Birdhouse in Your Soul

A Call For Confliction

Idol has never been on school property for so damn long. The boys had set up a table for duel monsters and prepared for a duel. What did she do? She sat on the sidelines, with the back of the chair facing front and her legs were on either side. She told Kaiba if he did anything stupid then she beat the back of his head like he did to her.

"Yugi, you know you're challenging a duel monsters expert." Kaiba said as he calmly sat on his end with his arms crossed, "Think you can win?"

Dark Yugi sat opposite of him with his arms crossed as well, "I don't know, however, this duel monsters game will be different than before."

"I'll look forward to it, Yugi."

"I hope you know the rules, Kaiba, and not cheat this time." Idol sneered which earned her a glare from him, "Both of you will start with forty cards and your life points are two thousand. First to hit zero life points will be declared the loser." She finished with the rules and awaited for the game to begin.

"Game... start!"

Kaiba drew, "I'll start first!" He placed a card on the dark forest part of the field, "Level five gargoyle!" Smoke seemed to appear from the play mat and suddenly you could see the actual forest surround Kaiba's side of the field and there emerged and gigantic fiend with wings pounding away on his chest. Idol gasped she was just as shocked as Kaiba. The winged gargoyle let out a mighty roar making everyone aware of its presence.

"It can't be!"

"Incredible!"

"Didn't I tell you?" They heard Yugi spoke up, "This game will be different from all the others." He drew his card from his deck, "I'll block your gargoyle with Dark Dragon!"

Idol heard the sound of a droplet and saw something emerge from a dark lake, "A.. A dragon?" There was a growl as its jaws were open as it faced the gargoyle.

"Battle!"

"Go! Gargoyle!"

The dragon's chest rose and it spat out flames, covering the gargoyle. Idol could feel the warmness of the fire. The gargoyle however got the bad end of it, it howled in pain as it vanished. Kaiba's life points went down to fifteen hundred.

"My card?" Kaiba's eyes widened. Not only did the monster vanish but his card did as well! Dark Yugi chuckled, "That's right, Kaiba, the losing card is completely destroyed!"

"Whoa... That's something you don't see every day." Idol muttered as Yugi looked over to her with a smirk, "That's right, this is a duel monsters shadow game style duel, my dear!"

She was unaware of Kaiba's chuckling till they grew into laughter, "Interesting... Very interesting, Yugi Mutou!"

"What could possibly be amusing, Kaiba?" She questioned him.

He looked over to her with a crazed look, "This is the ultimate game I've been searching for, Idol!" He drew a card and he chuckled, "Yes! I drew the rare beast-soldier, Minotaurus!" He placed it down and shouted, "Materialize!"

And so it did. A large beast with a bull's head covered in battle armor was summoned. It carried what appears to be a mix of a sword and an ax. Yugi's dragon covered the armored beast with its flames but the beast didn't even flinch, "My minotaurus is superior to your dark dragon in both attack and defense!" Kaiba cackled, "No matter how much it struggles, it's no use, Yugi!" Then he commanded, "Go, Minotaurus! Tear that dragon limb from limb!"

Yugi's life points were now down to match Kaiba's. Idol looked over to Kaiba with narrowed eyes as he spoke again, "Go ahead, draw your next card! I doubt you'd find one that is better than mine!"

Yugi place his hand over his deck and drew his next card. He looked over to it, "Holy Elf..." He muttered under his breath. It was a card with a low attack and couldn't take on Kaiba's card. Though, it can hold Kaiba off for a while with it's high defense points. Yugi placed his card in defense mode, in which the card is placed horizontally. Idol's nails dug into the chair as she watched. She saw her friend's worried-written face. Can it be that he reached his limit?

Kaiba chuckled as he, too, played his minotaurus in defense mode. He thought to himself, "I can't play recklessly with my life points on the line. I'm just going to have to draw something that can attack the holy elf." He looked at his next card and smirked, "Already done!" He placed a card face down on the field behind the minotaurus card. Idol and Yugi noticed it. Dark Yugi had figured it out. The card Kaiba placed on the field is a power up for his minotaurus. Yugi drew his next card, hoping it'll be something to beat Kaiba's beast. He cursed under his breath, a zombie card that was too weak to beat Kaiba's current card.

"My turn!" Kaiba revealed his magic card, "I play the magic card growth!"

The minotaurus stood up and roared. It grew three times it size! Idol could see the Holy Elf looked over at her opponent in fear. The attack strength increased by twenty percent. Kaiba's beast is too strong now.

"Attack the holy elf!"

With a swish of its ax, it beheaded the Holy Elf and her card disappeared. Kaiba laughed out loud, "No card you pick can beat my minotaurus!" The minotaurus slashed again at Yugi's other defense position monster, which was the zombie card, "Give it up, Yugi! It's over!"

Yugi scoffed as he draw, "I won't give up."

"Fine by me!"

Yugi looked over at his card and smirked, "I, too, have a powerful card in my hand." Idol's eyes lit up as she knew what he was talking about. For the first time, she was happy to see the damn card.

"Demon Summon!" He called out as he placed the card in the dark forest side of the play mat. Kaiba gasped, "One of the five rarest cards?" How can these two punks hold possession of such cards?

"Of course, Minotaurus is no match for demon lightning!"

Idol stared in amazement as the fiend skull displayed fireworks across the board. The beast suffered as lightning coursed through its body. Kaiba's card then vanished and his life points went down to eight hundred.

