Status: In progress

The Last Good Thing About This Part of Town

What a Catch

Waking up the next morning, I was so excited for this week of school. Everything was great with Nicolette and I had my first show with the guys on Saturday and I was way excited that Nicolette was going to be there.

We went through the rest of the week without any problems, which was a bit surprising for me. Ever since Nicolette and I started hanging out, there's been problems happening all around us.

Maybe Aaron backed off since everything that happened on Monday. He was walking around with a black eye and I heard stories that he just walked into the corner of a street sign, or he got hit with a football. I guess he never really told people what happened because he was embarrassed or something.

“I’m so glad you punched him” Nicolette said to me as we stood at my locker before class. “Now he’ll leave us alone” she grabbed my collar and pulled me down for a kiss.

It really turned me on whenever she grabbed my collar before she kissed me. Usually, I would be a little annoyed with anyone who would do that, but I’m not sure why I like it when she does it. Maybe just because it’s Nicolette, and well, she turns me on.

“Okay so, I kinda forgot to tell you this but,” Erika started saying.

“Oh god what now?” I interrupted, throwing my head back, wondering what else could possibly come up.

“Shut up!” She shoved my shoulder laughing a little. “My mom just wants to meet you!” She said.

“Thank God thats all it is, I was wondering what could possibly go wrong now.” I said, taking my hands off of her waist, and grabbing her hand so I could walk her to her next class.

“I said sorry about all that! You’re just not gonna let me live that down are you?” She asked

“Nope!” I said, looking at her smiling. I was totally joking of course. I didn't mind everything that happened with Aaron and Damien when we first started hanging out.

“Well, when should I come over?” I asked, returning to the original subject we started talking about.

“Well, why don’t you stop by after you get out of band practice today and I could introduce you, she could ask you all her mom questions and we could just watch a movie and order pizza from that place that has a vegan pizza you were telling me about the other day?”

“I could probably do that.” I said, thinking about how late I get out of band practice. “I’ll probably stop by around 8:30. Is that too late?” I asked as we stopped in front of her AP english class.

“No, that’ll be fine, she likes to stay up a little later than usual on Fridays cause her favorite shows are on” She said.

I leaned against the wall outside of her class and pulled her into me and wrapped my arms around her. “I’ll be there then”

“Sweet. I’ll let her know. Okay I gotta go, or I’m gonna be late and I’ve been doing really good so far this year.” She said, pulling away from me, starting to walk towards the door.

“Hey wait” I said as I grabbed her hand. “You forgot something” I smiled and pulled her in for a small kiss.

I felt her smile while I kissed her and I started laughing a little. I pulled away after a few seconds so she wouldn’t be late to class. “Okay, now you can go” I said, letting go of her hand.

She was smiling and said bye to me and walked into class. I had to rush to get to my class on time but I made it with a few seconds to spare. The day went on like usual, we walked to class together, had lunch together, I walked her to practice, still cautious of Aaron and his pack of runner friends (just in case), and I left for band practice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey man, you're sounding so good today, did you get laid or something?” Joe asked as we finished up “Saturday”.

Everyone started laughing, including me.

“Shut up man” I said, lightly throwing one of my sticks at him.

“Hey!” He said, putting up his arms to defend himself. “I was just asking”

“No seriously though man, Joe’s right, you sound dope today” Pete said.

“Thanks. I don’t know, I think I’m just excited for tomorrow.” I said

“Well, just make sure you play like that and we’ll kill it tomorrow night” Patrick said.

“Is Nicolette gonna be there?” Joe asked.

I had become really close to Joe since we met. I mean, we were total opposites, him being the partier of the group and me being vegan straight edge, but not counting those things, we were very similar. I talked to him about Nicolette and all the stuff that went on with Damien and Aaron. He was my closest friend that I had here.

“Yeah she’ll be there. She might even bring her friend Erika, but she's not really into our kind of music, so we’ll see” I said.

