Total Drama Life

Meeting the Contestants

So, my name is Ashlynne McLean. I'm the niece of Chris McLean. Sometimes it's Uncle Chris. Other times it's just Chris. I wear mostly black and purple but I'm not goth. And my music isn't restricted to just one genre. I have double piercings in my ears, multiple tattoos covering parts of my body, and a belly ring. This year Chris wanted to do a teenage reality show on a crappy island in the middle of nowhere, no idea how I was roped into all of this. Oh yeah, it was either this or juvie. The first contestant on the island was a girl named Beth.

"Hi I'm Beth," she said. I laughed when she hugged my dad then dissed him on his height.

"I'm Ashlynne," I told her. "But you can call me Ash."

The next boat pulled up bringing a guy named DJ. He's like a giant, animal-loving, teddy bear. Gwen and I instantly clicked. She looked goth but she certainly didn't act like it. Geoff was a guy who knew how to party. He had the country surfer look and killer abs. Lindsey was a total airhead. The girl made me want to bash my head on a wall. I already hate Heather.One wrong look and she was getting a face full of my fist. I watched as Beth went up and introduced herself when I heard music. Turning I caught a glimpse of one of the new guys. He had a piercing above his left eyebrow, a nose piercing, and double piercings in one ear, and a single in the other. His green mohawk set him apart from the rest of the guys I surround myself with back at home. I let my eyes roam as he got off the boat.

"Duncan," Uncle Chris introduced.

"I don't like surprises," Duncan said clenching his fist.

"Yeah you're parole officer warned me about that man," Chris said. "He also told me to give him a holler anytime and have you returned to juvie."

"Leave him be," I said making myself known. Duncan looked me up and down nodding in approval. I'm glad I decided to wear jeans and a crop top today. He walked over to me and dropped his bag.

"Meet me by the campfire," he asked softly.

"Maybe," I smirked.

"I'm calling my parents," Heather complained. "You cannot make me stay here."

Chris just grinned and went on to announce the new arrival. This Tyler dude rode on skies behind the boat. Suddenly his gripped slipped and he went tummbling into the luggage, soaking Heather. I held my hand over my mouth trying to keep my laughter in.

"Wicked wipe-out man," Chris called laughing.

Harold was next. All it took was one breath for him to get on my nerves. One look at Trent and you could tell his thing was music. All he had on him was a backpack and a guitar case. He mentioned my uncle's figure skating stunt sending me into giggles. Chris glared at me and I leaned against Duncan to keep my balance. He walked over and stood next to Gwen, giving her a smile. Bridgette was a total surfer. And a vegetarian, like me. I laughed even harder when she hit my uncle in the head with her surfboard. I ended up collapsing when she went to turn around almost knocking our heads off. Duncan looked down at me and chuckled. After ducking again he picked me up by my waist. I tried not to blush when he kept his arm around me.

"Okay we've all met surfer girl. Can we get on with the show please," Heather said.

"Barbie girl better watch out," I growled. The only ones that heard me were Duncan, Trent and Gwen, who all smiled and agreed.

"Someone missed their double cappuccino machiatto this morning," Duncan teased.

"Get bent," Heather said.

Noah was next. I may not agree with my uncle but if this guy talks to him like that again. His face will be in the sand.

"Is this where we're staying," Noah asked.

"No this is your mother's house," Duncan said. "And we're throwing a party."

"Nice piercings origional," Noah said. "Did you do them yourself?"

"Yeah," Duncan said grabbing a needle. "You want one?"

"No thanks. Can I have my lip back?" Noah said.

"For the record," I said. "All of mine were done by me. And could someone get this guy some emotion?" Duncan laughed at my comment and let Noah go. The new girl, Leshawna, stopped in front of me.

"Girl I wish I looked that good," she said. "You are so rocking the tats and piercings."

"Thanks," I said.

"I've never seen a girl like you in real life before," Harold said.

"Excuse me?"

"You're real big," he said. "And loud."

"What did you just say to me?" she said. I walked up to the nerd and grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

"If you're going to go around dissing people based on how they are then prepare to get a face full of my fist," I threatened.

"Let the dweeb go Ash," Duncan said pulling me away from Harold. I grumbled and leaned up against him.

"Thanks for sticking up for me girl," Leshawna said.

"Anytime," I smiled. I groaned as the next two got off the boat. "Great. More airheads." Katie and Sadie were not helping my mood any.

"Ignore them," Bridgette said slinging her arm over my shoulder.

"Yeah you've got us," Gwen added on.

"Watch it Blondie," Duncan said. "I bite." Bridge slowly retracted her arm eyeing the boy.

