Untitled

Loki Laufeyson - You're My New Mission

You’re My New Mission
Request for Mischief Maker
A/N: The reader has a name in this one!

Though it had been six months since Loki’s conversion to the side of light, you were the only Avenger to accept his new side. The rest of the team didn’t trust him and they had no interest in trying to. They were cautious in leaving you and Loki alone in the same room, especially knowing of your crush for the demigod. You insisted to each of them that you’d be safe simply talking to the man for a few minutes, but each of them insisted that one must supervise your encounters.
Fury, of all people, was on your side.
He knew how skilled of an agent you were, especially with your ability to levitate people and objects. You had a decided advantage over most of their enemies.
Which was why he sent you on a mission to seek out an enemy hideout, and Loki was sent with you.

“Sir, are you sure it’s a good idea to send Patch and Loki alone?” Natasha inquired defensively.
“Patch is a highly trained and highly skilled agent,” Fury defended. “She can handle herself against the toughest threat – she can handle a mission with Loki.”
“How do we know we can trust Loki?” Clint questioned.
“We don’t,” Fury replied. “But we can trust Patch.”
“She has romantic feelings for him,” Clint reminded. “If he betrays her, we don’t know that she’ll be able to do what she needs to in order to stop him. He may trick her into joining him.”
“Thor,” Fury called.
“Yes?” the god replied inquisitively.
“You’ve been keeping an eye on your brother. Has he been planning ways to betray the Avengers and take over New York again?”
“None that I have seen,” Thor answered. “He seems content to be on the side of good.”
“Then I will trust that Patch can handle one mission alone with Loki,” Fury decided, his tone leaving no room for argument. The agents sighed and went back to their work.

And thus, you were sent on assignment with Loki.
To find some enemy’s secret base.
In the wilderness, in the middle of nowhere.
Alone.
With Loki.
…Not awkward or anything.

Finding the secret base was much easier said than done.
After hours upon hours of searching, even with Loki’s magic and your powers of levitation, you’d found absolutely nothing.
It was too late in the evening to return to your own base for the night, so you and Loki found a patch of trees to shield you from the weather and camp beneath. Loki used his magic to pitch a tent while you summoned logs to start a fire. You also fetched a few extra logs for the both of you to sit on.
You plopped down on a log and held your hands a few inches from the fire, rubbing them together to keep warm. Loki took a seat a few inches away, leaning back slightly, looking into the flame.
You thought about how you and Loki came to be here. Not in a spiritual “what is my purpose” kind of way – more of a “how did SHIELD’s newest agent and biggest enemy get sent on a mission together” kind of way. You’d been warned away from the god from the beginning, when SHIELD had him under lock-and-key in their specially made glass cage. But even though he was the villain, the bad guy, you couldn’t deny that he was intriguing. He was attractive, and charming, and he always sent a pleasant shiver up your spine when he spoke to you. You kept a safe distance, even after Loki was released and supposedly turned good, because Steve had asked you to. He was your best friend on the team, and he often acted as an older brother to you. He looked out for your wellbeing and kept you safe. And keeping you away from Loki was part of keeping you safe.
You allowed yourself a small sigh and a sideways glance at the raven-haired man. You didn’t spend nearly as much time with him as you’d prefer to, thanks to your agreement to keep your distance for Steve’s sake – as well as the sake of the rest of the team.
Loki noticed your sigh and turned to look at you, confusion contorting his features. He watched as you stared into the fire, lost in thought. His deepest desire was to know what thoughts clouded your mind so prominently.
Well, perhaps not his deepest desire.
“Are you alright, Agent (l/n)?” he inquired softly, pulling you out of your thoughts.
You shook your head slightly, bringing yourself back to reality. You turned to look at the man. “Yeah, I’m fine.”
“You seem rather distracted,” he noted, still looking at you.
“Just thinking,” you assured him. “It’s nothing.”
“It must be something to be taking up so much of your time,” he pressed.
You give another soft sigh. “Yeah, I guess so.”
“I do not mean to pry,” he stated, scooting closer to you, “but I am here if you need to speak to someone.”
“It’d be a little weird to talk to the person I’m thinking about,” you mused before you could stop yourself. You clamped your lips together to keep more secrets from spilling out.
A smirk crossed his lips as he looked at you. “Oh? I’m involved in the thoughts that distract you so?”
“Possibly,” you nodded.
“Do enlighten me.”
Trying to save yourself, you replied, “I was just thinking about how everyone thinks you’re a bad guy and they don’t really trust you, except for Thor. I don’t see what the problem is. You haven’t done anything evil to me. I have no reason to think you’re the bad guy.”
He looked taken back. “Really? You… You do not see me as a villain?”
“Nope,” you shook your head.
“I…” he paused, looking into the fire in surprise. “Thank you.”
It was your turn to be surprised. “For what?”
“For… trusting me, I suppose. You may very well be the only person left in the world that does not see me as a monster.”
“Thor doesn’t see you as a monster.”
“He does not trust me, either.”
“He’s your br–” You stop yourself, recalling how Loki argued profusely that Thor was not his brother. “He’s your friend. He’ll come around. He wants to trust you. I know he does.”
“How can you?” Loki inquired breathlessly. “How can you be so trusting and understanding when all evidence points to me being the villain? I tried to enslave the human race, for Odin’s sake! Your own realm! And yet you sit here speaking to me like I’m one of your own.”
“As I said,” you began, “you haven’t done anything to me. Sure, you’ve done bad things in the past, but we all have. You haven’t tried to enslave me or kill me, and you haven’t done anything exceptionally bad in the entire time I’ve been an agent. I’m not going to judge you based on what the other Avengers think of you.”
He stared at you in awe, wondering how such a creature could exist. You trusted him, you believed in him… you maybe even liked him.
He rested his hand atop yours, looking down at his lap. “You are an extraordinary human, Patch,” he whispered.
“As are you,” you replied just as softly.
He turned to face you as you faced him. His free hand reached up, stopping about an inch away from your face. He drew back slightly, hesitant to take the next step, before reaching out fully and caressing your face. You leaned into the touch, closing your eyes instinctively. He gently pulled your face closer to his, closing his eyes and pressing his lips to yours. You responded hesitantly, your free hand reaching up to cover the hand that held your face. His hand slipped from your jaw to rest gently on your hip, pulling you closer. You responded by resting your hand on his shoulder, slipping your other hand from beneath his to wrap around his neck. He wrapped both arms around your waist, deepening the kiss. Your hand slid up from his shoulder to tangle in his long black hair.
He pulled away just enough to rest his forehead against yours, breathing softly against your lips. A small smile graced his lips as his eyes met yours. You returned the smile, tilting your head up slightly to peck his nose. A soft chuckle escaped his throat as he kept his arms around you.
“I do believe I’ve fallen in love with you, Patch,” he whispered.
You smiled. “I love you too.”