What I Did for Love

Stay With Me

" This was a great weekend" Ana said, wrapping her arms around Marco's neck as they stood outside, taking in the morning sunrise.

" It was, just a shame it has to end soon" Marco moaned, if he had his way he would stay locked up here for a while.

Ana laughed lightly, she was feeling the exact same way as Marco, she just wasn't pouting as much as he was.

" We still have one more day here" she replied quietly.

" Its not enough" Marco whined, as he placed his arms around Ana.

Ana smiled at Marco, she had grown quite attached to him, she was surprised at the depth of her feelings for him, It scared her a little.

" We can always come back" she suggested.

" True" Marco mumbled, as he pressed a kiss to Ana's head. They stood outside for a while longer, before they moved back into the cottage.

" So what do you want to do today?" Marco asked, as he closed the door.

" Lets have a Lazy day" Ana chuckled, knowing full well Marco could never just sit and do nothing.

Marco shook his head at Ana " That is boring, I need to do something" he replied.

Ana groaned, they had done a lot over the last two days, she just wanted to spend the day chilling out.

Marco ignored Ana's protests and dragged her out to the back of the garden, where he had a mini pitch set up.

" You are not going have me playing football are you?" she asked.

Marco just grinned at her while picking up the football, he looked back at Ana, she hadn't moved an Inch. He walked back towards her and reached for her hand.

" Come on Ana, it will be fun" Marco pouted.

" For you maybe, but not for me I suck at football" Ana groaned.

" I will teach you, I promise you it will be fun" Marco said, holding his hand out for Ana.

" Fine, Lets play" Ana sighed as she took Marco's hand, he really couldn't go a day without talking about or playing Football. It was cute but slightly annoying.

***
" That was never a goal, you cheated" Ana accused, standing with her hands on her hips, glaring at Marco. who looked a little too pleased with himself.

Marco stared at Ana Innocently, " I don't know what you mean, you dropped the ball and I scored" Marco smiled smugly at Ana.

" You kissed me, while I had the ball in my arms" Ana shot back.

Marco chuckled at Ana's reaction for someone that didn't like Football all that much, she sure was getting work up over nothing.

" Not my fault you are easily distracted" Marco grinned at Ana.

Ana flew her hands up in the air in mock disgust " You are a cheat and I Don't play with cheats" she replied and began to walk back into the house.

Marco ran after her, he pulled her back. " You love me really" he declared, before he kissed her, A kiss Ana was only too happy to respond too.

Ana finally pulled away " See you are doing it again, being distracting you don't play fair" Ana moaned.

" You just get distracted easily" Marco teased, his arms slipping around Ana's waist.

" You are so annoying" Ana replied, while playfully hitting Marco on the shoulder.

" You love it" Marco replied cockily.

Ana shook her head, but couldn't stop the smile that spread across her face.

" Just admit it" Marco encouraged.

" Never" Ana giggled, before giving Marco one more kiss before she walked back into the house, leaving Marco to finish his practice in the garden.

***
Ana tossed and turned in bed, she couldn't sleep she wasn't tired. Grabbing her robe, she wrapped it around herself before she headed to Marco's room, she knew he would be awake.

The door to Marco's room was open, she could hear Marco speaking to someone, she edged closer a little curious who he was talking to.

" The weekend has been great" Ana heard Marco say, she smiled at what he had just said.

" So you haven't chased Ana away yet?" she heard Mario's voice. Ana rolled her eyes of course Marco would be talking to Mario.

" No, she seems to like me" she heard Marco reply.

" She must be a fool" Mario joked.

Marco replied in German, Ana's German was still a little rusty so she couldn't understand what he had said.

" You really do like her then?" Mario asked.

Ana inched a little closer,she was interested in Marco's answer.

" Of course I like her, More than like her" Marco admitted.

" Then why do you look like a kid whose favorite toy has been taken away from them?" Mario asked.

" I am just a little worried that Ana is using us as a distraction" Marco said, taking Ana by surprise, she hadn't realized he had felt like this.

" Why would she do that, Ana doesn't seem the type to play games?" Mario asked.

" Its a long story, one I don't want to get into right now" Marco muttered.

" Then talk to her, don't use this as an excuse to push her away" Mario replied.

" I guess" Marco muttered.

Ana slowly moved away from the door, a little stunned at what she had heard, she had never heard Marco sound so insecure before. Talking a step back she banged into the wall and let out a loud curse. Marco's bedroom door opened, his eyes narrowed at Ana. He knew that she had been listening to his conversation with Mario.

***
" How long have you been standing there?" Marco asked, not even that annoyed about it.

" Long enough" Ana muttered.

Marco moved closer to Ana, they clearly had to talk. He grabbed Ana's hand and pulled her into his room.

" About what you heard" Marco began, Ana cut him off with her hand, she had to talk to him first.

" What was said between you and Mario is your Business, but let me make myself Clear, I am not and have never being using our relationship as a distraction" Ana spoke quietly.

" I am just worried I am going too fast for you" Marco confessed.

Ana stepped closer to Marco, she wanted to put his fears at ease " If we are going fast, I would have said something, but I like the pace we are taking" she replied.

" I just want you to be comfortable with this" Marco sighed, as he sat down on the bed.

Ana quickly sat down beside him, her hands found his " Marco look at me" she whispered.

Marco slowly turned his head to look at her " I am more than comfortable with you, I wouldn't be here otherwise" she said, cupping his face.

Marco leaned his head against Ana's " I am just scared" he admitted.

Ana smiled at him " Its normal to be scared, I am not going anywhere so you better get used to it" she warned playfully.

" So you don't think we are rushing things, after what happened" Marco asked.

Ana sighed, the last thing she wanted to do was talk about Robert with Marco, but she knew it needed to be done, to ease Marco's fears.

" Marco what I had with Robert was built on lies, totally different to what we have, what I feel for you is real" she said.

Marco pulled back a little, doubt creeping into his eyes " You also thought what you had with Robert was real" he questioned.

" Yes, but it wasn't, I am not going to lie but when he died, it hurt but I am done grieving for him, I am moving on with you" Ana replied.

" You sure that this is what you want?" Marco asked.

Ana nodded and pulled Marco into a hug, she was ready for whatever they would become, she hoped it would be something pretty special.

" I won't let you go" Marco whispered into her ear.

Ana pulled back and smiled at him " I don't want you to" she replied.

Marco hugged Ana tight, he was glad he had this talk, it had been playing on his mind for a while and was glad that Ana had brushed his fears aside.

" Stay with me tonight" Marco asked, he didn't want to be on his own tonight.

Ana pulled away and looked at Marco doubtfully, she wasn't sure if she was ready for that step yet.

Marco saw the doubt doubt in Ana's eyes " We don't have to do anything you don't want to, I just want to be close to you" Marco said quietly.

Ana got to her feet " where do you sleep?" she asked.

" The left" Marco replied.

Ana nodded and moved to get in on the right, Marco watched her " You don't have to stay" Marco said,giving her an out.

" I want to" she replied.

Marco climbed into bed without another word, he bit on his lip as Ana snuggled closer to him.

" Night, Marco" Ana said, as she turned the bedside lamp off.

" Night" Marco replied, placing his arm around Ana, and pulling her closer to him. Ana smiled as she closed her eyes, she could get used to being this close to Marco, it was a very nice feeling.