“Is she hot?” Pete asked

“Who? Nicolette or Erika?” I asked, confused about who he was asking about.

“Erika. I wouldn’t ask that about your girl, come on man.” He said

“Oh uh, well she’s really pretty. But you have a girlfriend man, you shouldn't be asking that about anybody. And besides she has a boyfriend too” I said.

“I’m not asking for me man, I’m asking for our fellow bandmate, and loyal little friend Joseph over here” he walked over and put his arm over his shoulder giving him a cheesy grin.

“What the fuck dude, I don’t need your help finding a girlfriend.” He said pushing him off.

“Really? When was the last time you got laid man?” Pete asked, laughing.

Joe didn’t even answer, he just gave Pete a look that made all the other guys laugh.

“Whatever man” he said to Pete “You didn’t answer my question though. Have you and Nicolette, you know, done the deed yet?” He asked me, winking.

“Well If we did, I definitely wouldn’t tell you. But just so you know, no we haven’t.” I said. “We’re technically not even together, we haven’t even had that talk yet.”

“Well it definitely sounds like you're together, just with all the things you tell us.” Patrick jumped in. “You should just make sure you guys are on the same page with your relationship”

Patrick was right, I needed to make sure she was on the same page as me so that I wouldn't get hurt. I mean, I think she is but, she could always have changed her mind.Thats it I was just gonna talk to her about it tonight after I meet her mom. No bullshit, I wasn’t about to play a stupid game like that. She’s already been through enough games with Damien and I hated seeing her upset over that stuff.

“Well, I think tomorrow night is gonna be so dope. I think we’re good.” Patrick said at about 7:30.

Sweet, that means I’m gonna be early to Nicolettes. I pulled out my phone and texted her.

GOT OUT OF PRAC EARLY. B @ UR HOUSE SOON

SWEET. C U SOON :)

I smiled and put my phone back into my pocket and gathered up my stuff.

“So what are you guys doing tonight?” I asked

“Well usually I go out on Fridays but Megan is bleeding out of her uterus right now so she wants me to stay in and watch movies with her.” Pete said, giving a grumpy look that told us he was not looking forward to it.

“I think i’m just staying in tonight too. Just gonna rest up my voice for tomorrow” Patrick added.

“Sweet, well, have fun tonight guys” I said.

We walked out together and Patrick and Pete headed towards Patricks car and Joe and I headed to ours on the opposite side of the lot.

“So what about you man? Whats up with you tonight?” I asked my friend Joe.

“Eh, I’m not sure man. Let’s just see where the night takes me” He said, putting his guitar into his back seat. “Whats are you up to tonight?”

“I’m heading over to Nicolettes house. She said her mom wanted to meet me.” I said

“Oh shit man. So it’s getting serious?” He said “Maybe you should have that talk like soon.”

“I plan on having it tonight. We’re gonna just watch movies and eat pizza in her room after I talk to her mom I think.”

“Dude, you've been here for like 3 weeks and you already have a girlfriend and I’ve lived here my whole life and I can’t even get a girl to look at me.” He said, shaking his head.

“You’re just too good for anyone here man. You’ll find someone.” I said “And hey, If things don’t work out between Nicolette and me, you could take her place in my heart ” I joked, winking at him seductively.

He just laughed. “Man, Nicolette better watch out, she's got some competition now” He said.

“Ha, alright man, I’ll see you tomorrow” I said, getting into my car.

When I got to Nicolettes house, It was about 8:00. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Nicolette answered and she was just dressed in sweats and a tank top with her hair up and no makeup. I thought she looked hot and it honestly turned me on more than usual.

“Hey” She said, giving me a small kiss before letting me in. “Come on in” She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room yelling for her mom.

“Mom, Andy’s here!” She yelled

“Okay sweetie, our house isn't that big, you don’t have to scream” I heard her moms voice as she walked in from another room attached to the living room.

