The Tick Tock of the Clock

How'd you forget your shoes! They were on your fee

Running my hand over my face, I sat on the end of my bed trying to wake up and shake the sleep I so desperately needed from my body. Grunting, I stood wandering towards the bathroom for a nice hot, refreshing shower to hopefully wake me up.

My same old morning routine went by smoothly, a possible sign that my day was going to be a good one, but I couldn't count on good signs so early they normally just mess with your head and set you up to fall.

Glancing quickly at the clock I grunted, while removing my toothbrush from my mouth, at the glowing green numbers and hurried across the room. I placed my tooth brush back in my mouth and dialed quickly.

"Good morning?" I laughed at the tiered groggy voice on the other end of the line. I wish I could get up this late. Being able to get up at five-twenty or so would be heaven. It might actually complete my sleep cycle.

“G’mornin’ Tom.” I stated removing my toothbrush once more to speak. “I’m going to need a ride to Mr. Wentz’s by six.” I paused hearing no response from Tom, Pete's regular driver. “Tom?” I questioned slowly. My brows knitting together confused. “Tom, can you come by and get me by six this morning?” I questioned again.

“What? Yeah, no problem. Sorry Miss Phight.” He stated quickly.

“See you at six then. Bye.” I hung up only to dial another number quickly listening to it ring several times as I paced the room bare foot.

The sound of my feet dragging across the carpet, and the sound of my tooth brush bristles running over my teeth were the only sounds in the awkwardly quite apartment.

Hola! You’ve reached the hot and amazing Pete Wentz. I’m not in right now or able to reach the phone, but please leave your name and number and if you sound hot, or you name rings a bell I’ll try and get back to you as soon as possible.” I rolled my eyes as he paused in his rather long phone message. “And if this is Ella stop calling me I don’t like you.” That was new, he use to tell a girl named Jessica to stop stalking him. “Leave your message for me after the-” It beeped cutting him off.

“Nice new message Peewee,” I licked my lips, pausing. “It’s not very funny, but you can thing that if you want. Um, you have to be ready by eight am at the latest and, yes, I know you went out to party last night but, I warned you, and you’re the one that set up this meeting. Not me.” I stated lightly and paused with a frown. “I’ll be there a little after six to get all your things ready. Remember by eight you lazy bum of a Rockstar.” With that I hung up tossing the phone onto my bed and went back to getting ready in a hurry.

By five-forty-two I was ready in a pair of black skinny jeans, bright yellow high-top converse, a bright yellow PARAMORE shirt, and an Invader Zim Hoodie. Grabbing my blackberry, my iPod, my headphones, keys, and my wallet I hurried out the door of my apartment towards the elevator.

I smiled at the small group of people waiting outside the large silver doors before I began organizing my things: Wallet back right pocket, iPod front left pocket, headphones running under my shirt and stick out of the top while plugged into my iPod, my Blackberry in the front left pocket of my hoodie, and my keys hanging from my right side belt-loop. My hands touching the spots lightly once the items were in their correct places.

Letting out a deep breath I bit my bottom lip, chewing on it nervously as I pulled my phone from my pocket and looked at the time: Five-forty-four

“Crap.” I whispered running a hand through my hair pushing around the messy and oddly dyed locks. “I’m gonna be late.” I added as my eyes darted to the stairs.

Narrowing my brows I tried to determine how fast I ran and how fast it could possibly take me to get down thirty-eight flights of stairs. Shifting my eyes back to the elevator, I waited. I wasn’t that fast, or that fit.

The doors flew open and everyone hurried inside and pressed the lobby button. Not one person having a different destination in the morning. My leg began to bounce nervously as I glanced at my phone again. Five-forty-five, Tom was probably waiting for me. Normally I was down stairs by five-forty-five he never had to wait.

Letting out a deep breath I watched the numbers of the floors tick by slowly, till the doors flew open on the ground floor. Hurrying out into the lobby I headed for the street. Just outside the large glass windows and doors, I could see the black Mercedes luxury model with pitch black tinted windows waiting for me.

“Hey Tom. Step on it.” I stated as I slid into the back seat pulling my phone out again, dialing quickly.

