Status: I will continue to write on this story, just give me time. My married life and my son are both demanding ^.^

Unbroken

Yamiko's End

Everything happened all at once. I couldn’t tell which event or order it happened, just that my brain had a hard time processing it.

First off, my lungs were on fire, my head was on the brink of exploding, and my body had that strange painful tingling all over that you get when your foot falls asleep. I suddenly took in a lung full of air and started coughing my head off, which made my head hurt worse and the pins and needles all over my body intensified.

My eyes snapped open and I was blinded by a bright light. My breathing was ragged but calming and I was slowly regaining the normal feeling in my body. I blinked my eyes several times and realized that I was outside. I felt the gentle caress of the wind on my skin, the warm kiss of the sun on my body. I closed my eyes again, trying to block out the blinding sun.

Kagome’s Point of View

I was so not used to having to run this far this fast, especially in this uniform. I wasn’t able to ride on Inuyasha’s back because he was busy killing off all of Yamiko’s little traps that kept springing up, trying to take us to an alternate dimension, something that Shippo had to endure before we figured out that killing the creature brought him back to this reality. He was now holding onto my back as we chased Inuyasha.

After countless battles we finally came to the edge of the clearing where thick brush, trees, and thorns provided a natural barrier for unwanted guests. However, I watched as Inuyasha slashed through the thick barrier with ease, creating a section for us all to slip through. He disappeared out of the gap before I could reach him, Sango and Miroku hot on my tail.

I burst through the opening, thorns making small red lines on my arm. Inuyasha was still, standing in a battle stance. I stopped behind him, drawing in a ragged breath, and Shippo jumped from my shoulder.

“Is that Angel?” His voice was concerned and curious.

I wasn’t sure what he meant until I saw Angel laying on the ground covered in blood, her kimono torn to shreds and barely covering her body.

“Oh my God! Angel!” I screamed and started to rush towards her but Inuyasha threw up his arm, stopping me. I saw Sesshomaru stalking towards Angel, covered in blood, his eyes red and the striped on his cheeks were jagged.

“What did you do to her, Sesshomaru?!” Inuyasha shouted but was completely ignored by Sesshomaru.

I was terribly frightened. “Is she even alive?” My voice was quiet, afraid.

Inuyasha huffed. “Barely.”

“Sesshomaru!” I yelled at him, terrified for my friend. She never would have been in this situation if it hadn’t been for me. It seemed to me like bad luck followed her here.

I watched in horror as Sesshomaru shook his blood covered claws, blood droplets flying everywhere.

“Where is Yamiko?” Miroku yelled from beside me. He, at least, realized that Sesshomaru may not be the only threat here.

Sesshomaru’s answering smirk sent a cold chill down my spine. “That winch is gone.”

“And Katsuro?” This question came from Sango.

Sesshomaru knelt beside Angel, ignoring the question, and picked her up in his arms, his eyes were becoming clearer but the marks on his cheeks were still jagged.

Before Inuyasha or I could protest, Sesshomaru moved with lightning speed, disappearing from view.

“DAMN YOU, SESSHOMARU!” Inuyasha was furious.

I placed my fist over my heart, completely worried for Angel.

We began exploring, looking for any sigh on Yamiko or Katsuro. “Sesshomaru said that he killed Yamiko, didn’t he?” I figured we would find her, in some fashion or form.

We rounded the corner and my vision was suddenly filled with red. I put my hand over my mouth, trying to keep from vomiting.

“Oh my.” Miroku knelt at the edge of the blood stained grass.

There was no flesh, no clothing, no bone, just blood. Is soaked into the ground and created a large dark spot on the grass. The side of the black stone building was slick with blood too.

“What did Sesshomaru do to her?” My voice shook a little.

Miroku eyed the blood stains. “It looks like she exploded.”

“I’ve never seen an explosion where there wasn’t something left.” Sango spoke quietly.

“Whatever Sesshomaru did, he didn’t leave much behind.” Miroku stood and said a quick prayer for Yamiko’s soul.

After the prayer, Sango yelled for Kilala. “Kilala!”

The cat demon flew from the woods, holding something in her jaws. She landed beside Sango and dropped the black object onto the ground. She had blood on her but it wasn’t her own, it was Angels.

Sango knelt in front of her feline friend and rubbed between her ears. “What’s this?” She picked up the black cloth. She handed it to Inuyasha who sniffed it.

“It smells like Katsuro.” Inuyasha stated, then looked around.

“Does that mean that he was here and a part of why Angel was in the condition she was in?” I neared Inuyasha and looked at the cloth in his hands.

“If it does then he is a much bigger threat than we thought.” Inuyasha clenched the fabric.

Angel’s Point of View

I moved slightly and pain flared all over my body. My head still hurt and my lungs still burned like I had been caught in a fire and inhaled too much smoke. My hands clinched whatever was beneath me. It took me a moment to realize that I was laying on a very comfortable bed with silky sheets.

I opened my eyes and groaned. The light was bright and hurt my eyes. I squinted, which helped a little but not much. I turned my head to the side and saw that I was in a bedroom with dark blue decorations and cherry wood furniture. I mainly saw shapes and colors but no details. The room was still too bright.

I forced myself to sit up and instantly retreated it. My body screamed at me, protesting the movements. I didn’t remember much of anything except that Sesshomaru was missing.

“Sesshomaru.” My words were barely a whisper but somehow he heard me as the door to the room crashed open, causing me to flinch.

He slowly moved to the bed and stood beside me. “Are you…” He paused, searching for the right words.

“I’m okay.” I whispered. “What happened to me?”

I regretted asking the question as soon as I asked it. His eyes saddened and he looked deep in thought for a moment, trying to put the words together in the best possible way.

“You died. I….” He paused and looked me in the eyes. “It was my fault.”

Suddenly, all the memories came rushing back, the things that my brain had forgotten. Sesshomaru had attacked me and I had died in his arms. He had been manipulated by my son, Katsuro, and the evil bitch Yamiko. Then there was something else. “Haruki.” I didn’t realize I spoke the name aloud until Sesshomaru looked at me questioningly.

“What of this woman?”

“She came to me after I died. Or rather, I came to her.” I paused, remembering. “She showed me my father.” Sesshomaru tensed at the mention of the man that Haruki fell in love with. “He died in battle the day after I was conceived. He seemed to truly love her.”

Sesshomaru averted his eyes from me and focused on something on the wall. I followed his gaze. A pair of swords crossed each other on the wall.

“Sesshomaru?” I was highly confused. I could feel that he was hiding something from me. I didn’t know what it was but I knew it was serious.

He ignored my question and looked me in the eyes again. “You need rest, my Angel. I was barely able to bring you back and your body is paying the price now. It will take a lot longer to heal than before.” Sesshomaru bent down and gently brushed his lips to mine. “Rest.”

I leaned back on the bed, my brow furrowed in though, still wondering what was up with Sesshomaru’s suspicious behavior. He quietly closed the door behind him and I closed my eyes, allowing my body to rest and relax. And before long, I was drifting off into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been slacking, I know. I'm sorry. I've been really nauseous so I've been focusing my attention on not throwing up instead of writing this story. Hope yall understand! :)