“Hi Andy, it’s nice to meet you.” She said, walking up to me with her arm extended to shake my hand.

I took her hand and shook it a little lighter than I usually would anyone else because I tend to have a pretty firm grip, but to my surprise, she had a pretty tight grip as well.

“Hi Mrs. Porter, it’s really nice to meet you” I said

“Oh it’s Ms. Pacheco” She said

“Oh, I’m so sorry, Ms. Pacheco” I said a little embarrassed

“Don’t worry about it, happens all the time” She said waving it off. “Well why don’t you sit down, did you want something to drink or anything?” She asked. It was so formal and so polite, I was a little intimidated.

“No thanks, I’m fine” I said, having a seat on the love seat adjacent from the long couch she took a seat on.

Nicolette sat next to me after she walked back into the room from leaving for a few minutes, and we talked for a little while, maybe about half an hour about all the normal stuff that a mom would want to know about a guy dating her daughter. You know, my future plans for college, interests, sports, academics, what my parents do, stuff like that.

“Well Andy, I’m really glad I got to meet you and you're a pleasure to be around, you're welcome here anytime.” She said

I was so relieved once i heard her say that. I got the mothers approval and thats harder than getting her best friends approval.

“Thanks so much for inviting me, It was really nice to meet you.” I got up and shook her hand again. It was really formal and I tried my best to have really good manners, even though I was raised to have good manners, it was just nerve racking at a moment like this.

“So what are your guys’ plans for tonight?” She asked, Nicolette stepped in right away before I could answer.

“Well, we were just gonna go up to my room and watch a movie and order pizza, which I already did, It should be here soon” She said.

“Oh okay, just make sure Andy gets home at a reasonable hour okay?” She said

“Okay mom, I will” Nicolette said, pulling me back out to the hallway and upstairs. We got halfway up the stairs when the doorbell rang.

“Ohh the pizza” Nicolette said and started to walk back downstairs, but I stopped her before she went down two steps.

“I got it” I said “Go pick out a movie, I’ll be right there”

“You don’t have to do that” She said

“Yeah, well I’m going to” I said, “Seriously, go pick out a movie, something good” I said, sending her upstairs.

“Fine, she said, but next time the pizza is on me” She said, walking up the rest of the stairs.

I went back down and paid for the pizza and walked back upstairs right away. She already had the previews going.

“What are we watching?” I asked, sitting on the bed and laying the pizza down in front of us.

“Texas Chainsaw Massacre” She said, smiling at me.

“Wait what? Really? We’re not watching a chick flick?” I asked, a little confused.

“No! You think just cause I’m a girl I can’t like scary movies?” She asked, pulling a slice off of the half vegan, half pepperoni and mushroom pizza.

“No, you can, I’m just surprised its a scary movie.” I said, getting a slice of my vegan half.

“Well, I like them a lot, but I only watch them with other people because I’m too scared to watch them by myself” She confessed.

“Well, then come here” I said, putting my slice of pizza back down onto the box and opening up my arm and scooting closer to the middle of her bed so she could snuggle into me.

She moved her body into mine and she skipped through the previews and finally started the movie. Throughout the entire thing, I felt her grab my arm that was around her and squeeze it tight whenever there was a scary part. She even screamed one or two times and It made me laugh. She was a little embarrassed about it but every time she screamed or got really scared, I just wrapped her a little tighter in my arms and she nestled into me a little more.

When the movie was over, we finished about half of the pizza and Nicolette wouldn't let me free from her.

“Well, now you have to stay with me until I fall asleep” She said, looking up at me.

“Well, I guess you're lucky I don’t have a curfew” I said. Smiling down at her.

I gave her a light kiss and she returned it with a long tender kiss. I let my tongue find its way into her mouth and she gave me entry right away. She started to turn me over and push me down on my back and she climbed on top of me, crashing her lips back into mine. I started to move my hands up and down her legs and up to her cute, firm little ass. Her hands were tangled in my hair and she was grinding her hips against mine. It was really hot and I felt myself start to get hard.

