Status: New!!

Crimson Day

Chapter One

~ Matt's POV ~

"Daddy?" Indiana asks sitting in my lap.

I look at her, "Yes baby girl?" I say playing with her hair.

"I want mommy." Indiana says teary eyed.

I wipe her tears, "I know you want mommy. I want mommy every single day." I say teary-eyed, "but mommy is up there in Heaven with uncle Jimmy watching over us now."

"I know, but I still want mommy." Indiana sobs into my chest.

I rub her back and soothe her, "Baby girl if I could bring back mommy for you I would, but I can't. Uncle Jimmy is taking care of mommy now. Uncle Jimmy is going to make sure that mommy is safe now." I say to her trying not to cry.

"What was mommy like daddy?" Indiana says to me sniffling and River looks at me turning his attention from the tv to me.

I smile at them with tears in my eyes, "Mommy was amazing. Mommy was with daddy since she was 11 years old. She was the backbone for Avenged Sevenfold. She made sure that Daddy always had a full belly and made sure that daddy and your uncles were levelheaded when we were touring. Mommy married daddy and was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. 2 months later after mommy married daddy, uncle Jimmy died and mommy made sure that daddy didn't follow in uncle Jimmy's footsteps. 9 months later you guys were born, and she was the greatest mommy I could ever ask for. She got up with you guys. She knew what each of your cries were, she played with you guys outside, she took you guys to see daddy play when I was touring, she made daddy the happiest man alive." I say wiping my tears.

"She sounded amazing. It's a shame I don't member her." River says pouting.

"It's okay little man." I rub River's back, "Mommy loved you guys. She's with uncle Jimmy now watching over all of us."

"What was uncle Jimmy like daddy?" Indiana asks playing with my fingers.

I smile thinking about Jimmy, "Uncle Jimmy was crazy. He was daddy's best friend since 2nd grade. Grandma Kim told me to stay away from him because she didn't want Jimmy to corrupt daddy, but daddy didn't listen. We caused trouble all over Huntington Beach. Uncle Jimmy was a genius. He was crazy at the drums. He could light up the room. He was always affectionate. He was amazing and I miss him everyday."

"I wish I could have met uncle Jimmy." Indiana says.

"He would have loved you guys. You guys would have had so much fun with him." I say kissing her forehead.

"I love you daddy." They say in unison and hug me at the same time.

"I love you guys too so much."

Hello, I am Matthew Charles Sanders. 3 years ago I lost my wife and River and Indiana's mother in a car accident. She was coming home from work when a drunk driver t-boned her vehicle. I was in the middle of recording Hail To The King when I got the phone call saying to come to the hospital. Indiana and River were with Michelle so I knew they were safe, and the only thing running through my mind was something bad happened to Val. When I got to the hospital they told me that there was nothing that they could do for her. They tried everything but her injuries were to severe. I broke down right then and there. Planning her funeral was my top priority and recording Hail To The King was put on the back burner. Her death hit us all very hard, harder then when we lost Jimmy. Michelle was destroyed. My son and daughter were born 9 months after Jimmy died. September 11, 2010, Indiana Rose and River James Sanders. Indiana and River are the ones that keep me going. I was in a dark place when I lost Val. I couldn't function properly knowing that I'm still breathing and she's dead. Brian and Michelle are godsends knowing that they were taking care of River and Indiana during that time, even though they have their own daughter to take care of. After we all grieved for Val and knowing that Jimmy is taking care of her, we all hunkered down and finished recording Hail To The King. What's tough is knowing that she won't ever get to see Indiana and River grow up. What's even tougher is being a single dad to two 4 year old twins who ask for their mother every single day knowing there's nothing I can do about it unless I take them to see her grave along with Jimmy's grave. Every time I look at Indiana I see Val with dimples. River looks just like me head to toe. I have help everywhere I turn like Brian, Lacey, Michelle, Johnny, Arin, Kimberly, Zacky, Meaghan, my parents, Val's parents, and Zoe Haner, but it's not the same. I just want my wife back. It's not fair that my children have to suffer without a mother and having to hear Indiana cry when she wants her mom. What has pissed me off the most about everything is that the fucker that killed her didn't even get charged for it. Right now Avenged Sevenfold is on the back burner. We just finished touring for Hail To The King and I'm more focused on my children right now and volunteering in their preschool class. Some days I'll even take Brian with me and the kids love when I take uncle Brian with me. Brian has a sister named Zoe, and let me tell you about her. When Brian talks about her, I get a goofy grin on my face and blush like no tomorrow. When she's in the room I clam up. I have developed a crush on her and I think Brian suspects it. Zoe is a godsend. She helps me so much. Much more then everyone else. She's only 4 years younger then me. She's beautiful beyond belief. The kids have taken a very strong liking to her. She's amazing with my children. She's got curves in all the right places, hair the color of chestnuts, eyes the color of the ocean, and sun kissed skin. I first met Zoe when I first met Brian. Those two look so much alike that I thought they were twins. I will admit that I have fantasized about Zoe a lot. More then I should. Sometimes I dream about her being the mother to my children that I have now and future children. I'm in love with that woman and she didn't have to do anything for it to happen.

