The Tick Tock of the Clock

Don't get blood on me.

“Okay,” I looked over at where Pete was as I wandered into the other room. “I got you a plain ticket to Chicago, you’ll leave tomorrow at eight a straight flight to Chicago, because knowing you everything set up for Disney land and I have no clue where the hotel is, how to get the rental car, where you got the rental car from, and…” He stopped as I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. “I’m sorry to make you do all that for us, but you’re going to have to. Or tell Trick and Andy what’s going on. It’ll just fluster me.” He stated laughing softly as he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into his lap. “So, do you want to do that? I’ll cancel the ticket from Disney to Chicago and get you one for when we leave from Phoenix…if that works for you?” I shook my head feeling everyone’s eyes on me.

“Where’s Derek?” I asked lightly. The urge to eat someone alive was eating and itching at me insides. Pete pulled back studying my face as I sat in his lap, arms draped around his neck.

His brows narrowed as he watched me, holding onto my waist tightly, trying to determine why I wanted the man I’d threatened through out the day. The man who was fighting with me over his job titles and I wanted to fire.

“You can’t fire Derek.” He whispered softly as if he was testing the statement.

“I don’t wanna fire him.” I huffed as I stood up wandering away.

“Well…then that only leaves eating him, and you’re not going to go carnivore on us. Because who knows, on the plane out of her you might get hungry and try to eat me or one of the other guys…” I grunted opening my bag grabbing two shirts out and wandering back into the room. As I opened my mouth Pete pointed. “You can’t eat Derek.” He snapped. Grunting at him I turned heading towards the bathroom in a huff.

“I was going to show you was an Italian neck tie was too.” I stated slamming the door behind me as I stepped into the bathroom. Removing my sweater I pulled on the yellow tank top, then the green-sadly enough- Fall Out Boy t-shirt before pulling my black sweater back on over it and stepping out of the bathroom.

“Oh dear Jesus!” my head snapped to Pete staring at the screen of the laptop. “Do you know what an actual Italian Neck Tie can be?” He gasped while the others moved around him looking at it. Jon flinched away instantly and ran off while Spencer and Brendon closed their eyes moving away.

“Yes, the mob used it on people who talked.” I stated lightly as Ryan’s brows came together while Pete pointed at the screen.

“Do you know the pictures you get on Google?!” He screeched pointing at it as Ryan seemed to study the pictures.

“There actually very nice ties.” Ryan smiled. “Pete seemed to find the only picture on Google that shows the mob’s style of neckties, if you can believe that.” Ryan laughed. “It’s rather graphic.” He whispered pointing at the screen before trudging off to get ready for their fun filled day of possibly nothing.

“I’m not surprised he found the only picture of it.” I stated going about picking up the cloths and trash strewn around the room in large piles. Sighing I began pulling the clothing apart determining what was Pete’s and what wasn’t.

“I’m calling Gabe!” Pete shot childishly pulling out his phone.

“I already told him, remember? I think I also told him I was getting him a bag of instant cement for Christmas too.” I smiled at him as he stood up walking over, sliding his phone away.

“Stop worrying about the mess.” He sighed placing his hands on my shoulders. “Eat something, and just relax.” He sighed. “Please, I’m begging you. And after begging I’m down to plan D, and that’s pinning you down and force feeding you.” He stated lightly.

“What was plan A, B, or C?” I asked lightly.

“A was ask kindly. B was be forceful and hope to god she doesn’t punch me in the nuts.” I smiled at him laughing a bit letting my arms drop to my sides as I watched him smile back at me. He’s always had the perfect smile. “I’m on plan C and that’s begging, and praying it actually, dear god, works.” He whispered softly placing a hand on top of my head. “Now, please, eat something for me?” I nodded letting him take the cloths from my hands.

“Can I ask why this room’s a mess and the other isn’t though?” I asked lightly walking back to Jon and Spencer’s room where all the food was located.

