The Tick Tock of the Clock

Must be given seven days in advance.

Leaning back in my chair, I ran my hands over my face annoyed. I couldn’t find anyone willing to make enough cakes or a big enough cake for tonight; for two-thousand dollars or lower.

Groaning I snatched my loud, ringing phone off the table and answered with out looking.

“Hello, Ella Phight.” I muttered sitting up right hearing chuckling.

This is Sisky Business!” Groaning I ran my hand over my face again as I cut him off.

“Sisky call me one more time to tell me you’re going to be at Beckett’s birthday party and they’ll never find your body.” I hissed at him through the phone, only to hear the dial tone. “Thank god.” I whispered making sure it was hung up and laid the phone back down on the table as I stared at the papers that told me what I needed for the party and how much I was aloud to spend on it. I also had the notebook full of invited guest- currently flipped open to the page Sisky Business was on.

Checking next to his name again I counted how many times he’d actually called me to just tell me he was going to be at his roommate’s birthday party.

“Sixty-eight.” I paused as I licked my lips. “I bet you anything they’ve been filming TAI T.V. again.” I hissed glaring at the paper. They also bugged me when they were doing TAI T.V. to bother me or to tell me that I needed to yell at Sisky and The Butcher to knock it of and stop scaring people. “Well, here we go again.” I muttered lifting my phone as I began to flip through the large Chicago phone book in my lap.

“Hello.” I smiled as the person picked up.

Hello this is Miss Dwight’s special cakes. How can I help you?” The woman’s kind voice rang out through the phone receiver. Smiling at the phone my hopes were high. She sounded nice and hopefully willing.

“I was wondering if you could make enough cakes for one-hundred-and-fifty people.” I stated lightly listening to the silence. “It’s for Pete Wentz and William Beckett. It’s going to be a combined party tonight-” I froze as the dial tone rang in. “DAMN IT!” I screamed stomping my feet childishly glaring at my Blackberry phone. “If Pete were here he could do it.” I hissed lightly. He had the charm I needed right now, though I was hoping by adding Pete into the sentence she’d agree and not hang up on me.

There was only one more thing for me to do.

“Peewee…” I whined into the phone as he answered.

What Ella?” He whined back, mocking me as he laughed at my misery.

“No one in town wants to make Beck’s a cake. I even said it was your birthday on half and they just all hung up on me.” I whined stilled playing with the papers on the phonebook as I stared at the table lightly.

Seriously?” He gasped. “That’s rude.”

“Yeah, try being the one hung up on.” I sighed, he laughed at my bitter tone. “Do something, and tell Sisky to stop calling me!” I growled as my phone began to beep telling me I had another call on the line. “Before I kill him! Bye.” I snapped hanging up on Pete and answering. “What?” I growled.

Oh I’m sorry. I was just wondering if you could help.” I paused at the soft, slightly squeaky voice.

“Sorry Beck’s, I’m having a bit of a bad day.” I muttered flipping through the phone book looking for any cake places or bakeries that would help me out because Pete wasn’t going to be able to call till later around the time I got there.

I’m sorry Princess.” William sighed. “But Sisky, Butcher, and Chizz are kinda freaking me out right now. There running around like chickens with there heads cut off.” He gasped as the noise in the background filtered through the phones; it wasn’t any new sounds when talking to Will.

“Billy, I’m sorry to say but that’s not anything new.” I sighed. “And I don’t have time to kick their asses or I totally would because they won’t leave me alone.”

Are you the one they keep calling and yelling ‘B.B. Yes’ like bad porn stars?” Laughing I covered my mouth, it was rather hilarious to listen to the three of them scream in into the phone, annoying but funny.

“Yeah.” I sighed lightly and paused. “Could you hold on a second I gotta call someone it’s important that I get this like now…” I sighed, waiting for his response. It wasn’t nice to hang up on the Birthday Boy.

Sure.” He muttered sounding rather indifferent about the whole thing.

“Thank-you.” I gasped switching him to hold and dialing the cake place I missed. “Hello?” I gasped quickly into the phone as it rang twice and picked up.

Hello Fantasy cakes. How can we help you?

“I need enough cake for a hundred-and-fifty people by tonight.” There was a pause and I wasn’t beating around the bush. “I can pay you two-thousand dollars, but that’s all I was given to pay for cake.” I muttered lightly rather annoyed Pete couldn’t tell me about this any other time than last night around nine pm where it was impossible to plan ahead for this whole thing.

“What kinda cake?” My heart skipped a few beats as I sighed laying my head on the table in joy.

“Vanilla cake with lemon filling?” I questioned lightly. “And butter cream frosting of any color and I don’t care about design.” I muttered ignoring the things Pete wanted for the cake. He wanted Chocolate with Chocolate filling and a crazy monkey that looked like Will on it. But those are things Pete wanted and I knew Will would much rather have lemon filling and vanilla cake.

Uh yeah…” The man muttered a bit confused.