"Now then, Kaiba, what will you do?"

Kaiba growled, "This is bad... I might have a card that can beat Yugi's demon but my chances of summoning it are too low." He reached over to his pocket to grab the card he stole from Yugi, "I'm just gonna have to draw it out my way and then I'll win!"

Idol saw what he did and gritted her teeth but before she could say anything she felt a pain towards her shin. She stared at him in shock. HE FUCKING KICKED HER!

"Idol, did you forget your name?"

She growled at him, "What.. An. Asshole."

"Now, Yugi, my next card is..." Kaiba's eyes lit up, "Excellent! Blue Eyes White Dragon!"

It emerged from the lake water, expanded its wings, and let out an intimidating roar at everybody in the room. Idol could see its eyes shone blue as it looked over to Yugi, at her, and the person who summoned it. There was a growl and Idol saw it as confusion, "The... The dragon its...?"

"Go! Attack Blue Eyes and destroy Yugi!" Kaiba commanded and the dragon bowed its head at Yugi and made this despair sound of a growl.

Idol shook her head, "This is unreal."

"What! Why isn't attacking?!" Kaiba growled, "Finish him!"

The blue eyes white dragon glared at the one who was commanding it. Idol then noticed the millennium puzzle glowing, "Kaiba, it seems that you don't understand this game at all. It didn't attack me because the blue eyes white dragon doesn't have your heart in it!"

Idol was just as confused as Kaiba, "You're saying the blue eyes knows loyalty to its rightful owner?" She questioned and Kaiba just sat there in shock. She took the words out of his mouth. The spirit of the millennium puzzle smiled gently at her and gestured her to come closer. Idol walked over to his side of the table and he pointed to the blue eyes, "Look closely, Idol, pay attention to its eyes."

Idol did so and all she saw were its shiny blue eyes, then it shone purple...wait... Idol gasped as she saw Yugi's grandfather within the blue eyes.

"No way..." She muttered, "This is what Yugi was talking about last night?" She didn't mean to say it out loud but Kaiba didn't really notice as he was still in shock about the whole heart of the cards deal. The blue eyes then eliminated itself from the field, leaving Kaiba without any monsters to defend himself from Yugi.

"No! Impossible! A card can't have loyalty!" Kaiba growled out, "It's just a card!"

Yugi disregarded that comment and proceeded with his turn, "I already have a magic card face down here..." He flipped it over to reveal it, "And now I will play it!"

"What!" Idol and Kaiba shouted.

When did he play that card?!

"Monster Reborn!" Yugi declared, "I can revive one monster from either my graveyard or my enemy's and the card I choose is... Blue Eyes White Dragon!"

"N-no! Not my trump card!"

Idol stepped back as she saw the Blue Eyes shined even brighter now that the dragon was with its rightful owner. Now it let out its magnificent roar, a roar that signified power and hope.

"Now Blue Eyes!" The spirit called out as he stood up, "White lightning attack!"

Kaiba's life points were now down to zero, "This can't be... I've been beaten!"

Idol looked over to the spirit of the millennium puzzle and she laughed excitedly, "That was amazing!" She threw her arms around his waist and embraced him, "You beat Kaiba!"

Yugi's darker self was caught off guard that he didn't realize his face was heating up. He looked down at the girl embracing him and smiled while hugging her back, "Thank you, Idol." He couldn't explain it but it felt nice having her close to him like this. He looked over to the shaken Kaiba and the eye of Ra appeared on his forehead, "Now, Kaiba, the penalty game!"

Kaiba felt himself get sucked into another world but as he looks back his body stayed there frozen and in shock. "What's happening to me?" He looked around and there were borders. Idol had pulled away from the dark spirit and gasped. Kaiba was now a monster card. The card had fallen onto the table. Kaiba looked around in this new strange environment. Fear crept up his spine as he heard various growls growing closer. That's when he realized, "Am... Am I in the world of duel monsters?" He was now faced with beasts of all kinds from all terrains. Snarling and baring their fangs at Kaiba who howled in horror. Idol shut her ears at the sound and her dark companion seemed unfazed by it.

"Kaiba, in that world, you will experience something similar to death," Dark Yugi explains as he grabbed his grandfather's blue eyes, "by getting to know these cards only then you will understand the heart of the game."

"Don't you think that's a bit extreme?" Idol's voice was quiet and there was concern for the boy written all over her face. The dark spirit narrowed his eyes at that, "It's only one night's worth of nightmares. Nothing will happen to him, it's all an illusion." He explained to her but that didn't make her feel any better.

"But, Sennen, that can cause him extreme trauma!" Idol shouted, "Stop the penalty!"

"Why are you so against this?" He questioned her as his voice raised, "From what I can recall, all the time I've known you, you deliberately banish any threat on sight!"

She scoffed at him, "All those times were different!"

"And Seto Kaiba is any different? You saw what he did to Yugi and his friends! Ever since he got here he's been causing you turmoil!"

Idol's eyes sent a glare as she crossed her arms and faced the other direction not having a reply for that. She didn't know why she was defending Seto Kaiba to begin with. Yes, he is an asshole but there was some information that he holds from her. For instance, her old best friend's whereabouts and what he knew about the hunters. She can't do that now that he is gonna be in a neurotic state. She can hear the spirit of the millennium puzzle sigh and felt his hand touch her shoulder, "Don't think I didn't notice, Idol." His voice was brought down to a more gentle tone, "I can see and hear everything through Yugi and I couldn't stand seeing him harass you or my host."

