Status: In progress

The Last Good Thing About This Part of Town

You were the song stuck in my head

When Andy’s lips met mine, I felt something I have never even felt with Damien. His lips were warm and soft and his beard slightly tickled my chin, but I actually enjoyed it. I pulled my lips back and rested my forehead on his because I knew that if I didn’t stop this kiss, we would have been standing there for hours.

“Erika, Luis and I are gonna go get food. Wanna come?” I asked. Still pressed up against his forehead.

“Well I don’t really know Luis” He said

“He’s super nice and super easy to talk to. Don’t worry about it” I said, pulling away from him, trying to get him to come with us.

“Well what do I get if I go?” He asked, smiling down at me.

“Well first, food, and second, well” I said, grabbing the collar of his shirt, looking up to him smiling, then gently kissed his lips.

“Okay well I can’t argue with that combination” He said as I pulled my lips back.

Just then, Erika and Luis walked up and joined us.

“So I’m guessing you're coming too Andy?” Erika asked

“Uh, yeah” He said, looking down and scratching the back of his head. I thought it was really cute how embarrassed he was.

Erika laughed and introduced Luis to Andy.

“Andy this is my boyfriend Luis” She said

“Hey man whats up” He said with a smile and reached his hand out to shake Andy’s.

“Not much bro, nice to meet you” he said, reciprocating the same friendly attitude.

I grabbed his hand and we all started walking toward the parking lot.

“We’ll meet you there! Andy has his car!” I said.

Suddenly I heard someone exclaim “WHAT THE FUCK?!”

We all turned around and saw Aaron angrily making his way towards Andy and me.

“Oh no” I said, stepping in front of Andy.

“Move” Aaron said when he finally approached us.

“No! You're not gonna do this, you're just being stupid.” I said, still standing in front of Andy.

“No, I’m not. He needs to know that he can’t just steal someones girl and get away with it”

“I am NOT your girl. Why can’t you get that through your head!” I yelled, annoyed at the fact that he still thought he had a chance with me.

He grabbed me by my arm and tried to move me out of the way, but as soon as he put his hands on me, Andy stepped in and pushed him off me.

“Get your hands off of her man” He said, sending Aaron a few steps back.

“Now you're gonna step up? Come on, lets go bro” Aaron said, pushing Andy multiple times.

He went in to swing at him but Andy just dodged it with one quick move of his head.

“I’m not gonna fight you dude” He said, laughing a little.

“Yeah why not? You scared to get your ass beat?” Aaron said, still pushing Andy.

“No. because I would lay you out in one punch” Andy said, making me laugh.

This made Aaron pissed and he was trying to swing at Andy, but Andy looked like he had some actual fighting experience and dodged them like a pro, but it looked like he was getting really annoyed, and Aaron wasn't backing down any time soon. He looked to me and gave me a ‘What do I do?’ kind of look and I couldn't help but try to hide my laughing.

“Just do it” I said quietly, but making sure he heard me. He looked surprised but then gave me an ‘okay, whatever you want’ look. He pushed Aaron back, took a step towards him and swung so hard that Aaron went straight to the ground. He remained conscious but couldn't find the energy to stand up.

“I wasn't lying man. I gave you a fair warning” Andy said, standing over him

“Yo Damien, come get your boy” Luis yelled over to Damien, who was talking to some freshman girl who was on the team. Ugh, he was such a creep.

Luis was laughing, like he didn't even like Aaron to begin with.

“We should, uh, go.” Erika said, hoping that coach wouldn't see his two star athletes in this situation. It didn't look very good if his top boy runner was laying on the ground after being laid out, and his top girl runner just leisurely standing by.

Aaron finally came up with a moan and started to sit up, just as Damien ran up and pulled him up by his arms.

“What the fuck happened?” he asked.

“Nicolette’s boy Andy laid him out man” Luis said, still laughing.

“Bro, what the hell did he do to you?” Damien asked Andy.

I stepped in between them and interrupted

“Actually, why don’t you ask your boy what he did.” I said to him, giving him a look of disgust.

“Come on guys, lets go get food” I said, then grabbed Andy’s hand and we all started walking towards the parking lot, like we had been before this all started.

As we were walking, Luis was still entertained at the situation that had just gone down.

“Dude, you laid him out in one swing. You are my hero!” He said

“He was starting to get annoying and I didn't really know what else to do so” He said.

“You seem like you have a lot of fighting experience” Erika said, curiously.

