Status: Hi everyone. I am really excited about this book and will try to update asap

All's Fair in Love & High School

Chapter 1

FLASHBACK:
“Victoria wait!” I heard that familiar voice that I loved so much shout out at me, but I continued walking trying desperately to get away.
“Wait!” he shouted again. I could hear his footsteps gaining up on me. I’m furious, numb, and heartbroken all at once. As much as I didn’t want to hear what he had to say, I stopped dead in my tracks. I slowly turn around but continue to keep my eyes staring at the concrete. There is no way I can look at him. Once he reached me standing at the end of his drive way, I noticed he was trying to catch his breath. I took a quick glance at him to see his bare chest shining brightly against the sun. He bent over and rested his hands on his knees gasping for air.

“Look… Tori… It is not what you think…” he started while trying to catch breaths in between his words. Not this typical cliché line again.
“Oh please Kyle. Your full of shit, and I’m done. I won’t allow you to keep hurting me.” I shouted and began trying to escape this unforgivable situation he has put me in. Kyle grabbed my arm trying to stop me, but I shook him off quickly. How dare he touch me after he touched that… that whore in there.

“Don’t ever in your life touch me again. You got that? I don’t want you touching me, looking at me, or even thinking about me. Just…leave me alone. This… I can’t do it anymore. Goodbye.” And just like that, I walked away leaving him standing in driveway alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
“Hey!! Hello? Earth to Tori! Wake up!” I suddenly blinked several times trying to come back to reality once I noticed my best friend snapping in my face and yelling at me.
“How can this be Rochelle? How can he come back? Just when I’m starting to get over everything that happened and move on with someone else. Someone new or at least try to get back into the dating world.” I can’t believe this asshole popped up out of nowhere. I stood across the hall watching the guy who broke my heart and left me a wreck, Kyle Hickerson.

He is your typical handsome guy. Nice caramel skin color, with a great haircut. Not too tall, but not too short either. And let’s not forget he has perfect teeth. There is just one thing that makes him different from the rest of the conceited jerks in the world; he’s not an athlete. He is your normal all around guy. I guess he is popular because of his looks.

He was leaning against his locker talking to this blonde haired girl that looked like she just walked off a street corner. Well, I am not surprised. He is a male whore after all. Of course he would be talking to any and every girl.
While shaking my head, I start to reminisce about the first time we met. It was at the first football game last school year, which was our junior year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FLASHBACK:
“Yes!! Let’s Go Bears!” an excited Rochelle screamed to the top of her lungs. Wow, she got some strong wind pipes. The crowd was in a frenzy as I seen that we was tied with the opponent team 20-20.
“Rochelle! It is not that serious. It is just a stupid football game.” I said while shaking my head in disbelief. She quickly sat down after giving me the ‘oh shut up’ look.
“I know, but I just like feeling apart of the crowd. It gets me excited when I’m around other excited people.” She said while laughing. Rochelle has been my closest friend ever since the eighth grade. I can trust her with anything and now we are starting our junior year in high school. Everything just seems to be moving so fast.

“Hey Tori. You got a stalker I see.” Rochelle said while winking behind me. I turned my head but had no clue who she was talking about.
“Who are you talking about Ro?” I asked looking at her again.
“The guy in the black hoodie with the letters ‘B.E.A.R.S’ on it. He’s with 3 other guys.” I turned back around and spotted him right away. He noticed me looking and turned his attention to me. He smirked at me and I blushed instantly. I quickly diverted my attention back to Rochelle.

“Well, what do you think? He’s cute, right?” Rochelle asks me like she don’t already know my answer.
“Of course he is, but that don’t mean that I’m going to talk to him.” I said with a fake attitude.