Cody was next. I stood with Leshawna, Gwen and Bridge as he walked over. Duncan stood behind us, talking to Trent and DJ.

"Dude, psyched to be here," Cody said trying to act cool. "I see the ladies have already arrived." He turned back around to Leshawna opening his mouth.

"Save it short stuff," she said placing a hand over his mouth. He looked over to me next.

"Don't even think about it," Duncan said standing behind me. I leaned up against him and shooed Cody away. Next was Eva. Sports was one thing we could agree on. I wanted to smack Owen right when he got onto the dock.

"No guy should ever be that happy," I grumbled. Those who heard my comment laughed.

"And here comes Courtney," Chris said.

"Hi you must be the other contestants," she said walking up to us. "It's really nice to meet you all."

"How's it going," Owen said. "I'm Owen." I'm going to beat him with a bat here in a minute.

"Nice to meet you too Owe..Wow," she said looking behind her. We all looked to the guy coming on the next boat. All the girls looked at him and stared. Even Eva admired the guy. Just my luck that the guy that ruined my life would be on the same island as me for eight weeks. I glared at the ground, ignoring him.

"This is Justin," Uncle Chris said. "This is Camp Wawanakwa. Welcome to Total Drama Island."

"Thanks man," Justin said.

"And just so you know," Chris started. "We picked you just based off your looks."

"I can deal with that," he said walking up to me. "Hey Ash."

"Wait, you know this guy," Duncan said as I glared at Justin.

"Yeah," I said clenching my fist. "We went to school together." Duncan pulled me closer to him and glared at Justin. I ignored Ezekiel when he arrived.

"Izzy," I squealed running up to her greet her.

"Hi Ash," she said falling off the boat. I grimaced as Iz hit her chin on the dock and fell into the water.

"Guys she could be seriously hurt," Courtney said pulling Izzy out of the water.

"Nah," I said. "Iz is cool." To prove my point the wild girl shook herself like an animal and jumped on my back. Grinning I carried her back over to the group ignoring her hyperactive speech.

"First things first," Uncle Chris said. "We need a group photo for the promos." Izzy jumped off my back and moved over to Owen. Everyone moved over to the end of the dock and got into position. Chris counted down and forgot about the cover lens on the camera.

"Oops sorry. Forgot the lens cap," he said. He started the countdown again and stopped. "Oh wait, the cards full." I narrowed my eyes at him. He's stalling. I felt the dock shake underneath me. Grabbing the pole I held on as the others fell.

"Oh no," Duncan said grabbing me. "If I go down, you're going down with me." We resurfaced looking like crap.

"Okay guys, meet at the campfire in ten," Chris said walking away.

"I don't care if he's my uncle," I growled. "I am going to kill him." I trudged after him and sat on one of the stumps.

"Here's the deal. I'm going to split you up into two teams," Chris said. "Gwen, Trent, Heather, Cody, Lindsey, Beth, Katie, Owen, Leshawna, Justin and Noah are officially the Screaming Gophers. Geoff, Bridgette, DJ, Tyler, Sadie, Izzy, Courtney, Eva, Duncan, Ezekiel, and Harold are the Killer Bass."

"Ash," Chris said. "You can pick your team."

"How come she gets to pick her team," Heather asked. Or yelled depending on how you look at it.

"One, because she's my niece," Uncle Chris said. "Two, she's an extra player. And three, because I said so. Now pick."

"Sorry Gwen. I'd rather be a fish than be stuck with them." I said glaring at Justin and Heather.

"That's great," Izzy screamed jumping on me. "Me too!" I laughed at my friend and tried to pry her off. The chick had a killer death grip on my neck.

"Izzy," Duncan said coming to my rescue. "You got to let go now. Ash has to have air to survive." Izzy got off of me and went over to Courtney.

"Thanks," I said rubbing my neck.

"Anytime babe," he said smirking at me.

"Wait they have one more team member than we do," Heather complained.

"Technically I'm not apart of the competition yet. Not until someone gets voted off," I said as I led my team mates to the West cabins to get settled in. I went to unpack my bags when I heard someone scream. Running over to the next cabin I heard Leshawna.

"Man that white girl can scream."

I peek in to see Lindsey standing on a stool and the others screaming, trying to get away from a cockroach. "Duncan put the axe down," I laughed walking in. I went over to the little bug and picked it up. "You know, they aren't as scary as they seem."

"Are you even a girl," I heard Gwen ask. I took the bug outside ignoring Tyler flirt with Lindsey.

"They always go for the jocks," Duncan said.

"Not all girls," I said coming back in.