Status: Hi everyone. I am really excited about this book and will try to update asap

All's Fair in Love & High School

Chapter 2

“Thanks for the ride Rochelle. I’ll be sure to call you to tell you how my night with Dave goes.” I spoke while stepping out of the passenger seat of her Range Rover that her parents got her for her birthday last year. Isn’t she just the luckiest of them all?

“Okay. And you bet not forget. Oh, and just let the whole Kyle situation be. Try and enjoy your night with Dave girl.” She shouted out the window. I gave a light nod and wave in her direction before entering my front door.

“Mom. I’m home!” I yelled while heading to my room. I know she’s here because her car is in the driveway. I heard footsteps approaching me from behind and turned around to see my mom standing in the doorway.

“Well, hi there. How was school?” She asked simply. I walked the distance and gave her a long hug.

“Ummm, is everything okay baby? Why are you hugging me like you didn't just see me this morning?” I laughed lightly and then pulled away.

“...Kyle is back mom. He's back at school and-” I was cut off when my mom suddenly said “are you fuc**ng kidding me? Excuse my language sweetie, but are you serious. After that fight I had with his mama, I thought that they would never come back.” I watched as my mom bit her lip in shame and looked everywhere but at me. I shook my head with a smile on my face.

“Mom, that was over a year ago. And he didn't mention it or anything when he spoke to me today.” I said and walked to my bed to put my backpack down. “Oh thank goodness. I almost cut that women but anyway, you have to deal with whatever is thrown your way. Now, I know that you and Dave got something going on.” I gave her a 'yea right' look and smacked my lips.

“Girl, do I look like a fool? I can see between the lines.” She said while sipping on a glass of orange juice that I didn't even notice that she was holding. “Well...Dave did ask me out today. He's picking me up at 7 tonight.” I gushed and started jumping up and down.

My mom ran over and started jumping up and down with me. We are so silly. We both just started laughing afterward a bit out of breath.

“See, that is what I'm talking about. Move on with your life baby. Remember that it is your life, and it is your senior year. Don't let some boy ruin that for you. I want you to enjoy this year sweetheart. The only thing you should be worrying about is your school work. Grades have to be on point for those colleges.” Mom started jumping up and down again but this time I simply stared at her. Yes, I am excited about college but I am also nervous.

“Mom, I would like some privacy to start getting ready but thanks for the support.” I said awkwardly patted her on the shoulder lightly. We laughed again and then she left.

I received a text from Dave about 20 minutes later saying to work something nice and simple. I smiled at the text and sent the word 'okay' with a smiley face.

I looked at the pile of mess that I call my clothes laying on my bed and rumbled through them. I pulled out some cute faded skinny jeans and a nice one shouldered blouse.

I ran to the restroom and took a nice 15 minute shower. I would have taken a bit longer but I need to get started on my hair. I took care of my hygiene and then went to put on my clothes. I looked in the closet where I line up all of my shoes along the wall.

“Hmm, what shoes to wear.” I tapped my chin and finally decided to go with my black three inch ankle boots. Yes, this will go perfect with my jeans.

I got dressed and then went to the bathroom mirror. I looked at my hair and it looked a hot mess. My hair went past my shoulder but didn't reach the middle of my back. It was just how I liked it. I thank my mom for giving me her amazing hair.

I'm thinking a cute curl would be sexy. Yea, maybe I will curl it. I plugged up my curl iron and went to work. It took me a minute and when I was finally done, I took a peek at the clock. 6:45? I ran out of the bathroom, tripping over a pair of pants and hurried to put my shoes on. I went back to the restroom and applied some eyeliner and some mascara. I tad bit of lip gloss here and there and put on some gold hoop earrings. Took a final look in the mirror and sprayed on a bit more Victoria Secret perfume. Yes. I was feeling confident and sexy.

Ding Dong

The sound of the doorbell made me almost jump out of my skin. Damn it. Why am I so nervous? Maybe its because this is my first date since Kyle. I heard the doorbell ring again and I rolled my eyes. Why hasn't my mom answered the door yet.

I grabbed my purse and ran out of my room turning off the light. I ran down the hall and opened the door as fast as I could. Dave was standing there look as handsome as ever. He was wearing some dark blue jeans and a nice black button down with some Jordans on. He looked amazing.

He noticed me checking him out and cleared his throat. I snapped out of it and looked at his face. He was wearing a huge smirk and I giggled like a little girl. “Maybe we should go ahead and get going.” He nodded and I yelled out “alright mom. I'm gone. Don't wait up.”

