Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Dragon Age Rebellion

Chapter One Arrival

Chapter One
Arrival

It was another rainy day in New York City. I sighed to myself exasperated from all the traffic and the fact that the guy behind me was screaming at me to move even though we were at a red light. I looked over at my younger twin sister and smirked at the spell book she was reading.
“You realize the guys down at the office call you the Witch of New York right?”
I said making conversation. Krissi rolled her eyes not looking up from her spell book as she simply turned another page keeping her lips pressed together as the thought for a moment before finally meeting my eyes.

“Since when do I care what a bunch of over rated cops think?”
She flashed a grin. I rolled my eyes this time laughing at her stab at the F.B.I. I made a turn away from traffic and started down a less busy street approaching our favorite takeout place. It was Chinese for us again tonight since neither one of us knew how to cook. Our parents died when we were sixteen. So it was off to live with a Great Aunt that didn’t care for children much. The only reason she fed us is because she would have been arrested if she didn’t take care of us properly.

“Yeah next time you need someone arrested don’t come to me”.
I teased. Krissi snickered to herself shaking her head lightly. She closed her spell book looking out the window towards a small clearing in the thick dark clouds that consumed the rest of the city.

“How about that, it’s not raining on this side of the road. Maybe it’s a sign”.
Krissi said. My sister was a supernatural junkie as I called her. Anything to do with the supernatural she believed whole heartedly. I was a realest. If I can’t see it, touch it, feel it or taste it then it isn’t real plain and simple. No matter how hard I try to imply that to my sister’s way of thinking, she always refuses to believe there isn’t anything more to this world. But I was always like that, I was the only child who didn’t believe in Santa Clause. Or the Easter Bunny.

I just shut that part of the world out of my mind. Maybe because it scared me, or because I didn’t want to believe because if I did and it wasn’t true I’d be crushed. But I think the biggest part is my job. I witness the most evil of people in this world, and I can’t bring myself to have faith in magic or god or angels to fix it. Because they won’t. It was a harsh way of thinking, but I couldn’t change it now.

Krissi and I headed into the takeout place and ordered what we normally got. Krissi only liked one item on the menu because she is insanely picky. We got our food and started the walk back to the car.

“Don’t you have a date with that Daniel guy?”
Krissi asked with a sly grin as we approached the car. I rolled my eyes at her question. Daniel was a guy I had sort of gone on one date with after he begged me for like a year. I wasn’t interested in him really though I guess I’m just old fashion. I wanted a guy who was kind and chivalrous if you can believe in that sort of thing anymore. I had come to terms with the fact that my dream guy didn’t exist.

As we approached the car I saw something move in the shadows that had suddenly casted over everything. On impulse I grabbed Krissi’s arm pulling her back behind me and drew my gun from my belt narrowing my eyes at the figure moving in the shadows.

“Who is that?”
I said in my F.B.I voice as Krissi called it. Krissi stayed back behind me squeezing my arm shaking her head as I saw the fear on her face.
“Risa don’t go over there”.
Krissi said with a look of pure horror in her eyes. It all happened so fast. The massive monster lunged from the shadows at me causing me to scream and shoot at it as I fell backwards with Krissi. The monster took the bullets but they seemed to have no effect on it. I reloaded my gun with shaking hands and looked back at Krissi.

“RUN!”
I screamed at her. Krissi got up and bolted down an alleyway. I followed behind her thumbeling with my cell phone. The monster let out a loud roar as it charged us without stopping. I shot at it again and again while holding my phone to my ear hoping my boss would pick up. The monster lunged forwards hitting me with a clubbing blow of its massive fist knocking me into the brick wall causing me to hit my head and my phone to shatter with the impact. I fell to the ground weak and dazed. The monster toward over me roaring loudly.

Pushing myself backwards I saw the beast lunge for me again but it was met with a trashcan lid to the face. Krissi hit the beast hard despite her fear she was blocking me off. I felt around for my gun looking back to the beast as it lunged for my sister who I knew would die for me if she needed to. But I refused to let that happen. I looked over as something silver caught my eye. I narrowed my eyes trying to make it out. It looked like a sword was resting against the wall. Turning back I saw the beast grab Krissi in its massive fist about to crush her body. I acted without thinking. Grabbing the sword I threw myself into the air driving it deep into the beast’s skull taking it down hard forcing it to drop Krissi.

Blood spattered all over me and the alley walls. Breathing hard I gaped down at what I had done. Krissi stood looking at me in awe. As I turned back to her a blinding light shot down from the sky wrapping around both of us. I lunged forwards grabbing her hand as she was pulled up into the sky. Our fingers linked as I too was pulled up into the blinding light not sure what was happening now. When we hit the ground I was in a daze but didn’t let go of my sister’s hand.

“Over here!”
A man called out, I winced looking up as his face came into view. I saw he was wearing armor and looked every bit like the knight of my dreams. I had to be dreaming or dead. His hand cupped my cheek forcing our eyes to lock.
“You’re alright. You and your sister are safe now”.
He assured me. His words faded away into the darkness as exhaustion and shock took over and I blacked out completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3