She began to walk away from him moving her shoulder away from him, "Let's just take Yugi home."

He gave off a disappointed look when she rejected his touch. He looked back at Kaiba's numbed state and glared. First, she had welcomed him with open arms and now she became distant. Why? What made her react this way? Was there a history between her and... "Kaiba." He spat his name out as if it tasted disgusting in his mouth.

"Hello~! Spirit of the sennen puzzle!"

He could hear Idol outside of the classroom.

"Let's go before the meat heads wake up!"

He shook his head at those thoughts that keep coming back to him. Why did he suddenly feel this way? What is is about that girl next to him?

"Hey." She suddenly spoke up, "I'm sorry for getting after you." He blinked at her sudden aloofness. She just keeps changing mood after mood it was driving him insane. Now he knew how his vessel feels. He let out another sigh, "I apologize as well."

She looked over to him with her hands behind her back, "Well that's something I don't hear quite often."

"Can we just keep walking?" He replied with a smirk and that went away when she wrapped one arm around his waist, "After you, then."

He accepted her embrace and they walked side by side.

"You are a strange girl, Idol."

-=-

The next morning....

"Yugi!"

He stopped what he was doing and listened closely to confirm if there was anyone calling him.

"Yugi! Quick!"

It was Idol. She sounds as if she desperately needs help. Then he started to freak out and jumped out of his bed, not caring that he threw his homework and textbook to the side.

"Yugi, hurry! Help!"

"Idol, I'm coming!" He called out worriedly as he skipped the last four steps of the stairs almost falling over and knocking over a set of picture frames. Her voice is coming from the outside. Is she in trouble? Is someone hurting her? He could feel his amount of stress rising. His millennium puzzle glowed slightly.

"YUGI!"

He barged out of the game shop to see her sitting on the side walk. Her back to him. Already dressed in her uniform for today with her wavy light brunette hair swept to one side as usual. He made his way around and knelt down in front of her.

"Idol? What happened?! Are you hurt?" He grabbed her shoulders and inspected her face for any kind of distress. Her face was contorted as if she was in pain and he felt a little aggressive at the thought of someone hurting her.

She looked up at him with a relieved look, "Oh good, you're here!" Suddenly a device was shoved into his face, "I've been stuck on level 50 for like the longest time!" (about 30 minutes..)

Yugi stared at her in disbelief.

"I've tried practically everything! I just can't!" Her bottom lip trembled, "Please, pass it for me?"

Yugi shut his eyes and leaned away from her for a moment and sucked in a breath, "IDOL, YOU SCARED THE EVER LIVING WITS OUT OF ME!"

"Well, I didn't know you were home and this is kind of a crisis for me so what better way to just shout your name instead of climbing up your window like a creepy boyfriend." Idol explained with a shrug as if there wasn't a problem at all.

Yugi blushed at the thought of them having that kind of relationship and he shook his head, "Why couldn't you just enter the shop?"

"It closed due to inventory?" Idol looked back at the sign on the door, "Plus, aren't you supposed to be doing the morning chores? Like sweeping the entrance?"

He sighed and stood up with the small gaming device at hand, "I'm doing last minute homework, come on."

Idol got up and followed him back inside the shop. Her eyes went from his face to the clothes...well pajamas he was wearing, "Hey Yugi, I just noticed the stars."

"Shut up, Idol."

Idol had made her way to the couch and Yugi came back down to join her dressed in his school uniform with the millennium puzzle lazily hung around his neck. She smiled at it, "Good morning to you, too." She had sent it a telepathic message, hoping it worked this time. The puzzle glimmered slightly for her and she shrugged. Good enough for now. After the events of last night, as they walked back to the game shop they had tried to work on their communication. Though, it's not the same when Yugi is around and is still unaware of what's going on around him. Idol was a little concerned if these blackouts were doing his brain any damage. It's bad enough that he gets hit in the head quite often.

"Do I have something on my face?" Yugi asked noticing that she had been staring at him for a while. Idol's lips turned to a smirk and she waved him off, "No, I was just admiring how you look in the morning."

"W-what?" He stared at her in shock almost dropping the butter knife and his toast.

"Come on, Yugi!" Idol whined as she stood up and got his bag, "We're gonna be late for the bus."

"Idol!" He muffled out loud since his mouth was full of his toast. He chased after her out through the shop entrance. He shouted a good bye to his grandfather before leaving who scolded him for eating and running.

"And you skipped chores again!"

"I'm sorry, gramps!"

Yugi was too busy looking back at his grandfather his face ended up ramming into Idol's mid-back. He grunted and grabbed a hold of her waist before he fell back on his bottom. He could hear her snickering as she helped balance him out, "Careful now, kid."

"It'd be nice if you didn't call me that." He pouted as they continued to walk. Idol enjoyed these kind of mornings. It was quiet and it was just them two. Sure, she enjoys having the entire gang with them after school but mornings seem less-

"BEAT IT, KID!"

