Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Goddess

Chapter Eight Authority

Chapter Eight
Authority
P.O.V. Of Athena

I stood before the Gods of power full of outrage and disgust. Something was very wrong here and it was not something I could just come out and accuse them of. I knew the history and I knew what had happened between Zeus and Nyx many years ago. Zeus was humiliated by her, to admit he feared a woman much less a goddess of Nyx’s power. This smelt like a conspiracy to me from the start and now my fears were founded. Noel remained unmoving at my side with his hands shoved in his pockets.
“There is no proof of this”.
Zeus said in a smug tone but he knew damn well there was. Noel told them everything that happened. I curled my hands into fists at my sides.
“You know Noel is telling the truth, and I’m starting to think that none of you care if Nyx’s child wastes away!”
I accused being careful with my words.

“Watch your tone!”
Odin boomed at me, Hades smirked to himself as he lifted his goblet to his lips taking a drink of the fine wine he had been sipping on this whole time acting like the world wasn’t about to fall to pieces.
“It seems like our little book worm as turned into a trouble maker”.
Hades grinned looking to his brothers, Zeus, Odin Poseidon and Chronos all smiled back at him. Condescending smiles that made my presence all the more unwelcome. I shook my head.
“I don’t know what God or Goddess watches over you. But I pray they encourage Nyx and Erebus to show you all mercy”.

I said turning on my heels to leave. At my words I noticed guards closing in on Noel and I. There was no way I was getting out of here alive. My eyes darted to Noel and I nodded to him giving him permission to leave me behind. Moving at impossible vampire speed Noel was gone. I moved quickly avoiding the sword that came at me and thrusting a powerful spell into the face of the guard who lunged for me blinding him. I took his sword and started to fight my way out as quickly as I could.
The remaining guards fell back as I heard a booming voice speak from behind me.

“That’s enough”.
I looked back towards Zeus and his brothers who were all armed now. I turned to them wiping the blood from my mouth standing my ground as I faced them. Zeus smirked at me pointing his sword.
“You need to learn to pick your battles Athena. It’s important to know when your beat”.
I didn’t back down looking at them. I was out numbered and I knew they wouldn’t make any effort to spare me. This was a mutiny if I’d ever seen one. War was being declared against Nyx’s bloodline not by Raven or Fate but by the gods themselves.
“As should you”.
A cold voice spoke from behind me. I looked back over my shoulder seeing him. Erebus emerged from the shadows sword in hand followed by his sons. Aither and Eros following behind him. I smiled seeing them.
“Erebus!”

He nodded to me.
“Athena good to see you again. Would you mind if I took things from here?”
I shook my head sweeping a respectful bow to him.
“Of course not Erebus”.
I looked back at Zeus and his brothers who had gone pail. Eros narrowed his eyes slamming his fist into his palm.
“Yeah, no one fucks with our sister and gets away with it.”
Aither nodded in agreement with his brother but remained strong in his stands like his father. Erebus took a pendent from his pocket and held it out to me. It shimmered in the light.

“Give this to my daughter, it will guide her back to her body. It is a gift from her mother”.
Taking the pendent I started to run. Zeus growling somewhat as I looked back at him and his brothers. It appeared that Erebus had heard what they were saying and now along with his sons he was going to make them regret their actions. I used the portal to return to earth hoping I’d get there in time to help Krissi find her way back before things got ugly.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3