She pulled back “Wait” she said, putting her hands on my chest and sitting up, still straddling me.

“Whats wrong?” I asked, coming up onto my elbows.

“Look, I really, really like you and you’ve been so amazing. And I mean, I want to, I do, but I don’t know, for some reason, with you….. I’m scared” She confessed.

“Wait, what do you mean with me?” I asked “Wait, are you a virgin?” I blurted out, immediately regretting it.

“What? No! But I mean like, you're like the first guy I’ve actually liked this much and, I don’t know, it’s just this feeling that I’ve never had before, like it’s different this time. This time, theres a possibility that, well, I might actually get hurt.”

What she was saying definitely took me by surprise, but after processing it for a few seconds, I just sat up, pulling out from under her and pulled her into my arms. I knew that I had to respect what she wanted and I needed to also reassure her that I liked her way too much to hurt her.

“Look, I would never hurt you. I like you way too much to do that. But, if you want to wait, that’s okay. I can wait. I’m not going to pressure you into doing anything you don’t want to, I’m not that kind of guy.” I said,

I saw a small smile fall across her face, “Thank you. You're the best” She said, then leaned in for a soft, tender kiss. Once she pulled away, I decided now would be the time to talk about us.

“Besides, I kinda planned on talking to you about something tonight before, all of that anyway.” I said. “So, like, what are we? Like, I know I like you a lot, and I really want us to be exclusive, but I want to make sure you want to be too.”

“I kinda thought we already were.” She said, a little confused, with a bit of concern in her eyes. “Why have you been talking to anyone else?”

My eyes went wide and I immediately replied “No! Of course not! I just assumed that, since we never really talked about it, we weren't like officially together.”

“Well, I guess I could see why you would think that. I never actually called you my boyfriend or even hinted to the fact that I thought we were like together, together” She said.

“Well, now I’m just glad we’re on the same page.” I said,

“Me too.” She said, I pushed back the piece of hair that had fallen in front of her face and gave her a soft kiss. We ended up just making out like before but we didn't go any further than that. We both ended up getting really tired around 11 and I accidentally fell asleep there. I told my dad I was going to be at Joe’s that night so that I could go home late, but I didn't plan on spending the night.

I was woken up by an alarm that went off at about 8 AM. It sucked that it was so early but waking up with Nicolette in my arms definitely made my morning.

“Oh shit, did we fall asleep?” I asked, quickly sitting upright on her bed.

“Damn it, you gotta go. My mom is gonna be up soon.” She said, jumping out of bed heading towards the door. She looked into the hallway to see if her mom was in fact awake yet.

“Come on, she's still sleeping” She waved to me.

We quietly walked downstairs to the front door, she opened it and I stepped out, I turned around to face her and she was just standing in the doorway.

“I didn’t mean to fall asleep, I’m sorry.” I said

“It’s okay, I didn't exactly send you home either” She said, gave a small smile and kissed me.

“Good luck today. I don’t think I’m gonna make it cause the guys wanna rehearse before the show” I said

“Thats okay. Next week is a home meet, maybe if you're not too busy being a rock star you could come to that one” She said, smiling.

“I’ll see you tonight right? I gave you the venue and stuff, you have a ride?” I was a little worried that she wasn't gonna be there. I was nervous for it and if she was there I knew it was gonna be okay.

“Yes, I will be there. Erika actually agree to come with me so I didn't have to go alone. Now get out of here before my mom comes down the stairs and sees that you're still here.” She pushed my shoulder lightly.

I quickly stepped up to her for a quick kiss before I turned around and headed to my car and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry for not posting in a while but I'm FINALLY done with school so that means I have no distractions this summer, so I'll be posting more frequently. Hope you guys are enjoying how the story is coming! I couldn't resist putting a little Trohley into there ;) haha! Well make sure to comment and subscribe! You guys are truly awesome!