‹ Prequel: You Never Know
Status: Word in Progress - Will try to update once to twice a week

Flying High

19. All Star Day Two

19. All Star Day Two

Max had breakfast with Breeze, Claude, and Jakub before the guys had to leave for the draft. He promised to meet up with Breeze at her room before the guys left for the compound that they would be staying at for the remainder of the week. She had waived him off and simply told him to text her when he was ready to meet – she was going to explore the city a bit before the draft.

Max found himself pacing the back stage area of the draft – periodically checking his phone.

“Dude, chill,” Brent Burns said before taking a sip of the dark liquid in his cup as Max gives him a sharp look.

Claude looked on with concern; he wasn’t used to Max stressing – and the Frenchman was stressing hugely.

Sidney had been watching from across the room and finally had enough, “Max, what’s wrong?”
Max met his old captain’s eyes, “Breeze isn’t here.”

Sidney gives him a confused look, “She has time – she’ll be here.”
Max shakes his head, “She’s not answering her phone and the hotel hasn’t seen her since she left this morning to photograph the city.”

Confusion turns to concern, “Okay, look, you go get a drink and I’ll take care of it.”

“But….”
Sidney cuts him off, “No buts – Go.”

Max slowly walks away – looking like a chastised child – as Sidney pulls out his phone, “Paulie….”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Regular POV)

The first two rounds are over with Malkin going to Sid’s team and Keith going to team Toews – Max is well into his third drink when the back side door slams open.

The group sitting close to the noise look to see the offender is a petite woman carrying a camera. Max bolts out of his chair, nearly knocking Eddie Lack out of his own chair, and wraps his arms around the woman – most of the guys have the decency to look away but a few stare.

“Where have you been?” Max exclaims – a stage hand gives him a sound warning.
Breeze gives her distressed boyfriend a sheepish look, “I got lost and my phone died.”

Max shakes his head and pulls her close again, “You scared the hell out of me.”

“I’m okay; Paul found me and brought me back here,” Breeze says into Max’s suit jacket.
Max looks and sees the Blonde defenseman standing behind stage. The stage hand comes over and tells Max that he needs to go back to his seat – Max ignores him.

“No more exploring without me, one of the guys or Cass, promise please,” Max looks down into Breeze’s eyes.
Breeze lets out a sigh, “Max….”

“Please? I can’t lose you, Breeze,” Max pleads – the protest on Breeze’s lips dies when she spots the tears threatening to spill out of the deep blue irises.”

“Okay, I promise.”

Max crushes the small woman to him and silently gives Paul a thank you nod before going back on stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sidney chooses Taylor Hall in the second round while Johnny takes John Tavares. The third sees two goalies go – Lundqvist to team Crosby and Crawford to team Toews. The fourth, fifth, and sixth see James Neal, Kris LeTang, and Steven Stamkos go to Team Crosby and Team Toews pick up Marc Staal, Jordan Staal, and Eric Staal.

In the Seventh round Sidney picks Mike Green and Johnny takes Claude Giroux – much to the displeasure of the crowd.

Jeff cuts in before a commercial break, “Alright guys, we’re nearing the half way mark and this is how the teams currently look: on Team Crosby we have Four forwards Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, Steven Stamkos, and Taylor Hall; two defenders in Kris LeTang and Mike Green; and one Goalie with Henrik Lundqvist.

For Team Toews: Four forwards John Tavares, Eric Staal, Jordan Staal, and Claude Giroux; two defenders with Duncan Keith and Marc Staal; and one goalie with Corey Crawford.

Just a reminder players like Phil Kessel, Gabriel Landeskog, and Nicole Green are still available. Sidney you have the clock again.”

Max is only half listening to the announcements – he had been talking to Lack and had found that he liked the young goalie from Sweden.

“From the Chicago Blackhawks – Nicole Green!”

Max’s head snaps up as Nicole hops off of the too tall chair and strides toward the ramp – Max finds himself clapping along with the other guys.

“Toews’ messed up that one,” Weber says from the table next to him.
Max leans over, “Toews’ didn’t pick her?”

Weber and Price look at the Flyer, “No, and now Sid has her back with LeTang,” Weber answers.
Price adds, “I hate to be the goalies on Johnny’s team now.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The draft finally ends with Max going to the home team – to seemed like Sid was trying to draft all of the Pen’s both new and old; he nearly succeeded with the exception of Jordan. Carey ended up on Toews’ team and had been chirped endlessly by Weber and Max before he escaped to the stage.

Max had left quickly with Breeze following the end of the draft – he knew he would get chirped later but right now he just wanted to get back to the room with his girl.

The two barely made it into her door before he pinned her against the wall – leaving a trail of sweet kissed down her neck.

Breeze giggles, “Max, babe, we aren’t in a rush here – we have all night.”

Max pulls back, “We only have tonight – the guys and I have to live in a compound the rest of the week; which means you’ll be alone and I hate that.”

Breeze shift, running a finger gently over the crease that appeared between Max’s eyes, “Paul said he’ll play chauffer the rest of the week so we won’t have another repeat of today.”

Max visibly relaxes, “Good ole Paul.”

“Yeah,” Breeze pushes against the bottom of Max’s shirt, “Now about tonight….”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the shortness of this chapter - serious writers block.
I will make the next longer.

All comments and suggestions are welcomed!
Let me know what you think!