"Chaotic..." Idol grumbled out loud, "I spoke too, soon." Yugi noticed here stopping and her eyes glared across the street near the alley. She had just witnessed someone getting mugged and Yugi had to grab her wrist to get her attention, "Come on, Idol." He urged so that the group won't give them any attention. For her safety, he had to get her to the bus stop which wasn't too far now. Idol didn't budge and someone had met her golden eyes. The individual smirked and got the rest of the crew's attention. Yugi noticed this and got a bit nervous.

"You like what you see, sweet heart?" One of them commented.

Idol had distinguished his accent at his attempt at speaking to her in English. She glanced at his clothes, which matched with the rest of them. She had identified them as kids from the eastern district of Domino City. You heard right, folks. This is what Idol does in her spare time (every night). Acting like some american hero at night, going around and memorizing the city. She looked over to the guy who was wearing a beanie walking closer to them. Her body went to cover Yugi and glowered at the guy who was now checking her out, "Domino High, huh?" He questioned as his eyes gazed over at her hungrily, "Why don't you ditch the bus and ride on this?" The rest of the guys who had caught up chuckled. Yugi had tensed up at his statement and felt himself getting angry.

Idol on the other hand was amused, "No thanks, I don't know where you've been."

"I've been everywhere, baby, I show you." He sent a wink and she crossed her arms, "By the way you look, I don't think you ever gone anywhere else aside from your mom's basement."

Then there was silence and everyone just looked at her in confusion. Realization hit her hard and she cursed, "Dammit, Japanese culture! Not the same as American."

She felt Yugi's hand around her arm, "Idol, the bus is almost here."

The beanie guy noticed him, "Hey, is he bothering you, babe?"

"No, now can you piss off?"

This got him angry, "What did you say, tramp?"

As she was about to say something, Yugi went in front of her just to gently shove her to other direction, "Excuse us, but we have to go."

"No one asked you brat!" The guy growled, "Now scram and leave the girl with us!" The bigger guy of the group stepped forward, "Let them go, we got other things to settle."

The threat was gone and Idol can feel herself relax again and the bus had taken them away from there. They arrived exactly at 8:20. Yugi had walked into his classroom and Idol followed just to greet everyone there before the bell rings. Anzu is always there early with Honda and then Miho arrives. Though, something was different around this time. It was too quiet.

"Unbelievable!" She heard Honda shout, "Jounouchi is absent!"

Ah... That's what's missing.

"This is a big incident!"

Idol tilted her head in confusion, "Why?"

"He's got super-human health!" Honda answered her and then grumbled, "But he's not so good in tests." Miho had a concerned look on her face as well, "He's never been absent."

"Is that bad?" Idol looked at how they were acting. It was strange. Anzu looked over to her and smiled, "Idol, you're like an alien."

"I always appreciate your compliments, Anzu." Idol said with narrowed eyes, "But I am serious, is the school system here more strict on attendance or what?"

"Not so extreme, Idol, but if you do miss a class you'll miss out on a lot and will fall behind." Anzu explained to her, "I assume you hear crazy stories from other students?"

"I think it's the fact that there are some crazy teachers here." Idol cracked a smile towards her then looked over to Honda, "Well, if this is a concern, do you have any means of contact?"

He shook his head, "No, Jounouchi keeps to himself too much." He placed his hand over his chin in deep thought, "Though, maybe after school I can go to his place."

"I would like to join you, Honda-kun!" Yugi spoke up, and then Anzu, "Same here, I don't work today." And then Miho nodded as well. They looked over to Idol to hear her answer. Idol averted her eyes away from the rest, feeling a little self-conscious, "Uh, yeah I guess I'll join in as well."

And so she did...

She aimlessly followed her friends and observed where they were going. Curious as to know where her friend lived. She frowned as they were itching closer to the eastern district.

"Honda-Kun." Yugi had spoke up deterring Idol away from her thoughts, "You've known Jounouchi-kun since middle school, right?"

"Yeah... But he almost never invited me to his place." Honda answered him and Idol only stared at him in curiosity. "I wonder why..." She thought as they stopped in front of an apartment complex, "Is this it?" She wondered out loud.

Honda nodded, "I was here only once a long time ago." He then proceeded up the stairs, "From what I can recall, it should be on the first door on the third floor." As they made their way, Idol could see the number of the apartment on the side of the door with Jounouchi's name on it. She blinked at it, "Wait... So Jounouchi is a surname?"

She didn't get her answer since Honda began pounding at the door, "Excuse me!"

There was no answer.

~knock, knock

Nada.

"Seems like no ones home." Anzu shrugged as Miho went ahead and opened the door like if she owned the place, "But the door is unlocked." She said with a smile as Idol and Honda stared at her strangely. "Miho-chan! You can't enter someone's place without permission!"

"It's okay." She giggled and motioned to the door, "A peek won't hurt." Her head poked in, along with Idol's underneath her. Then her face got full of red and black as Yugi's head went under hers. She tried to shake her face away from the madness called hair as Anzu and Honda peeked in as well. As Idol finally got rid of Yugi's hair from her face her eyes widen at the flying brown bottle coming at her. On instinct, she grabbed Yugi's shoulders and pulled him back. There was a crash, a smell of spiced whiskey reached Idol's nose, and then Miho and Anzu shrieked along with a man shouting, "Y-YOU SHITTY BRAT! -hic- HAVEN'T BEEN HOME IN TWO DAYS!" He hiccuped again. Honda apologized as he slammed the door shut and everyone made a run for it.

They stopped running when they reached the outside and panted. Except for Idol who started laughing. Honda stared at her strangely and she apologized, "Sorry, anxiety does that to me."

