Status: In Progress please leave feedback i want it

After the End: The Escape

The Drell

They Kept shooting at me and Sara then the gun shots keep shooting but not here they were shooting out there and then a loud howling noise and then a little after more from the woods then the gunshots became screams and then nothing. I peeked out the window and they were torn up and there were three more of those things. They begun to drag the bodies into the building and the one I saw before now was bleeding a little but it was a bit bigger.
Seemed like it was in charge and I could hear them eating the guards and it wasn’t quite they were vicious and I just sat there and said “We have to leave soon we cant stay here with these things any longer. We cant start the bikes engine or they will hear it and I don’t think we can outrun them maybe we can sneak it out the back get it to the big road and start it there and head north more.” “Okay lets go” We loaded everything up and started out the back we could hear them but it didn’t sound good they sounded like they were done eating and as we got to the ramp up to the big road I looked back and they walked out we jumped on and I started it and punched it we cruised up the ramp flipped around and went down the road and I could hear them howling and saw them everyone in awhile following from the tree’s. They were fast we kept going and going and they were howling and then they stopped howling we kept driving and then I looked back and there they were on the road and following us then ahead I saw something it was a large scrap metal wall and there seemed to be people on top guns fired but not at us but at the creatures they one fell and the others turned and ran. The gates opened and four men ran past us and toward the body and one walked up to me an older man and said “Who are you I have seen these bikes but not for over four-teen years you look like one of the men who came a few times” “That would be my father” “Do you know why they stopped coming they were always good trade partners” “No I remember that they found some seed’s and fertilizer to start growing own food and then my father and mother fell ill and ended up dyeing.”
He let us in and said “Can you describe the illness” “They were pale they got really skinny and stopped eating a cough and vomiting.” “Oh we know about that it is transmitted threw Zards but only the really large alpha’s bite can transfer it initially then once in humans it is contagious by close proximity.” “Wow I always wondered why they stayed away from me and didn’t leave the house they knew it would spread and didn’t want me to get it.” “okay well where we come from we escaped it we didn’t like it there and wanted a choice so we left and well her father is one of the leaders of the settlement and he actual sent some people after us I wouldn’t want to get you in trouble with them.” “No they wont know you’re here even if they come no one will talk to them” “Why” “Outsiders are not talked too” “so anyone not from here are not talked to” “No only those who don’t fit in” “So are clothes are different and foreign” “Yes we will get u some new ones” We waited and he came back with some dusty looking clothes that’s partially leather.
We put the clothes on and he said “Now you will look like normal folk he showed us around town and I asked “So the things chasing us what were they” “they’re called Drell they are like wolves we believe that’s what the used to be before everything.” “Oh so they’re new to these parts I guess” “Yes how did you know” “My dad’s journal its everything he saw out here” “Well except for you guys” “Oh that was the note pad he always wrote in must didn’t want your people to know we were here” He showed us to a large building “This is the Bar they rent rooms out and id like to pay you for leading that creature here as well for something your father sold us and said “he would come pick up the money in a few weeks” “Wait so he was planning on getting money.” “Yeah he talked about getting his wife and kid and leaving” “Oh well I guess I can accept it and wait what is the money out here” Hey handed me a sack with weird colored chips in it “These are called chips they used to be used for gambling and there were lots of them around in certain regions and they spread as a common wealth and are used everywhere.”
We put them away and he walked in with us and said “These two need a room” “Don’t recognize you two new to the area” “You could say that” “Okay just 3 blues for the first while and ill just let you know when its time to pay more” “Okay we walked up to the room and the man talked to her more and then left himself. We went to find that the room was nice for me it was a nice big bed had some place for clothes and a bathroom. I tossed my bag down and Sara said “Hey Shady how do we pay for this room again if we need to” “I don’t know the old guy might have some work for us” “Ya I finally thought of what I want to change my name too.” “Oh yeah what would that be” “Flarea it has a good ring to it” “So we are Shady and Flarea sounds like a good name combo” She smiled and we laid down to rest we must have passed right out cause we both got woke up from a knock at the door. I got up and opened the door and there was a younger man standing there and he said “Shady was it umm the sheriff asked me to keep a look out for solider types and they pulled up at the gate in a large truck and are trying to find you two but don’t worry there asking about what you use to wear and the inn keeper knows not to tell them your new and she put u down for being here two weeks prior to you paying two weeks.” “ Okay well let the sheriff we would enjoy some work if any came up” “Ill tell him just stay low from these guys they look trigger happy” We closed the door and Sara got up and I said “Well Sara there here guess they just came threw the gate in there hummer” “Flarea” “Sorry its going to take some getting used to” “He told me that there asking about what we used to look like and they will look for new renters if they find the place so the women put that we already have been here for two weeks” “Okay so what do we do if they check are room” “I don’t know im going to go out and see if I can find some stuff to disguise my self a little more” I walked out and down to the inn main floor and said “Thanks for the hiding us from the soldiers do you know where I can find some stuff do disguise myself a little” “Yeah if you walk out and turn right outside the door and head down 2 buildings there is a store for clothes maybe you could find some stuff” “Thanks and if they come and demand to check guests say are room is empty make something up like were out hunting or something.” I walked out side and saw two soldiers across the way and turned and quickly