Status: Active

Backseat of a Greyhound Bus

Beacon Hills, CA to Salt Lake, UT

It all started with one impassioned night with Peter Hale, Stiles is willing to admit it was one of the best nights of his life. He had felt cared for, loved, respected, and wanted as the man handled him with such care that it rivaled that of being held as a new born baby; he’ll even admit that he cried at one point during that night as the man had his head buried in the right side of Stiles’ neck as Stiles had his right hand dug into the mans, now, sex tossed hair. The pace had been set to a slow one, one that was meant to show Stiles that Peter had always thought of him as a piece of treasure that is meant to be handled with care.

Even if Peter sometimes threw him into objects.

That night, when Peter’s back went ridged with his orgasm, pushing his knot into Stiles to conjoin their bodies for the next ten minutes, made Stiles’ body react in a way he wouldn’t know of until two months later when his morning sickness started, he craved the oddest food combinations, and his body temperature was upped a few degrees.

He didn’t need to go to Deaton’s to know that, somehow, Peter Hale and Stiles’ spark created life within his steadily swelling tummy. At night, he’d grab his biggest headphones to place them faced down on his tummy so his little miracle would be able to listen to whatever he felt like listening to that night (it was usually Country music from the 90’s which was odd for him). He’d let the music lull him to sleep before he got up for school the next day or, on the weekends, let it gradually wake him up.

The pack hadn’t caught on yet that something was weird about Stiles, and, Stiles hoped, they wouldn’t acknowledge his sudden weight gain until Stiles was starting to show, but, for now, all was good.

At four months he knew he couldn’t hide his basketball stomach any longer, and so, he emptied his bank account, “borrowed” Derek’s credit card, got a duffle bag full of his stretchiest clothes and headed to the Greyhound station in the center of Beacon Hills to start his journey. He planned to use Derek’s credit card as a last resort type of deal, and, hoped, the man didn’t cancel it seeing as he could track Stiles at any point to find him - it was part of Stiles’ end game.

The names on the board showed some nearby places like Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Seattle, but Stiles wanted someplace far away from here. He saw a bus headed to Bryantown, Maryland was boarding soon so he bought a ticket for it, and waited in the sitting room so he could hear them call for the boarding of the bus.

There were not many people he knew at the bus station seeing as many were just like him - wanting to run away from something or another, or simply having a road trip through the transit. He saw a girl around his age who had a fading bruise on her left eye, bruises marred her arms in various spots, and she was showing as much as he was, so, he decided to go over to her and start making awkward conversation.

“Hi, you, uh, live around here?” Stiles asked her standing just out of her personal space just in case she decided to throw something at him or hit him. “What do you want?” she asked snipply at him, her eyeliner and mascara already running with fresh tears down her face. “Nothing, just saw someone in the same predicament I am, only, I wasn’t treated...so harshly” he answered choosing his words carefully at the end as he didn’t want to upset her further.

“Go away, your a man you can’t get pregnant” she snapped at him as she dabbed at her eyes trying to stop her make up from running. Stiles made a “that’s true” face before looking back down at her, “True, but I’m not like everyone else” he told her before pulling a bit of his loose shirt up to show her a bit of his rounding stomach. She couldn’t help to look to see what he meant, and her eyes turned from angry to astonished, “What?” she whispered as she carefully pressed her hand against it wondering if it was real or fake, but the butterfly feel against her fingers told her, indeed, it was as it seemed.

“You believe me now?” he asked her as he let his shirt slide down to hide his growing child. “How is that possible?” she asked him looking at him like he’s the first thing she’s seen that was interesting. He took a seat to her left, and smiled a small smile as he thought back on the werewolf that gave him the greatest gift he could be given, “Lets just say, when a man and a spark come together, life finds a way” he told her looking at her with his small smile.

Soon their bus was called, and they got up, taking their luggage, they both moved toward the bus station exit, and onto the bus they chose to start their journey on.

When they got on the bus, they took seats toward the back of the bus so they’d be well out of others way, and closer to the bathrooms. “I’m Ashley Cartwright” she said introducing herself and putting out her hand in order for himm to shake it. “Stiles Stilinski, don’t ask about my real first name - you wouldn’t be able to pronounce it” Stiles told her as he took her hand and shook it as he laughed which caused her to laugh as well.

“Well, tell me about your man, I want every detail” she said looking at him coyly which made Stiles laugh again. “Oh man, ah, what to say about him? It was a one-night deal to tell you the truth, but...it...it was the most...emotional time of my life. He has blonde brown hair that is usually spiked up in the front, calm blue eyes when he’s reading but calculating when he’s planning whatever is on his mind next, soul patch under his bottom lip whle he has a five o’clock mustache, and a dimpled chin. Guy is batshit crazy, but, I guess, I wouldn’t want him any other way” Stiles told her as he described the undescribable Peter Hale the best he could.

“You love him” she said wiggling slightly in her seat. “Ah, I wouldn’t call it love, I’d call it… ….Okay, so, maybe you’re right, but I could never tell him” Stiles said denying he could even mention the word “love” around Peter Hale and get away with it. “Come now, only serial killers are bad enough not to mention that you love them” she said in a chastising tone which made Stiles choke on his own spit.

For the next four hours while the bus traveled the Redwood Hwy, they talked about anything that came to their minds. She eventually opened up to Stiles about how she was being abused by her boyfriend who had just used her to get a child out of her, and, when she found out she was pregnant, she waited until she was showing to call it quits with him, and get the hell out of dodge.

