Life on Tour

Chapter 6

As annoyed as I was that Libby and I were interrupted, I was also relieved. It didn’t feel right to do it like that. When we decide to kiss, it’ll be her first, and I want it to be better than she expected. Besides, we’re not even sure on any boundaries yet. God. I have no idea what we are right now. That night we all just stayed in my room, drifting off one by one. Libby was the first to go, then Rian, then Zack, then me. When I woke up only Rian and I were in the room. Zack and Libbymust’ve woken up early. I nudged Rian awake with my foot and he looked at me.

“Hey man.” He greeted.

“Hey. So I’ve been thinking, hypothetically if Libby ever were to love me back, would that be such a bad thing?” I asked him. He rubbed his eyes.

“Ugh. I just woke up.” He said tiredly.

“Yeah, but it’s important to me.” I said. After he woke himself up a bit he sat up.

“Well, it’d be dangerous territory. I mean, you’d love each other which would be great, but first of all I’m not sure Alex would be too pleased. Secondly if it didn’t work out at all, I don’t think you understand how awful and awkward it’d be for everyone involved.” He answered.

“Wouldn’t it be worth it though? I mean we could be together. We could actually be together. I don’t know about you but I don’t see how any of that’s a bad thing.” I said.

“Dude, why are you getting so worked up over this? You’re supposed to be getting over her.” He said. I sighed and nodded my head.

“Yeah, okay. I’m gonna get ready and head down for breakfast. You coming?” I asked. Rian nodded his head.

“Meet you downstairs.” He confirmed. I showered up and got changed. I put my phone in my pocket and walked outside. As soon as I did Alex came storming up to me. Of course Hannah was at his hip.

“Barakat, I’m gonna kill you!” He said angrily.

“W-what?” I asked getting scared. Rian came out of his room looking frightened.

“Libby told me something that I thought was very interesting.” He said.

“Jack?” Rian asked.

“What did she say?” I asked, pretending I didn’t do anything wrong.

“That she told you yesterday it was her who switched all the heads on your action figures. You made me work an entire weekend switching them back for you.” He said with a smile on his face. As scared as I was, I’ve never been more relieved in my life.

“Oh.” I breathed out.

“Dude, what’s wrong?” He asked patting my shoulder.

“Nothing. Good one.” I said pretending to laugh along too. Hannah was laughing too while kissing his neck.

“Isn’t he hilarious?” Hannah said, sucking up to him. I nodded my head nervously.

“Yeah. He’s great. I’m gonna go get something to eat.” I said before walking away quickly. Rian ran to catch up with me.

“Dude, what was that?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I was scared he was actually angry with me.” I said.

“Why would he be?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t know. Maybe he found out about my crush. You worked it out.” I pretended. He sighed. As we walked into the restaurant I noticed Libby sitting with Zack at a table with loads of dirty plates. Libby noticed me and gestured for us to come over.

“Hey guys. You got up early.” Rian noted.

“Yeah well, Zack was already awake and I woke up to the disturbing noise of Alex and Hannah loving each other too much, so I showered in his bathroom and we went to the shops.” She said.

“Gross. Were they really that loud?” I asked. Zack nodded his head.

“You guys still being asleep is pretty impressive.” He said.

“You’ve probably got too much muscles in your ears which gave you a super power to hear very well.” Libby joked making all of us laugh

“Are you done here?” The waiter asked once he came over.

“Actually, us two didn’t have anything.” Rian said.

“Okay then, I’ll get you a menu.” He said before leaving again.

“Just so you guys know, best crepes ever.” Libby said.

“Let me guess, chocolate sauce with it?” I asked her.

“You know me too well, skunky.” She said, ruffling my hair which made us laugh. After we ate breakfast we all went back to my room.

“So what did you guys get?” Rian asked.

“I got a few necklaces but that’s about it. Zack was ogling the dirty stuff.” Libby said.

“What? No I wasn’t.” Zack said looking extremely confused.

“Yeah I know. I was just checking.” She said making us all laugh. That’s when Hannah stormed in.

“You little bitch!” She screeched at Libby. We were all confused and ready to protect Libby at any cost.

“Whoa! What the hell did she do?” Rian asked.

“She’s told lies to Alex. She said that I called her a rainbow whore. I would never do that.” She said angrily. Libby looked more confused than the rest of us.

“I only told him that over a month ago when you actually called me a rainbow whore. Why is he only bringing it up now?” She asked rhetorically.

“I never called you that. I want to get along with you, Libby. I want to get along with you for Alex.” She said in a pathetic attempt to look like she was really trying.

“If you want to get on with her, why did you just call her a bitch?” I asked.

“It was out of anger.” She defended herself.

“Oh for fuck sake!” Libby exclaimed before leaving the room.

“Where are you going?” Hannah asked angrily.

“Away from you. The sooner Alex realises being with you is a massive mistake, the better.” She answered. Hannah then closed the door once she left the room.

“What a two faced piece of shit.” I stated.

“You’ve got that right. What the hell does Alex think he’s doing with her?” Zack asked.

“Do you think we should talk to him about it or would that just cause a massive argument?” Rian asked. I shrugged.

“I haven’t got a clue, but she has got to go.” I said.

“We could talk to Matt?” Zack suggested.

“And tell him what? We don’t like our best friend’s girlfriend because she’s being mean to us?” I asked.

“She’s being a bit more than that.” Rian said.