“Is that right?” an unfamiliar voice spoke behind us on the bleachers. I looked at Rochelle to see that she was looking behind me with wide eyes. I turned slowly to see the guy that I made eye contact with just a few minutes ago.
“I- I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that in a bad way.” I stuttered. He smiled at me and I felt my heart melt. He has the most amazing smile I have ever seen. I turned back to Rochelle and she was also staring at him.
“Rochelle? ROCHELLE?” I yelled the second time because she act like she suddenly got a hearing problem.
“Yea? What?” she said startled. “Maybe we should go get something from the concession stand.” I suggested while giving her a look. She nodded and we both stood up getting ready to leave.

“Wait. Can I have minute with you?” He asks me and I look back at Rochelle. She hurriedly nodded with excitement and then quickly left me. Sigh. Now what am I supposed to say or do? I thought in my head.
“So… What do you want?” I asks but not in a mean way… I don’t think. “I can’t talk to you? What’s your name?” he asks me while looking into my eyes. I never had a boy do that before. Star into my eyes. It’s like he’s looking into my soul.
“Victoria. Victoria Hawks. What about you? Mind telling me your name?” I asks him.
“Actually I do mind telling you my name. That’s confidential, but thanks for telling me yours.” He says while smirking at me. You have got to be kidding me. I rolled my eyes and stood up getting ready to go meet up with Rochelle. His soft laugh and grabbing my wrist gently is what stopped me. I feel all fuzzy inside now. His hand is so warm. I turned to look back at him wanting an answer.

“I was just kidding. My name is...Kyle” He spoke softly. I smiled gently at him. “Kyle, huh? Never would have guessed.” I said also smirking at him.

“What is that supposed to mean?” He asks and I just simply laugh. “Nothing. It means nothing. How come I’ve never seen you at this school before?” I really wanted to know that question.

“I just transferred this year.” Hmm, wonder what school he use to go too.
“From where?” I asks like its nothing. I mean, it is just a normal question. He leaned closer to me and I can feel my heart beat increasing.

“Wouldn’t you like to know” he said but once he spoke he didn’t back away. He stayed inches from my face, staring at me with those beautiful light brown eyes. Am I hypnotized or something? I feel like it.

The next thing that happened was something that I definitely was NOT expecting. And before I knew it, he pecked me on the lips and then ran off laughing like a maniac.
What the hell? Did he just take advantage of me while I wasn’t paying attention? I’m going to kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*RINGGGGGG*
The bell rings signaling the beginning of lunch. I walk out of class behind the rest of the students and head to my locker to put my books away. While I was walking, I feel a pair of hands cover my eyes and I abruptly stop.
“Okay. Who is this?” I say while giggling. The person didn’t speak and I started getting butterflies in my stomach. Kyle? No. It can’t be him trying to have fun with me when we ended things on bad terms.

“It’s me Tori.” That familiar voice spoke. I smiled widely and turned to give my close friend Dave a hug. I have known Dave Timmons for a couple of years now, but we didn’t really start talking on a friendship level until Kyle left town soon after we broke up. He is so interesting and really knows how to make me smile. Next to Rochelle, he is also my best friend. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t developing feelings for him.

“Where have you been all day?” He asks me as we continue walking to my locker. “I’ve been around. The question is where have you been?” He shrugs and smile sweetly at me. Aside from Kyle, Dave also has an outstanding smile and his body is to die for. I do not know why I didn’t find him attractive all these years. His personality is probably what attracted me to him. We spent just about the whole summer hanging out and we talked on the phone for hours every day.

Once we get to my locker, I put my books in and quickly close it. We stand there for a minute looking at each other and smiling. I don’t know why I’m smiling but it happens whenever I’m around him.
“Did you think about what I asked you yesterday?” He asks me all of a sudden. I knew he was going to bring it up.
“Yea, I’ve thought about it.” He grins and I can’t help but laugh, “Yes. I will go out on a date with you.” He picks me up and swings me around in circles in the middle of the hall.
“Put me down Dave!! People are staring.” I say while laughing my ass off. I feel myself being put back on the ground and I look around us to see everyone giving us a weird look. I was fine with all of the meaningless looks until I seen one specific person staring dead at me.
He looked upset but his facial expression changed quickly. Smirking? Really? And just like that he walked away.