“I can come down and pay you right now.” I muttered “In cash.” I stated waiting for a response and only getting silence. “Sir?”

This might be a little tough I got a call from Pete Wentz wanting the same thing only he’s insides are different and he’s willing to pay more. So…

“Damn you Pete!” I yelled. “I’m sorry I’m Pete’s assistant umm… but there was a last minute change in what the actual person we’re planning this party for wants in the cake. So… could you?” I asked The man nodded.

Is your name Ella Phight?

“Yeah…” I muttered confused as the man laughed.

He asked if you’d called and said you might. No problem. Do you still want the Monkey on it?” Slapping my forehead I sighed debating whether or not I wanted to really bug Pete and get rid of his monkey.

“Leave the monkey.” I stated

You’ll have to bring a picture down of the guy.” He muttered I paused

“I can bring him down if you make sure not to let out the cakes are for him…” I muttered

Works for me.” He laughed.

“Be down there soon. Thank you, you are a life savor.” I stated as we both hung up and I picked Will’s call back up. “I wish to save you, wanna go look at Cakes with me?” I asked listening to the silence.

What?” Will choked out a bit startled. “Cake looking?” He paused as I muttered a soft yeah. “Are you, Pete, or someone I know getting married and you're stuck with the party planning?” I licked my lips.

“No, I’m planning a party for the celebration of the expansion of Clandestine Industries. Pete had a meeting this morning, they agreed,” I lied “And he wants to formally announce it by the end of the week.” I muttered listening the screams and crashes on the other end.

Fine, just get me out of this apartment!” Laughing I listened to the dial tone as I stood collecting all my things debating if I could con Will into helping me get all the things for his party by saying it was for Pete’s. I’ve done it to Andy and Patrick before and said close to the same things and Will does sometimes have a lapse in brains.

“Did you get everything plan…hey Will…” Pete muttered as Will and I picked the guys up from the photo shoot close to an hour later. Nodding I glanced at Will as he waved at Pete.

“You know you’re lucky you have her.” Will muttered pointing at me as I began texting Pete to let him know what was going on and to keep his mouth shut, other wise he wouldn’t. “So I heard about your new expansion and the party at the end of the week.” Will laughed as Andy and Patrick turned to me glaring knowing what I was doing to the poor birthday boy. What’d you want from me, Will’s cheap labor right now!

“What?” Pete muttered. “Oh yeah, those old suckers were kinda not expecting me to be so damn forceful.” Rolling my eyes at his cocky tone I lifted the guest list notebook and held it up to him. “Holy crap they called you that many times?” He laughed pointing at the names Sisky and the Butcher.

“There not going to be found, I’m sorry to say but The Academy Is… is not longer a band. After tonight they’re going to just vanish with out a trace.” I stated nodding my head as the guys all laughed at me, but Pete who draped an arm over my shoulder.

“You guys shouldn’t be laughing she’s serious.” Pete muttered chuckling lightly as the rest of the guys faces dropped and paled. “Everyone should know this rule, never call her more than four times on a subject unless you’re me, and that only works because she works for me.” Pete nodded ruffling my hair lightly. “And I know I’m lucky to have her as an assistant Will. She does everything for me.” He laughed stressing the word ‘everything’ as he laughed at the guys.

“I remember when you use to do things and my job was more of an assistant job than a babysitter job.” I hissed up at him while he laughed patting me on the head, just ignoring me. “Ass.” I grunted while I looked at the window.

“So do we have the cake with the Monkey on it?” Pete pressed as he clapped his hands. I simply nodded lightly. “That looks like?” I nodded again staring at him blankly. “Sweet! Also,” My eyes narrowed at him. “We need to plan to be at the Honda Civic Tour when they announce its Panic playing.” He stated rather nonchalant as my mouth dropped open and my eyes went wide.

“That’s in two days!” I screamed at him as he shrugged lightly. “Can’t you tell me anything in advance?! Like everything you want done that’s big must be given to me seven days in advance so that I could actually, get this, plan things out right!” He bobbed his head.

“But where’s the fun in that?” Slamming my head against the window I listened to him laughing at me as the other guys tried to get me to stop. “Seriously, where would the fun be?” Turning I glared at him with a growl.

“You’re going missing with the other two.” I hissed at him.

“You know what’s funny?” Pete muttered. “If I needed someone killed I’d just tell them to call your number till they got a hold of me then tell you to tell them to stop calling and you’d end up killing them and they’d never find the body.” He gasped at the idea and paused rubbing his chin. “And you use to be so sweet and innocent, I wonder what happened?” He sighed tapping his chin.

“You corrupted her!” Joe gasped throwing his arms up dramatically.

“You over work her.” Will sighed as Andy and Trick pointed lightly agreeing with him. “A cake for over eighty people and paying under two-thousand dollars is hard enough but over a hundred-and-fifty people is damn near impossible!” William gasped lightly with wide eyes. Pete shrugged lightly not seeing the problem with this.

“You’re going to kill her one day.” Andy sighed reaching over and rubbing my shoulder lightly.