“I’m surprised you haven’t defended Libby more.” Zack said. Rian and I looked at him.

“Why would you say that?” I asked.

“No reason. It’s just that since we’ve got back from our last tour you just seem to bring her up wherever possible. That’s all.” He said, noticing how we’re both looking at him. “Am I missing something?” He asked looking between us.

“Just tell him, man.” Rian said to me. I sighed and nodded my head. It wasn’t too big a deal to me now that Libby knows. Besides, Rian doesn’t even know that something was about to happen between us yesterday anyway.

“I’ve kind of got a thing for her.” I said. Zack’s eyes widened and he looked like he was about to burst out in a massive grin.

“Seriously?” He asked excitedly.

“Don’t get too happy about it. We’re trying to get him over it.” Rian told him.

“Why? What if she likes you back? It’d be awesome!” Zack said.

“Just don’t tell anyone about this, okay?” I told him.

“I won’t. God. I always thought you two would end up together.” Zack said.

“Okay, but they’re not together, and they can’t be.” Rian told him.

“Let’s just not talk about this. I’m going to the bus, anyone is welcome to join me as long as they don’t talk about it.” I said getting out my overnight bag.

“Sorry. It’s just that I think you’d be perfect together. That’s all.” Zack said. I groaned before leaving the room. When I got to the bus I put my bag down and sat on my bunk. Then Libby poked her head out from hers.

“Is the bitch finally gone?” She whispered to me. I giggled and shrugged.

“She’s not on the bus if that’s what you mean.” I answered.

“Well that’s something.” She said. After a few seconds of comfortable silence, I decided to speak up about what happened between us.

“Listen, you know what went on last night?” I asked. She then giggled.

“Yeah, I’m pretty familiar with the events.” She answered. I laughed slightly, but I wanted to do this delicately.

“Okay. Listen, don’t get me wrong. I do want it to still happen and everything, it’s just that…” I began.

“It was in the wrong place in the wrong time?” She said, echoing my exact thoughts.

“Yes!” I exclaimed.

“Listen, it’s okay. We can do it whenever you’re up to it. It’s just that I don’t feel like it needs to be anywhere special. I obviously don’t have a lot of experience anyway. It’s just that wherever we do it, it’ll always be special to me.” She said to me.

“Really?” I asked with a smile on my face. She nodded her head.

“Yeah. As long as it’s good. I’m probably gonna be shit at it.” She said to me. I shook my head.

“Not possible. Besides, there’s always gonna be time for practice.” I said winking at her. She laughed and hit me with a pillow.

“Shut up.” She said. After another short, comfortable silence, I spoke up again.

“So where did you go when you left the room?”

“I opened the door to Alex’s room and gave him a look to let him know that she was getting on my nerves again. Obviously he pretended he didn’t know what I was getting at, so I just rolled my eyes and went to the bus with my bags.” She answered.

“Good call.” I told her.

“Thanks. I thought so.” She said.

“I gotta tell you though, I was terrified this morning. Alex came up to me looking all angry but he only wanted to talk to me about the whole action figure thing.” I said. She then started laughing.

“I know. I told him to act all angry and said it would be funny.” She said through her laughs. I gasped.

“You’re evil!” I said before standing up from my bunk and tickling her, making her laugh even harder. “Say you’re sorry!” I said in a monstrous voice.

“Stop!” She struggled to say.

“Apologise!” I ordered.

“Okay! Okay! Sorry!” She let out. I then stopped tickling her, but we were both still laughing. Alex came in and looked at us all weird.

“There you are. Look, you’re my sister and I love you, but if you don’t start pulling your shit together with Hannah then you’re gonna have to go home.” He said to Libby. We then stopped laughing and we got annoyed.

“What the hell did I do this time? She stormed into the room and called me a bitch, then accused me of lying for something she really did to me over a month ago.” She argued.

“Really? Because she told me that when you left the room you threatened her to leave and shut up about everything.” Alex said angrily.

“What?” Libby asked getting increasingly annoyed.

“Dude, come on…” I began.

“Not now, Jack.” Alex said.

“You don’t honestly believe her?” I asked getting angry on Libby's behalf.

“Alex, for fuck sake. Open your fucking eyes and smell the bullshit!” Libby shouted at him.

“She didn’t threaten her.” I said.

“How would you know?” Alex asked me, with anger dripping through his voice.

“Because I just do. Why the hell would she threaten anyone? Has Hannah ever had a serious conversation with you where she didn't name drop Libby in any way?” I asked.

“I don’t… I don’t know. That’s not even the point. She wouldn’t be saying that stuff without a reason.” Alex answered.

“Alex she absolutely hates me for no reason. Please can you just listen to me instead of her?” Libby practically begged. Alex sighed.

“I want you to tell me the truth, okay? Did you lie in any way to get her upset?” He asked her. She shook her head.

“No.” She answered.

“And did she really call you a bitch?”

“Um, I believe her exact words were ‘You little bitch!’” I answered for her, imitating Hannah, which made Libby somewhat smile.

“Okay then. I believe you.” He said, kissing her forehead. He then left the bus and Libby and I were sat there expecting the worst.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I seriously need to slow down with the updates because I haven't written enough to upload yet. I've only just finished chapter 7. D: Anyway, I hope you guys like it, and I hope you understand if I don't update for at least a week or so so I can play catch up with it? Let me know your thoughts on this chapter though. Until next time! :D