Birdhouse in Your Soul

No! My Black Lotus!

Idol looked like she hadn't slept in days. Scratch that... It's been literally three days since she hasn't slept at all. Her body was now forcing her to take mini naps here and then. It was unpleasant. Especially since she dozed off at the most random times. The dreams were even fucked up. She always felt that she was being pulled away from her body and go through an out of body experience. It was so sudden and so quick that when she wakes up it feels as if she had fallen back to earth. This made her stomach drop and jolt awake at any moment or when someone just called out her name. At this point she is not a heavy sleeper and her body will be at alert at all times. Yeah, very unpleasant.

From Yugi's home:

"Idol?" She woke up so suddenly and gasped when she heard Yugi's grandpa call on her, "I think you should go on home, you're falling asleep again."

To lectures at school:

"Idol!" Dr. Haner called.

She sprung up from her desk, "I activate my trap card!"

"Excuse me?" The entire class just laughed at her as she sunk back to her seat.

And with friends:

"Hey, Jounouchi! Earth to Jounouchi!" Yugi called, "Hey, are you in there? It's your move!"

"Sorry, Yug. I'm kinda concerned about Idol." Jounouchi pointed at the sleeping girl who was supposed to keep score.

"She's been dozing off a lot lately, I wonder what's wrong?" Anzu had been watching her. Ever since Idol had moved her out of harms way from that incident in burger world she had grown to respect her, almost admiring her. Anzu had reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder and this got her to wake up, "Sorry, I'm okay." Idol had rubbed her eyes not even bothering to explain. Though this didn't convince everyone... Like Miho.

"But Miho is worried!"

Idol just felt all eyes on her and she felt a little self-conscious, "Don't worry guys, I've been listening to you all play duel monsters." She had given them a small sleepy smile, "And I can prove it too!" She looked over to Jounouchi and with a sly grin she said, "So, I heard this is the third time that Yugi has beaten you!"

Jounouchi just glared, "Go back to sleep!"

"Make me!"

He ignored her and carried out his turn, "I place this card in attack mode!" He crossed his arms feeling very proud at what he just did, "Pretty good, huh, Yug?" Anzu had tugged Idol's sleeve, "Why haven't you been sleeping?" Even if she kept it at a low tone, there was no way the boys would've been paying attention anyways. Yugi was too busy explaining to Jounouchi how he could use his monster cards more wisely and Honda was too busy making fun of Jounouchi.

Miho had appeared on her other side and Idol just stared at them feeling a little anxious, "Well... Don't tell this to anyone else but ever since that incident at Burger World, I've been having nightmares about it."

"No way!" Anzu gasped which made Yugi looked over to them and Idol sent her a look. Miho played it off as if she didn't hear anything and Anzu just whispered, "Why don't you want anyone to know? This is serious, you know? I mean... Have you looked in a mirror lately?"

"Oh thanks, Anzu." Idol rolled her eyes, "I just don't want anyone to be worried about me but thanks for your thoughts."

"I didn't mean it that way, Idol!" Anzu and Idol just glared at each other while Miho tried to change the subject to prevent her friends from arguing amongst each other. Idol then sighed, lack of sleep was taking its toll on her. She wasn't lying about the nightmares but there was something else that was bothering her.

Their sensei had walked in and Idol crept to the seat behind Anzu, "Yo, would your sensei notice that there's a random student skipping class here?" Idol whispered to her.

"Idol, if you're caught you might get suspended." She sternly told her, "This school is very strict with that, just to warn you, though I'd be more worried if someone decidedly ratted you out."

Idol just stared at her, "Would you?"

"Of course I wouldn't."

"So can I stay behind you?"

"Idol, I don't even sit here."

She just slumped her shoulders while Honda had went on another of his beautification rants. He's very passionate about that.

"Don't worry, Idol! Miho will be right in front of you!" Miho said as she took Anzu's seat, "You're lucky Takahashi-kun didn't arrive today!" She said with a wink. Idol felt someone tapped her shoulder and it was Yugi, who sat next to her, "Idol, here's the land mat you brought today." He handed over the play mat he was using for duel monsters. She leaned over to get it and he leaned to her ear, "Idol, I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Yugi, one day I'll teach you to be a rebel."

"You're starting to sound like Jounouchi."

Idol hadn't realized that Honda was lecturing the class about illegal duel monster cards. How is it a beautification member's job to regulate that? If anything that was something for people who run tournaments or those who sell the licensed cards... Like Yugi's grandfather. Idol had been giving Yugi's grandfather the idea of hosting mini tournaments in his living room to attract more customers and keep their loyal customers. Their sensei had cleared his throat, "Mind if I interrupt?" Honda had stopped talking which caused a few snickers from the other students including Idol. He went back to his seat as their sensei went ahead and took over, "Today, let's begin by introducing a new student."

