Life on Tour

Chapter 12

“Dude, I’m sorry about the way I shouted at you. Of course you were defending my sister. You two are good friends too.” Alex said, still a bit drunk.

“It’s fine. I’m sorry too. You okay, dude?” I asked. He looked a bit down.

“Yeah, it’s just that Libby actually considered leaving today and it was all my fault. Plus, I don’t think she realises I actually do like Debbie.” He said.

“I don’t think that’s it. I just think that she likes her so much she doesn’t want you to screw anything up with her. I think she may be scared she’s losing you too.” I told him. He smiled and nodded at me. We were currently on the bus, trying to find Debbie, hoping she hasn’t left. We were on the stairs rushing to the bunks, hoping she was still there. I turned to Rian who was still sober. “Hey man, have you seen Debbie?” I asked him.

“I think she left. Why?” He asked.

“Where have you been all night?” I asked. He smiled a bit.

“Skyping Cass.” He answered. I sighed. “Dude, what’s happened? Why are you trying to find Debbie?”

“Long story short, Alex messed up a few things and now he wants to ask her out on a proper date.” I answered.

“I want the long version later, but anyway, I’m pretty sure she left. I haven’t seen her all night.” He told me. He looked behind me and his eyes widened. “Uh oh.” I turned around to see what he was looking at. The actual she-devil sauntered up the stairs. Hannah herself was here.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I asked her angrily. She hurt my girlfriend. I won’t let her get away with it.

“I was invited.” She said sweetly. I couldn’t get the look of disgust off my face.

“By who?” I asked. Libby walked gingerly behind her. My eyes widened. “No way. There’s absolutely no way.” I stated.

“It’s fine, Jack.” Libby seemed to insist. I don’t know what Hannah’s done to her, but there’s no way Libby would ever want to be in the same country as her, let alone the same party. I’m sure the look of pure hatred I had for Hannah was radiating off my face, but I couldn’t help it. She manipulated her, I’m sure of it.

“Libby, whatever she did or said to you, don’t worry about it. She’s not going to get away with it.” I said. Alex came stumbling over.

“Hannah, what are you doing here?” He mumbled.

“Oh, Lexi-Poo. We should never have broken this off. I feel terrible. Can we start again?” She asked in that horrible voice of hers.

“I don’t know, Hannah.” Alex said, scratching the back of his head. I could tell this wasn’t going to end the way we wanted it to.

“You wanna go back to the room?” I whispered in Libby's ear. She nodded her head as a tear rolled down her cheek. I escorted her back to the room and lay her down on the bed. She was completely in tears. I helped her take her shoes off and started stroking her hair. “Oh god, sweetie. What did she do to you?” I asked. She sniffled before trying to talk.

“S-she... she said that if I didn’t help get them back together then she’d...” She started before crying again. I lay down on the bed and hugged her. “She threatened to tell Alex about us. She has proof and everything.” She finished. I ended up feeling as awful as her. But I couldn’t let it show. I had to remain calm and strong. For her.

“What proof?” I asked.

“Pictures of us kissing in the alleyway that day Rian was angry at us.” She answered. I felt me entire body boiling with rage.

“I’m gonna kill her!” I shouted. She was just still sobbing. So I calmed down and spooned her. I kissed her cheek and stroked her arm.

“I love you, Jack.” She said, almost desperately.

“I know you do, sweetie. I love you too.” I said.

“How are we gonna get rid of Hannah?” She asked. I sighed.

“I don’t know. We’ll make up plans tomorrow. What you need right now is some rest. You’ve had a horrible evening. You still look gorgeous though.” I said, making her stifle a giggle. She turned around, wiped her eyes and clung to me like a sloth, making me laugh. I hugged her back just as much. It’s a new, wonderful kind of relationship. One that I’m sure is going to last us a lifetime.

A few days later on the tour, Alex and Hannah were back and annoying as hell. They decided to share a bunk so the grand high bitch would always be on our tail for the rest of the tour. I could tell Libby was getting more and more on edge. So I did what any good boyfriend would do and try to talk her out of doing something crazy that would get her kicked off the bus. Okay, maybe it wasn’t what every good boyfriend would do, but it’s what I would do. And luckily it worked. For the most part. We still needed to come up with a plan, though. It was tricky. She was blackmailing us, and she knew she was doing it for no reason other than spite. Whenever we could, we got away from her. The only problem was that this means we had to spend less time with Alex, so he knew something was up.

“Guys, what’s going on?” Alex asked when Hannah left for the bathroom. We were backstage for another show, and we were all so angry. The other boys knew what was going on too, and they were pissed off.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I mean you guys have been real distant lately. Is this because of Hannah?” Alex asked.

“No!” We collectively exclaimed at the same time.

“Then what is it?” He asked, getting even more suspicious. I exhaled angrily.

“It’s nothing.” I answered.

“Well it’s gotta be...” Alex said before Hannah interrupted him, entering the room.

“What does something have to be?” She asked in that annoying voice of hers. Libby even squeezed her water bottle too tight and it snapped. I didn’t even know that was possible, but it happened.

“Nothing has to be anything.” Libby said bitterly. Alex shook his head.

“Whatever. I’m getting something from the bus.” He said. Hannah looked at us all with an evil smirk on her face.

“Tut-tut, you guys. You should know better than to act horrible around me.” She said in her stupid sweet voice.

“Sorry. One never really knows how to act when Satan’s around.” Rian said, making us all snigger. Hannah frowned.