“Alright honey. Hey Dave. Take care of her.” She yelled back. Oh God. Here comes the yelling my mom always does. She is so lazy. If she is in one of her moods to not get up, she will just yell through the house.

“Okay Trina. I will take good care of her.” Dave yelled back. And he is no better when it comes to the yelling through the house.

I quickly shut the door and locking it and then we walked to his BMW. He opened the passenger door for me, which he never does because we have always kept it on a friendship level. “Well, thank you. Your such a gentlemen...tonight.” I said at the last minute and laughed to myself. He lightly pushed me which made me laugh out loud. “You got jokes.” “Yes, I do.” He shut the door and I slid my seat belt on.

He hoped in and I asked “So, where are we going?” He shook his head slightly and shrugged. “Your just going to have to wait and see.”

“Boy, just tell me.” I hit him on the arm semi-hard.

“Ouch. That hurt girl. And no. So sit tight and keep looking beautiful.” I blushed and did just like what he said.

*****************

“Really Dave? You didn't want to tell me that you were plan on taking me to...candy land?” I busted out laughing when we pulled up in front of the place. It was a candy restaurant and I have only been here once but I was very small. They had everything here though, not only candy.

They serve shakes, burger, candy of course and everything you could imagine.

“I wanted to surprise you. You have mentioned plenty of times that you wanted to come back here. I think that this was the perfect time.” I blushed and looked around. I seen people of all ages, from kids to senior citizens. We walked in and took a seat at one of the booths in the middle of the place. It was just as I remembered. It was colorful and so full of life.

“Hi, welcome to Candy Land. My name is Jessie and I will be your server tonight. What can I get you two to drink?” The brunette haired girl asked with her cute little blue waitress outfit on.

“I'll take a strawberry shake” I replied and Dave asked for a chocolate shake.

“Coming right up.” she said and walked off in a happy manner.

“This is really sweet of you. I really appreciate you bringing me here Dave.” I said with a small blush. “Look, Victoria, you ain't got to apologize to me. This is out first date. And now that I got the surprise out the way, I thought that maybe we go skinny dipping.” When I heard him say that, I almost choked on air.

“Excuse me?” I said out of breath. “I'm just kidding. Damn.” He was cracking up laughing. I found it not funny. I punched him the arm over from across the booth. “Okay. You gone get enough of hitting me.” We both laughed and the waitress showed up with our shakes. We thanked her and she asked if we were ready to order.

I already knew what I wanted.

“I'll take the burger and fries.” I said and Dave asked for the same and then we decided to go with the m&m, chocolate fountain cookie for dessert. Yea, I know it sounds like diabetes on a plate.

“We are going to be so sick after this.” Dave said and I totally agree. My stomach is about to be torn up.

After an hour and thirty minutes of stuffing our face and laughing til we couldn't laugh anymore, we finally left.

“Okay, where to now?” I asked in the car.

“Well, what about a walk on the lake?” He asked looking at me shyly.

“That sounds...perfect. Lets go.”

*30 minutes later:

“This is so beautiful and peaceful.” I was stunned. I have never walked on the lake side at night. The moon shinning on the water and it just put me at ease. We held hands and walked slowly. Finally, we sat down on a bench near by.

“Look Victoria. I have liked you for a long time now and I-” I couldn't take it anymore. I been wanting to kiss him all night and this was the perfect time.

I grabbed his head and went full throttle. And what happened next was not what I was expecting at all.

We bumped foreheads and it was just terrible.

“Ow. My head.” “Your head? girl you almost gave me a concussion.”

“I'm so so so so so sorry Dave. I was just trying to..I was just trying..uh, never mind. It doesn't even matter anymore. I ruined the night.” I stood up to make my way back to car when he grabbed my arm.

I turned around to face him, completely embarrassed but he tilted my head up to look at him.

“I think that this is what you was trying to do..” He slowly leaned down and I was feeling the nerves in my stomach. Come on. You can do this. Kiss him like you wanted too.

His lips then brushed mine and I instantly closed my eyes and let everything run its course. It was sweet, warm, and sincere. His lips were so full and we moved in a slow rhythm. I wrapped my arms around his neck and then it begin to get a bit more intense.

He wrapped his arms under me and picked me up while our lips were still entwined.

He sat back down on the bench with me straddling his legs and then suddenly the kissing stopped, but my eyes were still close. Man, I have not felt this way in a long time.

“Victoria. I want to ask you something.” Dave then spoke with a husky tone.

“Anything. Ask me anything.” I said seductively.

He smiled at me and there goes the question “Will you be my girl?”