"Um, Honda.." Anzu spoke as a look of concern spread across her face, "Was that..?"

He didn't need for her to finish to know who she was talking about, "Yeah, that's his old man. He's been that way from what I've heard." He looked at all of us with a serious expression, "That's why he doesn't invite anyone over."

"Well that makes sense but his father said that he hasn't been home for two days." Idol picked up, "Do you know where else he could have gone?"

Honda frowned, "I'm not sure where he could be, Idol."

"Then, let's keep looking." Yugi said with a look of determination on his face. Idol smiled at that and placed a hand on his shoulder, "After you, sir." She said which made Yugi blush a little and started walking. There was a suspicious look glazed over Anzu's eyes as she saw how the two interacted but chose not to dwell on it. They walked to the arcade, Anzu's old job, Anzu's current job, a playground, one of the shopping centers which distracted Miho from looking, and a pizza place which made Idol hungry. Soon, the sun was close to setting and they had not found Jounouchi anywhere. They stopped walking and the sun was casting them a shadow which made Idol squint a bit.

"No, good." Honda spoke as his eyebrows furrowed, "He's not in any of the usual places and that's all I could think of."

Idol...

She turned around at the sound of someone calling her name but there wasn't anyone looking at her. She looked at her friends and they were still talking about the Jounouchi predicament. So who could..?

"Idol."

She froze and her eyes shifted downward to Yugi's puzzle. She blinked at it waiting for another call.

"Down here."

She tensed up at his voice and looked over to Yugi's shadow and two crimson eyes stared up at her, "Oh! Ra-..." She shrieked which made everyone looked at her in concern, "Rock!" She answered grabbing her foot, "I have a rock in my shoe." She knelt down trying not to draw attention to herself and made it seem like she was inspecting her shoe.

"Are you insane?" She hissed quietly, "Yugi's going to notice!"

"No one will see or hear me but you." He spoke, "I sense danger coming your way concerning Jounouchi and that gang you decided to toy with earlier."

"You need to learn how to mind your own business, Sennen."

"And you need to stop being reckless, my Sennen companion."

"Very cute."

"Idol?" Yugi knelt down aside her, "Who are you talking to?"

She looked at him and noticed he was the only one who noticed. She flashed him a smile and place her hands on his shoulders, "My imaginary friend."

He tilted his head in confusion which made him look adorable, "Idol, you're being silly."

"Nah," She pinched his cheek, "He almost looks adorable like you."

Yugi's face had reddened, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Idol had an amused grin on her face when she heard both of them said the same thing at the same time. Yugi decided to dismiss it and helped her up, "Honda said that he was going to continue searching for Jounouchi-kun."

"What about us?"

Before he could reply, there was shouting coming from one of the alley ways and it was also accompanied by a whimper. Yugi was the first to investigate followed by a disgruntled Idol. "And he calls me reckless." Soon everyone else had followed and Idol had gasped. It was the same individuals that approached her and Yugi earlier. Her finger rested on her pursed lips as she thought to herself, "Is this what the spirit was telling me about?"

Honda had scoffed, "Their uniforms are from Rintama High." Idol's ears had perked from that information, "They're all the same, lets get out of here."

Yugi had gasped, "B-but... That's Jounouchi!"

"Ah, so this is the danger." Idol had quietly observed the situation as Honda and Miho questioned why their friend is with the Rintama boys. They had just mugged the guy who had just accidentally bumped into them. Idol replayed the same thing from this morning, though, Jounouchi wasn't with them. She wondered, if they had picked him up after their encounter. One of them had just mentioned going celebrating this so called "J's" bar. Idol smirked at their stupidity, "Thanks for the info."

And then, Yugi had ran towards them...

"You stupid boy!" Idol had shouted at him in annoyance and Anzu nudged her, "Don't call him stupid."

Yugi had called his best friend out and Jounouchi made a little glance. This made the large group stop at look over to the small boy shouting at them, "Why weren't you at school today?" Yugi had questioned, "Why are you with those people?"

The boy in a beanie looked over and smirked, "Oh hey, it's the wimp and the whore from earlier."

Idol's eye twitched, "What did you just call me?" She almost looked like a snarling dog and Anzu had to hold her back before she did something stupid.

He ignored her and leaned over to Jounouchi, "You know them?"

"Nope." Jounouchi replied cooly, "Never seen them before. Let's go." Then he proceeded to walk with the rest of the group but was stopped by the big one. Idol labelled him the alpha. His hair was slicked back into a short ponytail and he had a cigarette in his mouth, "Jounouchi, you've gotten soft." He chuckled, "You shouldn't let some brat from Domino High follow you around."

"No, Jounouchi-kun!"

Idol had looked over at Yugi in shock, no longer pissed off at the name calling. She was surprised at how bold he is being, "Walk home with us, Jounouchi!" Yugi hoped he could get through his best friend.

"Hirutani-san, that brat is annoying!" The beanie little man said to his superior, "Jounouchi-kun doesn't know him so..." He charged at Yugi and his fist made contact to Yugi's cheek, knocking him back. Idol's pupil had dilated but she felt someone holding her back and it was a scared Miho. Anzu and Honda went to check up on Yugi while the beanie guy laughed. Jounouchi on the other hand didn't make a move, hell not even gave a second look back at his friends.

