Good Riddance

Twelve

I woke up the next morning lying in Billie’s bed to the sound of his beeping alarm clock. It was quite quiet and although the noise woke me up, it seemed to have no such effects on him. No wonder he was so often late to school! I put my hand out and finding the power button on top the of the beeping machine, I turned it off.

I rolled back over and the heavy feeling of sleep nearly overcame me again as I pulled the duvet up to my chin to keep myself warm but I shook myself slightly and managed to lean up on my elbow.

“Billie” I mumbled to him as he was rolled away from me. I tapped him on the shoulder and he groaned in his sleep, “Get up”

He didn’t seem to want to agree with me so I shoved him hard and because he was sleeping so close to the edge on his side, it made him fall out of the bed and hit the deck. That made him wake up. He didn’t say anything to me he just lay on the floor glaring up me, it made me giggle but it also made me relatively frightened. I moved back over to my side of the bed but he caught my ankle before I could move my legs out the way. I squeaked as he got back onto the bed and using the grip he had on my ankle he manoeuvred himself so his knees were either side of my thighs and he knelt up so I was trapped under him.

“That was not nice” he said to me with his arms folded over his chest. He was wearing black and red stripy sleeping shorts this morning and it didn’t make him look any more cuddly, with his hair spiked up in all directions.

“I asked you nicely” I said with a grin, “but you ignored me, so I thought more forceful measures were in order”

“But I wanna go on sleeping” he whined.

“Hey,” I said, “My mum made me promise last night that I would go to school today in order that I keep being let out the house at night and I don’t think being late would be a good way to keep that promise. And anyway you’ve got to call Jess this morning”

“Jess?” he asked puzzled still kneeling above me.

“Get off and I’ll tell you” I said.

“Ah ah” He said, “You distracted me.”

“What you going to do?” I asked him raising an eyebrow.

“Tickle you to death!” he said instantly and I shrieked before his fingers had even touched my body because I was intensely ticklish. I wriggled into a little ball as his fingers mercilessly assaulted my sides and laughed in earnest.

“Mercy!” I cried after a few moments, my eyes were streaming with tears of laughter and I could hardly breathe because I was laughing so much. Billie stopped and leaned back so he was kneeling up again as I recovered my breathe. I stuck his tongue out at him.

“Paid in full I think” I gasped once I could talk.

“Maybe” he said, “Now what were you blathering about Jess?”

“You need to call her because I need some clothes?” I asked, “I forgot to bring some last night so you said you would call her this morning”

“Ah yes, because you can’t go to school in just your underwear” he said looking appreciatively down at me as I simply lay waiting for him to get off.

“As much as you’d like it, no I can’t” I said to him with a grin. He nodded and moved off me, I went to the sink to clean my teeth as he went to the phone in his bedroom to call Jess. I didn’t really listen to most of the conversation but I heard him say that he had not abducted me at least once.

“She said she’ll be here in fifteen minutes once she’s got Tre out of bed” Billie said with a grin as he walked over to me.

“What is it with the monumental effort it takes to get boys out of the bed in the morning?” I asked rolling my eyes.

“I don’t know part of our DNA?” asked Billie as I moved away of the sink he cleaned his teeth as well. I went to get his duvet to wrap around me so I didn’t die of hypothermia on this December morning.

“Don’t” said Billie as I wrapped it around me.

“It’s really cold” I said, “It’s December”

“Come here and I’ll keep you warm?” he said. I reluctantly agreed and walked over to him letting him wrap his arms around me. He was indeed very warm and he was surprisingly cuddly for a boy I had just prized out of bed.

“Hadn’t you better get dressed for when Jess arrives?” I asked him uncurling myself from his arms.

“Jess has seen me in various states of undress before” Billie said with a shrug.

“You didn’t –?” I tailed off my sentence.

“With Jess?!” Billie asked catching my meaning, “Hell no, Tre would have cut off my balls and made me eat them if I’d have touched her”

“They’ve only been going out for a year though haven’t they?” I asked him as he moved to his wardrobe and chest of drawers to get clothes for the day.

“This time” he said with a grin looking up from the bottom drawer where he was currently procuring a pair of socks.

“This time?” I asked wearily, “They’ve been out before?”

“Yeah, they went out in middle school for a while, then in freshman year for about two months, broke up, went back out at the end of the year, dated for a year till the end of Soph year, decided to take a break and then went back out around about Christmas last year” said Billie trying to remember it all.

“So basically they’ve been on and off for about four years?” I asked counting in my head.

“Yeah, I guess” said Billie. I turned around as he stripped down and got dressed again. I guessed after last night I should sort of be over that...

***

“Put your hand on my waist” I said, “Both of them”

Billie did as I said and I put myself flush against his body, “The point of the rumba is that it is the dance of love and bodily contact has to be kept at three points when in hold; chest, hips and thighs. Now just sway.”

