Total Drama Life

Not Quite Famous

When I woke this morning I felt like crap. I didn't talk to anyone as I got ready for the day and no one talked to me. Duncan had told them yesterday before I fell asleep. It didn't bother me that they weren't talking to me. As long as I knew they were there with me then I was okay. I walked with Duncan and Geoff to the amphitheater Chef just built.

"Are we going to see a musical," Lindsey asked. "I love musicals, especially the ones with singing and dancing."

"Welcome to our brand new, deluxe, state of the art outdoor amphitheater," Chris said. "Okay this weeks challenge is a summer camp favorite. A talent contest! Each team has eight hours to pick their three most talented campers. These three will represent them in the show tonight. Sing, dance, juggle, anything goes." Duncan looked hopeful until Chris said as long as it was legal. "You'll be judged by our resident talent scout, former DJ, BJ, and rap legend, Grand Master Chef. Who will show his approval via the Chef-o-meter. The team that loses will send one camper home tonight. Good luck."

Our team left to find a quiet spot to find out who our three representatives are. Katie and Sadie tried to dance, Tyler got his yo-yo wrapped around himself, DJ did ballet with a ribbon which was pretty cool, Bridgette said she could stand on her hands for twenty minutes, no one gave Harold a shot, Geoff was a bad ass skater.

"Can you do anything," Courtney asked me.

"I sing," I told her, "No one knows and I want to keep it a secret."

"Okay, so it's me, Ash, and Geoff," Courtney said. "DJ and Bridgette can be backup."

Noah had gotten voted off for the Screaming Gophers.

We all went back to the amphitheater. Bridgette and the guys made a bet that she could stand on her hands for twenty minutes. Her foot got caught in one of the ropes causing one of the lights to fall on Courtney's violin. During the show, Geoff got angry and broke his skateboard. I ignored the others and started freaking out.

"Babe, it's okay," Duncan said trying to calm me down. "You can do this. Ignore Courtney and everyone else. Just watch me." I nodded as he left to go sit down.

"Try not to choke," Heather said walking out. I watched as she read from Gwen's diary. Harold went out and did amazing beat-boxing.

"Well it's down to the final act of the night," Chris said. I walked out stood in front of the mike. Looking at Duncan I began singing my song.

I will not make the same mistakes that you did

I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did, you fell so hard
I've learned the hard way to never let it get that far

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I lose my way and it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh, every day of my life
My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I watched you die, I heard you cry every night in your sleep
I was so young, you should have known better than to lean on me
You never thought of anyone else, you just saw your pain
And now I cry in the middle of the night for the same damn thing

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you
I tried my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in

Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid
Because of you

Everyone was silent when I finished. I looked at their faces taking in their shock. The Chef-o-meter read full points as my uncle hugged me.

"Well it looks like the Killer Bass win this one," he said. "Never knew my own niece could do that."

"There are many things you don't know," I said looking down. Walking away from everyone I waited at the cabin. All of my team mates came ten minutes later to celebrate our win.

"You were amazing," Courtney yelled. I looked down and smiled softly.

"What did you mean by 'there are many things you don't know?'," Duncan asked.

"All right fine," I sighed. "There is a reason I don't like Justin. We had been going out for a year so I decided to bring over dinner and a movie. His parents let me in saying that Justin and our mutual friend, Danielle, were upstairs studying. When I went up there they had music blaring which was normal. I opened the door to find them going at it. Later that night he tried to force himself on me. The only reason I went to juvie was because my brother, Aaron, beat the crap out of him before he could. Aaron got scared when he heard cops so I ended up taking the heat."

"That guy is so dead," Duncan growled getting up.

"Don't," I said grabbing his arm.

"And why not," he asked. "He had no right to do that and he's not getting away with it."

"It's not worth it anymore," I said. "What's done is done. I want nothing more to do with him."

"Fine," he sighed. I got up and grabbed my lyrics book.

"I'm going to go hunt for Trent," I said.

"Why do you need Trent," Geoff asked.

"I need his help with some music," I said waving my book. I went over to the Gopher cabin to see if they were there. Turns out the whole team was.

"Can I steal Trent and Gwen for a while," I asked.

"Yeah sure," Gwen said. They both stood up when Heather got in the way.

"And why do you want them," she said.

"Why do you care? And Trent, bring your guitar." The two I asked for followed me out and into the woods.

"So what did you need us for," Trent asked sitting down.

"Other than a distraction. I need your help," I said.

"A distraction from what," Gwen asked. "What did Duncan do?"

"It wasn't Duncan," I laughed. "I told them what happened before juvie."

"Okay so what do you have," Trent asked looking at my book. I gave it to him and watched as him and Gwen read through my lyrics.

"When did you write this," Gwen asked.

"Yesterday."

"They're really good," Trent said.

"Help me finish," I pleaded. For the next two hours we figured out the rest of the lyrics and music to go along with it.

"Okay, so you guys get you're team, and I'll get my team," I said. "Meet at the amphitheater."

We went our separate ways as we went to find our charges. I found Chef real quick and asked if he could get Chris to come to the amphitheater. As usual my team was gathered in one of the cabins playing cards.

"There you are," Bridgette said. "We were about to go look for you after this game."

"Can you guys come with me," I asked. "There's something I have to do and I want you guys to see it."

"Well what are we waiting for," Courtney said getting up. When we got to the clearing I saw Trent and the others already there. I nodded my head and he started playing.

Oh, oh.

Yeah, yeah,

You can be the peanut butter to my jelly
You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly
You can be the captain and I can be your first mate
You can be the chills that I feel on our first date

You can be the hero and I can be your side kick
You can be the tear that I cry if we ever split
You can be the rain from the cloud when it's stormin'
Or you can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'

Don't know if I could ever be
Without you 'cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see
That we're all we need

'Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry

'Cause you're the one for me
And I'm the one for you
You take the both of us
And we're the perfect two

We're the perfect two
We're the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're the perfect two

You can be the prince and I can be your princess
You can be the sweet tooth I can be the dentist
You can be the shoes and I can be the laces
You can be the heart that I spill on the pages

You can be the vodka and I can be the chaser
You can be the pencil and I can be the paper
You can be as cold as the winter weather
But I don't care as long as we're together

Don't know if I could ever be
Without you 'cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see
That we're all we need

'Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry

'Cause you're the one for me
And I'm the one for you
You take the both of us
And we're the perfect two

We're the perfect two
We're the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're the perfect two

You know that I'll never doubt ya
And you know that I think about ya
And you know I can't live without ya

I love the way that you smile
And maybe in just a while
I can see me walk down the aisle

'Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry

'Cause you're the one for me
And I'm the one for you
You take the both of us
And we're the perfect two

We're the perfect two
We're the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're the perfect two

Duncan stood up and kissed me roughly. I smiled and jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"That was fantastic," Chris said. "Now let's get the Screaming Gophers to the campfire and vote off a camper." I glanced at Justin who looked visibly upset. As he should be. Grinning I let Duncan carry my back to the cabin, on his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
The songs are Because of You and Perfect Two, therefore I don't own either of them