Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Two “Goddess Given Gift”

Chapter Two
“Goddess Given Gift”

As if fainting for the first time in front of a whole room full of witches and warlocks wasn’t bad enough. I was sure that I had completely left my body. My life flashing before my eyes and it wasn’t happy memories, mostly people treating me like crap because they could and then when the images were gone along with the feelings that came with them. When I became aware of my surroundings I was aware of three things. I still wasn’t in my body that was number one. I wasn’t in the world I should be in, that was number two. And number three was that there was someone else here with me because I could feel I was being watched. I slowly sat up and looked around the room. It was a very Egyptian style room. With golden walls and those backless couches with fabrics draped over them.

A beautiful woman with raven black hair that touched to her waste and perfectly straight bangs that rested just above her finely groomed eyebrows. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of lavender which made me realize this woman was not human. Dressed in golds and silvers. Her eyes remained locked on me and her lips were painted a deep shade of blood red. Smiling at the sight of me she rose to her feet.
“You have awoken. I apologize for catching you off guard so, before you panic I can assure you that you are not dead. You are merely a visitor”.

I kept my hands folded in my lap as I scanned my surroundings. Keeping as calm as I could while the woman sat on the other side of me.
“Well this is officially the weirdest thing that’s happened to me today. Looks like you win the grand prize”.

I muttered, the woman laughed lightly as she turned herself towards me.
“I am Isis, Mother Goddess of Magic. I appear to you this way because it is the way humankind thinks of me. However I am not just a goddess of the Egyptian people. I am however of Egyptian decent. Mankind seemed to think that meant I was exclusive to only the Egyptian people. However as a Goddess, all who walk the path of magic are welcome to worship me and in return I offer them guidance and protection.”

Isis explained, I thought sitting and talking with a beautiful witch like Quartz was the strangest thing that would ever happen to me. But now I was talking to Isis Goddess mother of magic. Yup this was definitely much weirder then what happened before I passed out. Isis smiled at me.

“It’s nice to meet you, Isis but why am I here?”
I asked feeling kind of nervous as I gave into what was happening around me. This could be just a fainting induced illusion for all I knew anyway. Isis rose to her feet and walked towards the large glass doors of the room.
“I am choosing you to be my eyes and ears in the mortal world. You will lead my children against those who would harm them in the final battle. And you will be the one to bring justice to the one called Vincent Kendrick. He is the leader and descended from a long line of those who have burned my children”.

Isis looked back at me and smiled as if she was confidant in her choice. I opened my mouth to decline this new position. I didn’t think I was suited to it. Me of all people leading an army? Being the eyes and ears of a goddess? Delivering Justice to those who have harmed witches through the ages. How could that possibly be me? Before I could speak a word of the endless questions that raced through my mind Isis opened the balcony doors and I was consumed in a blinding light.

“Why are you doing this Haner? Let’s just go who fucking cares if she wakes up or not?”
An angry and unfriendly voice was what welcomed me back to the world of the living and my body. I winced inwardly at the tone used and was careful to show no signs of movement. I didn’t want to open my eyes now.
“If you don’t like it Zacky, then get out! I want to know she’s ok”.
Brian’s voice was defensive and protective of me. I didn’t know why, I’d caused him so much trouble without really meaning to. There was a tense energy in the room and though my eyes were tightly closed I could see them glaring at each other.

“Haner’s whipped”.
Another voice laughed and the tension in the room shifted towards the new speaker. I still kept my eyes closed not wanting to move or wake in the middle of this unpleasant conversation. The new speaker continued.
“I’m just saying man, it isn’t like your fucking her or something. And judging by her goodie, goodie personality you will never get this one in bed. Just stick with Emma”.
He continued, “Emma?” I thought to myself, the girl who came to get me. The perfect girl who was the embodiment of perfect student and best looking girl in school. This inspired a new reaction within Brian that was like an explosion.