“Ladies and gentlemen can I have your attention please, our first stop from Beacon Hills, California to Bryantown, Maryland has arrived. All who are getting off at Novato please gather your belongs, and put your chairs in the upright position. Thank you for choosing Greyhound Bus, and we hope to see you again shortly” the bus driver said into the speakers making a few passengers gather their belongings as they pulled up to the bus station at Novato.

Everyone else remained seated as it was just 9 am in the morning, and many had gotten breakfast before getting on the bus.

As the bus pulled away from the station and turned west to start making its treek through the western states to the east coast Stiles’ heart tugged at him making him want to re-think this whole road trip thing, but he was already on the bus, already making friends with a traveling companion, and already on his way to the rest of his life.

At some point within the next four hours he and Ashley had fallen asleep, because the next thing he knows he is out of California, and into Nevada. “Ladies and gentlemen can I, once again, have your attention please, our second stop from Beacon Hills, California to Bryantown, Maryland has arrived. All who are getting off in Reno, Nevada please gather your belongs and put your chairs in the upright position. For those that are continuing on we are stopping for an hour so I offer you the ability to go out and get something to eat and stretch your legs a bit before we continue on with our journey. As always, thank you for choosing Greyhound Bus, and we hope to see you again next time” the driver announced into the speakers before they are cut off.

“I’m hungry, what about you?” Ashley asked him as she stretched her arms up above her head while Stiles stretched his legs. “I am right there with ya sister” he said as the bus pulled into the bus station. He grabbed his duffel bag while she grabbed her purse and back pack before they made their way out of the bus, many people were just standing close to the bus while others wandered off to get some food.

They both headed down North Virginia St as a big beautiful golden M was the first thing they found to get a cheap bite to eat. “I’mma get two Quarter Pounders with cheese, because one is for now and one can be for later” Stiles said as he thought of also getting an apple pie, chocolate ice cream, and two large orders of fries. “Yeah, and what else?” Ashley asked playfully at him knowing he wanted more than that. “Har, har” Stiles responded while rolling his eyes.

His cellphone then started ringing, and he knew he was fucked. Worst case scenerio? They were already on their way. Good case scenerio? They were just wondering where he is. “Turning it off it is” Stiles said as he grabbed the phone out of his back pocket, mentally apologized to Scott before turning his phone off for now. He’d turn it back on in Maryland in order to call him and tell him he was perfectly fine, because Hunter’s always happened.

He and Ashley grabbed their bounty and made their way back to the bus early seeing as they easily had another twenty minutes to wonder around, but Stiles’ feet were starting to kill him so he opted for going back to the bus right then and there.

Twenty minutes later the bus packed up again with the remaining passengers before they headed off to their next stop.

Another four hours, an apple pie, chocolate ice cream, and one Quarter Pounder later, Stiles and Ashley saw Carlin, Nevada come into view and with it the need and want of a meatball sub with the works on it. “I’m saving my last Quarter Pounder” both of them said while turning to the other with the same exact thought going through their head.

The driver said that it wasn’t their dinner stop yet, and both wanted to cry in agony…, and that’s exactly what they did for the next twenty minutes while a couple of passenger’s got off, but they thought about the hope of the dinner break bringing actual restaurant food, and their minds were put to ease once more.

Once they reached Salt Lake City, Utah their stomach’s growled, their babies demanded Thai food, and they did nothing to stop themselves from launching out of the bus when it came to a rest at the bus station where they’ll be spending the night before moving on tomorrow. They found a very good thai restaurant called Skewered Thai where they proceeded to eat sushi, noodles, and pretty much anything they could get their hands on before theyboth were stuffed to the gullet.

“I’mma pass out now” Stiles said smiling to Ashley who was already well on her way to dream land. She just grunted at him in acknowledgement before turning on her left side on the cot they were both sharing. Tomorrow would be another mystically (boring) adventure on the bus. Bus check in was at 6 am so they both needed plenty of rest, and yet, Stiles was wide awake.

He was muttering all of his pack’s names to himself like a dearest lullaby, and the only name that really calmed him was the thought and name of Peter. Stiles had promised on that night 4 months ago to never leave him, yet, here Stiles was, in Salt Lake City, UT breaking his promise along side a girl who’s connection with her boyfriend wasn’t like his and Peter’s at all.

She ran away to escape abuse, Stiles ran away to escape nothing at all. Peter would have been overjoyed to know he could start raising his own family, but, of course, Stiles took that away from him just to, what? Go around the country to lead his mate on a wild goose chase? Peter may be his mate, but it wouldn’t deter him from breaking their bond completely leaving Stiles’ child fatherless.

And yet, Peter was a creature of habit. If he wanted something to the point of insanity, he’d get it no matter how long it took, and Stiles could only hope he’d be the driving force to keep his mate looking for him.

He nuzzled into his duffelbag before pulling his phone out, turned it on, and sent a text to Peter that simply read:

i luv u, im sry i broke my prms

He turned it off before he could recieve the reply text, and cried himself, silently, to sleep

She started to show
A few months ago and she had to go
That’s how she wound up
On the backseat of a Greyhound bus...
♠ ♠ ♠
Places in this chapter:
-Beacon Hills, CA
-Novato, CA
-Reno, NV
-Carlin, NV
-Salt Lake City, UT

Thanks for reading!