Life on Tour

Chapter 11

“Jack, I feel weird.” I said to him soon after the party started. He creased his eyebrows.

“Why?” He asked, pouring himself a glass of strawberry squash.

“Everyone who’s coming in is complimenting me. It should feel nice but it just doesn’t. It doesn’t feel right at all.” I said.

“What do you mean?” He asked. As if on cue, Vinny came up to us.

“Hey guys. Libby, you look great!” Vinny said.

“Thanks.” I said awkwardly.

“Listen, I’m gonna mingle and stuff, but be careful. We don’t want any guys to start being too friendly with you.” He said before he walked off.

“See what I mean?” I asked Jack. He nodded his head sympathetically.

“I know it may seem a bit uncomfortable, but if you want, you can just stay by my side all evening. Then, when you start getting tired, I’ll take you to your room and we can settle down for the night.” He whispered. I smiled up at him and nodded my head. Once most of their friends arrived I wasn’t really the main conversation piece so people stopped complimenting me which I was glad about.

“Hi you two. Sorry I’m late.” Debbie said, making me turn around to face her.

“Oh, hi Debbie.” I greeted, giving her a hug. She looked stunning. Her hair was in loose waves and her makeup was perfect. I don’t know how Alex doesn’t see anything in her.

“How’s it going?” Jack asked.

“It’s okay. I had a long shift at the hospital. Is Alex around anywhere? I got all you guys a gift for the party, but I figured I’d better give it to Alex.” She explained.

“Sure. He’s upstairs.” Jack answered. Alex and a few of the boys were upstairs playing beer pong. Debbie thanked us then made her way upstairs.

“So, apart from getting drunk, what do you do at parties?” I asked Jack.

“Well, getting drunk is a major part of it. I usually used to hook up with random women and do stupid things. But that was all before you.” He answered. I smiled up at him.

“What do we do now?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I guess parties are pretty boring when you’re sober.” He said. I giggled.

“Shall we just sit down and talk?” I suggested. He smiled at me and nodded his head.

“Sounds like a plan.” He said. We walked to the back of the bus and sat down. It was a tight squeeze but Jack and I managed to sit next to each other. “What do you wanna talk about?” He asked, biting his lips. God. It took me all my energy to not kiss him there and then. I don’t know why, but him biting his lips was incredibly sexy.

“I don’t know. Anything. You know how you said you used to hook up with random women?” I asked.

“Yeah? I don’t really see what that has to do with anything...” He began.

“Don’t worry, I’m not telling you off. I just want you to know that I haven’t... I mean, I’ve never... you know... done it with anyone before and I was just...” I began.

“Hey, it’s all good. I couldn’t care one way or another.” He said.

“No, I know you don’t. I was just wondering if you’ve ever dealt with that before.” I told him.

“Oh. Yeah. Once. But I was pretty new at the whole thing too.” He said.

“Was it okay?” I asked. He giggled and nodded his head.

“Yeah. It was fine. I mean, it was no you.” He said. I giggled.

“You don’t even know what I’m like yet.” I said.

“No, but everything else up to now has been so perfect. It can only get better, right?” He asked. I smiled and nodded my head.

“Here’s hoping.” I said. All of a sudden we heard cheers from upstairs. “What’s that?” I asked.

“Who knows? Drunk people can be idiots.” He answered me.

“True that. Wanna check it out?” I asked.

“Oh absolutely.” He said. We made our way up the stairs of the tour bus and saw a big crowd. Once we pushed our way through it I saw Alex practically attacking Debbie’s lips. “Well, that was not the gift I was expecting.” Jack said. I had tears in my eyes. What the hell was Alex’s problem? First he goes out with a girl that I absolutely despise, and then he decides to go on a rebound with one that I actually like. I’m sick of him. I stormed out of the bus with Jack following my tail.

“This is so unfair.” I mumbled.

“What is? I thought you wanted them to be together.” Jack said in confusion.

“Not like this.” I said. We made our way to the hotel room and I flopped down on the bed. Jack took off my shoes and lay down next to me.

“What’s wrong baby?” He asked.

“He only cares about girls and not me.” I said.

“That’s not true.” He assured me.

“Yes it is. Otherwise he would have at least offered to take care of me during this party. Not that I want to be looked after. I made a few stupid mistakes but I’ve learned from them.” I complained. I couldn’t help but notice that Jack has been smiling ever since I collapsed on the bed. “Why are you smiling?” I asked.

“You’re cute when you’re angry.” He said simply. As angry as I was, I couldn’t get angry at him. Not yet anyway.

“Wanna make out?” I asked.

“God yes!” He exclaimed before roughly placing his lips on mine. It was unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. Electricity zapped all the way through me. We heard someone slam the door. We quickly pulled apart and turned to face who was there in fear it was Alex. We breathed out a sigh of relief when we saw Zack.

“Thank god!” I sighed.

“Dude, what’s with the door slamming?” Jack asked.

“Alex is right outside. Didn’t want him to see.” He whispered in a drunken slur.

“Oh. Thanks Zack.” I said. I got up and opened the door to see Alex with tears in his eyes.

“Libby, I’m sorry.” He said. I groaned.

“About what?” I asked angrily.

“You stormed out and I thought it was because of me.” He said in confusion. God. Drunk strangers can be scary. Drunk people that you know can be annoying.

“Well it was. Do you even know what you’re apologising for?” I asked. He nodded his head.

“You obviously don’t want me to be with Debbie, so I said to her that we can’t be together until you’re ready.” He garbled. I rolled my eyes.

“No, jackass. It’s the fact that you’re using her as some kind of rebound to get over Hannah. What’s the matter with you?” I asked.

“But I’m not. I’ve been in love with her since Hannah and I broke up.” He told me.

