Status: Brand new! <3

All Out of Faith

Yeahhhhh

"Name, please?" The plump, elderly lady behind the desk asked me with an over exaggerated smile. I smiled back nervously, playing with my hands under the sleeves of my sweatshirt. I was here at Manchester, auditioning for the X Factor. The real life X Factor, as in, the biggest singing talent show to be known across the world. Yes, I was auditioning for that X Factor.

I don't even know why I was auditioning. I wasn't seeking fame, all I wanted was a yes, really. A yes, I could sing. A yes for validation. A yes for confidence. I'd sung at a few local places, despite my tender age of sixteen, and the feedback I'd received was wonderful. People told me that one day my name was going to be splashed all across our city. I used to shake my head. I didn't believe it, personally. But Mum did. Mum was my number one fan, my only supporter, and my proudest manager.

I was soon snapped out of my train of thought when the plump woman, who's nametag had 'Linda' printed on, asked me once again for my name. "Lola Thomas." I smiled at her shyly, taking my number as she held it towards me with her long, wrinkled fingers. "Thank you." I beamed, taking my number and sticking it on my t-shirt where it was visible. I reminded myself of the number again and again. 160459, 160459, 160459.

My hands began to tremble as Linda told me to take a seat. Here I was, it was so real, so incredible. Not an opportunity to be wasted, that's for sure. I chose a seat in the quietest corner I could find, making myself comfortable next to a trembling girl. I was in for a long wait. I glanced at the number she clutched in her shaking hands. 160457. She must of just got here.

"Here, take this." I laughed, offering the young girl, who must have been my age, my water bottle. I was in no need of it. She smiled at me thankfully and opened the lid, practically gulping the water down. "I'm Lola." I introduced, holding out my hand for her to shake. She took my hand and smiled at me, shaking my hand.

"Sierra." She smiled, wiping the corners of her mouth to get rid of the water. "It's nice to meet you, Lola." She laughed, squeezing my hand before letting go. I could tell already that we were going to be close. She seemed to have a bubbling personality, a light in a dark room. I was looking forward to getting to know her.

"You too." I nodded with a smile, my hands still trembling as numbers were called out in groups. I folded my hands neatly onto my lap and Sierra noticed my nerves. She offered me a light smile and I smiled back. "What're you going to sing?" I asked her.

"Top secret." She giggled slightly. "How about you?" Her voice was nearly silent. She stared down at her hands, her fingers twitching slightly, probably from nerves.

"I Was a Fool, by Tegan and Sara." I smiled. "I hope I nail it." I laughed, smiling even wider as Sierra reassured me I would. Soon enough, after ten minutes of waiting, our numbers were called.

"You ready?" I laughed at Sierra as we stood up together.

"Not at all." She blushed, following me.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Oh my gosh, hi :3 So this chapter is really short but as the story builds, so will the chapters!

Happy reading!

x Effy

(and Annie was here, too :3 Love you all!! Posting for muh bestie.)