The Tick Tock of the Clock

that fiend!

“Thank you.” I smiled at the woman behind the counter when she actually gave me the right directions instead of just asking me about things I’d need for our room or things to do later on after the culture festival.

Turning quickly I hurried off to the couches where Pete and Jack were still coloring. Sitting down next to him I sighed looking at the directions I’d imputed into my phone.

“Stop staring.” I whispered softly to Pete feeling his gaze on my face. He leaned over resting his head against my shoulder. “You have the Red Dragon DJ after wards.” I whispered to him as he sat up. Nodding he picked up a different crayon as Jack pointed at the unfinished picture they were coloring together. “So, we’ll leave around two or when the guys get back.” I added leaning back into the couch trying to get my muscles to relax into the soft cushions.

“Alright, but Pat texted me a couple minutes ago, they might be a little while.” My eyes lifted to him a bit confused. They took Brendon to the air port only a few hours ago, I know they saw him off but it doesn’t take that long to get back. “They’re lost.” He laughed as I rolled my eyes putting my hands behind my head, my arms up. “So yeah.”

“Then we wait.” I muttered softly closing my eyes hoping to get some more sleep. My muscles froze and locked up feeling something slid under my lower back. I didn’t have time to open my eyes or react. “Dear god Peter put me down!” I screamed as he lifted me onto his shoulder, laughing like a maniac.

“Uh…no.” He stated rather calmly before he went back to laughing as he wandered towards the elevator. My head swiveled in every direction as I looked around the nearly empty hotel lobby. The woman behind the counter looked completely shocked and horrified.

“Where’s Jack?” I asked quickly still looking around. Pete simply lifted Jack up with his other arm. Sighing I placed a hand over my face as I let him carry me into the elevator. “Oh my god, that scared me.” I whispered just hanging there as Pete whistled along with the music as the elevator rose to our floor. He didn’t even care he’d nearly given me a heart attack.

“So I was thinking…” Pete started.

“No, no thinking. Last time you had a thought it had horrible consequences that I still have to deal with today.” I muttered. “You don’t getta think.” I stated as he grumbled under his breath that I should let him finish talking before jumping to conclusions.

“It’s a good thought.” He stated as the large silver doors opened.

“That’s what you said about your last thought.” I gasped back at him placing my elbow on his shoulder blade and propping my head up in my hand watching as we moved away from the elevator. The ride wasn’t smooth, it was bouncy and awkward as we passed two people in the hallways, it was an elderly couple blinking a bit unsure at what was going on, but they smiled back at me when I smiled and waved to be polite.

“Aren’t they cute together Herb?” Groaning I hung my head, even elderly people who didn’t read gossip magazines were even thinking we were together. The elderly man she was with just nodded with a grunt. “And their son is adorable.” She added in a hush as Pete stopped and turned at the door. Looking over my shoulder I waited for him to open the door and let us in.

“Pete…” I asked slowly. “Oh my god!” I gasped as he let go of my waist. I slid down his chest quickly, landing on my feet. I couldn’t move for a few seconds as I clung to him with my eyes wide. “You ass!” I growled the second my mind returned. “You scared the crap out of me!” I muttered slapping at him several times, Jack laughing at Pete’s pain. “Don’t do that!” I added actually punching him in the arm.

“Ow!” Pete gasped at me as his eyes screwed shut and him mouth dropped open. “Your little fist hurts.” He whined hunching over a bit in pain. Huffing I placed my hands on my hips.

“What was that for anyway?” I asked watching him, he pointed at the door. “Oh my god.” I breathed placed my hands over my face. “You couldn’t open it, could you?” I asked watching from between my fingers as he shook his head. Taking in a deep breath I turned around pulling the key from my sweater pocket and opened the door. “You amaze me sometimes.” I whispered letting him walk in as he cradled Jack in both his arm almost in attempt to not be hit again. “You really do.”

“But you love me anyways…” I paused at his words frowning.

“Haven’t we already had this conversation?” I asked lightly crossing my arms over my chest as Pete put Jack down and set the coloring book and box of crayons on the table nodding.

“Yeah.” He sighed. “At the airport.” He stated I nodded pointing at him lightly. “We also discovered you’re preggers.” He added laughing as I rolled my eyes at him walking towards the kitchen. “What’cha doin’?” Pete asked childishly following me into the kitchen, Jack hot on his trail as well.

“Makin’ lunch since we have time.” I stated lightly opening the fridge, the almost completely empty whiteness of it burning my eyes. I went about opening the drawers in hopes to find something to make.

“What are yeah making?” Pete asked as Jack forced himself between my arms looking into the open drawer with me as Pete peered over the fridge door down at us.

“The only thing we have to make.” I sighed grabbing the package and standing up, Jack looped in my arms still. Pete shut the door as I held the package up. “Hot dogs.” He groaned a bit disappointed by the idea, but didn’t object as I moved around him.

Sitting Jack on the counter I opened the package placing the hot dogs on a plate.

“Do we have buns?” Pete asked lightly only to get a shrug in response as I put them plate in the microwave, Jack watching my every move. “We’ve got ketchup…” He mused lightly putting the bottle on the counter as he began searching the cabinets.

“I don’t think we have any.” I stated turning around to lean on the counter and watch him. Huffing he turned back to me with a scowl. “Hey, I don’t just eat bread products when I need a snack.” I stated as Pete stood over me, hands on the counter next to me.

“Pat…” He whispered eyes shifting back and forth. “That fiend...” Rolling my eyes I pushed him away as the microwave began to beep. Removing the plate I put four on a plate for Pete and two on a plate for Jack and cut them up into bite sized pieces. “Um.. what are you doing?” Pete asked lightly watching me cut it up with the plastic silverware we had to use.

“Cutting them up so he can eat them.” I muttered in a duh fashion as I picked Jack up off the counter and grabbed the plate in one hand. Pete muttered and simple oh as I placed Jack in his chair with the large phone book with his plate in front of him. “Don’t make a mess.” I stated as he picked up the fork dabbing a small chunk in the ketchup on the side of the plate with a nod.

“Here.” Pete muttered passing me my plate off food. Looking down at it I blinked a bit confused by the cut up pieces them looked up at Pete sitting next to Jack, his hot dogs cut up as well. “What?” He asked lightly a few pieces in his mouth.

“You’re a nerd.” I stated sitting down across from them. “I sweet thoughtful nerd, but a nerd.” I muttered watching as he smiled at me. He’d simply cut our food up so Jack wouldn’t feel so much like a little kid being the only one to eat his food cut up into little chunks.

“Why thank you.” He muttered.

“Don’t talk with food in your mouth.” I stated lightly shaking my head as I took a few bites of my food as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so I was going to just give away who was in the mystery point of view,
but then I decided I wouldn't. cause I nice like that. :)
But there is a hint in the chapter, and there will be a hint in the following chapters to who it is as well.
A few of you have figured it out, I give you gold stars, but I'm not saying who.
Sorry it took so long to get them out. I've just been a little caught up in things.
Sorry for the wait. Hope you enjoyed it.