“One more peep out of you guys, and I’ll end this band. You know I will. I have the leverage.” She said. We were put in an even grumpier mood than before. Especially me.

“That’s it. I’m not playing tonight, guys. I’m not in the mood.” I said, getting off of my chair.

“What?” Zack and Rian asked at the same time.

“You can’t just not play. Don’t let that skank ruin this band for you.” Libby said. I shook my head.

“Looks like she already did.” I said, turning to face her angrily. She just smiled at me, and I mocked her smile right back at her. I then stormed to the bus. Alex was there looking stressed out, but when he saw me get into my bunk, that was the tip of the iceberg.

“What the hell has gotten into everybody? One minute you’re all fine, the next minute, I’m going out with Hannah, and nobody’s happy. But apparently it’s not Hannah’s fault. Why can’t people just tell me the truth?” He snapped.

“Because, we just can’t. If we could, believe me, you would be the first person we told.” I shouted before going to the mini fridge to pour myself a scotch.

“Alcohol? Really? Right before a show, what the hell’s wrong with you?” He asked.

“There’s not gonna be a show today. Not with me in it anyway.” I answered.

“What the hell is the matter? Why won’t anybody tell me anything?” He asked, not even to me. He just screamed those questions into thin air.

“Alex, don’t get started with this right now. Believe me, you don’t wanna know.” I told him.

“Yes, I do wanna know. Because for crying out loud I’m part of this band too. I hate feeling ganged up on.” He said.

“Oh come on. That is so unfair. We’re not ganging up on you. We’re protecting you if anything.” I said. I took a sip of the drink and winced. It’s been a while since I had any alcohol so the effects of it are gonna catch up quicker than usual tonight.

“Oh, well thanks for thinking of my feelings while you guys talk about me behind my back making you guys get angrier and angrier every second. I really appreciate it.” He said sarcastically, making me roll my eyes.

“Listen Alex, this is way too fucked up for you to get involved, okay? Besides, even if we did tell you, you’d probably overreact and get angry at us.” I said.

I looked at the person who’s been my best friend for as long as I can remember. Hannah’s really changed him. He used to know when I wasn’t feeling great. Not just angry, but when I was feeling so jaded and disgruntled. He used to know exactly what to say and what to do and how to make it all okay. We used to have jokes and laughter all the time, but I got the feeling that after this fight it was all about to change, all because I can’t keep it in anymore.

“What the hell? You’re acting like whatever this thing is that you can’t tell me, I’d hate you for. I could never hate you. So what the fuck is going on?” He asked. I sighed and put down my drink.

“I’m in love with Libby, dude. I’m so in love with her. Hannah’s been blackmailing us because we didn’t want you to find out that we started dating a week ago.” I said. I heard a gasp from the door of the bus. It was Libby. She clearly didn’t think this was the right way to go. Alex stormed up to her.

“Is this true?” He asked angrily. Libby had tears in her eyes that were threatening to fall. She was stuttering but couldn’t make out an answer. Alex punched the wall of the bus. “Damn it, Libby. Is this true?” He shouted in even more rage. Libby just nodded her head. Alex then stormed up to me and grabbed me by the collar. “You’re fucking scum!” He yelled. “What the hell is wrong with you? You’re in love with my fucking sister? She’s 9 years younger than you, Jack. She’s 9 years younger than you and she’s my fucking sister! What the hell is the matter with you?” He spat. I got really scared. His tone let me know that he truly despised me right now. He pushed me back and ran into the venue. Libby came to me and cried.

“Why did you tell him?” She asked. I shook my head.

“Because you hate Hannah. We all do. But I couldn’t let her get away with it. I’m sorry.” I said. She shook her head.

“I’m sorry.” She said, hugging me. “I didn’t think he’d get that angry. I’m so sorry.” She said before hugging me.

“Shit!” I exclaimed.

“What’s the matter? Did he hurt you?” She asked. I shook my head.

“Hannah’s in there. What if he says something stupid?” I asked.

We rushed in just in time to see Alex throwing Hannah’s phone against the wall, smashing it into pieces. Hannah was clearly angry and she left; Rian and Zack were kind of happy, although they didn’t know what was going on, but seeing our faces, they decided that maybe it wasn’t all in good fun. Then Alex turned back to us and punched me right in the eye.

“You’re scum!” He screamed.

“Stop it!” Libby screeched, trying to pull him back.

“Don’t even start, Libby. You went behind my back just as much as this bastard did.” Alex shouted. Matt came running into the room.

“What’s going on?” He asked, mainly at Alex.

“Turns out these two have been going out behind my back. It’s not even just that they were going out behind my back, it’s the fact that they’re simply going out.” Alex answered irritably.

“The show’s in 10 minutes and Jack has a black eye.” Matt said simply, getting an icepack for him. I held it to my eye and tried to look up at Alex.

“I’m sorry, dude. I didn’t want you to get upset with me, but I’m so in love with her.” I said, my voice going hoarse.

“Well now I have one less best friend.” He said before leaving the room. Libby hugged me, and I clung to her for dear life. Rian went to find Alex and Zack went to call someone. I’m not sure who, but probably someone who would be able to help with this situation. Right now I didn’t care. I just wanted Libby by my side, and I wanted my best friend back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. Long time no see, huh? D: I hope you enjoy this chapter anyway, and yes, Alex FINALLY knows! He's not too pleased, but maybe he will be soon. Who knows? (I do.) Anyway, comment, rate, subscribe, do a dance, eat your favourite food, take good care of yourself. I'll update this as soon as I can. Until next time! :D