There's a Certain Loneliness in Your Company

I'm Being Honest

They returned to the guy’s hide out after spending some time shooting. They were more than willing to recharge Skyla and Glitch’s guns and let them hang with them for a while. The only problem was Glitch didn’t want to hang out. She couldn’t stop feeling more and more anxious as time passed. Very soon she would have to be back at her place and give ONE her answer. She hadn’t made a decision yet, and although she knew being back at her apartment wouldn’t help her make a decision either, she still felt that being there would help with some of the stress. Skyla could see the worried look on Toxic’s face, but chose to ignore it. She wasn’t aware of why Glitch was in such a hurry for and wanted to spend more time with Poison, who she had hit it off with right away.

Glitch leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, not making much conversation. She just watched as the others chatted and got to know each other. You wouldn’t believe that they hadn’t known Skyla just hours ago, but she had no trouble fitting in with them. Glitch shook her head and let her eyes wander around the room, absently staring out the window and watching the sun set over the desert. She was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she didn’t even notice Fun Ghoul watching her intently. He rose from his spot around the table, abandoning the conversation unnoticed and walked over to her. Glitch jumped when she felt his hand on her shoulder.

“Jesus, you couldn’t have said something first?” She shrugged his hand off and looked back out the window.

“What’s your deal?”

“Excuse me?” She didn’t mean to sound so annoyed, but she just couldn’t concentrate on much right now.

“When you first got here, you were timid and quiet. Then you finally start to open up, then immediately shut down again. Why?”

“You’re pretty intrusive. Why do you care? I don’t even know you.”

“Look, these days, we can’t afford to keep quiet and turn people away when they’re offering to help. If you need something, you just take it, or you at least ask. If you want something, you gotta go for it.” He looked very serious as he took another step toward her, closing the already small gap between them. She cleared her throat and couldn’t stop herself from looking him over once more before she directed her gaze out of the window again. He noticed her wandering eyes and smirked.

“Are you always so forward?” She asked, not taking her eyes off of the view outside.

“Yes.” He said simply. She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, the air hissing through her teeth. She turned back to look at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah? So what do you want?”

“You.”

She tried her best to keep a straight face, but she couldn’t stop her cheeks from flushing. She opened her mouth to say something but quickly shut it, looking outside once more. She couldn’t deny that she found him very attractive and she didn’t want to admit it, but he was right; you really didn’t have time to sit around and wait for something to happen anymore. You had to make it happen yourself. She just wished it would have happened any other time. The only thing she could think of was ONE and how he said she shouldn’t get attached. She had already gone too far with these guys, feeling at ease with them, and she still had to find a way to deal with Skyla. ONE said she would have to be willing to give all of this up. But could she? She closed her eyes and sighed.

“Please. You don’t want me.”

“Yes … I do.” His brought his hand up and lightly grazed her cheek, causing her to shiver. She ignored the surge of energy his touch sent through her and reached up, brushing his hand away.

“I’ve got a lot of shit going on right now. I’m a mess. You wouldn’t understand.”

“Look around, sweetheart.” He motioned to everyone sitting around the table, completely unaware of the conversation they were having in the corner of the room. “We’ve all got shit we’re dealing with. We’ve all got problems. I just choose to ignore them.”

“Well, I’m a lost cause. My problems aren’t just going to go away.”

“Whose are? I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but there aren’t many consequences to our actions anymore.” He still managed to have that cocky smirk smeared across his face. She scoffed, completely mind blown at how blunt he was.

“What about death?”

“Inevitable. We just hold it off as long as we can.”

“Who are you?” She shook her head slowly in awe, staring into his eyes.

“A guy who’s not giving up on you that easy.” He reached his hand out once more and ran it down the length of her arm, causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up. Glitch took a sharp intake of breath before stepping away from him and walking towards the hallway. She needed to get some space.

“Where’re you going?” Skyla called out to Glitch as she disappeared around the wall. Glitch made no attempt to answer as she paced the length of the hall way. She could hear Fun Ghoul’s voice responding to Skyla and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes. What was she doing? She needed to be stern with him. She couldn’t get involved. Not right now.

“What could possibly be so bad?”

She turned around to face Ghoul who was now standing at the other end of the hall from her. She bit at her lip, running a shaky hand through her hair.

“I can’t explain it. I just can’t … I – I don’t know …” She was surprised when she choked on her own words. For the first time, it was finally setting in. She was scared. Before yesterday, she wasn’t doing anything with her life, and she was totally ok with it. Today, she had to make a life altering decision, and that’s when Fun Ghoul decides to show up to complicate things further. She stood at the end of the hall and watched as he slowly walked toward her. She made no attempt to move.

“Just try. Be honest.” His words were soft and smooth as he grew closer to her.

“What do you want me to say?” Her voice was weak and nervous. She wanted desperately to sit down.

“Exactly what you’re thinking right now.” He was now standing in front of her, looking down into her eyes. She trembled under his gaze and looked toward her feet, unable to hold his intense stare anymore. She felt his hand under her chin, forcing her to look back up at him. Her breathing sped up at his touch.

“I … I …” She wasn’t sure she could say it out loud. She wouldn’t say it. If she did it would be real.

“Come on, doll. Tell me” His head turned slowly, and she was just able to make out his already infamous smirk in the dark hall.

“I think … I want you to stop with the pet names and the brooding looks or I won’t be able to stop myself.”

“Stop yourself from what?” The way his eyes lingered on her lips let her know he already knew the answer to that one. She stood frozen as his head slowly came down to meet her. She made no attempt to move as she felt his lips connect with hers, her knees suddenly feeling weak. She grabbed on to his arms to stop herself from collapsing against him. He took this as a good sign and pushed her against the wall, his body lying flush against hers. For one moment, she let herself get lost in this moment; get lost in him. She wanted so bad to take his advice and just go for what she wanted. But she couldn’t.

Reluctantly, she pulled away from him, both of them panting against one another. She laid her head back against the wall and closed her eyes. His lips never stopped as he began moving along her neck and collar bone, making her groan. He went in once more to kiss her, but she felt herself pushing him away from her. Before she could even register the confused look on his face, she walked past him and back out to the main room. Skyla got one look at Glitch as she walked back out from the hall and frowned.

“Tox?”

Glitch ignored her as she continued out of the hideout and back into the desert. She wasn’t sure which direction was home, but she knew she had to get there. She could hear their muffled voices calling after her but didn’t bother turning around. This was a mistake. She should have left a long time ago. She shouldn’t have led Fun Ghoul on like that. She couldn’t believe that she even kissed him at all. What was she thinking? She can’t get attached. She knew Skyla and Poison had gotten along really well and didn’t want to bother asking her to leave. Skyla still had a chance to be happy. Glitch didn’t get that option right now. She heard someone running up behind her, but continued to walk faster. She was going home now. A hand wrapped around her arm and spun her around. She sighed and turned to face who she assumed was Skyla.

“Listen, I have to –” Glitch gasped when she saw a hooded figure behind her, quickly throwing something over her head. She tried to scream, but felt herself being thrown into a car, the door slamming shut quickly behind her. She fought the person holding her, trying to escape their grasp, but she knew it was no use. Her heart sank when she knew she was on her way to ONE.
♠ ♠ ♠
New update. Let me know what you think. Cheers.