Untitled

Steve Rogers - Captain Ameowica

Captain Ameowica
Request for Evil Agent Draco
A/N: I got the idea from a fic I read of another character in a similar situation. I thought it was super cute. I hope you like it. You didn’t give me much to go on.

You walked into the main kitchen of Stark Tower to find a yellow-blonde cat atop the counter. You blinked a few times to ensure that the cat was indeed real and not a figment of your imagination caused by your limited hours of sleep.
The blonde cat remained on the counter, looking up at you with wide blue eyes as though expecting something from you. You reached out to scratch between its ears, smiling fondly. You loved cats, and you always pictured Tony as a cat person. He refused to get a pet, however, arguing that they were too much work and he had too many other important projects to work on.
You set about fetching a frying pan from beneath the stove and eggs from within the fridge to fix yourself some breakfast. The cat meowed at you from the counter, drawing your attention.
“Yes, kitty?” you answered sweetly. Then an idea struck you. “Oh! You must be hungry, huh?”
The cat meowed again, nodding slightly.
You thought for a moment. “Well, we don’t have any cat food, seeing as before today we didn’t have a cat, but let’s see…” You began rummaging through the fridge in search of leftovers or lunch meat, whatever you could find that was cat-friendly. You settled for some sliced chicken breast that Natasha had bought for sandwiches, pulling a few pieces out of the package and setting them on the counter for the cat.
The cat sniffed the offering a few times before licking it, then deciding that he (or she, you hadn’t checked yet) enjoyed the taste and began nibbling away at it. You chuckled to yourself before turning your attention back to the stove to resume your cooking.
Footsteps were heard entering the kitchen, before they stopped in the doorway. “…There’s a cat on the counter,” a female voice stated.
“Yep,” you replied, not looking up from the stove.
“Why is there a cat on the counter?” Natasha inquired, stepping forward to pet its blonde head.
“No idea,” you answered. “He was in here when I came in.”
“He’s a cutie,” the redhead mused as the cat began purring under her hand.
“He is,” you agreed. “I wonder where he came from.”
“Reindeer Games can answer that,” the familiar voice of Tony Stark himself stated, approaching the girls and the cat.
“Loki did it?” you questioned.
Tony nodded, pouring a cup of coffee. “That cat used to be Steve.”
Natasha’s hand stilled and your eyes widened, glad that you hadn’t tried checking his gender.
“What happened?” Natasha inquired, looking at the billionaire.
“It was a mistaken spell,” Loki answered, sauntering in to join the group. He leaned against the wall with a sigh. “My powers have been fluctuating since I was banished to Midgard. Casting spells isn’t quite as easy here as it is on Asgard. I was trying to turn Captain Rogers into a woman.”
“And why would you try to turn Steve into a girl?” you wondered.
Loki shrugged. “Tony dared me to. Said it would be a test of my power.”
Tony chuckled. “Failed that test, did you, Reindeer Games?”
“I still turned him into something, didn’t I?” the god growled.
“Change him back, then,” Natasha ordered.
“Can’t,” Loki replied simply.
“Why not?” the redhead challenged.
“Transformation spells can’t be reversed,” the god replied. “They have to run their course.”
“And how long is the course?” you questioned.
He shrugged again. “A week or so, perhaps.”
“Well,” you began, “I hope nothing attacks New York in the next week. Captain America’s out of service.”
The blonde cat meowed in reply, making you giggle.

“I think someone should be assigned to the cat,” Tony stated that evening while the lot of you were on the entertainment floor preparing for a movie night.
“Why?” Bruce inquired. “It’s just Steve. He can take care of himself.”
“This is a big tower,” Tony reasoned. “He could easily get lost, being so small, even if he knows where everything is. Plus, we’re not used to having a cat around – someone might step on him.”
Steve mewled in fright, jumping up into your lap at the thought. You blushed lightly, having had a crush on the Captain before he had been feline-ified.
“I think he chose someone to look out for him,” Clint remarked with a chuckle. Your blush deepened as you absent-mindedly scratched between Steve’s ears. Natasha nudged your ribs with her elbow, knowing of your plight.
“Sure, I can keep an eye on him,” you agreed.

For the next week, you ensured that Steve was fed properly and kept him from being squished by the bustling feet of the team. You were often found carrying him under your arm or seated somewhere with him curled up on your lap. You tried to treat him as just a cat, rather than the man you had a crush on.
That was simple enough. You were lying at one end of the plush leather couch in the entertainment room, the blonde furball in your lap and a bowl of popcorn accompanied by a cup of soda on the coffee table beside you. You had popped a movie into the DVD player and grabbed the required remotes before settling down, ready to watch your favorite Disney classic while Steve snoozed on your stomach.
It was late, and after consuming your soda and popcorn, you passed out on the couch shortly before the movie ended. The cat was still napping on your torso, purring softly as you fell asleep with your paw resting on his back mid-pet.

You awoke sometime the next morning with a significant weight atop your being. Your eyes snapped open, curious as to when the cat had grown so large that it took up the entire couch and weighed so much. You looked down at the cat – woah that was not a cat! That was a very half-naked Steve napping on you, still asleep.
A blush crept across your cheeks until it consumed your entire face, making you comparable to a tomato. Why was he half-naked??
In an attempt to ease your embarrassment, you mused that it must have been how Loki’s spell worked – he must have only been wearing pajama pants when he was transformed; therefore, when changing back, he appeared wearing only pajama pants.
A you lied still in your flustered state, the blonde lying on you awoke. He yawned before shaking his head and looking around, his eyes meeting yours. A similar blush crept across his face as he hastily pushed himself up with his arms, moving until he was on the other end of the couch and not touching you.
“Sorry, ma’am,” he mumbled. “I didn’t mean to startle you.”
“It’s, uh.. It’s alright,” you nodded slowly. “You were a cat when you fell asleep.”
“Oh, right,” he sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Thanks for taking care of me, by the way. It was nice to have someone make sure I didn’t get stepped on.”
You managed a small giggle. “Yeah, there was no telling what Tony would do with a cat in the Tower.”
An awkward silence settled over the both of you, resulting in Steve looking off to the side and you fidgeting with your fingernails.
“Hey, Steve?”
“Yes, ma’am?”
“How much control did you have as a cat?” you inquired.
He paused before answering. “I think I had total control. Why do you ask?”
“I was just wondering if you stuck close to me intentionally or if it was just a reflex of being a cat,” you mumbled awkwardly.
He scooted closer to you, close enough that your knees brushed against one another when you sat up straight. “That was intentional.”
You turned to look up at him, eyebrows rising in surprise. “Really?”
He smiled and nodded, resting a hand atop your own.
“Why?” you whispered.
“Because I’ve always had feelings for you, (y/n),” he whispered back. “I figured being a cat would give me an excuse to stay close to you without being rejected.”
“You wouldn’t have been rejected anyway…”
His eyes widened slightly, looking at you. “Really?”
“Really. I might have used you being a cat to do the same thing.”
The hand that wasn’t resting on yours reached up to cup your jaw, his thumb gently caressing your cheek. As your eyes slowly closed, relishing the feeling of his skin against yours, he leaned in, pressing your lips together. You responded instantly, your mouth moving against his. Your hands reached up to rest on his chest as his other arm moved to wrap around your waist.
He pulled away to rest his forehead on yours, smiling softly. “I’m glad Loki turned me into a cat.”
You bit your lip with a smile. “Me too.”