"Don't stress out our friend Jounouchi." the beanie guy said, "Make any more noise, and I'll kill you."

Idol growled, "Try me!"

"Is that a threat, sweet heart?"

"It's a promise, Rintama boy, you'll be first on my list!"

Anzu stood up and glowered over at her old friend, "Jounouchi! You're awful! I was all wrong about you!"

"What's wrong with you, Jounouchi?!" Honda shouted after though Jounouchi made no movement whatsoever, not even a peek, not even a sound. The Rintama boys had nudged Jounouchi to carry on and leave the Domino kids behind. And so they did laughing along the way.

Idol found herself leaning against the tree that was behind the bench in which her friends were occupying at the park. Anzu had given Yugi a wet cloth for the bruise on his face. Much to Yugi's dismay he endured the cold contact against his skin. Idol had began to hear Honda's story about the alpha guy called Hirutani. How back in middle school Jounouchi hung out with that type of crowd and how they picked on the weaklings only.

"Why he is hanging out with them now is beyond me." Honda finished, "Maybe Jounouchi had always admired him. I never did." His jaw locked at the thought of his friend leaving them behind to join with his old crew, "He chose them, not us... I don't think he's ever coming back."

Idol didn't care whether or not Jounouchi had changed. Her first priority was payback and then she can deal with Jounouchi later. She walked over to them, "Well there's one way to find out." Honda had looked up at her in surprise, "I'm going to investigate."

"You're kidding?"

She wasn't.

Yugi then stood up and walked over to her, "I am going as well." He gave her a look of determination, "I know that Jounouchi hasn't changed." Idol just blinked at him contemplating whether to tell him to stay with the rest or something. She noticed he wasn't holding the handkerchief that Anzu gave him. She could see the red mark almost turning purple. She grumbled to herself, maybe she could... No, it'd be too noticeable if she healed him. Then they'll question as to why she'd be touching his cheek when Anzu had already looked at it.

"Alright then, I'll go with you, too." Honda stood up from the bench and looked over to Miho and Anzu, "We'll see you guys tomorrow with Jounouchi-kun."

Anzu looked over worriedly at Yugi and Idol and then leaned over to Honda, "Keep both of them away from danger."

Honda had winked at her, "No harm will come to them."

Idol didn't notice the quick talk they had as she was still looking at Yugi's cheek, "Does it still hurt?" She had asked him and Yugi gently poked his bruise and then hissed at the pain, "I'm okay." Idol shook her head at the statement and then closed her eyes. Yugi wondered what she was doing. It was like she was concentrating on something. Before he went to ask what she was thinking about she had opened her eyes. They appeared to be more golden than ever and Yugi got a little nervous when she looked over at him. She leaned closer to him and Yugi began to blush, "I-Idol? W-wha-.." Suddenly, he felt her lips pressed gently against his bruised cheek. It seemed as if everything stopped around him. He had lost the ability of cognitive functioning and just simply stood there. The only female that had kissed him on the cheek was his own mother. Idol's lips felt really warm, almost hot, and just like that it was gone. He had to fight to gain control over his body before he toppled over.

"Hey, Honda."

Yugi heard Idol call out and he was surprised that she wasn't near him anymore. How did she get away from him so quickly?

"Where is this J's bar?" She asked him as Honda joined up with her, "Is that what they said?" Honda had asked as he recognized the name. Idol nodded and Honda began the lead. She looked back at Yugi who was still in a daze, "Come on, Yugi, let's go get Jounouchi."

Yugi only nodded, following after them. He placed his hand on his cheek and then gasped. The bruise was gone.

-=-

Deep into the alley there resided an underground American style bar with the entrance heavily covered in graffiti. Inside Hirutani had claimed one of the bar stools, his right hand man wearing the beanie stood next to him offering another cigarette. The other Rintama boys gathered around their leader celebrating the fact that Jounouchi had joined them. Jounouchi on the other hand, who sat alone on the couch, didn't stop glaring at beanie boy. A chill ran up to the Rintama boy as he felt Jounouchi's stares. Chuckling he questioned him. When Jounouchi gave no answer the smirk fell off his face and he was now trapped in a stare down. Silently judging Jounouchi's character and his relationship with the leader, he took a puff of his cigarette and said, "Jounouchi, you've been acting weird lately."

Jounouchi still said nothing and continued to glare. The previous event replayed in his head over and over again. He could hear painful cry that Yugi made when he got hit. Idol's threat at the attacker. Then Anzu and Honda shouting at him. He couldn't hold back his anger anymore. He abruptly stood up surprising the other boy. "In the end... I can't forgive you." Was all Jounouchi said. The beanie boy gave him a questionable look but before he even said anything...

Jounouchi had knocked him over the other side of the bar making the beanie boy knocked down a few empty glasses behind the counter.

"For hitting my friend, I can never forgive you!" Jounouchi growled.

Hirutani wasn't fazed at what happened. As a matter of fact, there was a sadistic glint in his eye as he chuckled, "Jounouchi, you finally look like your old self... I'm glad." He took the cigarette out of his mouth, "But I'm sorry that you chose to antagonize us." He stomped out the fire of his cigarette and ordered, "Get him, boys! We'll teach him a lesson, even if we have to kill him!" On command, Jounouchi was now surrounded. He smirked knowing that the odds were against him. One of them had flung his fist at him, which he successfully dodged. Jounouchi retaliated by kneeing the one who attacked first's chin and punched him out of the way. Though, he was unaware of the big guy who knocked him down from behind. Jounouchi, could feel the sting travel throughout his body and the force of the hit made him tumble down to his knees. Hirutani continued to sit on his bar stool with a smirk as he watched his boys take advantage of the fallen Jounouchi.

