It's just a way for me to finally close the door on all this and move to a better place.