Billie seemed to be able to sway to a beat and he only looked mildly surprised as I spun out of hold and turned around to snake down his body, “Now move your left foot back and I’ll move mine and then bring back and do the same with your right so you have a very simply movement”

It felt great to be dancing slowly with Billie because I was doing what I did best. I spun back around and put my arms around his neck. I kissed him briefly, “Now that’s not part of the dance”

“I had guessed as much” he said with a smile and kissed me again. My wet hair was starting to dry but it was still clinging to my soaked clothes and I shivered briefly. Billie looked down at me and seemed to remember that I was dressed in really wet clothes, his hands moved to my jacket and top and we got rid of those pretty quickly. His hand went to too the skirt I had on and I hesitated for a moment before I nodded and he slid that off as well. It had an elasticised waist and it’s not as if he hadn’t seen me in my pants before. I bit my lip and I looked at the floor as his hand went to my cheek so he could raise my face and kiss me again.

Somewhere during the kiss he sat down on the bed behind me and drew me onto his lap, I pushed him slightly and we fell backwards, this was being very bold for me and he smiled appreciatively into the kiss. His hand was on my bare thigh and it went to rest on my bum, I didn’t protest although my heart was beating like a jackhammer. I trailed my hand to his chest and undid his shirt buttons and that was soon discarded. Our legs were tangled together and I was lying under him now although I had started out on top, not quite sure how that had happened. I moved my hands down his waist and to his hips which I placed my hands on seeing as it was a good a place as any, his lips moved to my neck and kissed downward, nipping in a few places. He nipped my collar bone and that made me do something I didn’t expect; I moaned and my hips involuntarily rose. His face rested on my neck for a moment as I realised what I’d done, my movements froze slightly as I realised that his knee was partially between my thighs, my hands were on his bum now, one of his hands was resting on my chest while the other was holding himself up.

He moved off me when he felt my unease and we lay flush against each other for a long moment.

“Sorry” I murmured after a moment.

“For what?” I heard the smile in his voice.

“For not.. you know” I said blushing, “It’s just as I said before I’ve never had a boyfriend before and I’m nervous I’ll do something wrong.”

“Scar, I don’t need you to... you know,” he said with a grin, “And as for you doing something wrong, you’re doing pretty well at the moment”

I smiled and his hand rested on my thigh. I wondered what he was doing and I half sat up but his other hand made me relax. I felt his hand move upward and now I definitely knew what he was doing, but yet I was still relaxed, I knew he wasn’t going to do anything that I felt I was uncomfortable with. His hands slowly went to my pants and pulled them down. I felt a bit stressed but more because I was scared of what he would think of me for letting him do this rather than worried for myself.

His fingers danced over my inner thigh and I relaxed completely as he touched me. He looked in my eyes to know I was okay and I wrapped my arms around his neck to tell him it was alright. The next things I couldn’t even describe to you, he moved back on top of me but rather than one hand resting on my chest, it was between us and what it was doing made my back arch and my hips rise at the new sensations he was making me feel, making me experience. I moaned his name into his passionate kiss at one point. Billie was certainly very talented with his fingers, when he was done I lay breathing heavily on the bed.

***

Back in the present I was brought out of my thoughts of last night by a knock at the door.

“That’ll be Jess with the clothes” said Billie going to unlock it. I smiled and walked after him, he hadn’t even noticed I’d been caught up in my own thoughts.

***

I felt self conscience walking into school that morning. Billie had his arm around me as usual but this morning I was attracting an unusual amount of stares. The reason was that because Jess had provided my clothes for the day, they were a) a little small and b) not what I usually wore. She had given me a black skirt which reached down to just above her knee but because I had longer legs that she did it came to about mid thigh, there was at least six inches of thigh on show and I was wearing a white singlet and a jacket that were also a little small so they made my boobs look bigger. I had my converse on so it toned it down a little but I still felt as if I was sticking out like a sore thumb.

“Everyone’s staring” I whispered to Billie as we walked into A block where my homeroom was.

“Let them stare” he said to me with a smile, “You look fantastic babe”

I saw Marie stood by the French block smoking a cigarette, she swore at me but I didn’t do anything back, I merely pretended I hadn’t seen her. We went inside A Block, we had left Jess at the gate to go park her car and she had met up with Tre again.

“Do you have dance class tonight?” asked Billie as we stopped outside my form room door.

“No, I should have ballet but Mandy’s away at a course; so it’s cancelled” I said.

“Cool, I want to take you somewhere” he said.

“Another surprise?” I asked him.

“Not a surprise, more of the world’s best kept secret”

“Great” I said, “Something else I didn’t know about”

Billie just grinned at my sarcasm as the bell for homeroom rang.

“I’ll see you first period?” asked Billie, “In the snug”

“I can’t babe” I said, “I’ve got double maths first thing and Mr Carlson has already threatened me with telling my parents about all the stuff, so I can’t miss his lesson”

“Dick” muttered Billie under his breath.