Idol had froze for a moment thinking she got caught but then she heard Yugi mutter enthusiastically, "I wonder who it is, I hope it's someone who likes games."

She couldn't help but smile, "Of course you would think that." she whispered more to herself than anything. She heard the door slide open and she curiously watched who this new kid was. Now she won't have that "new kid" attention anymore. The new student was a boy who was dressed more of a high status uniform. Idol's heart dropped as she recognized him.

"He's Kaiba Seto-kun." Sensei had introduced and the new student gave a genuine smile, "Nice to meet you all."

Idol gulped as it was confirmed. This was bad. Not because the top class amusement industry heir was here. It's the fact that they had met before and Seto Kaiba knows her true identity. She shouldn't have skipped class. Idol kept her head low so that he won't see her. Maybe he won't even recognize her, after all it's been quite a while. When the sensei mentioned that there was an empty seat next to Yugi, she freaked out even more. He was going to head back here.

"Hey!" Yugi greeted. "Good job, Yugi. Keep him from looking over here." Idol thought to herself as she slumped forward on her desk. She watched as Seto had picked up a duel monster card from the floor and had given it to Yugi. As Yugi thanked him, he had ask if he was into games.

"Yeah, I love them." This was too strange to look at. He is too nice for her liking. Idol again froze as he made eye contact with her. For a split second, she saw a change in his eyes. There was no doubt recognition in them but Seto didn't make any expression about it, or said anything. All he did was change his smile into a smirk. Idol kept her poker face and nodded at him, unaware that her jaw had clenched. "Let's just make it through the day."

Idol had paid no attention to the lecture since this wasn't her class anyways. Her mind had drifted back to when she was in America. After she had left her hometown, California, she'd been travelling with a group of criminals with her old best friend across the country. There in America were led by a corrupt doctor of archaeology and his right hand man was a bandit called Royaru. The real leader was rumored behind an unknown clan outside the country. Idol didn't have much knowledge of this. The group called themselves rare hunters. Though, obviously that is not how they would introduce themselves. They gambled and won so many rare artifacts, sold, traded, and on the side stole them. Of course one of things they collected were duel monsters. It is how she got exposed to it. Since she got good at duel monsters competitively, the bandit named Royaru had encourage her to compete at nationals and that was how she met Seto Kaiba. Everything was going as planned, until they told her to cheat. She never cheated. Though, they could care less about her pride in the game. All they wanted was his infamous rare card. Another thing she didn't expect was her best friend's sudden emotional collapse about Seto Kaiba which cost her the duel. To sum it all up, Seto and her competed, she got disqualified, and now they are here.

As the bell rang, Seto had collected his stuff and stood before her and Yugi, "I knew I recognize you from somewhere, I didn't think you'd be here in Domino City."

Yugi looked at him in confusion before he looked over to Idol who wore a distraught look. "For fucks sake, Kaiba, not here in front of Yugi!" She screamed internally.

"I say, it's been a while...Idol." He smirked as he knew he was getting to her.

"Idol, you know Kaiba-kun?" Yugi had snapped her out of it and she melted into a smile for him, "Yeah, I met him through nationals duel monster tournament." She looked over to Seto to see if he was going to say anything else but his smirk disappeared and he nodded at her explanation, "She's correct, back then we were the only young duelists there. We were twelve years old at the time."

Yugi's face molded into excitement, "Ah! That's awesome, Idol! You never told me that!"

"Such a shame, you never told him? It was really exciting wasn't Idol?" Seto added in just to tick her off.

Idol finally decided to play along, "Yeah, but I didn't make it in the tournament anyways so there isn't much to say about it."

"Hm, I wonder why you got out..." Seto thought out really loudly and Idol had stood up to face him, "I don't want to talk about this anymore." She muttered to him and Seto knew that he had won as he leaned forward, "I won't be the one to reveal your true identity...Natalie." He whispered her real name so low that only she could hear it, "But Yume might."

Idol jumped back, "YUME'S HERE?"

Yugi was shocked at her outburst, "Idol, what's wrong?" He stood up and looked at her worriedly, "Kaiba-kun? What happened?"

Seto shook his head and smiled at him, "Idol is just upset because I reminded her of her loss at nationals, I apologize Idol, I really do."

Idol didn't even hear the apology as she felt herself shaking, "Why is it that suddenly everyone from my past is coming back out of the blue?"

Kaiba just had to bring out Yume though there was one thing they had in common... They both did not want her here.

"Who's Yume?" Yugi asked which made Idol's head shrunk down to the desk at the memory of her old best friend:

[In a Not So Distance Past - The Ruins of Thebes Palace]

There was music echoing throughout the entire throne room. No one minded it. They've been in that same room since five in the morning and it's barely noon. Each student had a job of searching for hieroglyphics (and try to translate it) or any particular object that appealed to them (aside from the throne itself because everyone chooses the one thing that pops out in the damn room) and write as to why it is appealing to them. Yume on the other hand took it to the next level.

