Stay

the move..

I couldn't believe that September was finally here and I was all moved to Dallas. Avery and my family came down to help, I was so grateful for them. Since I was 6 months pregnant and huge.

It didn’t take long before I got use to the hockey lifestyle again. It was a little strange in a whole new place. I couldn't complain, I was so lucky to have Tyler back in my life. I had no idea how lucky I have been in the last few months, I had been able to get my USA Nurse visa and get a job at the Dallas Children's Hospital. I would only be there for a few months, but I was happy to work so I wouldn’t be so board at home. We still had decided to do when my maternity leave was up since it wasn’t as long as the Canadian one. I still had my photography to fall back on if all failed. But we decided to just wait and see.

I was raised to work for everything I get, Tyler was the same. I knew I couldn’t never make as much as he did, but I still didn’t want to sit around and do nothing. That was something Tyler learned very on and respected.

The other players wives and girlfriends were very welcoming they were just a phone call away if I needed them if Tyler wasn’t home. I really enjoyed spending time with them either at the arena and as well as outside the rink too.

Tyler was in training camp, I didn’t get to see him as much as I wanted but I already knew that and was totally fine with it. This alone time gave me time to get things organized and unpacked. I was able to start the nursery for our little guy when I wasn’t at the hospital.

A few days before the season was about to start back up, Tyler and I were in the living room, just having a relaxing night, since we knew we had to enjoy them now.

“Anymore baby name ideas yet?” Tyler asked. I just rolled my eyes. “What was that for.”
“You hate everything I like.” It told him.
“I’m sure we will fine one. The perfect one” He said.
“At least we know he will be a Seguin.” I said.
“Really?” He said.
“We live together, we are together.” I began. “Your his father no matter what and you will always be there for him.”
“I love you.” He said.
“I love you too.” I said. “See we are making progress on this whole baby naming issue.”
“Just to find names now.” Tyler said.
“We still have some time.” I said.

The next morning, I woke up and tried to be as quite as possible while I got ready for work. Tyler had an afternoon session at the arena, I wanted him to get as much rest as possible.

I was ready for my day, as I was leaving our bedroom, I heard his morning voice say “Have a good day.” I smiled and went over and kissed his check before leaving the room. I quickly ate and then headed off to the hospital.

It was a pretty quite day, I now was mostly just checking in on patients and paper work. It was still hard, since I was on my feet a lot. It sucked with a huge belly too. I worked with a great staff. The job was getting harder since my emotions sucked. I really got attached to the kids on my floor.
There was one little boy, Ryder, who was about 11 and he was a huge Dallas Stars fan. He has the best spirits of anyone I knew, he would always have a smile on his face when I would walk into his room. He knew I was a hockey fan, so he would get excited when I was working since he knew that he had one nurse that really understood who and what he was talking about.

I didn’t really tell many people who I was dating, though it did get out. I didn’t really talk about Tyler at work. But I decided before I left I wanted Tyler to come in and meet Ryder. I knew it would make his day and I knew Tyler wouldn’t mind. He loved those kind of things.

I was glad to have my shift over so I could go home and see Tyler. He would have the night off, so I was excited to spend it with him. I had tomorrow off, but he had practice in the morning.

When I got home, Tyler had supper all ready for us. I walked in and smiled.

“This looks great. Thank you.” I said.
“You deserve it.” Tyler said.
“I’m going to change out of these scrubs and I’ll be back down.” I said, kissing his cheek and heading upstairs.

I changed into comfy sweat pants and comfy shirt. I was walking back down the stairs, I got to the last step. Tyler quickly noticed something was wrong.

I felt this sharpe pain in my stomach, I got scared and tried not to panic since I knew that would cause more stress on me and the baby.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.
“I don’t know.” I said. I knew we had to go to the hospital. Tyler help me with my jacket and shoes and we were out the door. He held my hand the whole drive.
“It’s going to be okay.” He kept repeating.

We arrived at the hospital and were taken in right away. The started with the test and the ultrasound, someone would finish and then someone else would come in. I just wanted to know if our baby was okay.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the doctor came in.

Baby Seguin was going to be fine. I didn’t need bed rest, but I had to be more carefully. Which meant work was going to be cut down to maybe a shift a week. I just needed to rest.

We were so happy that everything was fine. I knew now Tyler was going to push for me to just leave work now. But I did need at least one day out of the house so I wouldn't go stir crazy. Then I also didn’t want to end up on best rest.

I did have to stay overnight, doctors orders. Tyler stayed by my side. I tried to get him to home, and tell him I was going to be fine. Since he had practice in the morning. He needed his rest.

“Brie, you can stop because I won’t be leaving.” He told me.
“You have practice in the morning.” I said.
“Coach won’t care. I already text him to tell him what was going on.” Tyler said.
“You still need some rest.” I said.
“I will either be late or not go at all. You and our baby come first.” Tyler said.
“I love you.” I said.
“I love you, too.” he replied.

Sleeping in a hospital bed sucked and even more when you are pregnant. I would be excited to get back home tomorrow and into my own bed. Thou I did feel worse for Tyler, I’m sure the little cot he had to sleep on wasn’t too comfortable.

We spend the night, just talking and watching some random stuff on tv. He took care of letting everyone know that the baby was just fine. I did talk to my parents and Avery. They were worried, and I knew it sucked for them being so far away and something like this happening. But they were glad I had Tyler. Also that he was home and not on the road. That would have been scary, dealing with this alone.

I just wanted everything to be okay and stay about with out baby. In three months, I wanted a healthy little boy to talk home and teach the him the love of hockey.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)
xoxo