“Because this is your’s, Spencer’s and Jon’s room and Brendon, Ryan and I are sharing the other. Isn’t that enough of an explanation?” He asked sitting next to me as he waved a hand at the two tables half littered with food before us. Nodding I looked at the food, nothing looked good, not even the fruit and I lived off fruit mainly.

Reaching out, I stopped feeling my pocket vibrate. Pulling the phone out I answered it; jumping up from the couch as Pete reached for it.

“No! No! Eat! Ella!” He scolded as I pushed him away.

“Hello?” I asked quickly listening to the arguing on the other end of the line. “Hello?” I asked again desperately as Pete backed off a bit watching me with the others.

“Hey, Ella, it’s Joe.” He stated lightly I let my shoulders drop a bit relived that it wasn’t a police officer again. “We just landed, and Trick did this magical thing with the force…” He trailed off listening to the others. “It’s the Force I tell you! The Force!” he snapped, clearing his throat for me. “We’ll be on a plane out of Oklahoma City in less than five minutes. Once I hang up, I’ll have stepped out the plane, I’m going down the tunnel thing now. So…yeah. Trick say’s we’ll be in Phoenix by eleven-thirty or so.”

“Okay, Okay Joe…hey!” I snapped as Pete took my phone from me.

“Star-wars man!” Pete yelled happily. “I don’t care if you’re… oh then I’ll chat you up later.” Pete hung up. “See, everything is starting to work out… a little.” He muttered as I sank back down into my spot on the couch staring at the ground. Everything was going to be okay, but I still didn’t have a sister anymore. “I’m sorry not everything can be back to norm.” Snorting I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a croissant off the table throwing it at him.

“Shut up,” I gasped glaring at him a bit annoyed. “Nothing is normal with you.” I hissed at him while he stuffed the food into his mouth shrugging. “I mean, seriously, how many assistants have to usher out girls before their boss wakes up?” I asked he shrugged.

“The cool ones?” He asked lightly as I picked up a strawberry and took a smile bite of it as I stared at the ground. “I know it’s not my business, but which sister? I know you have two, and I’ve met both. So… could I know?” He asked softly placing his arm around my shoulder, hugging me into his side as I nibbled on the strawberry.

“Honestly Pete, do you think Kris would have a kid, or could even handle a kid if she did give birth?” I asked shortly glaring at the table as the others moved around us trying to collect their things and moved about with out disturbing us.

“So, Mary?” He asked, I nodded slowly thinking back to the phone conversation.

“Yeah, but… they never said her name.” I whispered pulling out my phone and looking at the unknown number that had come in at that time. “And I still don’t know the number.”

“Call ‘um back.” Pete stated lightly. My eyes glossed over the number trying to remember if I’d seen it anywhere before. “Give me it.” Pete snatched my phone hitting call as he placed it to his ear. “Brendon, grab her!” He screamed as I reached for the phone.

“Pete! No give me my phone! Don’t call them!” I yelled I didn’t want to confirm it was the police station and Mary really was gone. I wanted it to be a jerk calling to screw with me and not be true. “Brendon!” I screamed as arms locked around my middle pulling me back. My arms trapped at my sides as I kicked wildly.

“Holy crap she’s a wiry one!” I stopped turning to look at Brendon and his bad Scottish accent. “What you are.” He stated lightly before I went back to kicking my legs and wiggling.

“Hello, this is Pete Wentz… I’m calling on behalf of the death of Mary Phight…” Pete’s voice cut like a knife making me freeze. “I’m Isabella Phight’s… significant other.” He stated lightly. “Yeah, she doesn’t believe it, and she wanted me to call.” Everything seemed frozen other than Pete’s lips moving to form the words he spoke and my heart beat lodged in my throat. “Really, yeah… mmhm…” He stated lightly nodding his head. “What’s, yes, I get that… I get that.” Pete snapped lifting a hand to his lips pulling on his bottom lip. “I get… I get that, stop repeating it, I’m asking about the damn kid.” Pete went silent. “I wanna know the kids damn name.” He snapped. “Thank you.” Pete hung up looking at me. “The kid’s names Jack.” He whispered I nodded, already knowing that. “I’m sorry.” He whispered as Brendon put me down.