She had balanced herself on top of the throne. Her feet were either side of the arm rests. She shook her hips to the music and waved her hands as if she were at a disco. Then she started to sing....

"YOU CAN DANCE~

YOU CAN JIVE~

HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE~"

Idol stomped forward, clearly pissed off that her group partner had not been paying attention for the past hour, "Yume! Quit drawing attention to yourself!"

"SEE THAT GIRL~?"

She points to a fuming Idol.

"WATCH THAT SCENE, DIGGING THE DANCING QUEEN~"

"Yume, I swear you're going to get smite by all the dead pharaohs any damn minute!"

"Aw come on, Nazz!" Yume whined and then smirked, "Don't be such a SPAZZ!" Her shoulders shook while she laughed at the stupid comment she made on her friend's nickname, "Just have a little fun! I'm sure the dead kings don't mind!"

Idol just crossed her arms and rolled her eyes as her friend continued to act stupid. Why must all adults be stupid?

Yume: age 19
Idol (Natalie): age 14

"YOU ARE THE DANCING QUEEN~"

Idol, back to present day, had a sick look to her face. She can still hear the word "queen" haunt her ears to this day. She jumped at the sound of Yugi closing his locker and went to grab her wrist, "Come on, Idol, Kaiba-kun wanted to tell us something before he leaves."

She didn't do anything but let herself be dragged. She was stopped in front of a limo and Yugi had let go of her wrist. Wait... Idol had stared down at her wrist and she immediately regretted getting lost in her head. She felt a pat on her back and she looked over to see Jounouchi, "Idol, you look like you're about to barf." He commented.

"Thanks, Jou..."

"It was rich boy wasn't it?" He nodded as if he answered his own question, "My theory is correct, he is no good!"

The limo had drove off and Miho squealed, "Ah! What a great car!"

"Hey, Yugi!" Anzu asked excitedly, "You're getting along already?"

"Kaiba-kun is going to show me his card collection." Yugi answer with a smile and looked over to me, "Wanna come, Idol, he invited you too?"

She was hesitant at first though before she replied, Miho had cut in, "Kaiba-kun's house?! Miho wants to go too!"

Yugi looked at everyone else, "Let's all go! I'm sure he'll be pleased!"

"Oh, he'll be pleased." Idol muttered to herself though Jounouchi heard her and he smirked nudging her, "For Yugi's sake, let's go." he told her.

And so they did...

"Hey!"

Idol, who was watching the massive front lawn from behind the gate, had looked over to Jounouchi shouting, "Isn't there a law against an individual having such a large house!"

"Of course not!" Anzu replied.

Honda had arrived on a bicycle with Miho sitting at the end. He halted to a stop and panted heavily from having to ride a long way and carry two weights.

"No taxi ride?" Anzu asked innocently earning a glare from Honda.

~"Hey everyone, glad you made it. Please, come in." A voice was heard from a speaker nearby and when it ended the gates have opened. Idol walked more closely to Jounouchi with a bored expression, as Yugi was in front leading them all, clearly excited to see Kaiba and his card collection. Her inner hunting instincts had kicked in at the idea of looking at someone's collection but if it was Seto Kaiba then she really doesn't give a sh-

The massive doors had open and Seto was there to greet them all, he was surprised that Idol was there as well and smiled nonetheless, "Everyone came? I am so pleased!"

But... Why? Idol the entire time had been secretly watching Kaiba. Why was he acting so nice? Even though she did not know him personally but the last time they dueled he left a bad impression. No, it wasn't the fact that he's an arrogant, spoiled brat. It was of what happened between him and her best friend, Yume. Idol isn't a big fan of her dear old friend anymore but she still felt empathy at what had happened to her. And she hated Kaiba for it. He had hurt Yume. Idol's eyes narrowed as she spotted him close to Yugi.

Yugi's face showed her that he was having the time of his life and Kaiba was only just playing along. Idol's stomach sank at her conclusion. He was going to hurt Yugi. Her fists clenched at the thought and then she heard Jounouchi, "That polish pig! I dislike him more and more."

Idol nodded in agreement as she crossed her arms.

"He can't be that bad." Honda had said and Idol bit her lip, thinking what was Kaiba up to?

Idol's mouth had hanged open at the amount of cards he had. For just one individual this was pretty impressive. Then again Seto had money and money always talks. She walked over to the trophies and there were photographs of him holding them with sponsors and what not. She found one with him and Pegasus. She gave a half-smile, "He really went that far." She found herself whispering and didn't realize Yugi was next to her, and then Seto followed.

"Idol! You're in this photo!" Yugi exclaimed in excitement. She jumped at his sudden outburst and looked to where he was pointed at. She relaxed when she saw her name was nowhere on display.

"Yes, those are the ones who made it to the final rounds." Seto explained, "One of the memorable tournaments I had."