“Yes ma’am.” Tom muttered as I listened to the phone ring several times. My fingers tapping against the door frame impatiently.

Hola! You’ve reached the hot and amazing Pete Wentz. I’m not in right now or able to reach the phone but please leave your name and number and if you sound hot, or you name rings a bell I’ll try and get back to you as soon as possible. And if this is Ella stop calling me I don’t like you. Leave your message for me after the-

“Pete.” I snapped bitterly. “Get up.” I hissed through the phone the second the beep had cut his message off. “Now, it takes you almost an hour to shower. If you’re not up when I get there in about twenty minutes, you won’t be able to take a shower.” I hissed before hanging up, trying to recall the last time Pete even had time to shower. Nothing came to mind as I relaxed back into my seat looking through the date book in my phone. My eyes pausing on today’s meeting at nine.

“We’re here.” Nodding I leaned between the front seats towards Tom.

“Thanks, can you be here by eight?” I asked he nodded with a weak shrug. “Bye Tom.” I muttered climbing out of the car and heading up to the large building, waving at the receptionist behind the lobby desk. I headed towards the elevator doors, pressing the button gingerly as I waited.

Glancing at my clock I smiled, letting my shoulders relax. I was in the lobby at a good time there was nothing to worry about.

Stepping between the opening doors I hit the top floor button and let it carry me up to the loft and floor Pete owned for in town visits. Removing my keys from my belt loop I crossed my arms waiting for the elevator to finish its quick rise to the top.

Doors flying open, I stepped out of the elevator and into the small one person, pure white room with a large black door blocking me. Un-locking it I hurried through closing it and crossing the slick wooden floors to the winding stairs to the loft.

“Peewee!” I called up the stairs before ascending them and looking at the sack of skin twisted in the black sheets sleeping like the hung-over man he was.

Slowly crossing the room I stood over him and leaned over placing my hands into my jean pockets. “Pete.” I whispered, he didn’t move. “PETE!” I screamed he grunted and only shifted his weight away from me. “Okay then.” Stepping up onto his bed I began to jump up and down watching him flop around like a fish.

“Wha…?” He muttered. Stopping I leaned down, smiling at him, while he opened one swollen black eye to look up at me through his long lashes as he placed a hand on his forehead. “What?” He grunted his voice scratchy as he spoke.

“Get up. You got the Clandestine line expansion meeting today at nine.” He shifted onto his stomach and looked at his clock with half open eyes and little interest.

“It’s not even seven you crazy little midget.” He snapped pushing me off his bed with a hard shove. Stumbling off his bed I glared at him lightly. “Go away.” He mumbled into his pillow. “I need my sleep.” He added peering at my over the black linen of his pillow.

“It takes an hour to get across town.” I muttered lightly he grunted. “But whatever.” I muttered. “I’ll let you sleep for…” I glanced at my phone and counted out the minutes. “Another thirty minutes or so?” I asked lightly watching his reaction.

“Please?” He grumbled at me with a weak smile.

“Thirty minutes, that’s it.” I stated pointing at him as he buried his head into his pillow. Shaking my head I wandered down stairs glancing back at the messy loft. His cloths were everywhere along with a few girls cloths, and I’d rather not learn where they came from.

I stopped halfway down the stairs looking at the woman in the kitchen doorway staring at me with a cup of coffee in her hands.

“Umm…” She laughed nervously. “I didn’t know he had a girlfriend.” She gasped quickly pulling the long, over sized shirt down over her legs more. “I’m sorry.” Glancing behind me then back at her I stared confused.

“Pete doesn’t have a girlfriend.” I stated finishing my decent of the stairs and passing her.

“Then who are you?” She pointed at me with narrowed brows.