Without looking at Dave, I said “Hey Dave. Remember, Kyle? The guy that I told you broke my heart?” “Yea. What about him?” he said suspiciously.
“Well, he’s back. And we are always so honest with each other, and I just wanted to let you know.” I finally got the strength to look at him.
“Well, he is old news and I can definitely take your mind off of him. How does tonight at 7:00pm sound? I’ll pick you up.” That made me smile widely.
“Tonight is perfect. We better get to lunch before Rochelle starts blowing up our phone. Oh shoot. I have to go to the ladies room. I’ll meet you guys in there.” I said about to head to the restroom.
“You sure?” He asks with a worried look. “Yea. I really have to go. See you in a minute.” And with that, I walked off in a hurry.

Got to go. Got to go. Got to go. I kept repeating in my head. I rushed in the restroom and handled my business. Once I was done in the ladies room, I walked out and turned the corner to come face to face with no other than Kyle himself. He was leaning against the wall and it seemed he was waiting for me.
I scrunched up my face and walked right past him.
“Come on Victoria, don’t ignore me.” He begged. “Didn’t I tell you to leave me alone? Bye.” I said with attitude and continued walking. He jumped in front of my path and blocked my way. “Move Kyle. And I’m serious. I don’t want to talk to you.” I walked around him but he jumped right back in front of me.

“Okay. Look. I just want to talk. How have you been? You look beautiful as always.” Oh my goodness. He looks even better up close. His eyes are just begging for forgiveness. What am I doing? I need to get away from him. “I need to go. Goodbye.” I ran past him all the way to the cafeteria where I saw Dave and Rochelle sitting at a table laughing and eating. I walked to the lunch line and got my food before heading to the table to join my best friends.
After I was seated, I jumped right into the conversation.

“What are you talking about Rochelle? That movie is going to be awesome.” Dave said giving Rochelle this crazy look. I couldn’t help but laugh at his facial expression. “Whatever. I think it’s going to suck. You suck for thinking that it’s going to be awesome.” Rochelle retaliated. These two are like children when they get together. They are seriously my entertainment.

I turned my head slightly to see Kyle sitting at a table near by throwing daggers my way. Even though he’s giving me the evil eye, I still find him extremely sexy. Stop it Tori. He hurt you badly and you’re done with him. He is your past and Dave is your future. Yea, I just have to keep telling myself that over and over, but we hold so many memories. The dates, secrets, make out sessions, and love. Maybe that is the problem. He is the first guy I fell in love with.

“Tori? Hey, Tori?” I shook my head and looked in Dave’s direction. “Yea?” I said acting like nothing happened. “Are you okay?” he asked looking at me closely. “Yea, I’m good. I’m just going to go get some fresh air. I’ll be back.” Rochelle and Dave both nodded and continued talking about whatever movie they were talking about. I walked out of the double doors and into the court yard where a few other students were hanging out.
I walked to an area where nobody was around and sat down on the bench with my head tilted back. I can’t think about Kyle. He…He hurt me and that should be reason enough to leave him alone and hate him. Why don’t I hate him? Uh. I’m beginning to get frustrated now.

All of a sudden, someone startled me by sitting next to me. Whoever it was must walk swiftly because I didn’t hear anyone approaching. I looked to my left and grunted when I saw who it was.

“What now?” I said annoyed. “Nothing.” He said back and neither one of us said another word for a couple of minutes. He’s not talking to me. I wonder what he’s thinking.

“I’m sorry Victoria. I really didn’t intend to hurt you… I’m sorry.” I was expecting that. Is this really his sincere apology? His words left me speechless so I decided I’ll just I keep my eyes closed and my head tilted back.

A couple of more minutes went by and then I felt him get up and leave. A part of me wanted him to stay and the other part of me was relieved that he left.
I let out the deep breath that I have been holding in this whole time and finally opened my eyes. There is only one question I have to ask myself right now…
“What do I do now?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked the first chapter.