“Well then, tell her to get back together with you or whatever. Look, I’m not in the mood to listen to this drunken bullshit. Just piss off okay?” I asked angrily. Alex looked really hurt. I kinda wanted to take my words back the second I said them but it was too late. The damage was already done. “Sorry. That was too far.” I said.

“Whatever, Libby. You’re so spoilt you can’t even see what’s right from wrong. You think relationships are easy but they’re not. They’re tough as shit.” He shouted.

“Alex, calm down man.” Zack said.

“No! She needs to hear this. Listen, I don’t care that you’ve never found someone to love you. No one does. If you’re so desperate, get off your lazy ass, stop being so picky, and go and find someone yourself because guess what? Love doesn’t find you. You have to find it. I found that with Hannah, I found it with Debbie, but you haven’t bothered to find it yourself.” He spat. It was my turn to have tears in my eyes. I get what I said was mean but not as cruel as that. Obviously, me being me, I stomped on his foot and barged passed him to leave the room. I went back on the bus and tried to find something, anything to take my mind off of what just happened. I saw plenty of alcohol, but after how bad I felt last time I didn’t want to risk taking it again. Although maybe I needed to feel bad. After all, I haven’t exactly been the best sister lately. I then decided that maybe the bus wouldn’t take my mind off of anything at all. So I left. I left the bus, I left the hotel, I left everyone. I just went for a walk. It was no big deal. I needed some air to clear my head.

It was much like the month before the tour started. I walked around aimlessly just to get away from everything that was going on. Only this time I didn’t know where I was, and there was nobody around to get me. I gulped in fear every time I heard a noise. I would’ve called them if I had any signal. So I decided to walk around a bit more to get some. Lo and behold when I walked about a mile I finally got one bar, and there were loads of missed calls and texts. I didn’t get a chance to read any because Jack was still trying to call me. Once I saw his name flash on the screen I smiled and instantly picked up the phone.

“Libby? Are you okay?” He asked. I shook my head even though I know he couldn’t see me.

“No. Not really.” I whimpered.

“Where are you? I’ll come pick you up.” He said.

“The thing is, I don’t know where I am. I tried to go for a walk to clear my head instead of drinking and I got lost.” I said. My voice was still cracking but I felt like I had to stay strong for Jack.

“Okay, can you describe what’s around you?” He asked. I looked around.

“Um, there’s this big tree with loads of blossoms on it, and there’s a pond I think? I don’t know.” I said. It was really dark and everything was hard to see.

“It’s okay. I know where you are. I’ll be there in ten.” He announced before hanging up. Around ten minutes later, a cab pulled up near the road, and a very tense looking Jack came running up to me to give me a hug.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered, but he must’ve heard it because he rubbed my back even more.

“Don’t worry. I’m here.” He said. “Listen, there’s something you need to know.” Jack said.

“What? Am I in trouble?” I asked. He shook his head and led me back to the cab. Once we started moving he spoke up again.

“Basically, as soon as you left I started shouting at Alex. I told him that he couldn’t treat you that way and that he needed to grow up. He said that I should stop taking your side and start acting like a proper friend, and then I said that I was being a proper friend and he was being a douche bag. Anyway, this fight went on for a while and then he stormed off in a big huff, so basically, I don’t really know what’s going on with him, but he doesn’t like me much either right now.” He said. I sighed and looked down at my hands.

“You shouldn’t have done that.” I said.

“Don’t be stupid. I had to defend your honour.” He said, sounding like a knight in shining armour.

“But I don’t need to be defended, Jack. I need you to be supportive, sure, but I don’t want you to get into fights with your best friend over me. This is horrible.” I said. He sighed and stroked my back.

“I know, but this fight won’t last forever. We’re going to be okay. Besides, I could tell Alex felt a bit bad about what he said anyway, so you don’t need to worry. Everything will be fine.” He said, kissing my forehead. When we got back to the hotel I got out of the car while Jack paid the man. We then went to our room and went to sit on the bed, but Alex was there. I looked at him angrily and sat on the chair.

“Listen, I wanted to apologise. I shouldn’t have said those stupid things, and you know it’s only cause I’m drunk, right?” He said.

“But you said it. That must mean some part of you feels it.” I said. He just shook his head.

“No. It doesn’t. I was angry. Besides, I’m sobering up a bit now.” He said.

“Well done you. Do you want a fucking medal or something?” I asked angrily.

“Please, just forgive me okay? I’m so sorry for what I said.” He apologised.

“How do I know you’re really sorry? Cause to me it seems that’s all you’ve been saying to me lately, but you always fuck something up again.” I said.

“Yes, I know.” He said. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply before saying what I was thinking.

“Maybe I should go back home.” I said quietly, but loud enough for them to hear.

“What?” Alex asked sadly. Jack just looked really taken aback.

“Well, it’s just that ever since I’ve been on here we’ve been getting into so many fights. Alex, I don’t wanna fight with you anymore. I just don’t.” I said.

“You can’t go. I promise, no more fights. If we fight one more time then I’ll let you go. Please just don’t leave.” He said. I sighed.

“One more chance, okay? Now leave. I’m tired and I wanna go to bed.” I said. Alex got up and started to leave. Then he turned around again.

“Come on, Jack.” Alex said. Jack gave me a look that let me know he’ll be back later. He then left leaving me to get changed into my pyjamas. Around an hour later I heard my door open. I turned around to see who it was, expecting to see Jack. Little did I know I was in for a big shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. Sorry for the really REAALLLLLLYYYY long update. I've been having a weird writer's block thing and it's super annoying. Like, I could only get in the mood to write certain types of stories and none of them fit into the All Time Low genre if that makes sense? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this. Please comment and rate and whatever. It would mean a lot. Also check out my other two stories. Thanks a lot guys. Until next time! :)