Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Two Against the World.

Chapter Two
Against the World.
P.O.V. Matt

I smirked to myself as I shook my head at Zacky who was freaking out about everything. Brian stood with his arms crossed looking to Johnny who was still gaping at me.
“So you’re just picking up and moving to Japan? Why? What the fuck man?”
Johnny continued. I finished packing looking back at them. They were my best friends, like brothers to me. Before I could explain Jimmy walked in well, more like staggered in his arm draped around Avery’s shoulders as he grinned at me.

“What the fuck is up with the group meeting?”
Brian rolled his eyes snickering at Jimmy’s appearance. Zacky turned to Jimmy and Avery who was dressed in skimpy clothes as always. I swear she was a street walker.
“Matt is moving to Japan, and he’s going to be living with your fan girl”.
Zacky snickered. I narrowed my eyes at Zacky.
“Shut the fuck up Vengeance, she’s not a fan girl. She’s cool”.
I turned away from them finishing my packing. Jimmy narrowed his eyes at me slightly.

“What the fuck do you mean? We have a show to do! And why the fuck are you going anywhere with what’s her face?”
I growled at him narrowing my eyes as my protectiveness started to show.
“Her name is Krissi, for fuck sakes Jimmy we were in her class all through middle school”.
I said shoving him backwards.
“Show some fucking respect”.
Brian pushed off the wall coming between Jimmy and I.
“Ok, why the sudden move just tell us why this is happening”.
Brian said trying to keep order. I turned away from them and continued what I was doing. I knew I couldn’t tell them anything, they’d never believe me and my father made me swear to keep the family secret just that, a secret. Guardians didn’t go around blabbing about what they were to just anyone.

“Val and I are over”.
I began sighing to myself. I knew what I was getting myself into, in reality I had no romantic feelings towards Krissi in all our lifetimes together. We’d never fallen for each other. The bond between guardian and divine was a sacred one. That couldn’t be tainted by romance. It was like some kind of genetic thing that kept Krissi and I from ever having romantic feelings for each other. But they didn’t know that.
“I’ve been seeing Krissi for a while now. Her Grandmother decided she should go live with family there and I’m going with her because I don’t want to lose her”.
I said trying to sound convincing.

“What!”
Jimmy roared looking about ready to rip me to pieces but I stood my ground narrowing my eyes at him. I knew what it would take in order to get him to back off. Even if it meant we weren’t friends anymore. I loved Jimmy like a brother, but I had a duty to protect Krissi no matter what happened. And that went above friendship.

“You honestly think I was going to let a girl as amazing as Krissi lose herself over an asshole like you? You have a girlfriend Jimmy, one you obviously have no shame flaunting in front of people. Maybe she wanted someone who treated her like a person and didn’t manipulate her anymore!”
I growled at him. Jimmy shoved Brian aside grabbing me by my shirt looking ready to punch me, I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Go ahead, it will be the first time you’ve ever actually paid attention to her for something other than personal gain.”
Jimmy reared his fist but hesitated giving me the chance to push him off me.
“I’m leaving. I have a flight to catch”.
I grabbed my things storming out of the room. I’d have to explain things to Krissi on the plane I was sure she’d understand.

-------------------------
“You Said what!”
Krissi gaped at me as we were waiting for our flight to be called. I sighed running my hand back through my hair, Krissi’s cheeks flushed scarlet red as she gaped at me in horror.
“I told them we were together. It was the only excuse I could think of. And I don’t want them following they’ll just be in harm’s way and I don’t want that”.
I explained looking up as our flight was called. Krissi shook her head following after me her arms crossed as she gave me a disapproving look. I smirked at her shoving my fists in my pockets.
“Honestly? You think them thinking we’re an item is a bad thing?”
I asked handing our boarding passes in. Krissi diverted her gaze hugging herself.

“Not them. Him”.
She whispered. I could see the love for Jimmy in her eyes. She was really gone on him. A love he may not deserve at this point, never the less she loved him. We got on the plane and Krissi started looking a little green. I smirked at her handing my sick bag to her.
“You’ll need both of them. You hate flying”.
I said knowingly. Krissi looked at me confused, I knew she hadn’t unlocked her powers yet which meant her memories were lost. But she knew me as well as I knew her. The plane came to life and Krissi groaned holding her stomach. I snickered to myself.

“Thank god we aren’t over crowded”.
Krissi narrowed her eyes at me before she started to get sick. I held her hair back for her doing my best not to laugh. But it was hard considering. She could save the world from the devil himself. But get her on an air plane and she was a wreck. It amused me even today. Never the less, it was us against the world just like old times. But something inside me told me this time would be different in ways I couldn’t imagine. I kept my guard up and remained aware of my surroundings while Krissi continued to get sick.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3