Status: Active

Then I Found You

Chapter 9

"Hey babygirl" I looked up to see Brian standing at the entrance of my store with a small smile on his face.

"Hey Bri" I murmured and smiled at him. I stood up when he reached me and hugged him tightly. I needed my best friend now.

"You mad at me?"

"I shook my head. "I'm not mad at anyone , besides Matt"

"Why?" he wondered , sitting down on the couch in my office.

"He had no right keeping this from me Bri. He needed to tell me the moment you got into this business."

"I know. He wanted to protect you. We told him it's a bad idea but you know Matt. He doesn't always think clearly."

I took a deep breath , "what do you think I should do?"

"I think you need to talk to him. Guy's a mess , his head isn't at work , he screwed up so many times since you broke up."

"I miss him" I admitted , "he made a mistake. I know that , but I don't want him to ever lie again"

Brian chuckled , "I promise you I don't think he'll ever lie again. It threw him back to reality when you left him , he knows how it feels to lose you."

"I need to talk to him , don't I?"

"I think so" he shurgged , "but , it's your choice."

"I think I do" I chuckled , "I need to hear things from his point of view"

Brian smiled , "good idea. I need to go babe but please go as soon as you can. We miss you. We all do"

I nodded , "I think I'll go now. Kelsey and Blair is here."

"I'll drop you off." Brian said and smiled when I nodded.

"Imma just telling Kels , then we can go"

I walked off to Kelsey's office and told her that I'm going over to Matt's. She wished me good luck.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be"

As soon as we parked at Matt's house , we hopped out and stepped into the house.

"Matt's in his office" Brian said softly.

I nodded and walked to Matt's office. Zack and Johnny was sitting there as well when I walked in.

They both smiled brightly at me and then excused themselves after both kissing me on the cheek.

I frowned when I saw Matt's face. He had dark bags under his eyes , he was unshaved and he looked tired.

"Baby.." he gasped , "you're here , am I.. God am I dreaming?"

"No Matty." I said softly. "I need to hear things from your side. You need to tell me exactly what you do."

He nodded , "Okay."

I smiled , I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing in Brian's car but looking into those hazel eyes filled with hope , fear and happiness I was sure I was.

He's the leader of the Mob , yes.

But he's still my Matty. My boy.