"Idol, is this the time where you were twelve?" Yugi asked as his eyes never left the photo.

"Yeah." Idol answered then was embraced by Miho from behind, "Ah! Idol plays duel monsters!"

"Oi, Idol, are you any good?" Jounouchi grinned at her, "We need to play!"

For once, Idol wanted all the attention to go back to Seto. Even though he said he wouldn't say anything about her identity, she was still afraid that he might mention something.

"Idol, your hair was shorter then." Yugi observed.

She blinked and hadn't noticed how long and how a little wavy it was getting, "Yeah I totally forgot how it made my face look chubby." She clapped her cheeks with both hands and made a face.

"I think that's the least of your problems, Idol." Seto said smirking to the distance and she just shot him a glare. Miho had let go of Idol and walked over to Seto and asked him about his amusement park. This took Honda's attention away from her photograph along with Jounouchi teasing Honda for being jealous.

Idol looked back at her younger self one last time before...

"Idol," Yugi had called her with a smile and she had given him her attention, "You look cute with short hair."

The blood went straight to her face as she had not expect that from Yugi. She was so in shock that she forgot how to express her gratitude for a compliment. Anzu, too, had heard Yugi's comment and narrowed her eyes a bit. Finally, Idol, found her words and she grinned, "Thanks, Yugi!" She ruffled his hair.

"Idol, not my hair!"

"Yugi!" Seto chimed in, thank god, "I forgot to ask you if you had any rare cards."

Yugi had finished fixing his hair (how?!) and replied, "Uh... No, I don't have any."

"Hold up, what about the rare card that your grandfather has?" Anzu mentioned and Yugi finally remembered, "Oh, right..."

Idol's eye twitched as she thought of how would Anzu know about this information when she doesn't play the game. Idol remembered that she was the only one who would go over and play duel monsters and talk to Yugi's grandfather about duel monsters.

Jounouchi and Honda had ganged up on Yugi, pressuring him into showing Kaiba the card. Yugi pursed his lips as he thought about it, "Well then..."

"Excellent!" Seto had cut him off, "I'll definitely look forward to it!"

"Oh, great, then bribe the hell out of the Mutous, too." Idol thought and if looks could kill then Kaiba would drop dead.

At the Kame Game Shop...

Idol leaned against the glass counter as everyone was just dying to see the super special awesome rare card that apparently Yugi's grandfather has. Idol was also curious as to which one he owned. Though, she wasn't too excited. She's seen and hunted her fair share of rare cards. She doesn't own them anymore, though...

Yugi practically had to place his hands together and begged, "Please, grandpa! Please, show us your card!"

Idol had chuckled at how adorable he was acting. Like a child on Christmas Day, no wonder people confuse him as a kid.

"My best card?"

Yugi nodded and Seto bowed a little, "Yes, definitely show it!"

"Looks like I've got no choice." Yugi's grandfather chuckled and proceeded to look for the card, "Now where did I leave it?"

"I wonder what it is!" Miho exclaimed and now Idol felt the excitement in the room. She leaned forward on Kaiba's side to see as well. Seto not caring how close she was as he, too, was fixated on the upcoming card. Grandpa came back up with the card, "Here it is!"

Seto and Idol had gasped, "BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON!" Both had shout in unison and they stared at each other. It looked as if they had a mental conversation with one another..

"Don't you dare!"

"I have money."

"You fucking asshole!"


Idol gritted her teeth expecting him to bring out his check book any minute. She crossed her arms as Grandpa Mutou explained the rarity of the card even though she and Kaiba knew it.

"This card is so powerful that they stopped producing it," he chuckled, "Huge fans and collectors will go crazy about it."

"Like Kaiba..." She muttered as she saw Kaiba go forward and place the briefcase he always carries around and opens it to show him....cards? Cards?! CARDS?!

"Please take this offer! I will trade you all of these cards for the Blue Eyes White Dragon."

Honda, Jounouchi, Yugi, and Idol's eyes were like saucers, "AMAZING!"

Idol on the other hand was freaking out at the fact that Kaiba carries around duel monsters in a damn briefcase!

"No." Grandpa said without hesitation.

"THAT REFUSAL WAS ALSO AMAZING!"

Idol had burst out in laughter that she had to hold her stomach and prevent herself from falling over and crying.

"There's no way?" Kaiba desperately asked, "What about money? I'll give you anything you want!"

Grandpa looked at him in the eye again tucking his blue eyes away and said, "No."

Kaiba was flabbergasted! No one ever refused him! No one!

"Kaiba-kun right?" Grandpa asked, "I know how you feel but this card means a lot to me. I'm not keeping it just because it's rare but because this card was a gift to me from a dear friend in America." He looked over to a photograph of what Idol assumed to be his American friend, "This card is a treasured memory. There is no way I can part with it."

Idol smiled at his words while Kaiba's shocked face became enraged.