“I’ll see you at break?” I said, “And I’ve got double physics afterwards which I have no desire to go to, you’ve got music tech haven’t you?”

“Yeah” he said, “But you’re homeroom teachers glaring at us, so I better go”

“Alright” I said with a grin glancing into the room where Miss Fisher was looking at me, “See you later”
Billie kissed me quickly but passionately and then I broke away and entered the homeroom just as the late bell rang.

“Now that Miss Robertson has decided to stop seducing her boyfriend in the corridor, we can proceed” said Miss Fisher acidly as I took up my position at the back of the class.

The maths lesson next passed in a haze of boredom. We were doing linear graphs and there was nothing I hated more in maths than drawing graphs, it was so dull! I looked around the room and saw that everyone else was in a similar state of mind, there were two girls asleep at the back; they looked beat. They were called Alicia and Blue and although they were nice to me, we didn’t hang out because they were part of the group which Bolt and James led.

Tre still hated James’ guts.

I went to the snug afterwards and I met them all in there.

“Hey guys” I said as I walked in.

“Hey” Mike was the only one that answered me. Billie had headphones on, Kiera was concentrating on some sort of calculus and Tre and Jess were currently sharing what looked like a pepperami. Whatever.
I walked over to Billie and tapped him on the shoulder, he looked up and smiled at me. I kissed him on the cheek before turning away from him.

“So you ready for tomorrow night then?” asked Kiera looking up from her calculus.

“Yeah” I said, “Not quite sure what I’m going to wear though. I’m sure I’ll find something”

“Well as I’m coming back to yours after school, I’ll help you” said Jess with a grin.

“Yeah okay” I said, “You sure you can’t come K?”

“Sorry, I’ve got to go back to mine, my dad wants me to actually be seen tomorrow at some point seeing as I’m staying at Billie’s with Mike tonight” she said.

“Where are you staying tonight then?” I asked Billie.

“Mine” he said, “Mike and Kiera aren’t allowed to have sex while I’m in the room or at least consciously aware of it so they have to behave”

I blushed, not quite sure why and Billie grinned at me. He looked so devishly mischievous at that moment and it made me blush deeper.

“What are you blushing about?” asked Jess fast to pick up on it.

“Nothing” I said, “Just remembering something I forgot to do”

“Yeah sure I believe you” she said rolling her eyes. The bell rang and thankfully I was spared the embarrassment of her questioning me further. The others all got up and left and I was just left in the room with Billie.

“I’ve actually finished what I had to do this lesson and if I hand in my work to Mr Yorke at the end of lunch, everything will be fine” said Billie, “So what do you wanna do?”

“Can we go for a walk?” I asked him.

“You do know it’s the 4th of December right?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I said, “I’m not daft. I’ve got a coat, so have you”

“I suppose” he said and got up from the chair, “I’ll take you to my mum’s cafe for lunch?”

“Erm... you don’t have to, I mean-'

“Scar I want to” he said cutting me off and putting his arm around me as we left the snug. I smiled up at him and turned backwards to push the door open. I walked into someone and turned around with a blush creeping up my face but I smiled when I saw it was Zach.

“Hey Zach” I said as we stepped outside, he was stood there with his sister Sandy, Sandy was a fresh, maybe he was showing her around.

“Hey Scar” said Zach completely ignoring Billie, “Why are you not in class?”

“Going out” I said, “I don’t wanna go to physics”

“Oh” he said his eyes flicking over my shoulder to Billie, “That’s not like the Scarlett I know”

“People change” I said trying to keep the conversation light.

“So I see” Zach said with his eyes narrowing, “Sometimes not for the better when they get influenced by others”

“Zach!” Sandy and I both said at the same time as Billie shoved past me and went over to Zach, I grabbed his arm because I was scared Billie was going to hit him.

“Billie!” I said, “Let’s go”

Billie didn’t seem to hear me he just glared at Zach.

“Come on then Armstrong, anytime you think you’re man enough” said Zach.

The two boys were glaring daggers at each other and Sandy had her hand on her brother’s shoulder while I was gripping Billie’s arm I couldn’t believe they’d taken this immediate dislike to each other because of me. It the stupidest thing I’d ever seen; they didn’t even know each other. I suspected that this didn’t matter.

“Zach, come on” said Sandy, “I’ve got to get to Home Ec and I don’t know where it is”

There was a lengthy pause while the two boys squared up to each other a little more but then Zach dropped it and turned away from us.

“I’ll see you later Scar” Zach said as he walked away, “Sandy and I are coming round to tea with mum”

“Oh,” I said, “Okay”

Billie turned back to me when he’d gone.

“Calm” I said before he could speak, “He’s not worth it”

Billie searched my face and saw that I was telling the truth. He nodded and kissed me chastely before resuming his previous position; his arm slid around my shoulders and I put my hand in his back pocket and we continued our walk out of school.