walked over to the store and went in quick and walked to the counter and said “Hey im looking for something to kind of disguise my self a little send a different image of who I am” “I think I got some stuff depends what are you going for” “Outlander hunter look maybe with something that completely hides me even more” “I may have something just for that” She walked away and then came back with some small stuff and said “What your wearing is standard and we can just add some stuff on there just a blue 5 whites I checked and had 2 blues 9 whites and even a red I gave her them and she said come here ill help you strap on she put a shoulder bad with some reptile skin and a hat then she gave me some more pads for like my elbows and knees then said “now like u asked something that doesn’t make sense for you but hides you” she took the hat off and put an eye patch on but I could see threw it “Why can I see threw it” “It’s a cool fabric I picked up that has a black film on it to let your eye see threw but not be seen it is a costume I think from way back.”
I put the hat on and said hey maybe think up some outlander hunter things for a girl hunter ill bring her by when I can just maybe think on some stuff she needs a little more concealment we are kind of on the run from a walled off settlement that is crazy and they want to kill me and take her back to her farther” “Oh I heard of you think your up for work maybe” “Yeah anything that can get some money but were pretty ill equipped but ill do it what ever you need” “I need more zard skins I find normal clothes and stuff and make them more custom and running low maybe if you get a big enough one I got something I could do for your friend” “Okay ill let her know and we will see if we can get out you know where I can find a group or bigger one” “Ya here take this map its an old map of the area but see here there is a store and they dug a burrow in the back of it and moved in watch out for the Alpha he should sleep all day and night and not come out unless his entire nest is in danger.” If he comes out you have to be a good shot and be above him which is hard since he is around six feet tall but if you shoot him on the top of his head middle of wear eyes are and about an inch back from the eyes it’s a weak spot in the skin and one shot there will put him down.
Okay I walked out to the street and started back towards the inn and a solider stopped me I held me breath for a second and he said “Have you seen either of these people I looked right at him and he didn’t recognize me looked at the picture and said “Yeah I have they were coming for the wall and then made a sharp turn off and had 4 Drell behind them proubly dead in the woods to the north” “Drell? “ Yeah big wolf creatures that are hard to kill unless you know where to shoot what you lived behind a wall all your life” Then pushed past him and walked into the inn and right to my room sat on the bed and said “Holy shit” “What Shady” “One of the soldiers stopped me on the road and didn’t recognize me” “What did he say” “Asked if I knew us and showed pictures” “What did you say” “I told him I saw them on a bike they were headed for the wall and then turned off and were being chased off into the woods” Then there was a knock at the door I opened it and the young man was sitting there and said “There gone one ran to the others and they then jumped into the hummer and roared off into the north woods” “Oh my god it worked” “What worked” “he didn’t recognize me like this I told them we drove off that way and might be dead” “Okay well I hear you are helping Eliza with Zard skins” “Yeah got any tips how not to anger the alpha” “Well don’t kill its kind or at lease don’t let it know.”
Okay well were heading to hunt them now any advice on good weapons for hunting them for skins” “Well there weak so maybe just your knifes will kill them just as long as you don’t wake up the alpha.” We walked out and got are motorcycle and drove out of town and as I was driving Flarea said “Hey didn’t you tell the soldiers that you were heading this way” “Yeah but were disguised” “But the bike isn’t” “well they had a half an hour lead.” Then I saw the turn of and we got to the store it was covered in vines but there was a door cleared away.
We opened it up and saw some stuff scurry away and we pulled out are knives and I looked around and saw some places and ways to get higher up to shoot the alpha. “here flarea take the gun and get up there and cover me but only from the alpha aim for about an inch back from there eyes right in the center. I walked around and had a few come at me and it was simple just quick slashes with my hunting knife weaklings then one came running at me a bit bigger it tackled me to the ground and there was a gun shot and it echoed threw the building and then we I heard something outside and looked up and Flarea said “I got the alpha” “That’s wasn’t the alpha it was just a bigger one” “Oh wops” Then the door got kicked in and there were the guards and one said “Hey your that guy I talked to in the street” “Yeah now can you maybe keep your voice down im hunting” “Hunting?” “Yeah Zard skins for someone in town” “You seem to have killed quite a few of them” “Yeah but you got to keep it down don’t want to wake the Alpha” “How bad could this Alpha be these are tiny things and your using just a knife” “Yeah but he is bad news” Then Flarea Yelled “Shady The Alpha is coming I see it in the back” “Flarea get ready lets get his skin” I pulled my knife and one of the solder’s said “Your name is Shady and who was that girl where is she” “Shut up you fool the alpha is coming she is in a vantage point” Then this hulking six foot five zard walked out and let out a large hiss then charged us and I yelled “Flarea get ready ill keep him in one place hopefully” Then the guards began shooting and just crackling off its skin “Idiots there is only one way to really kill it now stop” I turned and it was gone and said “Great now it could be anywhere, You see it Flarea” “No it moved row the rows and I cant see it.” Then they began shooting and screaming it had bitten couple and they were running out I threw my knife at it and it turned and I yelled “Come get some ugly” it ran over in a waddle and hissed in my face and I yelled “Got a shot” Then a loud gun shot and I felt the Zard tackle me then nothing I opened my eyes and it was dead and on top of me I could hear Flarea “Shady you okay did he bite you” “No but its pretty heavy” She helped me push it off I sat up and looked around and said “Lets skin these things and head back” “The guards will be there” “No I don’t think so they deputy told me not to get bit I guess they have some bacteria that can make you sick.” “Okay lets together them all together and start skinning”