Now that Hirutani was satisfied watching a badly injured Jounouchi getting pinned down by everyone, he ordered them to stop. "Get him up and take him to the execution grounds."

Over to Idol, who's hair was now damp from the rain continued to run along side Honda and Yugi. They finally reached the outside to of the underground bar. Idol could read the sign outside labelled "J's". Before Idol could run any further she was stopped by Honda.

"What now?"

"It's too dangerous for you two to go down." He stated, "I need you two to wait for me here."

Idol shook her head, "No, I'm going with you!"

"Idol, I don't want to have to worry about both you and Yugi while I'm fighting!" Idol couldn't say much to that sentence. She knew he means well but she couldn't just sit in one spot at the same time. Honda looked over to Yugi, "This is going to get rough, I need you here with Idol."

Yugi at first didn't want Honda to go alone but the mention of Idol gave him a purpose to wait. Idol on the other hand narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. Honda had ran down the stairs and Idol concentrated on his presence. Yugi was beginning to feel anxious. He turned to Idol to see how she was doing but he caught her in that meditative state again. He placed a hand over his cheek wondering if it was coincidental that she had kissed him and the bruise had gone away. He wanted to ask her but it would sound ridiculous. He saw Idol's face expression turned sour. She opened her eyes and muttered, "No one's down there but..." Then she glared and it made Yugi back up a bit. Frowning he thought of how would she know?

Honda then came back up panting, "They're not here!"

Yugi's eyes widened as he looked to Idol, still glaring at the bar, and Honda, "But how?"

"I don't know but it looked like there was a fight." Honda grumbled, "This is bad."

Idol turned their attention to them, "Then let's split up and search for them." Honda took a while to answer but he nodded nonetheless, "Okay but if you find him, you come get me first, got it?"

Idol's eyes soften a bit, "I will Honda."

Honda approved of that and took off to the right and Yugi stared at Idol for a bit with a worried expression. She looked over to Yugi and smiled getting closer to him, "Yugi, promise me something."

"What is it?" Again there was that fluttery feeling in the pit of his stomach. She reached over and grabbed his millennium puzzle, "If you are in any trouble..." He noticed her hands were shaking, "This is going to sound ridiculous but I need you to hold onto this and wish for the puzzle."

"Idol?" Yugi frowned, "I don't understand."

"Just trust me?" She pleaded, "Remember the time you told me about how the millennium puzzle can grant you wishes? I need you to do that for me, okay?"

Yugi then smiled understanding that she was very worried for him, "I'll be fine, Idol." He gently made her let go of him and couldn't stop smiling at the fact that she really cared about him, "I'm going to go this way." With that he left her.

Idol had watched him go and disappear and sighed to herself, "Oh no..." She tangled her hands into her hair, "Why did I let him go alone?" Then she had remembered the reason why she was glaring earlier. She charged down the stairs to the not so empty bar. Beanie boy had steadied himself onto the couch and held his face while groaning in pain. He heard the foot steps and glanced up to a wet Idol. Chuckling he said, "Have you come to comfort me, sweet heart?"

There she slammed something onto the table in front of him. He looked over to see... "Some weird Egyptian scale? Is this a joke?"

"Let me tell you a little bit about a demon called Ammit."

-=-

There was grunting.

There was rain.

There was blood.

There was Jounouchi tied up in an abandoned warehouse getting beat to death yet again. How strange to see somebody else in that situation that isn't Yugi.

Jounouchi spat his own blood at them while the leader, Hirutani, grinned in satisfaction, "You look good, Jounouchi."

"Well, everything around here looks good." Jounouchi replied with a chuckle, "Compared to these baboons you call underlings."

That comment wasn't so funny to the rest who continued to throw punches and kicks at him. "Jounouchi, you haven't changed since middle school." Hirutani commented, "I always hated it that we think the same way." He began to reminisce the past to where he and Jounouchi were partners with nothing to fear, "But there was one thing that I could never do... You were my underling and yet I forgot to educate you!"

Jounouchi began to laugh, "I knew it! You brought me here to teach me." He won't admit it but it was beginning to hurt him when he talked. He kept going and smirked, "What's wrong? Is it over?" He taunted, "I don't remember a thing!"

"Don't worry, we've got a special menu." Hirutani smirked as well, "A full course of beating some sense into you."

Jounouchi's eyes widened as Hirutani's underlings brought out stun guns. Stun guns. All three of them had one switched on and waving it in front of him. Each were two hundred thousand volts. One of them got closer to Jounouch grinning evilly, "Here, have a taste!" Jounouchi reacted fast as he gripped onto the rope and shoved his foot straight the boy's face, "You piece of crap!" He was pretty sure that he knocked out some teeth. The guy had fallen back knocked out while the other two left went ahead and shoved their stun guns against Jounouchi.

"GYAAAHH!"

-=-

"Ku ku ku..."

Idol had been walking faster than usual to get away from the creature that kept following her. More importantly she figured out that Jounouchi was in trouble and judging by the screams of pain she heard, she had to get to him fast.

