The Days

End of the day

Kane aims the rifle to check the sights “the sights are good” He says smiling. He sets the rifle on the counter. He puts on his book bag and slings the rifle on his shoulder. “Is there a way to the roof?” Kane ask as he looks at the sergal. The tall creature points to the back door. Kane nods and waves them to come along as he makes his way to the grey door. Kane grabs a small flashlight and fastens it to the barrel of the gun. He turns it on and points it at the door. Agent Orange grabs his knife and opens the door as Kane breaches it. He shines the light in every corner and wall as the two friends fallow closely. “There’s the stairs,” Kane says as he shines the light at the stairs. He walks to the stairs keeping the rifle pointed up and ready to fire. He makes a quick movement to the stairs aiming the rifle. Kane looks at the top of the stairs as he freezes with fear. He pulls the trigger but nothing happens. He looks shocked as he shakes the gun not knowing the light is flashing on the beast at the top of the stairs. The creature turns and screeches at Kane. Kane is struck with fear and falls backwards. Agent Orange quickly acts and throws his knife at the mutated wolf and the blade disappears into its throat. The wolf’s eyes widen as he falls down the stairs onto Kane. Yanio hides behind Agent Orange. Kane pushes the dead wolf off of him as he gets covered with blood. He pulls the knife and gives it back to the sergal.
Kane looks at the gun. “Forgot to load it,” he said as he loads it. He looks at his friends “come on” Kane starts to walk up the stairs and his friend’s fallow. He opens the door to the roof and sees smoke rise from buildings and the streets. The three walk to the edge of the building and look at the chaos bellow. “What is going on?” Yanio says. “I’m not sure,” Kane says as he looks at Agent Orange. The sergal steps back as he grips his knife tightly. “I didn’t do it,” he says Kane nods and shuts the door. “We will camp hear tonight”. Yanio sets his stuff down and lays his head on the book bag. Agent Orange doses the same as he yawns and falls asleep. Kane looks at the two sleep as he sits on the ledge of the building. He turns his head to look at the destruction and mass deaths of the streets. He sighs and watches the sun set between the buildings as falls to his back and falls asleep.