Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Dragon Age Rebellion

Prologue

Prologue
Outside POV

It was the final fitting of Lyna’s wedding gown. She had remained true to her elvish roots in the style of gown and the way it seemed to wrap around her effortlessly. Liliana laughed softly as she put a flower in Lyna’s hair and took a step back admiring her handy work. Lyna smiled at her reflection and for the first time since finding out the truth about the Delish tattoos she was proud of her mark. Aedan always told her how beautiful her mark was. But now she could finally see it.

“You look stunning”.
Cassandra said as she pushed off the wall uncrossing her arms. Lyna turned back to her bridesmaids and smiled at them. Taking hold of their hands in hers she gave them a meaningful gaze though her eyes were glazed with tears as she looked between them they were tears of joy.
“I couldn’t have gotten this far without you two. Aedan and I wouldn’t be getting married tomorrow if it wasn’t for the two of you”.
Lyna smiled bringing them into a hug. Cassandra cleared her throat and did her best to not act sentimental while Liliana laughed squeezing Lyna tight. She looked between them again taking a step back.

“I should get out of this dress, I don’t want Aedan to sneak a peek”.
She laughed knowing the mischievous ways of her husband to be. She had met him at the celebration of the breach being ended. The moment their eyes locked from their respective corners of the room, they both knew that there was no one else in the world for them. As Liliana helped Lyna out of her gown, Lyna winced lightly getting a slight pain in her head.
“Lyna”.
The voice whispered on the wind causing her to look back towards the balcony doors that swung open on their own. Liliana and Cassandra stood ready to fight whatever came through the doors.

“Lyna”.
The voice whispered again drawing Lyna forwards as she reached the threshold of the doors a brilliant light appeared in the sky casting a powerful energy down towards her, Lyna could feel the warmth emitting from the light. Like the sun. As Cassandra and Liliana joined her on the balcony a woman appeared within that light. She was only a shadow because of the blinding light. Never the less the woman was there looking down upon them. She smiled at Lyna opening her arms.

“Herald, I entrust you with a mission on the seventh day of the seventh month at the seventh hour. The sky will open once more and my daughters will return to this world. I concealed them from their father and from the evil gods. But someone has woken one of those gods. And invoked the return of my daughters. One a skilled warrior the other a powerful mage. Together they will begin the rebellion and change the face of Thedas forever. You and your beloved are charged with caring for them. Help them face their destiny. For without you they will fall.”

The woman vanished along with the light and Lyna winced in pain passing out then and there. Aedan rushed through the doors looking out of breath followed by Cullen and The Iron bull. Liliana opened her mouth to panic about the wedding dress but Cassandra was quick wrapping a sheet around Lyna to hide the gown.
“What happened? What was that light? And I thought I heard a woman speaking”.
Aedan said as he rushed to his beloved’s side. Cassandra crossed her arms looking back towards the sky.

“It seems Andraste has another mission for the Herald. Cole see what you can learn about the daughters of Andraste”.
Cassandra said acting quickly as she always did. Aedan carried Lyna back to the bed setting her down keeping the sheet wrapped around her dress so he couldn’t see it and get a tongue lashing from Liliana about tradition. Cassandra turned to Aedan.
“I will have Vivian come up and aid Lyna with healing magic”.
She said about to leave the room. Lyna winced cracking one eye open.

“I’m ok, really”.
She groaned looking back to Aedan. She smiled at the concern in his eyes and cupped his cheek.
“I promise you love. I am fine. The wedding is tomorrow, and so is the date of arrival for the daughters of Andraste we must make ready”.
Lyna looked to Cullen.
“See that we have a room for them. And have the men scout the area. We want to know where they land”.

Cullen fisted his hand to his heart giving a nod before walking out of the room followed by the Iron Bull. Lyna smiled back at Aedan as he kneeled at her side.
“I was so scared you’d fallen ill or something”.
Aedan said kissing the back of her hand lightly. Lyna smiled at him lacing her fingers with his.
“Nothing could keep me from our wedding. Not even an evil God”.
Aedan leaned in kissing her lips lightly it was then that Lilliana cleared her throat crossing her arms.
“You aren’t supposed to see the bride before the wedding!”
Lilliana scolded. Aedan laughed to himself rising to his feet.

“Then pretend I was never here”.
He said as he made his way out of the room. Lilliana sighed closing the door to Lyna’s chambers and turned back to her as Lyna sat up and began removing her gown.
“Daughters of Andraste how could this be possible? And why would she hide them in another world?”
Lilliana asked looking to Lyna who had changed into her normal clothes again and hung her dress up on the back of the changing screen. Lyna shook her head lightly taking her hair back in a ponytail again.

“I can only guess, she probably knew that Thedas wasn’t the safest place for them. Which means whoever summoned this evil god, knew about them and knew how to draw them back to this world. We should be on our guard Lilliana. See what you can find out from the chantry”.
Lilliana nodded before making her way from the room. Lyna stepped out on the balcony again watching the moon as it hung over the mountains. Crossing her arms the cool night air kicking up around her. It seemed that a new chapter was about to begin and the fate of Thedas was again in jeopardy. But she would remain true to her word. She would honor Andraste and do as she asked no matter the cost.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3