Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Three Crimson Day

Chapter Three
Crimson Day
Jimmy P.O.V.

I slammed my fist hard into the wall growling inwardly. I couldn’t believe Matt would do something like this to me after everything we’d been through. What bothered me even more was the fucking fact she seemed ok with it. Someone like Krissi would be destroyed by someone like me. I’d ruin her and I didn’t want that. So I pushed her away and chose a path I knew would never lead me to her. The drinking, the drugs it was all an escape. Trying to push my feelings away. Truthfully, Krissi Parker was like an angel on earth to me. She was sweet, and kind, innocent and pure. She always put others before herself and never complained about it. And when she loved someone, she’d go to the ends of the earth for them.

“You ok man?”
Brian asked coming into the room. I kept my back to him balling my hands into fists.
“Tell me you didn’t make a move on her”.
I growled remembering the last conversation Brian and I had. Brian had asked me if I’d mind if he asked Krissi to the movies sometime. But at least he’d been considerate enough to ask how I felt before moving in on her. Brian sighed shaking his head.

“I didn’t get the chance man. Seems like she would have turned me down though if she’s been seeing Matt behind Val’s back. Weird part about that is. Val didn’t know anything about it. She said the brake up was her idea”.
I looked back at him narrowing my eyes feeling confused.
“What?”
I said crossing my arms. Brian nodded as he slumped back to the wall with his hands in his pockets.
“Yeah, she said she met someone and the two of them ended it over that. Matt was pissed too”.
Brian continued. I took out my cell phone and taking a shot in the dark I called Matt’s cell. It rang a couple times before a soft and sweet voice answered sounding every bit as angelic as she ever did.

“Matt Sanders phone”.
She said. I smiled into the phone hearing her voice.
“Parker?”
I responded, there was a pause before she spoke again.
“Jimmy hey, what’s up?”
She asked and I could hear her movements as she sat down. I took a breath to calm myself. She was the only girl who made me question everything. I had no confidence when I spoke to her because I’d convinced myself I wasn’t worthy of this amazing person.

“Not much, is Shads around?”
I asked playing it cool.
“Yeah, he’s just in the shower right now. Long day at school”.
Krissi responded. I slid down the wall until I was sitting.
“Yeah? What’s it like over here?”
I asked keeping the conversation going. Krissi laughed to herself.
“Hard, we’re in their school system now which is different, I’m in my first year of high school by their curriculum and Matt’s in his second. And there was an entrance exam we had to write. It’s like collage, the exam places you in the school best for you. Thankfully Matt and I got some decent scores so we’re in one of the best schools”.
Krissi explained.

I smiled into the phone.
“Oh yeah? Sounds intense. How do you think I’d do?”
I smirked to myself as the idea formed in my mind. Krissi laughed lightly as she thought for a moment.
“You’d do amazing, probably get a higher score then mine”.
Krissi said. I laughed for the first time in months since she and Matt left for Japan.
“Where are you guys living?”
I asked but before she could answer I heard the shuffling sounds of someone taking the phone from her. My eyes narrowed hearing my former best friend’s voice.

“What the fuck are you calling my girl for Sullivan?”
Matt sneered. I stood balling my free hand into a fist wishing I could punch him through the phone somehow.
“I know it was Val’s idea to break up, Brian told me. And I know you’re hiding something from me”.
I growled feeling my anger building.
“I’m not hiding anything. Just stay the fuck away from us alright James. I won’t fucking tell you again”.
Matt hissed before hanging up. I wanted to kill someone I was so pissed off. Brian kept his arms crossed as he looked at me.

“So, now what?”
He asked. I turned away from him growling inwardly.
“I don’t care what it takes. I’m going to get to Japan and I’m going to find out what the fuck is happening. Krissi and Matt don’t belong together”.
I hissed. Brian pushed off the wall diverting his gaze.
“Jimmy, Krissi deserves someone who”.
He started but I shot him a hard look. I knew about his little crush on her.
“Don’t start with me Brian! It’s bad enough I have to fight Matt off to be with her. I don’t want to have to destroy you too”.

Brian looked offended but swallowed his anger.
“Fine. Do whatever you’re going to do. But don’t expect me to help”.
I pushed past him. I needed a way to get to Japan, to live there like they were so I could always stay with Krissi. And there was only one person I knew of that could give me answers.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3