“Erika!” I scolded

“What? You don’t just magically know how to punch like that. He learned it from somewhere” She replied

“It’s cool. I actually take a lot of boxing classes, and I do a lot of cross fit and stuff. I’ve actually never really gotten in a fight” He said

“Well, I will totally join you at the gym if it means I can punch like that.” Luis said

“Oh please why would you need to know how to punch” Erika said, rolling her eyes

“Well, just in case! What if someone tries to mug me, or if a dude is harassing you while I leave you for like 2 minutes” He said

“Okay, whatever” She said “I’m hungry can we just choose where to eat and go?”

“Well Andy is a vegan so we need to go somewhere he can eat too” I said.

“Well as long as I can get like a salad or something I’m fine.” He said quickly after.

“Wow, he really is perfect” Erika said, giving me an approving nod. “Well I’m dying for pizza. Theres this really good place about 10 minutes away that has pizza and a salad bar. That okay?” She asked everyone

“Sounds good to me” Andy said.

Me and Andy got in his old Mustang and Erika and Luis got into her Prius and we followed her to the restaurant.

“So you’ve really never gotten into a fight?” I asked him as we pulled out of the lot.

“Nope, never” He said “Why? Did you think I've been in one?” He asked

“I thought you would have been in a couple in your life” I said.

“Why? Cause I have a bunch of tattoos and I’m in a rock band?” He asked, laughing slightly

“Well, yeah” I said.

“Nah. I’m kind of a pacifist. I don’t really see the need to use violence in any situation.” he said

“Well then why did you punch him?” I asked

“Well, first of all, I wasn't just gonna let him grab you like that, second, he was really starting to annoy me, and third, it just didn't really look like he was gonna back down.” he said.

“Well thank you for defending my honor” I said, in some weird princess voice.

“Anything for you my lady” He said, grabbing my hand and kissing it.

When we got to the restaurant and everyone ordered and Andy got his salad, we sat at a booth near the back of the restaurant.

“So I was wondering Luis” Andy said “You seemed to enjoy that I laid out Aaron. Do you not like him or..?

“Dude that guy is so annoying. Nicolette, sorry I didn't ever tell you but he was just a cocky little prick, and I’m glad you dumped him. I wasn't sure how much longer I could hang out with you when he was around.” Luis said

Andy just busted up laughing. I’ve never seen him laugh so hard, which made me start laughing just as hard as he was. By the time we both stopped laughing and could control our emotions, our pizza was ready. Luis went up and got it for us and we sat there for a few hours just talking and laughing about the stupidest stuff.

I really enjoyed the fact that Andy and I could hang out with my best friend and her boyfriend so naturally. It seemed like Andy was actually going to fit into my life super easily.

After about an hour, and an entire large pizza, we finally decided that we needed to go home. Before we left, Erika and I went to the bathroom, like we usually do, just to talk and have our best friend time.

“So are you guys like, together now or what?” She asked me as I came out of the stall.

“Well, I don’t think were like exclusively dating but, were definitely like, a thing. You know?” I said as I started to wash my hands.

“Well, I really like him, Luis wants to be butt buddies with him, so I approve” She said giving me a large playful smile.

“I’m glad you approve” And I actually was. My best friends approval meant a lot to me, and she's never really approved any of the other guys I’ve dated in the past, and she's never been wrong about any of them.

We walked back out to find the boys arm wrestling. Andy looked like he was barely trying and Luis looked like he was about to pass out.

“Okay, don’t break my boyfriend” Erika said, breaking up the guys.

“I totally had that babe” Luis complained

“Sure you did” She said. “Lets go.”

Andy grabbed my hand and led me outside. “Bye guys! See you tomorrow” I yelled to Erika and Luis.

“See you later dude!” Luis yelled to Andy, not even acknowledging that I said bye to him.

“Bye boo!” Erika yelled then got in the car, followed by Luis in the passenger side. She turned the engine on then drove off while Andy and I were still standing next to his Mustang.

“I might have some competition with Luis” I said.

Andy just laughed “Nah, he's not as pretty as you. You don't have anything to worry about”

He opened the passenger side door for me and I got in and he ran over to the drivers side and got in after me. We made our way to my house, while listening to a mix of my alternative music and his heavy metal music.

We pulled up and he put the car in park, and we talked for a little while before I had to go inside.

“So, I have a show on Saturday, and I think that since I came to your meet, you're obligated to come to my show” He said “Plus, I can get you backstage since you know, I’m uh, tight with the band”

"Saturday? You've been apart of the band like 3 days, isn't that a little soon?" I asked

"Nah. They didn't have very many songs to begin with, and they aren't that hard to learn. They had this gig booked before their old drummer quit" He said "Thats why they needed a drummer so quickly"

“Ah I see" I said "Well, I think that's fair. I have a meet on Saturday morning though.”

