Sequel: Solar Flair
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Blood Magic

Chapter Thirteen Nightmare

Chapter Thirteen
Nightmare

It had been a few weeks since arriving in Salim. Dad and Grandma were going crazy being cooped up here for so long. So Mary and John took them to a movie. Amanda was locked up in her room refusing to come out or speak to anyone. Cynthia and Rex had gone on a date of their own. Michael was in the garage working on his truck with the radio blasting grunge rock anthems. I winced as Dean removed the tape from the bandages around the gash on my stomach. Blushing as I held my shirt up. I felt his finger touch to the wound and winced a little.
“Still sore?”
He asked. I nodded a little. He grabbed the bandages and started to rebandge the wound for me. I watched him closely.

“You wanted to be a doctor”.
I said smiling down at him. Dean shrugged.
“I’m interested in the medical field yeah, and I am the only one with first aid training. I can’t remember if I was as a human though”.
Dean said looking up at me. I smiled at him placing my hands over his.
“I could read you again”.
I offered. Dean looked up at me looking a little scared.
“I don’t know if I want to remember Krissi, if I remembered someone else or something. It might change things and I like them the way they are now”.
Dean said getting to his feet. I guess I could kind of understand. I liked things the way they were too. Dean cupped his hand to my cheek and smiled down at me. I smiled back at him leaning into his touch.

“You are all that matters to me now”.
Dean said. I cupped my hand over his smiling up at him. He swept me up in his arms wedding style with ease and carried me towards the bed setting me down.
“John’s been working you too hard. You need rest”.
Dean said as he pushed my bangs from my face. I rolled onto my side looking up at him.

“Dean”.
I smiled up at him moving in closer to him our fingers interlocking.
“You’ll be the one to turn me right?”
I asked. Dean smiled at me.
“Of course. I won’t let anyone else do it”.
I rested my head to his chest keeping our fingers laced together.

“Will it hurt?”
I asked looking up at him. Dean frowned a bit.
“Yes, it will burn badly but it’s just the venom moving through your system. John got through his change forcing himself to think beyond the pain he was in. I can’t see how he would do it”.
I closed my eyes staying close to Dean.
“Dean, I want to say something. And it’s ok if you don’t want to say it back. I don’t expect you too and it might be too soon”.
I said looking up at him now. Dean smirked down at me.

“I love you too”.
He said. I blushed gaping up at him. He tucked my hair behind my ear.
“There you go blushing again, I’m going to miss that after your change”.
Dean laughed. I blushed scarlet hiding my face now. Dean kept his arms around me kissing my forehead lightly. As I ended up slipping deeper into a dream I found myself bound to a wooden stake that was driven into the ground. My wrists bound behind my back as my eyes fixed on the men before me. A sea of them. One of them holding a torch.

“Any last words?”
One of the men said keeping his eyes on me. I shook my head pressing my lips tightly together not giving them the satisfaction of saying anything. A man stepped forwards lowering his hood and I gaped at him. It was Mister Rusk. He smirked looking back at me.
“Goodbye dear sister. If only you hadn’t shamed mother and father so, they would have lived”.
He said looking directly at me. I felt a pulse of anger shooting through me and as if my soul returned to my body I jolted awake. Dean looked worried as he sat up with me.

“Krissi?”
He said sounding scared. I looked down shaking my head.
“I need to train”.
I got up leaving the room. As I arrived at the ball room I pulled my hair back and grabbed the silver stakes working on my shots and combinations. Mister Rusk was in my nightmare. He called me “sister” and I was burned alive. None of this made any sense to me what so ever. I was caught between angels and vampires now magic was making an appearance and this time it wasn’t to assassinate me. What was I really? Why was I chosen out of all the souls on this planet? I managed another combination taking the head off of the dummy I was using. The head rolled to a stop by the door.

I looked back at John as he stood in the doorway picking up the head. I dropped the stakes running my hand back through my hair as I paced the room trying to catch my breath. John walked over and crouched down in front of me.
“Deep breaths”.
He said. I sat on my knees shaking my head looking at him.
“Who is the magic user trying to kill me? No more protecting me, I know my dad told you something”.
I said. John frowned at me grabbing a bottle of water from the cooler and handing it to me. I pushed it away.

