Status: On going! :)

Parallel Lines

Bruised.

He dragged his bag away from the seat, pumped to finally get out and to go home.

“Group two in our English interview!” one of their classmates yelled, obviously pissed off, “Bring all the materials tomorrow, okay? No need for us to have a meeting.”

He let out a sigh, staring at the girl in front of him, who was still fixing her things. He realized she was practically panicking. “What’s the matter?”

“I lost,” she groaned, “I lost my freaking padlock!”

His eyes widen, shifting his eyes on the floor, “Where did you last place it?”

“I left it hanging with my key. It must have fallen somewhere…” She snorted; he knew how much she wanted to go home that time. The girl was sick and restless; he couldn’t just stay there and leave her.

He let out a groan, not knowing what was the reason. Perhaps, this girl just wasted his freaking time? Or maybe she was completely restless and he wanted her to finally have the rest that her body needed?

He knelt and looked under the lockers; it wasn’t there. He shifted his eyes on the floor, eying for some gold padlock shit. When his eyes lied upon it, his mouth formed a grin; it was just two chairs away from hers.

“Where did I even place that,” she yelped, sitting on her chair, “I want to go home!”

He came up to her, grabbing her key from her ID.

“Wha—“ her voice trailed when she realized what he did. He grinned at her and carried the things from her table and lastly, placed all of it inside the gray locker. He locked it and went straight to her.

He stared down at her, ruffling her hair. “Go home, you tired grumpy cat.”

“Thank you!” she pinched both of his cheeks and quickly stood up from her seat. He groaned, rubbing his cheeks. She didn’t need to do that right, he muttered under his breath and watched the girl grinned.

“I need to go, Jarod,” she smiled, “Thank you so much!”

He nodded, both of his hands inside of the pockets of his slacks. “Have some rest. I’ll text you later.”

“I will.” She carried her bag, letting out a throaty cough, “See you tomorrow.”

He watched as the girl went to her friend, Jennifer, letting out a tired smile. Rubbing the back of his neck, he trailed to the door and went out, eyes still fixed on the brown eyed girl. The girl was badly coughing her lungs out when she exited the back door with Jennifer. Without unlocking his stare, he bumped into someone, causing him to bring back to life.

“What took you so long?”

It was Nicky, with his stinky ass-features. Jarod shook his head, turning his glance to his friend as he replied, “Nothing much. Where’s Julius?”

“He was with Fatima, dude. They’re waiting for you downstairs.”

He raised his eyebrow at him, “Fatima? Wait, what?”

“They’re actually waiting for you downstairs,” Nicky said, “You should go down now. The girl wants to hang out with you.”

His eyes widen at his friend, punching him on the arm, “I’m in no mood to play both of your silly games, Nicanor. Might as well shut up and let’s just go home.”

Nicky let out a sarcastic laugh, a grin plastered on his face as he stared at his friend, “So practically you think I’m playing around with you?” He asked, shaking his head, “Dude, I’m serious this time.”

He let out a sigh, ignoring him as he walked away. He brought back his eyes to the back door of the classroom. His eyes glanced everywhere when he didn’t see her, shifting and lowering, yet, he still couldn’t find the girl with fluorescent green bag.

“Jarod,” He heard Nicky who was trying to pull his bag. “Dude, I’m serious.”

When he lost her presence in the hallway full of people, he shook his head in annoyance and turned to him, “Well, I’m fucking serious too, dude. I waited for her text last night. She just wanted to meet for no ungodly reason okay?”

“No,” Nicky rubbed the back of his neck, “She told us that she needs you okay? She was guilty and she wanted to say sorry for not having any closure at all.”

“And you want me to meet her for that?” Jarod cussed under his breath, “I’m already glad we didn’t have any shitty closure, okay?”

Nicky glared down at his friend, dragging him out of the hallway and brought him to the balcony closer to the elevator. Jarod kept cussing at him until Nicky practically pushed his arm with so much force, the tall guy almost fell.

“Listen to me Jarod,” Nicky bit his inner cheek, feeling his skin getting hotter out of anger. “You’re being fucking stubborn, you asshole, okay?!”

Nicky pushed him again as he said, “I want you to fucking talk to her to fucking close the fucking issue between the both of you. You’re a man, Jarod. Stop whining and acting like she didn’t fucking leave you hanging.”

“It’s your time, Jarod, “ Nicky continued, “It’s your time to fuck her up. Isn’t that your wish ever since?”