Nodding I felt my knees give and my legs collapse under me. Sinking to the ground quickly I stared at my hands pressed to the carpet in two curled fists. Licking my lips I sniffled a bit trying not to cry as my chest burned and my muscles shook.

“Ella?” lifting my head I looked at Pete kneeling in front of me, reaching out towards me. “Ella, it’ll be okay, I promise.” He whispered. “I don’t know how, or anything but I know it will. Because I can tell you this much, you and that kid need each other.” He wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a tight hug.

“We have to leave soon Pete.” I whispered. It was probably near one by now and we already broke our promise to Crystal to be there early in the morning.

“Okay, but I’m driving.” He whispered lightly standing up. “Cause I don’t think you could handle it, and yes,” He sighed helping me to my feet before I could even open my mouth. “I know how to get back there from here.” He stated lightly nodding his head letting go of my hands lightly waiting for something to happen. “I’m going to go pack my things. You put your shoes on and give me that little black book of yours.” He stated walking back into the other room grabbing his cloths and fighting with the others over where his favorite pants were.

Sinking back to the ground I hunched over holding my head as my legs stuck out to the sides, making a W shape with the lay I huddled.

“Ella…” I didn’t even flinch at the hand on my back. I sniffled, letting the tears drip from my eyes silently. “Ella, do you need a hug?” Jon asked softly as he rubbed my back lightly. Shaking my head I waved my hand a bit for him to go away. He simply sat next to me and rubbed my back lightly trying to get me to calm down as I choked back sobs. “Pe-” I slapped at him to shut up, Pete didn’t need to worry.

“Wha… just let her try, she needs to get it out.” Pete muttered softly; he was probably standing in the doorway as he watched Jon and I. “Just stay…” He paused looking for the words, more than likely rolling his hands as he thought. “Near her.” Pete muttered lightly, the worry in his voice was very pronounced as I broke into heavy sobs on the floor.

“Okay.” Arms circled my waist lifting me up off the ground, I’d cried my self out. I let my limbs just hang as they lifted me off the ground. “Crap.” I looked at Pete as he placed me against his chest. “We’re leaving now. It’s hardly eight, so relax.” He muttered as he seemed to walk to the door while holding my legs to his waist.

“It’s only eight?” I whispered up at him as the door opened.

“Yes, it’s hardly eight.” He laughed pulling my hood up. “Hey Zack, Derek.” Turning I looked at Derek with narrowed eyes, despite how swollen they were. “Okay, Derek, please run.” Pete laughed placing his hand over my eyes so I could stop glaring at Derek.

“What’s wrong?” Zack asked.

“I’ll tell you later, but we’re leaving.” Pete muttered moving past them and letting his hand drop back to my legs holding me up.

“I’d wait, there’s like, tons of people with cameras.” Pete slowed to a stop with a soft ‘shit.’. Wiggling, I had him put me down. Taking a deep breath I held my hand out. Pete placed my bag in my hands and watched as I dug through it finding my sunglasses and shoes. Sitting down I placed both on.

“Ella, lets just wait.” Pete muttered softly, trying to avoid any and all problems.

“No. I wanna hurt someone and those people if they make the wrong move or look, I can do it legally.” I stated standing up as he groaned placing a hand on his head.

“Ella, this isn’t a good…” He trailed off as I turned to glare at him through my large Ray Bands. “Coming.” He smiled at me placing his large sunglasses on as well. “But I’m still driving.” He added as we wandered down the hall to the elevator. “I can still drive right?” He asked putting his arm around my shoulders lightly. Nodding he smiled still. “Good.” He muttered. “I was looking forward to it.” He muttered as the large silver doors opened and we stepped in. “Also,” He muttered as I pressed the button. “Don’t get blood on me when you attack, these are my good cloths on this trip.” He stated running a hand over his chest lightly as he licked his lips.

“Deal.” I stated with a sharp nod as the doors closed and went down.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please. :)