“John, I need to know”.
I said in a flat tone. John sighed looking away from me rising to his feet. I curled my hands into fists.
“Damnit the son of a bitch tried to kill me! More the once! I deserve to know whose doing it! And why!”
John looked back at me.
“Dorian Rusk, your English teacher. He is a failed exorcist who wanted some kind of revenge against your father. He converted and became a warlock doing the devils work. Aro approached him and gave him a contract enlisting him into the volturi as a bodyguard. We found the contract in his apartment the night your father told me what he suspected.”
I looked away from John as the thoughts put themselves together.
“He had the keys to the car, I gave them to him after he drove me home”.
I said turning to John as the panic set in. John gripped me by my shoulders.

“It’s alright. The trap didn’t work”.
He reminded me. I narrowed my eyes slightly.
“I had a dream about him, he called me his sister and I was burned at the stake. Dorian Rusk was a warlock long before my father knew him. He’s immortal”.
John ran his hand back through his hair sitting down on one of the benches. I turned back to the dummies that were set up curling my hands into fists.
“I need to learn how to fight him John.”
John sighed looking at me.
“I have no experience fighting warlocks or witches. I don’t know if they can be fought”.
John said. I sat down on the other side of him knowing I needed to fight Dorian. But it was all so insane to me. Could I really be the reincarnation of his sister? And if I was, what did any of that mean for me?

“I might have a way to fight Dorian”.
Mary said as she entered the room. John looked at her and sighed shaking his head.
“Mary it isn’t a good idea. You know what was said”.
I looked between them not knowing what was going on.
“Ok again I’m in the dark. For someone who’s supposed to be turned into some powerful vampire you guys sure do keep me in the dark a lot”.
I said looking between them as I stood crossing my arms. Mary turned to me and giving the best smile she could she placed her hand on my shoulder.
“I apologize. Cynthia had another message delivered by the angels. They took her over and foretold of a young man we know. Who happens to be a warlock. The angels spoke of conflicts between this young man and Dean”.
Mary explained.

I hugged myself shaking my head lightly.
“If we enlist this warlock he can fight Dorian in ways none of us can. Your father’s magic is mostly used for demons and exorcisms”.
Mary continued. I looked back at John who didn’t look all too happy with this plan. And I wasn’t either, but if it gave me some sort of protection from Dorian. I turned back to Mary.
“Then I’m going with you”.
Mary smiled at me giving a nod.
“As you wish”.
I followed Mary from the room. We walked back towards her and John’s room.
“If you’re going you need to be dressed like one of us. Put this on”.
She said handing me a black lace dress that I was sure was a top at first. She walked out of the room to get Michael and Rex. I pulled the tight dress on and winced a little from my bandages. Mary returned to the room and smiled at me.

“You look good”.
She said sitting me down and starting on my makeup. Dean stood in the door way.
“Are you kidding me? Taking her to that place! She’ll be killed!”
Dean growled looking at me.
“And that dress, I don’t want her in public dressed like that!”
Dean continued. Mary looked back at him smirking.
“You’d let her wear it in privet just for you”.
She teased him. Dean stammered.

“That isn’t the point! I’m going with you! If anyone looks at her the wrong way I’m ripping their eyes out”.
Dean stormed down the hall. Mary laughed to herself.
“He’s very protective of you. I guess I shouldn’t tease him so much”.
Mary said. She took my hair back and when I saw myself in the mirror I didn’t recognize the person looking back at me. Mary handed me some thigh high boots.
“Put these on. We’ll be downstairs waiting”.
Mary said. I pulled the boots on nearly killing myself when I took my first few steps in them. I balanced myself against the railing on my way down the steps.

“Wow! You look hot for a human”.
Michael teased me. Rex snickered shaking his head.
“She’s only got half a year of humanity left. She’ll be changed before her 19th birthday”.
Rex added. Cynthia rolled her eyes at me storming off to the other room. Dean took my hand in his looking at me worriedly.
“Are you ok, your bandages”.
He remembered. I nodded to him.
“I’m fine. It doesn’t hurt and oddly enough I don’t notice them”.
I said looking up at him. Mary met us downstairs looking similar to myself. She walked towards the garage.

“Come on. This place we are going is dangerous so don’t look at anyone, be confidant and keep your eyes forward”.
Mary said looking back at me.
“And try not to breath”.
She said before opening the door to a red B.M.W. I looked up at Dean who gave an encouraging smile. I didn’t know anything about this warlock or how I was going to get him to help keep me safe. All I knew was, Dorian wanted me dead and I couldn’t fight him alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3