“Don’t point it’s rude.” I muttered, quickly grabbing a box of pop-tarts out of the cabinet and putting four into the toaster for Pete. “And I’m his personal assistant. We’ll be leaving about Eight-ish…” I muttered trying to calculate in my head as she nodded slowly. “So don’t worry you’re fine.” I stated grabbing the Advil and a bottle of water from the fridge. “Do you need anything?” I asked lightly while passing her again and heading up the stairs not even waiting for her response. I only had to be nice to the girls Pete randomly had drunk sex with, I didn’t actually have to do anything for them. “Hey Peewee.” I muttered he grunted. “I brought you Advil.” I stated watching his hand extend to me with superhero like speed. Dropping the two Advil’s in his hand I set the water bottle on the nightstand as he sat up to take them. “There’s also a girl down stairs.” He raised a brow at me a bit confused as he gulped down the pills. “I’ll have her gone before you go down stairs.”

“Please and Thank-you.” He grunted handing me back the water bottle and falling back into bed.

“Lazy bum.” I grumbled heading back down stairs and smiled at the woman. “Could you please get dressed?” I asked. She nodded still a bit confused. “Have you eaten?” She shook her head as she headed to the stairs. “I’ll make you something.” She smiled at me.

“Thank you.” She whispered as I vanished into the kitchen. Grabbing a few pieces of bread I replaced the super hot pop-tarts with the bread and hit the button letting them cook.

“Coffee!” I stated lifting my finger in the air and hurrying to the other side of the kitchen pouring Pete a cup of coffee into a large travel cup. Spinning back around as the toast popped I pulled it out laying it on a plate and hurried back up stairs. “Hi.” I smiled at her sitting next to Pete’s out cold from, fully dressed. “I made you toast, sorry it’s so cheap you can butter it or whatever if you want.” I stated grabbing one of the large duffle bags off the floor and dumping the cloths on the floor, not sure if it was clean or not. Picking up a shirt I sniffed hesitantly.

Coughing I dropped the smelly article of clothing back on the floor.

“Dirty.” I choked out to my self as she watched me grab clean cloths and put them into the bag along with a straightener, axe body spray, hair supplies, Pete’s make-up bag, a pair of socks, his wallet, phone, iPod, keys, and his folders and notebooks for the meeting.

Glancing at the clock I sighed and looked at her still watching me.

“I’m sorry but you’re going to have to go.” I muttered she nodded but didn’t move. “Now.” I added wandering back into the bathroom looking at all the clutter on the counter trying to figure out what half of it was and if he needed any of it for today.

Removing my phone I looked at the date book. He had his meeting at nine then at ten fifteen he had a photo shoot with the rest of the boys, then it was off to check in on DecayDance and Fueled by Ramen were doing financial wise, twenty minutes to look through a few demos that had landed on his desk, lunch, after lunch he had a meeting on the The Academy Is… and Cobra Starship’s tour going into motion and figure out all the tour dates already set and all the other possible dates. After that he didn’t have anything till about five when he’s to go to a promotional party for the new expansion of the clandestine line, whether they agree to extend it or not, he’s still going to expand it. Then he’s free and I’m done for the day unless he calls.

Pushing half the items off the counter into the bag I sighed and turned, freezing in the doorway at the woman still sitting on his bed playing with his hair.

“And he wonders why I tell him not to go out drinking by himself.” I whispered calling the front desk of the building. “Could you please send up two security guards to Mr. Wentz’s loft, thank-you.” I smiled and hung up wandering back into his room and setting down the bag.

I began to dig through his cloths again finding a pair of socks, clean boxers, clean black pants, his favorite Nikes, a yellow Rhino Power shirt- he wouldn’t have a problem wearing his line at the meeting- and a regular black zip-up hoodie.

“Should I go?” My eyes lifted to the girl as I set the cloths out for Pete on the empty night stand next to him.

“Yeah.” I muttered. Hadn’t I asked that only a few minutes ago?

“Okay.” She stated standing and wandering down the stairs as I pulled my phone out calling the front desk.

“Cancel the guards, sorry for the trouble.” I stated as I wandered to the railing of the loft and watched her wander out the front door. “Peewee, up.” I snapped as the door closed. Spinning I slapped at the bed. “Let’s go.” I muttered slapping him in the head.

“Ow! That hurt.” He gasped rubbing his throbbing head.

“We got ten minutes to get down to the car.” I snapped at him. He sprang out of bed and began running around looking for cloths. “I put some out for you on the night stand.” Spinning he turned to look at the cloths and hummed.