"Truly precious treasures have your heart in it. This card has mine." Grandpa explained and Idol tilted her head to the side in confusion, "That is why Kaiba-kun should cherish each card in your trunk."

Idol looked over to him to see if he was going to pop but he didn't. Kaiba suppressed whatever rage filled thoughts he had in his head and forced a smile, "You're right, I was mistaken." He closed his briefcase and made his way to the exit, "I think I'll go home now."

And then he was gone. Everyone else admired Grandpa's speech about the heart of the cards but Idol stared out into the window just as confused as the departed Kaiba.

Later on in the night it was only her and Yugi. He had invited her to stay for dinner and she couldn't pass up free meals. As Yugi had finish, he'd got up from his spot to stretch, "I'm sleepy."

Idol had been quiet and kept staring off to the distance, "Yugi?"

"Hm?"

"I don't understand what your grandfather said... About the heart of the cards." She had gone up to walk over to her deck, "These are just new cards that we both got from this shop, I chose these cards because they go well with each other and to make sure I have something to play every turn." She picked up five cards and saw her combo appear, "How does the heart of the cards work?"

Yugi had walked over to her and held the cards she drew and placed a monster down with a magic card, "Because each card you chose was for a reason, no? This card appealed to you and you trust that this card will win you a battle, am I right?"

"I think so?"

"You have faith in your skills?"

"Of course."

"Then you must have faith in the cards you draw and play?"

Idol's eyebrows furrowed and thought of every time she had ever played the game: going back to that tournament... She had beaten every opponent up until Kaiba.

"I never lost a game, only got disqualified. But when I duel you..." She looked over to Yugi, "It's fun, because you're more challenging to beat because you have the best cards."

Yugi chuckled, "Not the best cards, Idol." He leaned closer to her, "I don't have Blue Eyes."

"Heaven forbid you ever get a blue eyes." She snickered as she nudged him. He nudged her back while laughing with her. They stopped laughing and just stared at each other, eye to eye. Yugi began to blush and Idol broke eye contact as she bit her lip, "Thank you," she said, "I kinda understand... I think."

Yugi smiled and gave her a wink, "I'll show you one day, then."

-=-

The Next Day...

Idol had helped Honda assembled his deck and Yugi helped Jounouchi during lunch time. Now they were helping them duel, Idol was behind Honda coaching him along the way. Idol and Yugi had to try their best not to play back seat driver, so Yugi ended up being referee and call out hints on either side.

"You can do this, Honda-kun!" Idol cheered and nodded as he picked out a duel monster card, "I summon zombie!" He placed his card on one side of the play mat, "And I choose the graveyard!"

ATK: 800
DEF: 500

Idol grinned as she thought it was the perfect strategy to start things out. Jounouchi had played a dragon card that had a high attack power of 1500 points. He cheered thinking that he won. Yugi then explained how Honda is the winner by showing them the differences between the fields on the play mat. Since the zombie card was on the graveyard his attack points are doubled. 1600>1500.

"Damn it!" Jounouchi slammed his cards down and Idol couldn't stop laughing. Honda gave a victorious smile, "My cards have the beautification's heart within them!" He winked at Idol, "Thanks for the help."

"A beautification like you as a zombie would be pretty dirty!" Jounouchi retorted as he stood up from his seat. Idol had rolled her eyes, "Here we go again."

Honda chuckled, "Don't be a sore loser."

Just then Anzu and Miho had walked in and greeted them. Idol deterred herself away from the boys and went to go join them at the door.

"Are they going at it again?" Anzu asked Idol and Miho spoke up, "Jounouchi-kun and Honda-kun have started to play duel monsters, too?"

"Yeah," Idol shrugged and she answered Miho, "They want to see if they can take on Kaiba." She stared back at them with narrowed eyes, "Now if they stopped bickering like a couple, then maybe they can level up a bit."

"That's THIS guy!" Honda and Jounouchi shouted at the same time and looked at each other, "WHAT?!"

"What did I tell you?" Idol thought to herself and then suddenly jumped as she felt a hand on her shoulder. Oh speak of the devil... Kaiba had walked up next to her and greeted, "Good morning, everyone." He looked down at her and smirked, "Idol, you're so jumpy."

"And you're a prick." She grumbled to herself.

Kaiba walked over to Yugi, "Oh, Yugi, by the way, about that phone call from last night..." Idol sent both of them a questioning look as she thought, "Phone call? What phone call?"

"Oh, yeah!" Yugi gave his usual boyish grin and nodded at Kaiba, "I asked Grandpa and he let me borrow it for the day."

Idol's ears twitched at what he said. She shook her head realizing what Yugi was about to do. No, no, no, NO!

"Thank you, thank you!" Kaiba cheered, "I've wanted to see it again so badly! Grandpa taught me to love cards and I can see it clearly now!"

