Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Goddess

Chapter One Afterlife

Chapter One
Afterlife
P.O.V of Krissi

“Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you’ve seen”. Matt sang into the mic as I stood side stage watching the guys perform in front of over 50 thousand people who had come out for the show. My smile widened as I watched Jimmy behind his drum kit shoving my fists in my pockets. He was so hot, even when he was transfixed on something other than me. I felt Harlyn at my side slipping her arm through mine, her eyes a much more vibrant shade of aqua green. She looked beautiful and for some reason that I couldn’t place I was shocked that she wasn’t blind.

It made no sense to me so I never brought it up. As far as I knew it had been us against the world. I turned back to the performance the guys were giving and the roaring crowd that sang along with every word.
The other girls and I danced to the music together. Amanda hugging me around the shoulders as she watched Matt grinning wildly as she flexed her eyebrows at me.

“That’s all mine ladies”.
We all laughed and I hugged her around the waste. The concert continued until the guys performed their final song. Matt telling the crowd how much the band loved them as the start of “Almost Easy”. Began to play and the words struck me in a way I didn’t understand. I couldn’t explain it or why the words “Come back to me, it’s almost easy”. Hit me so deep in my heart. Like someone or something outside of this was calling me back to them. Willing me back, but there was nowhere else I belonged but right here. With the guys and my best friends and Jimmy. When the guys came off stage Jimmy took me up in his arms and I giggled locking my lips with his as he lifted me off the ground. Collective groans all around.

“Can you two please make out on your own damn time”.
Harlyn said as she slipped her arm around Brian’s waste.
“Seriously, get a room”.
She continued in a teasing gone. Jimmy smirked back at her still holding me close to him. And yes he was damp with sweat, but I didn’t care. Jimmy’s arms were the only place I ever wanted to be. Even if the world was burning around us I wouldn’t care. As long as we were in each other’s arms.

“Good idea Harley”.
Jimmy grinned leading me back towards the bus. I laughed running after him. He swept me up in his arms carrying me wedding style.
“Oh come on!”
Matt called half laughing after us.
“You guys can walk to the convenient store to get food”.
Jimmy called back over his shoulder as he closed the doors to the bus and carried me back towards the couch. I giggled kissing him back wrapping my arms around him. The other guys less than pleased with Jimmy for locking them out of the bus. I giggled cupping his cheek.

“Maybe we should let them in. we could stay at a hotel tonight”.
I smiled at him. Jimmy smirked.
“I do like the way you think Babe”.
He said getting up. “Babe?” I thought to myself. It sounded hollow and without any real meaning. He could call anyone that. The feeling that Jimmy should have a pet name he only used for me built in my chest. Jimmy flopped down next to me on the couch putting his arms around me again. I rested my head against his chest making no arguments.
“Jimmy?”
I said looking up at him. He smiled down at me.
“Yeah babe?”
The words felt hollow and wrong again. But I shook the feeling off.
“Maybe you should have a pet name for me”.
I said looking up at him. Jimmy laughed keeping his arm around me.
“I do, Krissi. I don’t call anyone else that”.

I frowned at him trying not to be hurt by his words. What really caught me off guard was the fact that Jimmy didn’t seem like himself, and yet I had nothing to compare it to. Nothing what so ever. So how could I feel that he wasn’t being himself? I left my head resting against his shoulder while Jimmy and the guys talked animatedly about old times. We pulled up to a diner that was off to the side of the abandon road we’d been on for what felt like forever. Nothing ever changed here. That also caught me off guard.

We got off the bus and headed into the diner. We needed the biggest booth off to the back of the room. I scanned my surroundings and smiled to myself seeing posters of things I knew hanging on the walls. Sailor Moon, Final Fantasy. Batman. Things that made me smile and think of home. But I was home, I looked over as Jimmy slipped his arm around my waste and I eased into him again. Everyone ordered food but I didn’t feel much like eating.
“Are you sure you don’t want anything Babe, the food here is really good”.
Jimmy said as he pushed my bangs back from my eyes. I nodded looking back towards the table.

“Yeah. I’m not hungry”.
I couldn’t figure out where this feeling telling me not to eat anything was coming from. The waitress came over dressed in a sailor moon outfit complete with pigtails. She took everyone’s order and went back to the kitchen. It was then that I noticed them, the only two other people in the diner. A girl with long dark hair. Moss green eyes like mine and a beautiful face. She was wearing a backwards baseball cap. The guy was really good looking too. And for a moment, I thought for sure I knew the girl.

She looked at me for a moment looking like she wanted to say something.
“We’re gunna take our food to go”.
Matt called over his shoulder, I looked back to Matt and the group.
“Huh? Where are we going?”
Jimmy brought me to my feet holding tight to my hand.
“Babe, just trust us. We’ve got a lot of ground to cover before we reach the next venue”.
The guys started towards the bus while I lingered behind. The words leaving my lips in a light whisper as I sang to myself.

“I don’t belong here, I’ve gotta move on dear, escape from this afterlife”.
I trailed off as I felt Jimmy’s arms around me again he laughed scooping me up in his arms.
“You’ve got nothing to escape babe. Let’s go find that hotel. I can’t wait to be alone with you”.
He locked his lips with mine carrying me towards the bus. While I was caught up in the bliss that was Jimmy’s kiss. The words stung within me. Like some kind of message. Maybe if Jimmy wasn’t so distracting I’d figure it out but. I didn’t want to figure it out. I wanted to be happy with Jimmy.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3