Status: Hi everyone. I am really excited about this book and will try to update asap

All's Fair in Love & High School

Chapter 5

I was walking in the hallway headed to my locker because I left a book I needed for class. I was minding my own business when I all of a sudden I heard my name being said from a distance, so I had no choice but to ease drop. I peeked around the corner and was absolutely shocked at the scene before.

“What do you mean she won't budge?” Rochelle asked Kyle. What the hell?
“She..she won't even talk to me Rochelle. How am I suppose to try and get her back? She won't eve go to dinner just to catch up with me.” He looked so sad.

Rochelle turned away and said “Well, you did cheat on her...” That's what I'm talking about best friend. Don't let him forget it.
“Okay, are you on my side are not? I thought that you are going to help me. If your not, then just let me be. I can do this by myself.” He was getting ready to leave.

“Okay. Okay. Fine. I will help you try to get her back, but only because I know that deep down she still loves you and I want to see her happy. And even though you are a dirty dog, I know...that you really do love her. And I KNOW for a fact that you won't hurt her again, right?” Rochelle said with an icy tone.

Kyle rolled his eyes. “Uh. I forgot how demanding and threatening you can be. However, you are right. I won't hurt her. None of this was even suppose to happen. I.. I don't know what happened that day. One minute Cassy was on my door step and the next-” I can't listen to this. I ran in the opposite direction away from them.

I can do without my book for the rest of the class period. And what is up with Rochelle. She is my best friend and here she is going behind my back. Who plots with the enemy? That is so backwards. Uh. She is fully aware that I am in a relationship with Dave. Why would she do this?

Cassy? Yea, that is the girls name. The girl that Kyle cheated on me with. Uh. A growl that I didn't realize was there slide from my lips and I had to remember that someone could walk up at any time. That slut. She was a senior while we all were juniors last year so she is long gone. She was the captain of the spirit squad here at the school and to be honest, she was not all that.

No flawless skin or anything. Yea, she had long pretty black hair and a fat ass but come on. If the face isn't on point, then it defeats the purpose.

I shook my head. Why am I sitting here blaming her? She wasn't in a relationship. She could have done anything she wanted too with anyone, but it was Kyle responsibility to turn her down and tell her to go fu** herself but he didn't do that. He didn't care about me at all.

I shook my head more harshly this time. Oh God. The images are coming back. I'm breathing heavy and my heart feels like its ripping apart again. I held my chest and slide down the lockers. I bowed my head and took in some deep breaths.

“Breath Victoria, breath. It's okay. It's all in the past now” I kept repeating to myself. It wasn't working though. The images are back.
Her on top. Kyle moaning. The cover weren't even over them. I seen everything. A tear rolled down my face as I replayed the images. Make it stop. Make it stop please.

“Victoria? Tori? Are you okay?” Rochelle was standing in front of me. She looked extremely worried. “Why are you crying?” She asked while wiping away my tears. What should I do? Should I play like I didn't hear anything? Should I see if they really do have good intentions? Or should I call her out on how terrible of a friend she is? I don't know what to do or what to think.

“Victoria?” She repeated again. I have to act fast. Which choice would be best in the long run?



“Yea. I...I just got back a grade on one of my tests and man, I bombed it but I'll get over it. I'm sure I will still get into college.” I faked a smile and stood to my feet.
“Are you sure? I'm here if you need to talk.” She was so sincere with it but I can't talk to her...at least not about this. I can't trust her to not go back and tell Kyle everything I tell her.

It looks like this is something I have to handle on my own.

“Hey you two.” Dave? Oh my gosh. I totally forgot he even existed. He walked up with a smile and that made me smile back.
Wait. Why is everyone walking the halls? Does this usually go on when I'm in class?
“Hey” Rochelle and I said at the same time in the same tone.

“Okayyyy, I'm feeling some issues coming on here.” Dave said with caution. “Wait. It's not that time of the month again, is it? Because you know that you both give me the most hell when-” he was babbling on and on so I finally had to cut him off.
“Dave, that is not what is going on.” I giggled at his silliness. “Okay, thank God. I was about to take off running.” I laughed at him but Rochelle didn't.

“Well, in that case, we did just start.” Rochelle replied with a grin. Was she trying to get rid of Dave?
He just looked at her like she was weird and then directed his attention back to me.
“So, what are you doing tonight?” He asked casually.

“Well, I don't have any-” “We're having a sleep over at my place” Rochelle interrupted me. The fu**.
Dave eye balled Rochelle and then continued with me. “Okay, what about tomorrow-” “Oh, we have this...art museum...thing that we have to go too. You know how parents are. They seem to love to sign their children up for any and everything.”

I quickly pulled Rochelle aside and with a cold, hard voice, I said “What the hell are you doing? We aren't doing any of those things. And stop answering for me. I'm not no damn dog.” She bowed her head at how I was yelling at her.

“I'm sorry but...” I waited for what she was about to say. Come on, just tell me the truth already.
“I..have to go. Do whatever you want to do.”
With that she walked away.

That backstabbing b-
“Um, is everything okay? Whats up with Rochelle? She was acting really weird and..mean.” He poked his lip out and I couldn't help but laugh. I know whats wrong with her alright.

She's working with the enemy.