She gave off this disgusted look at his unusual behavior and gasped as Yugi handed over the Blue Eyes White Dragon. Kaiba took it out of his hands and he admired it so dearly. You could practically see him drooling. He moved the card in the direction of the light so he can see the holographic shininess to it. His finger caressed the letters of the Blue Eye's name as he knew how real this card is. "Wow! It's amazing every time I see it!" One hand had reached into his pocket and Idol had caught that. She can feel her jaw clenched as Kaiba thanked Yugi and proceeded to give the card back to him. Kaiba accidentally dropped the card in front of Yugi and he apologized as he went to pick up the card. Idol's eyes narrowed at how much of an amateur Kaiba is about stealing one's card. She glared over at Yugi who appeared to not notice, "You stupid boy!"

"This card..." Kaiba spoke giving back the card, "It shines when the rightful owner has it." He thanked Yugi again before stepping out of the class. Idol stared at the door for a while before walking towards it. She felt a tug at her sleeve and she looked over to see it was Yugi.

"You're leaving already, Idol?" He asked so innocently and Idol can feel how conflicted she was when he is the way he is. There was a clash in her feelings. She was mad at him and the other felt something else. She tugged back her sleeve away from him and averted her eyes away from his, "Goodbye, Yugi." Was all she said as she stepped out and followed Kaiba. Yugi just stood there and he could feel her dislike towards him. Was it something he had done? He could not recall at what he said at her offense. Then he felt guilty. He didn't know why but watching Idol leave like that made his heart feel heavy.

"Idol..."

There was a very faint voice at the back of his mind. For a second, he thought it was somebody else's voice. Though, seeing as everyone else is busy with their own thing, it couldn't be. Maybe he was already going crazy. He shook his head and went back to his seat.

Over to Idol, she was purposely following Kaiba at a distance where he noticed her. Kaiba knew she was behind him so he kept walking at his own casual pace as he saw Idol or anyone for that matter nonthreatening.

"I don't care what you saw, I won't admit to anything." He made his way to the stairs that lead to the roof.

"How do you know I was going to accuse you of something?" She crossed her arms as she watched him made his way across the roof and stared off. She could hear him chuckling, "That boy of yours is really stupid and naive." He smirked over at her, "You should thank him for me when I leave this school for good."

"That boy is my friend and you have something that belongs to his grandfather!"

He chuckled even more, "Oh, you are truly hilarious!" He gave her a wicked grin, "Even if I object what are you going to do then, Natalie?"

It's been long since she has been called that. All Idol could do was glare at him, "You know it's weird to find you in a place like this with that kid." Kaiba went off, "Can it be that you went back to your hunter ways? Is this..." He showed her the Blue Eyes White Dragon, "What you were going after?"

She smirked, "Even if I wanted to go for a card like that Kaiba, I would have already and put it over your head just to have the pleasure in watching you beg for it like the hungry dog you are."

He cackled at her insult, "Natalie, you come here an act like the righteous hero but you are nothing! In fact, you are just dirty like me and a copy of Yume!"

Idol growled at him, "Don't you dare compare you and Yume to me! I am no one but ME!"

"Natalie, you never grew out of the hunter's shadow, you will always be the bad guy!" Kaiba smirked, "Would you like me to do the honors and show your true colors to little Yugi?"

Idol pulled out something from her uniform blouse and revealed it to be a duel monster deck, "I don't care what you tell Yugi, Kaiba, but that won't stop me from dueling you and taking that card back."

He rolled his eyes and brought his own deck out, "Prepared to loose again."

"Shut up and duel!"

Meanwhile... As class was about to finish, Jounouchi had stepped out first and noticed that Idol hadn't come by to their class. He went over the other classroom across the hall to see Mr. Haner putting his stuff away.

"Oi, Sensei," He called out as Mr. Haner looked over to him with a questioned look not recognizing the student, "Yes?"

"Was Idol in class today?" Jounouchi asked.

Mr. Haner scratched his head as thought about that troublesome girl. It was strange she had passed every assignment and test but her attendance was becoming a bother, "No, she wasn't."

Jounouchi gasped at the thought that maybe Idol knew about the exchange Kaiba did and went after him without telling him and his group.

"Is there something wrong?" Mr. Haner asked seeing his reaction. Jounouchi shook his head, "No, sir!" He took off running almost slipping off his indoor shoes and bumped into Honda who had the same look at wanting to knock some sense into Kaiba.

"Jounouchi? What's wrong?" He questioned.

"I think Idol is in trouble!"

And she was... Kaiba had drawn one of his strongest monsters, "Cyclops! Destroy Natalie's Skull Servant!"

Idol's LP: 700

Idol growled to herself as she drew another card. She can't keep playing this reckless. She had to keep trying. She saw her card and smirked, "Tiger Axe!" She placed her beast warrior card down on the plains field, "His attack is stronger than your cyclops!"