I'm Matthew Sanders and this is my story on how Zoe Haner turned my life upside down and became my wife and mother to my children.

"Uncle Brian!!" Indiana screams in my ear scaring me after spotting Brian and run to him.

"Jesus fuck Brian!" I snap my head over to him and glare at him. "Don't you fucking knock?!"

He smirks at me, "I was knocking, no one answered, I let myself in, and I was standing in the doorway listening to you tell the story about Val and Jimmy to the kids." He smiles sadly. "I didn't know you wanted to follow in Jimmy's footsteps."

6 years later and Jimmy is still a sensitive topic to talk about Jimmy with Brian around or within hearing distance. Jimmy and Brian were two peas in a pod. When Jimmy's death struck, Brian was the worst. He 's slowly healing

I clear my throat, "Yeah I did, and Val made sure that I didn't do it even though I wanted to so bad."

"I'm glad you didn't. I wouldn't have my niece and nephew here if you did." He hugs me.

.I smile at him, "Yeah man. They wanted to know about Val and Jimmy and I told them."

He nods his head at me, "I feel you. I would have told them also." He smiles at me.

"Who's in the kitchen?" I ask him hearing noise and little children voices in the kitchen noticing they're not around.

He smirks at me, "Zoe." He states obviously. "By the way, you and her, I support it one hundred percent."

I stare at him dumbfounded, "What are you talking about?" I say nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

He laughs at me, "I know all about your crush and that you're in love with her." He smirks at me.

I snap my head over to him, "How did you figure that out?!" I hiss at him.

"It's all over your face whenever she's around!" He laughs.

I rub my hands on my face, "I didn't realize it was that obvious."

"It's cool man. It's time for you to get back out there and Zoe is the perfect one to do that with." He smiles at me, "I support it one thousand percent."

I smirk at him, "So how would you feel if I said that I want to marry her?"

"Fuck yeah!" He screams.

"Brian Elwin! You scream like that again and I'm gonna have to beat you." Zoe yells from the kitchen.

I smirk at him, "33 years old and still being yelled at bye your sister." I chuckle at him.

"Fuck you." He says flipping me off.

"Daddy, daddy, daddy." Indiana says running into the living room bouncing around.

"What, what, what?" I said smiling.

"Can Zoe take us to da park?" She smiles innocently at me.

"I don't see why not. Maybe uncle Brian will go with us also." I say to her smiling.

"Yay! River, we go to da park." She screams, then turns to Brian, "Uncle Brian, will you come with us?" She says batting her eyelashes at him.

I smirk at him while watching him squirm, "Yeah uncle Brian, will you go with us?" I smirk at him.

He narrows his eyes at me, "You fight dirty." He turns to Indiana, "Of course I'll go with you baby girl." He smiles at her.

This should be interesting and watch me make a fool of myself in front of Zoe.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it begins.

Let me know what you think!!

Comment!! Recommend!!! Subscribe!!!