Status: How love kills cancer.

24 Days

Chapter Two - Mallory? Like the band.

Later that day, Alexa had asked me to bring her a couple of books from the library at her house, She couldn't ask her mother because she was too busy taking care of her and making sure everything is going alright.
I drove to her house, Stopped the car and went out.
I got in to her building and went up to her flat to see that there was a tall boy with black hair sitting on the stairs, His eyes followed me as I passed by him trying to get to her flat's door, I slipped the keys onto the lock and opened the door when he spoke.
"Excuse me" He faintly said.
"Yeah?"
"Do you live here?"
"Um, No it's my friend's place, Why are you asking?"
"Does your friend happens to be Alexa Lester?"
"Yeah, Who are you?"
"I'm Dice. She was my friend at middle school, I heard from someone that she was diagnosed a year ago with cancer and I just wanted to check on her, Is she here?"
"No, She's been at the hospital since last week, I just came to grab her a couple of books"
"Okay. What hospital is she at?"
I got a piece of paper out and wrote down the hospital's address.
"I just feel so bad about it because I didn't have an idea, She was such a nice girl"
"She's still a nice girl"
"I guess" He stared at me.
"Well. Nice meeting you but I cannot be late, She's waiting for those books" I pushed the door open.
"Fine. Thank you anyway, I'll go to see her in a couple of hours"
"Okay. Bye" And he left.
The first thought that I had about him is why the hell his name is Dice? Like what kind of name is that? Is that his nickname or something?
Anyway, I got in to her flat and got the books she'd asked for, got down and drove back to the hospital.

"Mallory!" Alexa cheered while she was sitting on her hospital bed.
"Hey Mallory" Her mum smiled at me.
"Hi Mrs. Lester" I smiled back.
"I got the books!" I handed her the books and smiled at her.
"I'm so excited to read those, I never got to read them" She grinned holding the books in her arms.
"I ran into somebody on my way to your flat" I told her.
"Really? Who?"
"A guy called Dice" I paused for no reason "He said he was your friend in middle school"
"Dice?" She thought. "Dice! Dice!" She cheered.
"Easy there kiddo!" Her mother warned her.
"He was like my best friend before I met you!"
"Really? So he's like your ex- best friend?" I chuckled.
"Kind of. He's really sweet though, I've always wondered what happened to him"
"Well. He's coming in like an hour or so"
"Oh my god! That will be great, I can't wait to see him again"
"He's nice" I finally said.
I'm just going to point out that 'Dice' was more than nice, He was really cute and adorable with his fringe and black cloth, He looked more like 20 to be honest.

Later, Dice did show up, Alexa was thrilled to see him, They hugged, talked and she told him her whole cancer story, Basically they kept talking while I remained silent, Smiling each time Alexa looks at me or faintly nodding.
"I'm so glad you are doing fine" Alexa sighed.
"I'm glad I got to see you before..." She cut him off " Before I pass away, that's okay, You can totally say it" She chuckled trying not to cry.
"Don't cry babe" I hugged her.
"You both seem like really good friends" Dice smiled.
"We are" Alexa grinned.
"Oh gosh, I never got your name by the way, So sorry!" He looked at me.
"I'm Mallory, It's okay"
"Mallory" He glared. "Like the band? It's beautiful, So is you" He smiled at me.
"Uh, Thank you" I blushed.
"Oh you guys!" Alexa chuckled.
"What?" I turned to her still blushing.
"Nothing at all" She grinned "I'm just happy I'm with my best friends now" She opened up her arms for a group hug.
We hugged, Dice put his arm on my shoulder and squeezed it for some reason, I am not really comfortable with the whole group hug thing, But I only did it for Alexa.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next update will be tomorrow