Status: I'm still figuring the whole layout thing out. So, I'm really sorry that it doesn't look good.

Drifter

One - 364 days before

“Home sweet home!” Lana said as she opened the door of the small apartment she was sharing with another person, yet to be known.
She placed her bags in the only bedroom with an open door and allowed her body to rest on the small bed. Last year in Ulm was insane, she could remember everything about it; the smell, the view, the weather and the people she got to know. Crazy how she could remember all of them, yet miss only a few. She sent a message to the only two she really got close, Amalie and Bernd, to tell them she was okay.
The door of the other room was already opened when she got out of the shower. She sneaked to her room and changed clothes, then she made her way to the kitchen where she saw her new roommate. He was about 6 ft, brown hair and skinny.

“Hi!” she said, uncomfortable.
“Hello.” He said turning to face Lana.

At that moment the only thing that came to her mind was: “Holy shit, he is handsome.” Not even “Holy shit I’m living with a dude.”

“I… I’m… Lana.” She reached her hand
“I’m Kennedy. Nice too finally meet you.” He shook her hand. “I’m making pancakes, do you want some?”
“Sure!”

They used the breakfast to get to know each other. Lana, 24, writer, going to stay only for a year. Kennedy, 26, musician, not going to stay home most of the time. Kennedy talked about the band he was in and Lana told him about the magazine she worked at. When they were finished, Lana washed the dishes and Kennedy left the house.
Lana organized her room and when it was 12 o’clock she grabbed her purse and found a place to eat. A small restaurant right in the corner caught her attention. She got inside and ordered a sandwich. After lunch, Lana decided to go buy a bicycle and to go get a plan for her cellphone.

It was almost 6 when she got back home and Kennedy was already in. She grabbed a few berries she just bought, washed them and started to eat.

“Hey, so, my friends invited me to go to a thing. Do you want to come? There will be a lot of people.”
“I don’t know. I still have things to do.” She said sarcastically while stretching her legs on the couch. “Of course, why not.”
“It starts at 7, but I want to be there 7:30.”
“Okay, I will get changed then.” She stood up and raced to her bedroom.

It was kind of cold outside, so she picked a black denim, white shirt and a gray cardigan. She took a shower, got dressed and put a little bit of make up on. It was almost 7 when she sat on the couch to wait for Kennedy. He made his way to the living room and sat by her side.

“So, are you ready? I have to pick two friends up.” He offered a hand to help her get up.
“Yup!” She took his hand and stood up.

She thought it was going to be a better idea to sit on the backseat, he turned the radio on and kept talking to her the whole time. He stopped at a house and honked. Soon a guy showed, he was shorter than Kennedy, had dark brown hair and a beard, he had company, she was almost his height and had a beautiful brown hair. The girl sat by Lana's side and the guy right by her side.

“I didn’t knew you were going to bring a date.” The guy said “I’m Garrett, by the way.” He smiled.
“She is my roommate.” Kennedy said.
“I’m Lana, Kennedy’s roommate.” She smiled back to both Garrett and the girl.
“My name is Jane.”

It didn’t take much time for Kennedy to stop again, he honked and a few minutes later someone opened the passenger's door and got in. Lana was talking to Jane and didn’t notice when the guy got out of the house. His long hair was blonde, that was all she could see.
Kennedy stopped in the middle of the desert and everyone got out of the car. She got a bit scared but followed them instead of staring. Soon some lights caught her attention and there were people there. They got closer to the people and she was handed a beer. Kennedy introduced her to all his friends and she sat with some of them.
It was almost 10 pm and her 6th beer when she noticed she had lost Kennedy. She decided to take one of the flashlights and go for a walk. She grabbed two beers before leaving. For some reason, deserts were kind of cool. Lana sat by a rock and stared at the dark in front of her.

“What are you doing alone out here?” She turned to face the owner of the unknown voice. The blonde guy from the car.
“Drinking and thinking. Even though is really stupid to do both at the same time.” She laughed.
“Not much, who knows what potential your drunken mind can have,” He sat by her side “do you mind?”
“Nope. Go ahead.”
“So, you are Ken’s roommate, right?”
“Yup.”
“He said you are not going to stay long. Why is that?”
“I don’t know.” She shrugged. “I just never do.”
“Ooh, I see, there is a very long story behind it, and you just don’t want to tell it.” He said opening a beer.
“That’s correct.”
“How can you know that it won’t be different this time?” They both took sips from their beers.
“I just do.” She looked at him “So, what do you do?”
“I work with Kennedy.”
“Oh, so you are a musician too.”
“Yes.” He smiled “What about you…”
“Lana. And I’m a writer.”
“John.” He took her hand from the cold ground and shook it.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter in!!!! Don't forget to leave a comment to let me know what you thought!