“Well, I think you’ll be okay since it doesn't start until 8 anyway” He said, giving me a smug look.

“Fine, I’ll be there.” I said, rolling my eyes playfully.

“You can bring Erika if you want too, It’s not a big deal” He said

“Erika doesn’t even like my music. I doubt she’ll like heavy metal”

“Oh, we’re not heavy metal. We’re just a little pop punk band that barely anyone knows. We’re just opening for a popular local band” He said.

“Really? I thought since you listened to all this metal that…” He cut me off

“That I would be in a metal band? Nah, I like all kinds of music. I wouldn't even really describe this band as pop punk. Our singer, Patrick, has like a soul voice. I have no idea what kind of genre we are. We’re just Fall Out Boy I guess” He said.

“Hmm. Well I guess I’ll find out Saturday” I said and smiled. He just smiled back and bit his lower lip. ‘Ugh that is so hot’ I thought. I pulled myself out of my staring and just said to him “Well, I have homework to do so I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow” He whispered, leaning in for a kiss, and it was like a magnet was drawing me towards him. I just crashed my lips against his and I just got lost in the kiss.

We were basically making out for a good 5 minutes before I had to pull away because I actually did have homework that I have to do.

“I really have to go” I said, grabbing my bag from the floor of the car. I gave him another really small peck, then started opening the door. I was halfway out the door when I felt his hand grab mine.

“Wait” he said

I turned around and I knew he just wanted another kiss and, lets be honest, I did too. He pulled me towards him and I gave him another small peck and turned around and got out of the car.

I got halfway to my front door then turned around and headed back towards his still parked car. I opened the door, reached in, grabbed his collar and leaned in for a soft, tender kiss. I pulled back after a few seconds and told him “Okay, now I really have to go”

“See you tomorrow” He said, smiling and gazing into my eyes

I bit my lip and replied “See you tomorrow” in a soft whisper, then I finally closed the door and walked all the way into my house.

I closed the door and just leaned against it like how all those girls do in the movies when they just got kissed. I never really thought it was a real thing until I caught myself doing it, but I honestly didn’t care.

“So when am I going to meet this guy?” I heard my mom ask as she was walking down the stairs, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, um, not really anytime soon.” I said, grabbing my bag and started heading upstairs.

“I need to meet him” She said, in her serious mom voice.

My mom gave me a lot of freedom. She never really said no to what I wanted and she never really asked to meet any of my boyfriends before. Thats why it came as a shock to me when she said she had to meet him.

I stopped and turned around “Um, you've never asked to meet any of the other guys I've dated”

“Well I am now. You seem to be really interested in this guy and I just wanna know what guy has finally got my daughter head over heels” She said

“Well, he doesn't really look like any of the other guys I’ve dated. He’s a little more, uh, rough” I said, trying to let her know gently that he’s basically a hardcore metal head with tattoos all over his body.

“Well, then I definitely need to meet him” She said, standing her ground.

“Ugh, fine” I complained. “I’ll try to see when he can come over again okay?”

“Better make it soon.” she said, then turned around and walked into the other room.

I walked upstairs and laid on my bed for a few minutes before I started my homework. Just then my phone vibrated. It was Erika

UGH LUIS WONT STOP TLKING BOUT ANDY

I just smiled at the thought of Andy

GET USED 2 IT I replied.

Andy was so perfect in every way. I couldn’t seem to think about anything else. All I wanted at that moment was to be in his presence. We didn't even have to talk. As long as we were just sitting around doing nothing, I was completely happy.

After I finished my homework around 9:30, showered and got ready for bed, I laid in my bed and contemplated texting Andy, just in case he was awake. I decided that I shouldn't because he was probably asleep. I plugged in my phone, set it down on my side table turned over and closed my eyes, before my slumber was interrupted by my phone notifying me of a text. I flipped back over and checked it.

When I saw who it was from, I got butterflies in my stomach at the sight of Andys name

UR PROBS ASLEEP RITE NOW. I JUST WANTED 2 SAY GOOD NITE! CANT WAIT 2 C U 2MORROW! :)

I became so giggly when I read his text, and I wanted him to know that I was awake and saw it right away

GOOD NITE! :)

I got a reply back instantly.

:)

Was all he replied, but even something so small, could make me smile like a goofy little girl. I put my phone back on the table, turned over and thoughts about Andy kept me awake for a few minutes, but I finally happily fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't really get over how adorable they are to be honest. I hope you guys are enjoying so far! Make sure to leave comments and subscribe!

I know this story is kinda happening fast but theres a lot more stuff I wanna get to so just bear with me okay! Love you guys! Muah!