Tiger Axe ATK: 2300
Cyclops: 2000

Kaiba cursed as he discarded his cyclops to the graveyard. His life points went down from 1000 to 700. He hadn't realize that she had gotten new cards. Then again he hadn't really looked at her strategy at all. The time they played was hold to a stop. Kaiba now saw how she dueled. She was almost as good as him... Almost. He draw and grinned, "I summon Ryu-Kishin!" Idol looked at him as if he was crazy, "Oi! He has the same attack power as Tiger Axe!"

"I know, attack!"

"They cancelled out!" Both cards were now discarded to the graveyard. Idol's hands were now fists. She had to win! It was her turn now and she draw. Her eyes lit up at her trump card, "Neon Knight!"

Kaiba's eyes widened, "N-neon Knight?!"

Impossible she has one of the rarest cards- No, not just rarest cards, she had one of the rarest knights! If she has the other one, then he's finished! He had to draw a best card to match with it or else he's done for. As he drew a card he thought to himself, "No, I don't have to." He nodded at someone behind her. Idol caught this and before she turned around she was knocked out from behind. Kaiba scooped up his cards and chuckled, "Natalie, this wasn't your match to begin with." He looked down at her cards. Temptation overwhelmed him as he saw the Neon Knight rest on the play mat. He bent over to pick it up but was stopped as the door that lead to the staircase was slammed open, "Idol!"

It was Jounouchi and Honda who ran towards her. Kaiba left her cards there and looked over to them in shock. They must have followed her.

"Kaiba! What have you done!" Jounouchi growled just dying to pounce the rich boy in front of him.

Kaiba gave them an innocent look, "Nothing, of course. She fainted." He explained with a shrug.

Honda carefully lifted her up and cradled her face to see if there was any sign of damage. He then saw the slight bruising behind her head.

"Don't play stupid!" Jounouchi retort, "We know what you did!"

Honda glared up at Kaiba, "You switched cards with Yugi and Idol knew didn't she?" He picked her up bridal style, "You just had to knock her out before she exposed you, didn't you!"

Jounouchi stared at Idol's limp body in shock before he spat at Kaiba, "You bastard!"

Kaiba chuckled, "How mean! First you accuse me of stealing and then claim that I hit a girl?" Jounouchi couldn't take it anymore and went to grab Kaiba by his collar, "You prick! I couldn't stand you from the beginning!"

"You'll regret it." Kaiba smirked unfazed by the action which made Jounouchi even angrier, "You punk!" He raised his fist but before he could deliver the punch, a man grabbed his arm and his fist made contact onto Jounouchi's face knocking him back against the fenced wall.

Honda gasped out and made his way to him. He placed Idol to the floor against the fence and checked Jounouchi before glaring back to Kaiba and his two body guards who stood in front of him. He could hear Kaiba laughing in the background, "I hope you don't think badly of me, their job is to protect the next president... Which is obviously me."

Idol could hear the grunting and the sound of smacking and just overall frustration of bodies pounding to the floor. Her eyes opened and her body was alarmed and aware of the danger around her. She saw that her friends were getting beaten to a pulp and then saw Kaiba standing there with that smug look on his face. A growl rumbled through her chest and she stood up, "What. The. Hell! Kaiba!" She glared at him and saw Jounouchi and Honda on the ground with each of the body guard's foot on them, "You son of a-"

"Idol, you don't look so attractive if you keep using your mouth that way."

"Quit pissing me off!" Her nails were digging into the palm of her hands as her knuckles whitened, "This was between you and me! Why did you bring Yugi's friends into this?"

"What? Our duel? It was a joke, you were never going to win anyways." He chuckled and that set her off...

"Hey, douche bag! You know what I think?" She growled, "I'd say you duel like a girl!" She crossed her arms with a smirk, "But seeing as that would both be an insult to my gender and the fact that I am positive that my dick is bigger than your... Well let's just all assume you don't have the bait to take on a woman of my caliber!"

Kaiba gritted his teeth and he sneered at her, "You bitch!"

"Now, you might want to get some ointment for that burn, the medical facilities are down that way!" Her finger was pointing to the ground to indicate that the infirmary was located at the bottom floor...or the fact that she was pointing down to the magnificent underworld.

"Kaiba-sama, do you want us to do away with her?" one of the body guards spoke up as they awaited Kaiba's command. Kaiba thought about it for a while and he grunted, "No, we are done here."

Then the door opened to reveal little Yugi, "Jounouchi-kun! Honda-kun!"

Kaiba put on his innocent facade and looked over to Yugi, "Please listen, Yugi-kun, these three made an unbelievable false accusation!" He then pointed to Idol, "To make matters worse she claimed that she had wanted the Blue Eyes from the beginning that is why she became your friend!"

Idol's eye twitched and she muttered, "Kaiba, I'm going to kill you in your sleep."

"Did they say you switched Grandpa's card?" Yugi's voice sounded so timid as he walked over to them, "Because I noticed."