“I told you guys Emma and I are done! She cheated on me. Secondly like I said before if you assholes don’t like it in here then get the fuck out, I’m not leaving her”.
There was a deafening silence and then footsteps filing out of the room followed by the closing of a door. Brian sighed which sounded more like a growl as he ran his hands back through his hair before sitting again. I felt his eyes on me and then he spoke again.
“You can open your eyes now, their gone”.
I didn’t hesitate or question how he knew I was awake that whole time. Opening my moss green eyes I looked at him. Brian sat slumped back in a chair sighing to himself.

“You ok?”
He asked after giving himself a moment to gather himself and not be frustrated anymore. I sat up slowly looking around the room that looked like a privet hospital room.
“Other than being humiliated, hated and possibly losing all my sanity I’m great”.
Brian smirked at my words sitting forwards as he rested his arms on his knees.
“You know, it isn’t normal for witches to faint when they are about to be inducted into a coven. As far as being hated goes, ignore them. They’re just intimidated because you’re from the oldest family in magic history. And losing your sanity, well I can’t comment on that since I can’t tell you’ve really lost anything”.

Brian said as he rose to his feet and sat on the edge of the bed. I looked up at him feeling nervous and kind of scared. I was so venerable whenever he was near me. There was no carefully built walls that I normally surrounded myself with. Nothing to hide behind or protect me from being hurt. Being around Brian made me feel like I was naked. Emotionally and physically. No one had ever made me feel that way in my life.
“So, what happens now?”
I asked in a soft whisper my insecurity building up. I had to wonder if anyone would want me in their coven after I fainted. Brian smiled at me disarming me again.

“You decide that, you’ve been chosen to create a new coven, no one has created a coven here in over 200 years. So everyone is pissed. But you get your pick of the rejects”.
Brian explained. I frowned at the word “rejects” feeling like someone had punched me. I hated that word, for someone to be ladled something so awful. Brian stood shoving his fists in his pockets.
“I’m probably about to get dragged out of here again. Don’t be intimidated, the other kids here don’t bite, we aren’t vampires”.

He laughed, no sooner had the words left his lips then the door opened and Quartz gave him a slightly narrowed gaze.
“Mister Haner”.
Brian rolled his eyes turning to her.
“Yeah, yeah I know. Lights out right?”
Brian said in a snarky tone that shocked me. No way Quartz would let him get away with talking to her like that. But her eyes remained soft as she looked disappointed again. Brian moved past her. Quartz sighed turning back to me. I looked at her speaking without really thinking through what I was saying.
“Your related aren’t you?”
I said instantly feeling guilty for saying anything as Quartz looked back to me. She smiled though sitting on the edge of the bed.

“He is my little brother, yes. We are related. I try to instill goodness and the importants of our family’s line within him. Our father travels a lot and has rejected our ways. Brian and his friends seek to do the same. They wish to live the rock star life far away from this place and what they truly are”.
Quartz sighed looking sad again. She rose to her feet turning back to me. She offered her hand to me and I took it rising to my feet again with her help. I saw the bandage around my finger and felt weak in the knees for a moment. Quartz smiled at me as we walked together.
“Our goddess has spoken to you”.
Quartz noted as we walked across the ground in the cool night air. I swallowed hard not sure how she knew about this without me telling her. I diverted my gaze and nodded as the memory washed over me.

“You were chosen as her eyes and ears, the Deliverer. The council will want to meet with you and test you. I will delay it as long as I can but they will not take kindly to it. You will need training before they test you. Try not to worry so much about it now, focus on your coven. You will select your members in the morning. You will choose a name and a list of standards that your coven will represent. It is a big deal, 200 years without a new coven here has been far too long”.

Quartz and I stood outside my room. I must have looked sick because she smiled placing her hands on my shoulders.
“Don’t over think things. Everything will work out as it is meant to. Isis has turned her favor on you and that is a goddess given gift”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3