“You think I would have noticed that.” He stated grabbing them and stripping out of his cloths as I covered my eyes as to not see his naked body. “Anyway I thought I was only getting thirty minutes.”

“Well…” I paused thinking how I should put it. “You have a new stalker. She wouldn’t leave.” I muttered watching him slip boxers over his ankles. I gave myself a few extra seconds before uncovering my eyes as he struggled to get his pants on in a hurry.

“Do we get breakfast?” He muttered childishly as he tumbled to the floor, still trying to get his pants.

“Coffee and pop-tarts, we don’t have time to stop really if you wanna be early.” I stated “I’ll be down stairs you challenged-child.” He grunted as he finally got his pants on.

“I’m not a challenged-child!” He screamed as I hit the bottom of the stairs.

“You just had trouble putting on your pants.” I screamed back at him. Grabbing his coffee and pop-tarts, I waited by the door with my bag. “And don’t worry about anything but getting dressed! I’ve got everything in a bag so we can get you ready in the car!”

“Have I ever mentioned how much I love you?” He screamed running down the stairs at me with a wide smile.

“No, and please don’t ‘cause that’d just be kinda creepy.” I muttered throwing open the door as he took his pop-tarts and coffee. “Come on.” I groaned as he took forever crossing the lobby. “Learn to eat and walk at the same time.” I muttered. He simply flipped me off as he put another piece of pop-tart in his mouth.

“Now what?” He asked as the car left the curb and I pulled the straightener out and plugged it into the car’s lighter slot. I put it in the cup holder and pointed at him with narrowed eyes. “I won’t touch it. Jeez.” He gasped rolling his eyes. “It only happened that one time.”

“And what happened?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest watching him cast his gaze down as he fiddled with his thumbs. “What happened Pete?” I asked leaning in as he mumbled to himself.

“I couldn’t play bass for a week ‘cause I totally burned my index and middle finger.” He groaned glaring at me. “Happy?” I nodded lifted his make-up bag. “Gimme!” He gasped childishly as he snatched it roughly from my hand.

“Pete…” I muttered slowly as I shifted the bag, his bare feet came into view. “Where are your shoes?” I asked looking at him. Lifting his feet he wiggled his toes shrugging. “How’d you forget your shoes! They were on your feet!” I gasped throwing the bag down roughly.

“I never put them on.” He stated

“How could you not notice you weren’t wearing shoes?” I gasped gripping the bridge of my nose trying to calm down. “Wouldn’t you have noticed how cold the lobby floor was? It’s marble!” I snapped bitterly. He glared at me.

“Well sorry, I was eating!” He huffed looking back into the small compact mirror and went back to doing is eyeliner.

“Pete you can’t go to a meeting with out shoes on! Anything else today would have been fine, but… a meeting?” He paused and glanced at me lowering his hands to his lap.

“That does look bad doesn’t it?” He muttered as I nodded slowly, unable to comprehend how he could forget his shoes, they’d been sitting on top of his cloths. “Hmmm… can I have my Axe?” Pulling it out, I handed it to him. “Thank you darling.”

“One of these days,” I sighed glaring at him as he sprayed himself down. “I’m going to kill you.” He glanced at me and laughed at how serious I was being.

“Oh my god!” He laughed. “You’re totally serious!” He pointed.

“No, I’m joking like Jesus.” I stated hoping the confusing, and illogical statement would confuse him enough to focus on what he was doing.

“Dude! That’s an awesome saying!” Slapping my forehead, I leaned against the window with a groan. “I’m totally going to start using that.”

“Someone kill me.” I whispered staring out the window at all the people cluttering the sidewalk and passing cars.

“OW!! That frickin’ burns!”

“I said don’t touch the straightener Peewee!” I yelled glaring at him sucking on the tips on his index and middle fingers.

“Sowie.” He muttered lightly as I picked it up.

“It’s too earlier for this crap.” I whispered doing his hair for him as he laughed lightly.

“But ‘ew knoh ‘ew lub me.”

“Don’t talk with your fingers in your mouth.”