"Sachmis, you can't ignore me forever."

Idol abruptly turned to confront a set of crocodile jaws, "Okay, first rule of hanging out with me: Don't call me that. Second rule: Don't fucking call me that."

The chimeric beast laughed at her, "You can't hide forever."

"Alright!" Idol growled, "You had your meal now leave me be! You're distracting me."

"No, the next course is in that abandoned warehouse."

Idol turned around to see it slightly opened and glared at the beast, "Ammit, go away." She sped off to the warehouse and what she saw made her sick to her stomach.

Jounouchi had a lifeless look on his face and his body twitched as it swung from the rope. Idol's wrists clenched and she snarled, "You animals! What have you done to him?!"

"Hey, it's that girl from that one group, Hirutani-san!"

"Should we play with her tonight?"

"But I don't like sloppy seconds!"

Idol glared with gritted teeth and grabbed the nearest thing for a weapon, which was a broken pipe, "I am not anyone's toy tonight. I already dealt with one of your home boys now who's next?"

Hirutani cackled out loud, "You're not serious, girl? You actually think you can take us?"

Before she could reply to that, someone else did, "Not her but me." Yugi's dark alter ego made his presence known and Idol rolled her eyes, "Took you long enough."

"Not in the mood."

"You're never in the mood!"

He didn't reply but kept walking towards them. Idol just shook her head and grumbled, "Those two are going to be the death of me!" Her ears twitched at what the Rintama boys were talking about this time. She gripped the pipe in case someone tries to be funny.

"So, it's them dynamic duo again!" They all chuckled, "They actually believe they can save Jounouchi!"

One of them stepped forward, "Hey boy! This place..." He charged at Yugi, punching him in the same spot from earlier, "Ain't for kids!"

Idol growled witnessing the same damn thing that just happened and she ran at him raising the pipe, "I JUST FIXED THAT, ASSHOLE!" She whacked him across the face, she was pretty sure that she dislocated his jaw. Hirutani acted fast and grabbed the pipe before she swung again and pulled her by the hair, "Now you're gonna get it."

Dark Yugi had picked himself up, regaining his vision as he saw another boy with a stun gun knocked out in front of him. An idea sparked in his head as he removed the millennium puzzle and formed his plan of action. He stood on top of the tire wiping the blood from his lip and glared as he saw Hirutani man handle a very pissed off Idol. Great, how was he going to get her out of there?

"I challenge all of you to a game." He said getting their attention. He had hoped that she figured it out, before anything happens, "Haven't you notice?" He mocked seeing their faces, "I've planted a timed land mine around your feet."

"A land mine?" The boy left to Idol had asked, "What the heck is he talking about, Hirutani-san?"

"The timer is somewhere around here, can you find the switch on time?" Dark Yugi smirked, "If you can't then you will suffer a penalty game and be the victims of the land mine."

They scoffed, "He's bluffing, boss!"

"Yeah, he can't do that while we have his girlfriend."

Idol narrowed his eyes with a scoff, seeing as Hirutani hadn't let her go, "Of course he can, he's psychotic that way!"

"He's dead either way, I'll just hit him with my stungun!"

Then it clicked to them...

"DON'T USE THAT SHIT!"

Idol caught herself yelling with them. She tugged at the hand that held her hair while sending a glare to her millennial friend, "Yugi, I'm going to kill you!"

He said nothing but extended his arms at her. She stared at what he's standing and the millennium puzzle that was to the side that was hanging above the boy's... Her eyes widened at the sight. The stun gun is on. She started freaking out and she looked back at Hirutani who glared, "I see... He wasn't bluffing after all." He motioned around them, "Look at us, idiots, standing around in the rain, this kid lured us into this position."

The rest of the boys had this fearful expression on what could have happened to them if one of them didn't say anything at all. Idol took this as a golden moment. She placed on hand over the other fist and waited.

"I see the switch, boy!" Hirutani shouted, "We can't use our stun guns but we can still use our fists!" They all prepared to attack him but what Hirutani didn't expect was the pain that traveled from his testicles to his abdomen.

Idol felt her hair being released and she jumped forward. Yugi had caught her and gave a relieved smile. He felt her shaking and he wasn't aware if it was from the cold or out of fear that she almost had gotten shocked.

"You bitch!" Hirutani growled, "Get them both!"

"Times up, idiots." Yugi smirked, "And soon the switch will flip..."

They stopped and looked around. Hirutani was the first to see the boy who had been knocked out by Jounouchi earlier had his stun gun on. There was a water droplet that fell from the millennium puzzle onto the boy. This caused him to wake up and move his arm.

The Rintama boys shook their heads but it was too late. The stun gun had fell to the water shocking all of them. Yugi felt Idol's grip on him tightened, her face was buried against the crook of his neck. Soon their screams had died out and Idol had made a move to remove herself from him but Yugi kept her there. Idol had left her arms at her sides as he continued to hold her.

"Idol."

She stiffened hearing his voice so close to her ear. The tone of his voice sounded so tender that it made her feel nervous.

"I'm glad that you're okay."

Idol shook her head and then went to wrap her arms around him again.

"You're a pain in the ass, Yugi."
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to my little sister who keeps coming to me to pass whatever level she's on on some random ass game she finds on the app store.

Also... No, Lauren I did not name the bar "J's" after "AJ's" our bar lmfao this is straight from the manga.

I'm out!