Kaiba and Idol's eyes widened at this. "So he knew? Then why didn't you say something?" Idol thought as she stared at Yugi in shock.

"Though... I thought you'd reconsider and would return it!" Yugi explained, "And Idol never knew that my grandpa had that sort of a card! That's not the reason why she's my friend! Idol has been there for me ever since we first met!"

Idol looked to the side almost feeling uncomfortable... She never knew the amount of faith Yugi has on her. She had come to realize how much of a good person he is and how much she had taken him for granted. Well the fact that his grandfather owns a game shop is an added bonus and the fact that Yugi's family are nice enough to give her a place for meals and an exclusive preview of new games. Yugi and everyone else never asked her for anything. Idol won't lie to herself, she has taken advantage of Yugi's kindness for obvious reasons of being close to the millennium puzzle. But... She never planned on any ill will for the boy. Her heart felt heavy as it weighed down her own guilt. "Yugi..." She muttered to herself and she could hear Kaiba chuckle, "How touching."

"But I was wrong about you, Kaiba! Give me my grandfather's card back!" Yugi grabbed Kaiba's arm, "That card has my grandfather's heart! Please, give it back!"

"Filthy hands!" Kaiba swung his briefcase at Yugi, "Don't touch me!"

Idol glared, "Kaiba!"

"A card is a heart? That is bullshit!" Kaiba glared at both of them, "A card is a card! When the proper person has it, its true power is revealed!"

He then turned his back on them, "Your grandfather is a fool and you shouldn't hold your dear friend Idol so high, Yugi, she tends to bite the hand that feeds her." He started to walk away and Yugi stood up to go after him but he was shoved back down again. A figure had hovered over Yugi which made him flinch, thinking they were going to hurt him. He heard the hits but didn't feel pain. He opened his eyes and gasped as Idol cringed in pain, "Now we are both even." She told him and Yugi had no idea what she was talking about.

"She came out of nowhere!" One of the men had exclaimed and she could hear Kaiba grunt, "It don't matter anymore, if she gets in the way then deal with it." and with that he walked away and Idol got up despite the pain on her back, "SETO KAIBA, YOU COWARD!" She charged at him but was held back by the goons, "Out of my way, meat heads!" They grabbed her by the hair and roughly shoved her back down to where Yugi was at. She held her head and looked to see one of them charge at her. She shut her eyes closed, preparing for a hit, and muttered, "Sennen..."

-WHACK-

She saw the goon fly back to where his partner was at. "What the hell?" Idol questioned looking over to Yugi who was glaring harshly at the Kaiba's body guards, "You hurt Idol!" His voice got deeper into a low growl as the millennium puzzle glowed. Idol blinked, "Well that's a peculiar transformation, it's almost as if they were one of the same."

"You little runt!" The other one went at him and Idol couldn't help but shout, "Yugi, get out of the way!"

Suddenly, Dark Yugi moved to the side, making the man miss. Yugi grabbed his wrist and elbowed the guy's chest making him stumble back. Then Yugi spun to deliver a kick to the same spot with a great amount of force to have the guy fall flat on his back.

Idol had her jaw dropped open, "Y-You? What! What the fu- I don't- How?! YOU FIGHT?...WITH FISTS AND NOT GAMES?!"

All he did was smirk and charged at the two guys. Idol kept shaking her head at how he successfully dodged the hits that came at him and in the end in laments terms beat the living hell out of the two whilst breaking their sunglasses in the process. Dark Yugi had dragged one of them next to the other. Both weren't moving but you could still hear them groan...well at least they're not dead. The victor wiped the blood away from his knuckles and walked over to Idol who was still looking at him just to make sure he wasn't make-believe. It was such a delight thing to see her in this state.

"Are you okay?"

"I... I..." Idol's mind had gone blank but her mouth kept moving, "I don't know whether to be frightened or aroused."

He chuckled and rolled his eyes at her behavior, "Come on, we need to get Kaiba before he leaves." He extended his hand for her to take. She snapped out of it and accepted his hand as he pulled her up. She looked over at their friends who were still passed out, "What about Jounouchi and Honda?"

"They'll be fine, let's go." He still had her hand and so she followed him taking a look back at the body guards one last time. Un-fucking-believable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa... This chapter is really long. Actually it's not even finished but I decided to use the ending part of that episode as a part 2 which will appear obviously next chapter lol

That's it guys you caught up to me. I wanted to put this out before the weekend hits and so this chapter can be used as an early birthday gift. Happy early birthday, Bat! AKA Yume ;D

Ok, ok I lied, Yume made a small appearance lol! She might not appear again till Bakura comes out ;D

I am so happy Seto Kaiba is finally here! And to top off this chapter here's a funny video to watch about the blue eyes white dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRi-cz0PjHI

If you guys are nerdy like me then you'll understand the title name XD

The cards used in this chapter are based off of Season 0 and Yu-Gi-Oh! original Bandai trading cards.