Jarod looked out of the balcony, his back leaning on the wall. He never asked for this day to come. Never once in his life, he never did.

“It’s your time to tell her what you felt for the last few months.”

The tall guy shifted his eyes at his friend and looked down. He never wanted it to come to this point. Because that’s the point. He never wanted to have a proper closure.

“I can’t, Nicky.”

He never wanted to talk to her about the thing they had.

He never asked for her forgiveness.

“But,” Nicky gasped out his anger; he almost wanted to throw him out of the balcony, “Weren’t you the one asking for this?”

He never begged her to tell him the reason about everything she did. He never wanted her mouth to turn into a frown if he said his emotions for the past few months.

“I used to,” Jarod, shook his head and hit it on the wall, “Now that it’s finally here, I’m talking all of the things that I said back.”

Because he never wanted a closure.

He never wanted her to tell the truth.

He wanted to stay dazed until this moment.

“Wha-“ Nicky’s voice trailed as he closed his eyes, letting out shaky breaths, “What?!” He yelled.

He wanted her to stop the closure.

“I won’t go there.” Jarod said bluntly, “I don’t want to. I’m fine.”

He wanted her to forget everything and start over again.

Like nothing happened.

Nicky faced the wall, wanting to punch his friend so badly, to fucking punch the fucking lights out of him. But he knew there’s no use.

“Nicky,” Jarod stared unconsciously to the sky as he confessed, “I don’t want any closure. I want her, okay?”

Until Nicky snapped.

His friend couldn’t control his temper anymore, and Jarod already knew the next thing that happened. Nicky swung his fist and let it made contact with Jarod’s cheek.

“You deserve that.” Nicky spoke, watching his friend moaning in pain. “I can’t believe it. You’re doing this again.”

As Nicky left, Jarod didn’t say a single word as he rubbed his left cheek. Even though his cheek felt like it was burning painfully, it couldn’t be compared to his heart that felt like it was being strangled with full force.

He never wanted to listen to them.

Because he didn’t want her to say her goodbyes.

He wanted her to stay.

He wanted her to come back to him and act like nothing happened.

He wanted her to love him again, like she did few months ago.

“Nicky really knows whenever I deserve a fucking punch,” he muttered under his breath and winced.

-

Jennifer didn’t attend school the next day.

He didn’t know what was worst: the fact that his friends were not practically talking to him or the fact that even Jennifer was not here for him to feel better.

Even their English interview about Trojan shit was cancelled because most of them weren’t ready.

The last thing he wanted to have was someone asking him where did he get his bruise.

Jesus.

Wasn’t it already enough when my mom took my phone after seeing this fucking bruise? He asked himself, closing his eyes as bent his head down to sleep.

Yup, he did get his phone confiscated. Probably one also of the reasons why she didn’t know Jennifer wasn’t going to school. If he were informed, then he wouldn’t have attended class.

He waited for the classes to end so he can finally go out.

“Jarod,” Jennifer, her friend called him, “Hello.”

He watched as the girl sat on Jennifer Iris’ seat which was just located beside him. She smiled at him and took her notebook in AP class, since it was the last subject.

“You were looking very dull for almost the whole day,” Jennifer spoke, her tone was simple and very caring, “Are you alright?”

He looked up at her and grinned, “I guess so.”

She nodded and shifted her eyes to board, obviously writing notes. “You’re aware Iris won’t go to class today right? She told me she texted you as well.”

“Not really,” he replied, “Got my phone confiscated last night because of this thing on my face.”

“Oh,” she said, worried, “If you don’t mind, who punched you actually? I won’t tell anyone.”

He chuckled as he said, “Rieza. You know, Nicky my friend from Jerome.”

She nodded, grinning. “Well, that’s one hella big bruise you received from him.”

“Yeah,” he smirked, “I deserved it anyway.”

Jennifer looked at him with sympathy as she replied, “I’m sure you don’t. Maybe you were just doing wrong thing accidentally, right?”

He smiled at her and let out a sigh as he raised his shoulders, “Maybe.”

She just gave him an assuring smile and continued writing. He simply gazed on her presence, still feeling a bit alone. He needed someone to talk to. He needed someone who actually understands him.

“You’re aware Iris won’t go to class today right? She told me she texted you as well.”

The sentence repeated in his mind, giving him an idea. He grinned widely, tapping Jennifer’s shoulder.

“Jen,”

The girl stopped writing and looked at him, “Hm?”

“Do you have load? Can I text Iris like, right now?”
♠ ♠ ♠
musta